baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Console
youtube.com/watch?v=EA3AfbFCiDc
youtube.com/watch?v=Yd8BMF8dQpI
youtube.com/watch?v=BMTPMbwwgkw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can't wait for these to come to Switch desu

Imoen's portrait looks in her 30s

Baldur's Gate doesn't need mods.

just scs and shit like more bags, 100% scroll learning, faster out of combat walk speed etc. next time i'm playing without scs, it's annoying after a while

Whoever wrote the fan banter for Imoen made her a top cutie btw

Attached: death to those who dare harm the imouto.jpg (491x378, 92K)

Those portraits look so out of place in a BG game.

Just started playing through Dragonspear couple of days ago, also this

based ryoko

How shit is it?

Thoroughly enjoying it so far, though I don't like the start party member options.

I don't use mods and I don't use EE you faggot fuck

How fast paced are these games? I tend to buy anything turnbased and non-action-y on PC since I can access it from anywhere and play leisurely.

Zero mods
Still haven't beaten it.
I always get bored during the candlekeep shapeshifter slog.

shill

Attached: b9ed30d3f0d4538b3bb778e89cc4a43e3a08cc4d77edd2b4728d1916b60ea181.gif (1221x1007, 142K)

fights last 20 seconds if you have a good fighter

For the record, I've added the following:
tamrielfoundry.com/articles/the-ultimate-baldurs-gate-experience/

Custom Ryoko portraits for everyone available

You can get the originals on GoG by buying the enhanced edition and then using the key to unlock the originals.

Or you can just pirate them of course, though I don't know any torrents.

Lot of clicking or is it strictly turnbased?

You first you sad little man

max shill

Attached: 1557578040860.jpg (631x719, 159K)

depends how many mages you have, how powerful you are compared to the enemies you're fighting. mage on mage battles take longer with pausing, melee/ranged heavy fights can be done without as much pausing. you're gonna have to babysit the ai no matter what though, it's just how it is

if you read some guides or figure out the system quick enough most of the early game is pretty fast paced, however it starts to slow down the further in you come and there really isn't a way to change your mind when it comes to characters when you're neck deep in slow to deal with enemies around every corner.

Personally I suggest ranger/warrior or theif/mage if you got the original. which allows you to cruise through the game until when you actually need to optimize your wizards instead.

Ryoko Kui

Fug, I'm going to play the games no matter what but it looks like remotely playing from work is gonna be a no-go. Thanks for the tips, anons.

>Thread is literally about how to play the game without the Enhanced Edition
>Starts accusing people of shilling

Is this some subtle pro-beamdog shilling to stop people from just modding their own games rather than putting up with EE:s bullshit?

Attached: 1422208519770.png (256x256, 86K)

None because all these NPC interaction mods are cancer and BG2 is worse off with its constant cringy party banter.

Oh and you're constantly gonna have to micro your wizards either dodging AOE shit or the enemy suddenly feeling smart so it can get kinda tedious around there.

But most people seem to like the wizards aspect the most next to the story so Idunno.

If you go into options, gameplay, pausing, you can set the game to pause at the end of every round. Then the game turns proper turn-based.

Her bg1 default one yes, otherwise no

this plays like shit imo don't do it, the physical combat plays fine ignoring the rounds, you can switch target pretty much any time

Play Icewind Dale

Attached: iwind030.png (640x480, 380K)

Attached: 1559596676468.jpg (2560x3810, 3.18M)

god she's a good artist.

Attached: 1559596745763.jpg (2552x3840, 3.93M)

I began replaying BG1 followed by BG2 after BG3's announcement, but my BG2 playthrough has come to a halt. I'm just not feeling it any more

Attached: Unimpressed Winnie HD edition.jpg (2500x1250, 244K)

How did she do it bros?

Attached: saerileth downloads.png (795x58, 5K)

take the icewind dale pill

Attached: 1484878022873.png (372x300, 77K)

I feel the same but I stopped playing in durlag tower in bg1. I just don't feel like playing anymore.

