Why do millennials on Yea Forums call themselves "boomers"?

Are they ashamed of being millennials, or are they just larping as "le experienced vidya boomer xD" ?

Attached: 1236842546.jpg (633x640, 51K)

It's a normalfag thing

noone wants to be a boomer so i doubt they are pretending

It started when gen z noticed how older millenials have little in common with them so they made the 30 year old boomer meme saying

>old game good
>new game bad

I just play along with it

I think it's an age-coping mechanism
Millennials are considered 18-30( even a couple years ago). This means some of them are now in their 30s and starting to feel old.

Anons stopped thinking for themselves and just parrot stuff they see for a chance to fit in because they know they don't stand one in real life.

It's just a meme. Actual REAL boomers are in their late 60's now.

if you have to ask then lurk more, sweetie

this

If you are 30+ you are a boomer from the meme. Real boomers are like 60+ and they dont exist on Yea Forums and most of the internet.

I think it started on /soc/ when they made fun of older people trying to hit on girls at bar and that was the moment the boomer wojak was made

Stop shitposting, please. I just wanna talk about videogames.

i'm 27 and i can't enjoy anything but retro fps games anymore, when i see fortnite it's like boomers who only listen to classic rock hear pop music

I am le 25 year old baby boomer XD

Try Danganronpa, Sexy Brutale, Sinking City or Yuppie Psycho and see if you can enjoy one of these story driven games.

was on /int/ first, then moved to /fit/. there were always the unreasonably jacked old dudes at the gym drinking monster zero before their workout, so that is where the variation of the boomer with a can of monster came from, which has kind of become the default. and it is one of my favorite new memes of the past two years, almost every board has used it for their own content.

Attached: 1545122767608.jpg (861x929, 201K)

because the internet is not serious business

>80-84; boomers
>85-94; boomer pretending millennials
>95-99; boomer pretending zoomers

I think it’s just for shitposting purposes
Have fun

Is a joke, buddy
Just like Yea Forums calling themselves little girls.

If you want to see some "le xD" tier shit just look at the LITERALLYMEXD shit by searching up any youtube video with the word "Doomer"