Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that this is easily the most boring uncharted in the series?

Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that this is easily the most boring uncharted in the series?

Attached: uncharted 4.jpg (1024x576, 294K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uRtjAPPGBFo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No 1 and 3 are worse the correct ranking is
2>4>3>1

Tomb Raider is unironically better in every conceivable way.

Let the seething begin.

correct

This list is correct

1 is fun because it's campy.

3 is sloppy, but it still has a bit of camp.

4 took itself too seriously and removed every trace of soul. Remember how the main menu uses like just a standard font, no music and no logos or anything?

1 at least felt fresh, being the first one of the series
3 is the worst

Uncharted 4 has a level that is LITERALLY a walk through a museum.

And several levels which are figuratively walks through a museum. Since they dumbed down the platforming because lord forbids players can actually fall to their deaths if they don't want to.

They all seem the same to me. Got tired after the second one.

4 and LL are the best ones though
>best melee with no slow mo shit, super lengthy animations, and fewest combat QTEs
>the grapple hook, which is essentially the only time platforming in uncharted has been especially interesting
>best movement and gunplay
>best set pieces, only rivaled by 2
>the jeep

Every entry has the walky bits. If you got ADD and want to just rush past them, you can in mere minutes.

I actually agree. Terrible stories though.

there is absolutely nothing "fresh" about 1. It's lives up to the "tomb raider but with a guy" meme the most.

both are qte and cutscene ridden garbage, but you would consider that sort of thing a masterpiece coz you're a peasant afterall

I enjoyed them all about the same. They are a fun romp and nothing more, I thought 4 was pretty great and looks gorgeous on PS4 Pro. I know people hate on the series and they have plenty of reason to, but I love the Uncharted games very much.

>best melee with no slow mo shit, super lengthy animations, and fewest combat QTEs

It's still 99% automatic shit that is not interesting.

>the grapple hook, which is essentially the only time platforming in uncharted has been especially interesting

LMAO how? It's literally just push button and Nate will automatically throw the hook to the grappling point and if he extends his hand forward, no matter how impossible the angle seem, the magneticism bullshit will make him 100% grab a ledge if you jump.

>best movement and gunplay
Combined with the fewest amount of encounters in the entire franchise.

>best set pieces, only rivaled by 2
With the exception of the chase that was featured in the E3 trailer, the setpieces are terrible.

>the jeep
Literally an excuse to make the player take time to reach a destination. Brings absolutely nothing to the gameplay.

youtu.be/uRtjAPPGBFo

And I forgot to mention the quote.

The thing about the platforming is that in the previous games in the franchise, you could actually miss jumps. You could actually accidentally jump off a ledge while hanging from it if you tried to jump in the same direction.

In UC4, Nate *cannot* make a false jump while hanging. The game won't let you jump unless there's another ledge that Nate can grab onto.

And with the exception of the final levels, there's no platforming sections that require timed inputs.

It suffers from the same shit that the new TR games suffered: Platforming is now a 99% automatic task full of magnetic ledges and super jumps

Read Yes obviously you can still jump off a cliff. But the hanging system (which is used in the majority of the platforming sections, to excruciatingly excessive amounts) has a "safety" that doesn't allow you to make false jumps

>It's still 99% automatic shit that is not interesting.
It wasn't interesting in the other games mate, at least when it's simplified it becomes a lot more useful as a tool. The game is a shooter foremost
>LMAO how?
It adds a lot of versatility to the combat arenas and even deforms to corners.
>Combined with the fewest amount of encounters in the entire franchise.
It has the best encounter and level design though :^)
>With the exception of the chase that was featured in the E3 trailer, the setpieces are terrible.
the art heist is 10/10. you could write a whole paper on that shit it's such a slam dunk of scripting, geometry, and character writing.
>Literally an excuse to make the player take time to reach a destination. Brings absolutely nothing to the gameplay.
way to out yourself as a baby who never thought to be aggressive and run people over /use the jeep as cover. Notice your selective memory, it brings nothing to the gameplay oops except your favorite scene in the game.

I'm honestly 100% convinced you believe that BamHam is a good combat system as well.

Climbing is fucking boring.

You must be retarded.

I played through the game 3 times and I still cant aim for shit.

It's my personal favorite because I'm a sucker for pirate themed stuff but I see why Yea Forums put it in low tier on their PS4 chart and Lost Legacy is higher up.

Attached: 1562436885323.png (3269x1240, 3.56M)

not sure if troll or ND developer

This.
The core gameplay is much better in Tomb Raider. The reboots suffer from too much bloat though, i.e. all the stupid bullshit they want you to collect.

4 is unironically worse than 3.

Everyone gave U4 10/10 on release and called it the "true" sequel to Uncharted 2 on release, but then it was even more quickly forgotten than 3.

The ending was heartwarming.

uc4 is far better than 3

4 is boring yes.

The level design and assets are all wasted on huge areas without gameplay and it sucks honestly.

There are entire parts of levels where only walking and talking happens.

nu Tomb Raider is generally just a cheap imitation of Uncharted. Only the platforming is better. And platforming is easy in Uncharted because it's just meant to make the movement fast and easy to supplement the action-gameplay during stealth and combat, especially in multiplayer

>Only the platforming is better.
ehh the rope bow is trash though, it's like
>see object with ropes on it
>aim and shoot
>shimmy at a snail's pace down it
Whereas in a game like Metroid this simply be a 1-tile gap that you could quickly morph ball through.

This is not true. Guy in that youtube video LITERALLY made a false jump.

the grappling hook in Rise was awesome. It was like an Inspector Gadget hand you could use to reach out and hook on to a handhold or rock that you barely couldnt reach with your real hands, then you would swing extra fast along the arc and let go at the end of it to go flying outwards further and faster to try and jump to the next handhold / rock / ledge, which you also might not be able to reach and you would have to use your hook. It was short range and very precise / manual compared to the swinging in UC4