What was that mod that mashes together all the games into one mega game? Or am i just making things up? If im not, is it any fun to play solo all the way through?

thats the best dungeon in the series cuck

Just the one where you fuck Imoen. Incest is so incredily based and redpilled, I really don't understand why more games don't do it. GoT and Patreon proved having brothers and sisters fuck is basically a license to print money.

I did but got bored at some point and now I have no fucking idea what I was suposed to do

Shes not your real sister tho

Charlie please stop posting

read your journal dumdum

Attached: KBFDhZR.png (527x512, 200K)

no!

Had this laying on my backlog forever and I want to give it a shot.
Quick question, do I have to read any D&D ruleset, is the manual enough? Any quickstart guide?
I'm just tight on free time.

Nah. Most stuff is pretty obvious, at least in the start. Later into the game, you might have to tweak your tactics according to their spell casting though, then it becomes good that you are paying attention to what the spells actually do

Armor class and Thac0 lower is good
CCs like Sleep and Glitterdust are good
In BG2 one of your melee fighters should be able to a blunt weapon
That's it

user, you can literally use custom portraits by just having them in the right folder as long as you follow the file extension and size requirements, and you can override the default ones in the same way. Hell, the Dungeon Meshi ones are even pre made for you by a guy one the Beamdog forum if you Google it.

the lower your AC, the better it is same with thac0
thac0 is the minimum roll you need to hit an enemy with armor class 0 so if you have 18 thac0 and your enemy has 4 AC
the roll you need to score a hit would be 18 thac0 - 4 ac = 14

>Hmm?
Jesus.

Give your mage crowd control spells like sleep and confusion. You'll understand when your entire party is taken out by a single spell.
Trolls can only be killed by fire and acid

She was a top cute since BG1.

Beamdog is a guilty of a number of different crimes. Here are the major ones.

1. The Enhanced Editions are essentially a collection of free mods that had existed for nearly twenty years. Beamdog gathered them all up, slapped "Enhanced Edition" on it and resold it as a new product. There's very very little in the Enhanced Editions that wasn't already out there, and most of it is stuff you don't want (like obnoxious character outlines).

2. The games didn't sell so well and the originals were still far outselling them, even twenty years after their release, so Beamdog had EVERY digital distributor stop selling the originals and ONLY sell the Enhanced Edition. If you want to buy a digital copy of the originals now, they're "bundled" into the Enhanced Edition. Now these scumbags can claim sales from people just wanting to buy the originals as their own.

3. The infamous 600+ bugs on launch. The game is still riddled with bugs (as even a perfunctory glance over their forums show) but the fact that it took nearly two years for them to get a game that had been working fine for 20 years to reach playability after launch is telling of their wild incompetence.

4. This is where we get to the ones that really piss people off. Beamdog couldn't just remaster the game, they had to fuck with the content too. New dialogue for existing NPCs like Jaheira, Viconia, Safana, Kivan, et cetera was written in to make the characters more progressive and leftist friendly. Beamdog shills will argue that "adding content isn't changing content XDDD" but it is when the new content changes the core personalities of the existing characters. This is in addition to adding a slew of their own LGBT (hitherto there were none in Baldur's Gate) NPCs, all flooded with OP attributes and magic items to encourage people to play them despite their cancer.

5. Siege of motherfucking Dragonspear.

Attached: Beamdog.png (661x245, 39K)

Is this a mod or Bioware's dialogue was already cringy back then?

Go in a dungeon and kill trash mobs

It's a mod but BG2's dialogue is cringy garbage.

It's a mod but yes, BW's dialogue was already cringy back then. The BG games just get a free pass because they're 20 years old.

Did anyone else actually play that piece of trash?
Safana comes off as even more of a bitch. She is completely unlikable. Which makes sense when you consider what intersectional feminists consider acceptable behavior.

It's a mod for BG1

Which one?

WAIT a mangaka actually made a BG portrait pack?
can japs even play crpgs?
desu the girls in BG2 are kind of your typical VN heroines

BG1 NPC project

Thanks. Do you recommend it?

THere is an Imoen romance mod for BG1?

Westaboos are more common than you might think.

anyone that says yes is a retard

Pillars of eternity worth getting into? I have played like 3 hours before and played arcanum several times. Will I be satisfied?

There's two, unfortunately only one is good and the one that's good is so insanely complicated you need a VN style walkthrough for it (which doesn't exist)

arcanum sucks dick so you are probably used to bad games

I've played through BG1 once before (like ten years ago) using the mod. I didn't run all the companions and I didn't include the romances. Though yeah, I think it was alright. It breaks up the monotony, the characters aren't wildly inappropriate or anything like that. Imoen's accent is probably a bit overplayed, but its all fine, because you get to jibe her a lot.

I mean its better than Beamdogs stuff?

Unfortunately not romanceable in in the BG1 mod. She's more like your cute sidekick.

I dunno about that, care to give me any real reasons why?

>zipped through BG1 and the first couple chapters of BG2 to give my half-sister the Bhaalspeen
>missed the mandatory dream bullshit in chapter 2 that I forgot was required to do the romance
>made it out of the underdark, killed Bodhi, looked up what the fuck I did wrong
motivation lost
fuck
I'd have to go back like 10-15 hours

Attached: 1559194486082.png (152x160, 7K)

>anime imoen

can't believe I could be disgusted by a fellow CRPG bro but holy shit, this is just too disgusting

Attached: ugh.png (721x795, 99K)

Too many

Attached: bg2 saerileth mod.jpg (800x600, 91K)

zero

also has anyone ever been able to successfully detect and disarm the fireball trap in this corridor

i have imoen with detect traps at 110% and even that + potion of perception isn't enough

you can just walk around it but jeez durlag

Attached: oy.png (640x480, 301K)

With the new version I don't think you need the dream anymore

full party creation > jrpg sidekicks

YIKES!

whoever they are, they managed to make down syndrom looking jaheira actually sexy

Wait, shouldn't it cap out at like 92? Maybe its a bugged trap?

Send a summon over it.

I detected it but couldn't disarm it.

Attached: unknown.png (640x480, 621K)

then I dunno what I'm missing because I said all the right things but nothing happens when I get out of the underdark
is there a way to console this shit in?

Not that user but if the last version is 3.9 then the dream is still mandatory
t. guy that missed the dream three times and didn't know they existed

Attached: 1562318096680.jpg (1024x984, 44K)

Is this at least good ironically

It's Ryoko Kui, a professional mangaka (she's the artist and author of Dungeon Meshi, probably the biggest manga in the seinen category right now)

Attached: 1557910630687.jpg (2260x1600, 939K)

I LIKE IT!

Should I add the Saerileth mod?

already thought of that, it's not the kind that disarms after triggering it once

Is this good for a first playthrough?

I don't actually know. I never tried Saerileth. I just know it was already infamous when I was playing the game as a kid.

Attached: bg2 saerileth mod second half.jpg (800x600, 172K)

if 100 traps doesn't work then fire resist spell/potion/scroll to facetank it should work. the bodies there tell you it's dangerous

So what mods I need along with the GoG release?

fug
tempt me with some interesting MC classes then, maybe I'll try a restart once I convince my soul to stop crying

Attached: 1502720507417.jpg (550x364, 68K)

definitely, it's nothing that takes from the original game but something that puts it all together in a very well rounded way. There's nothing gained from going "you have to experience vanilla style first" in this case. Go all out with this guide and you'll get the best, most truthful Baldur's Gate saga experience there is

Maybe skip the Swordcoast Stratagem one? It's a difficulty mod, though the reason I'm playing is that I haven't tested it myself so I can't tell how much it changes.

Like, combining the games into one and adding all the NPC stuff is fine, but the encounter modifications might be a much for a first-timer since you won't get the "pure" experience.

Attached: 1561989554900.jpg (579x835, 220K)

>not having Saerileth, Jaheira, Imoen, Viconia and Aerie in your party
>not using Romance cheat to romance them all
>not killing dragons with your harem
LMAO at your life

>actually wanting a happy harem instead of a couple of catty bitches fighting tooth and nail over your dick
vanilla jaheira, aerie, viconia is best while picking the fourth option imoen

Attached: 1555394532244.png (254x243, 22K)

Wild Mage is fun if you want to cry with RNG

If you don't want to do all the shit from rescuing imoen to leaving the underdark then just edit it with EEkeeper (the imoen values), iirc she will ask you to camp at the exit of the underdark after the elves ask you all the shit.
No idea if you are missing something from the Underdark by doing that or if will work at all.

Attached: EEkeeper.png (672x225, 11K)

The level of autism for this mod is off the scale.

When do you rape imoen?
is it after underdark when you sleep in wilderness of the light elves camp?

Personally I'd argue that Thief or Stalker are the canon MC classes, based on the fact that Gorion was overprotective and wouldn't learn you magic, praying to a god doesn't make sense and nobody but useless library guards were around to train you in fighting.

Alright, just wanna make sure, it uses the original games instead of Enhanced Edition or what?

That doesn't work with Saerileth I think, the mod even checks other mods to end the romance

Attached: 1488075015529.jpg (490x272, 41K)

It may be, since most of the images are in the forest
Just remember that only happens in older versions since it was a different writer

Was the older writer better?

Yeah,
The arseholes at beamdog sort of made the originals become hidden on gog. You either torrent the original clients, or you buy Enhanced Edition on gog since it comes with a free version of the original (though there's a trick to getting it in your library. You have to go into browser page for EE in your library and then check the cdkey to get a link to the free copy).

holy shit thanks, I've got a save right before exiting the 'dark so maybe I can still salvage this run. I went jester and was having a blast with it and it'd be a shame to have to drop it.

worst part is I've done a playthrough with the romance mod and it was fine, I just fucking forgot about the dream stuff this time around

Attached: 1540691066021.png (232x200, 15K)

Does Saerileth have voice acting?

FUCK no
as someone who played both, the old one is embarrassingly bad

There is Baldur's gate trilogy mod, there were other mods like that one but I don't remember the names.
>is it any fun to play solo all the way through?
Inventory management will kill you if nothing else. You can try to play with 4 or 5 man party if you don't want to go 6 man for some reason.

clueless shitter from previous threads reporting in
harnessed the power of a dual kensai mage to solo the black pits for bg1, currently working on 2

thanks for helping me to see the dual class light

shsforums.net/topic/54515-why-nobody-should-get-imoen-romance/
Says some stuff about old writer, not sure how much of it is true

The dude that wrote the older one was 15 years old at the time. It's mostly edgy stuff and writen really bad (Also there isn't ToB content).
Also if you want to know the rape ends with Imoen becoming a Slayer and killing you

That's pretty metal

if you're soloing you'll want uncapped xp limit, an infinite or 999 bag of holding, a full set of types of bags like ammo belt, potion case, scroll case. there's a mod for a wand case too.

You're going to be missing a crapload of loot- some of which is very good, and a chunk of exp.
gamebanshee.com/baldursgateii/walkthrough/underdark.php
Cheat if you want to, but don't skip this part.
baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Console

>can't also turn into the Slayer and have 25 STR 25 CON Slayer sex
shit mod, 0/10 would not recommend

I have finished BG1 and BG2 on hard
EE editions
What to play now?
NWN?

baldurs gate dark alliance 1 & 2 on ps2 if you can access them. they don't emulate well unfortunately

I read that whole thing and the girl seems like an insufferable half-a-normie scumbag, and the whole post has that whiff of misplaced goon arrogance to it. Fuck, SA sucks so bad. Half the people she's bitching about sound cooler than she does, particularly the polish guy.

was this writing done by a weeaboo? it screams weeaboo-autism

0 since its my first time. Just got to the Nashkel Mines.

you misunderstand, friend, I have a save right after all the underdark stuff but immediately before getting to the surface. I should be able to just flip the imoen switches right there and then get the scene after the forest. I'll still have to refight Bodhi which is a major pain with SCS but it's far better than the complete restart I was afraid of.

Dark alliance 1 is also available on gamecube, which does emulate very well.
...You're still SoL for DA2, but there's no character transfers afaik.

They're a different beast than PC bg, but still fun. Especially if you can rope a friend into playing coop.

well son you didn't convince me

too bad she got kidnapped and gangbanged by a bunch of prisoners, BG2 is such a shit game and NTR is a shit fetish

>he played the old version
get with the times grandpa

played co op in high school
>have one guy stand next to the save/heal stone to insta resurrect you as you throw your shitty character into waves of enemies over and over

>My introduction to the game was BG1 Enhanced Edition and i found it rather okay
Should i play the old version then? I'm kinda interested now.

Oh my brothers. I want to restore that joyful light to her eyes.

do I need to create a party of 6 to play iwd?

you can use the premade ones but i strongly recommend taking the time to build a party, it will feel much better

No. You can run a smaller party if you want.

you can beat the game with the premade ones

I've been meaning to sit down and do a BG1+2 run again but its hard to find 500 hours of free time it turns out

Attached: 1557767748027.jpg (1080x1200, 123K)

You can get the NPC Mod for it which gives you 5 characters with story and dialogue, with a couple of options for classes for each.

It's actually pretty good compared to some of the BG2's character mod cringe.

just did one and it took like 40

You are okay with both really
The problem with EE is that they made stupid changes in the UI making it look worse than the original one like the spellbook and some other shit like making the light look worse somehow. It shouldn't bother you unless you played the originals
If you are going to keep playing the EE just don't touch Dragonspear and if you play the second one add the mod that removes the EE NPC's.
Also pirate since they are doing nothing with the money.

what the fuck do you want to do for 500 hours
you can beat bg1 in like 4-6 hours

A bit of a gross exaggeration, friend.

They are not that long. It's hard to tell with no total time played counter in game, but I'd guess for first timers BG1 is around 20 hours and BG2 around 40-50 if you do pretty much everything (and another 10-15 for the expansion?).

Explore nigga. It's a whole world of magic and adventure. I want to recapture the old wonder and joy.

I haven't played it, but what's wrong with Siege of Dragonspear? People only say to stay away from it without saying why.

Thank you sir

Nah, EE is the best version if you tolerate or ignore the shitty OC content. It's just the most stable and the loading times are way quicker.

Has anyone played EE coop? I had a fun experience with DivOS2 coop and would like to play BG1+2 with the same buddy. I know they're much more geared towards single player and that's how I originally meant to play them but I figured I should at least give the coop a chance.

I've tried it a few times, but desu I can't stand it. I'm too set in my ways for how I play these games and doing it with another person is actually more annoying than fun.

Can you import your BG2 party to IWD?
just in terms portraits and voices
not in terms of classes

any recommended party in bg1 to do a run with only 2-3 characters in the party?
is it also possible in bg2 or you really need the full potential of 6p?

what he said

I really hope there will be some real character building in BG3, in the original games there's literally nothing but clicking "level up"

it'd be easier to solo than run 2-3

>but what's wrong with Siege of Dragonspear?

I only played it once but I had side quests bugged where i could not complete them.
The main quest starts out dumb and gets really stupid towards the end.
The writers were intersectional feminist sjw marvel drones (this is non debatable) where characters would make ooc sarcastic quips during moments of doom. bg1 npcs had personality 180'd that had written lines that would not come from a fedual like fantasy but modern san fran were everywhere.
if you really like bg combat i dont give a shit about above i would recommend playing it once

Both games have been solo'd. Party is more a style of play than necessarily a requirement.

i'm on my third. didn't finish the first two though. no mods.

Aside of the political agenda it's because almost nothing interesting happens for the plot and it was broken as shit when released.
It's the kind of expansion no one wanted and no one asked for it.

Attached: DSpear.png (807x460, 791K)

I wonder if you'll be able to use custom images for your party members?

Attached: Caves filled with Bear.png (640x480, 434K)

finished it for the first time a few weeks ago. honestly the reveal at the end was top tier cringe. had me laughing.

>Setting has items that sex change you as a prank, also magically so no axewound
>still feels the need to tell literal strangers about it

It's baffling that they thought that this was appropriate

Attached: 1561038934814.jpg (640x639, 99K)

Jaheira is CUTE!!!

duel weapon and two handed weapon styles weren't implimented so don't spend skill points into them. you can still duel wield or use two handed weapon. you just won't get the bonuses from skill points in those respective styles. this is only in bg1 if i remember correctly.

I hope someone answers this time, is it true Aloth is the romance with good ending in PoE?

Where can I get the original BG2? Legally I mean.
All I seem to find is the Enhanced Edition which supposedly is crime against all that is sacred.

on amazon

you can't

>Alora

Who's that?

Attached: Confused Dungeon Adventure.png (314x278, 129K)

Who cares about a dull romance from the sequel to the dullest rpg of all time? Each attempt Obsidian makes to create their own universe rather than simply deconstruct a setting made by others, has been more disastrous than the last. Aside from the outdated gameplay and lifeless cities, Pillars of Eternity's only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of combat mechanics, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Sawyer vetoed the idea of making anything at all innovative or original; he made sure the game would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable nostalgia pandering to ageing Baldur's Gate fans. Pillars of Eternity might be anti-casual(or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Divinity series in its refusal of spontaneity, fun and excitement.

>a-at least the writing was good though

"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the narrative was terrible. As I played, I noticed that every time I engaged in dialogue with an NPC the game presented me with a Wiki-page style infodump instead of anything resembling actual human conversation.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time this was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Sawyer's mind is so governed by obsession with pointless minutiae of the lore that he has no other style of writing.

Later I read a lavish, loving review of Pillars of Eternity by the same David Gaider. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kiddies are playing Obsidian games at 17 or 18, then when they get older they will go on to enjoy Dragon Age II." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "Pillars of Eternity" you are, in fact, trained to shill for Bioware.

Attached: img-pierce-brosnan_165321196698-750x1000.jpg (750x1000, 159K)

See

But why?

see

If you tell him to fuck of from his duties then yes.
He is the only one that doesn't go to a fucking journey alone or cucks you in the ending.
>Happily, his decision allows him to journey alongside the Watcher he has come to love. He does not know what the future holds for them - or, indeed, for the world. Whatever it is, they shall face it as they have faced all their greatest trials: together.

Thief in Baldur's Gate City.
Kind of pointless, considering how late you get her.

I was wondering about that too. Maybe to show that EE sells better than the originals? I heard Beamdog is not making BG3 so they probably failed.

they took them off the gog store but i think if you own the beamdog editions you get a redeemable code that lets you download them. beamdog basically hijacked the store page and take all the money

0, never installed any mods for bg 1 or 2, nwn or icewind dale. Those games are pretty much perfect the way they are.

Dungeon meshis author so good, i love it

Attached: 1559945530493.png (657x527, 45K)

Edwin's wife

post kino tracks
youtube.com/watch?v=EA3AfbFCiDc
youtube.com/watch?v=Yd8BMF8dQpI
youtube.com/watch?v=BMTPMbwwgkw