Drive from point a to point b

>drive from point a to point b
>kill a bunch of bad guys
>rinse and repeat
>100 million sales
>10/10s
When are they going to evolve their shitty outdated game design?

Attached: Rockstar_Games_Logo.svg.png (2000x1840, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cF3GK_sfPVM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why would they? gtav sold +100m and counting

>Drive from point A to B
>On a very specific route
>Car being shot at veers too close to the shoulder
>Mission failed, you left the mission area
youtube.com/watch?v=cF3GK_sfPVM

>walk from point a to b
>kill a bunch of bady guys
>rinse and repeat

OP is a faggot

Attached: doom_box.jpg (350x468, 38K)

>rinse and repeat
that is literally every game ever made.kys and start lurking plebo

>When are they going to evolve their shitty outdated game design?
They already did, it's called GTA Online, it's the most successful game of all time.

>posts completely unrelated game

Brainlet nigger

when it stops selling so well

make this post but in the style of the witcher copypasta.

Never because 90% of their customers don’t actually play the main missions. This is why they’re able to get away with shit like

I want to see a GTA with much less emphasis on story missions, and instead have a lot of side missions

Simple formulas can be fun.

I don't understand why open world games can't have fail states for their missions. It would be really cool if you failed a mission, and the game just went on, and it had consequences for the game world. Imagine if, in a certain part of the game with like 12 missions, you could fail a certain number of them and still proceed to the next segment. Maybe if you failed too many, the game would end with a different ending.

What makes these games great is what goes on between missions. It's an open world with a lot of moving parts. Wacky shit can occur, and players love that chaos. It's hours of fun.

nu-GTA games aren't vidya, they are interactive movies. People only play them for the story and presentation.

You just have to follow the train retard, It's not that hard

Attached: 1558816630378.jpg (225x225, 6K)

never, because its not the main selling point, the best thing about GTA games is that you can kill anyone on the street, that was the main appeal in GTA 1 and thats the main appeal in RDR2, and so it will go into eternity

Locking you out of endings in a long open world game is just poor design. It would force replays, and induce unnecessary frustration, especially among completionists. The game would be received largely negatively by the modern audience.

>People only play them for the story

Attached: 71777517.jpg (432x612, 38K)

I like Rockstar games. They really need to hold back on the aggressive aim assist in their games though.

I genuinely think GTA is a series that is absolutely and 100% successful on brand alone. I just don't understand how someone who's familiar with PS2 era GTA would think 4 and 5 are fun at all.

Attached: SS2182748.jpg (803x1200, 113K)

Back in the day it was about the gameplay, Then people figured out you can open up more of the map by progressing the story, Turns out the story wasn't half bad either, Now it snowballed into this shit.

They need the aim assist because devs who try to fix the actual shooting get fired.

What else is there to do in these games? The maps are very poorly utilised, and modern open world RPGs have much more content and interaction. The controls are very stiff and hampered even further by the retarded animations bogging everything down. There's no sense of progression or anything, it's the exact same gameplay from the start to the end with no changes at all.

it just sucks how nothing seems to have consequences. in 4 they experimented a bit with missions ending in different ways. it was really minor and only affected some stranger missions, but it was something. its like they totally gave up on that though.

GTA needs to become an RPG like it was destined, Look at SA.

>Drive
I love online because I can use a slow ass normal car or a rocket powered bike and destroy some noobs on my way to the mission.

I mean if driving is fun, if shooting is fun, if the story and characters are good, then simple formula doesn't have to imply that the game is bad
hack'n'slashes have simple formula too and they're fun
it should be pretty obvious actually

The game is fun because the mechanics are enjoyable. Gunfights in gta 5 are just fun to do, hence why that's 80% of the missions. Do I need to post the webm of the guy JUST'ing himself with a propane tank after being shot in the leg to prove my point?

How well would a GTA do if it was a RPG? You can have all your stereotypical character types:

White collar criminal:
>Smarter, doesn't gain wanted levels as easily
>average with guns
>shit at melee
>stamina and DT is shit

Common hood nigger:
>Gets a wanted level just for sitting in a spot for too long
>bad with guns
>great with melee
>stamina and DT are high

Could probably come up with many more but it's just a thought.

You mean like GTAO?

Almost every game is like that though. Go from A to B and kill/collect/interact and then go back and get your mission reward or just straight-up finish it once the objective is done. Action games and hack n slashes? Same thing, kill enemies and proceed to the next room to kill more baddies.
Doom and GTA are the same thing in that example, every game is repetitive.

Good luck trying to shoot niggers' heads in third person from across a football field while using sticks.

GTAO is a faux MMO, Fuck multiplayer. Notice how RP servers are becoming more popular than GTAO itself?

it works for GTA because driving around is actually fun. It doesn't work for RDR2, because there is nothing really mechanically fun about riding the horse around. Its slow, easy and boring with basically nothing to avoid. Fast travel is not really something you need in GTA, but in RDR2 it was a total necessity.

The only rockstar games I actually liked out of the ones I played were Smuggler's Run and GTA:CW, and they don't seem interested in making games like those anymore.

You should be able to take up jobs as a semi civilian, Basically SAMP in singelplayer

>more popular
>using using twitch as the metric

One of my biggest complaints about V was how they couldn't even be bothered to add all the vehicles to single player that they put online. Fucking dumb.

They've already achieved peak SOUL

Attached: GTAIV 7_7_2019 10_48_52 AM.jpg (3840x2160, 1.92M)

>WHAT THIS ISN'T LIKE MY UBISOFT GAMES AT ALL

Attached: e31.png (600x624, 342K)

i mean, it's better than Zelda so..

>muh piss filter

>NO!!!! GAMES CAN NEVER BE THAT COLOR!!!

lol

Attached: gat4.jpg (3840x2160, 1.01M)

>but now you have room temperature IQ randos on your team who make you inevitably fail the mission every time
Truly a big change

Ironic you say that, because I see no difference between r* and ubishit games. Just that R* takes 10 years to make a single game, so they have 50 annoying animations for each and every thing to interrupt the gameplay every 30 seconds.

>wake up
>work
>sleep
>rinse and repeat
>6 billion people
>10/10
When are they going to evolve their shitty outdated game design?

just that Ubishit games are boring as fuck with none of the production value too you tasteless pleb

Attached: 65d.png (434x327, 32K)

So the only reason you like cockstar is because their games have bigger budgets, even though they are as boring as ubishit? Peak zoomer right there.

Then SAMP has an average of 50k active players, With 1,000 slot RP servers constantly full, Like FiveM, There's a big demographic for it, I would say almost half of the fan base, In fact I'm confident that's what Leslie is trying to build, An RPG based on life, Be a cop, Criminal, Civilian, etc. Think about it, Less you are an IV fag.

do western games have personal vendetta against colors?

Attached: 1323885626232.jpg (960x2688, 610K)

No I like them better because they use that budget better, keep up.

They don't. They use all that money for gay animations and cinematics.

Where are you that everything is colorful and bright on a cloudy day?

okay lil'zoom whatever makes you happy

Dumbass, you can leave big smoke behind. If you're on the train just shoot them.

Someone who defends garbage like gta v and rdr2 really shouldn't be calling others zoomer

Why change a system that works.

OP is a faggot

Accounting for all of those permutations would require a retarded amount of work for it to be effective or even noticeable to an average player. Dumping all that money and man hours into animation, voice acting and whatnot just wouldn't be feasible if the player has a very small chance of actually seeing that content. I feel you though, you think a company with the resources of Rockstar would put in at least some of that kind of effort seeing as we got fully animated horse shitting in RDR2

>not being a neet
Diliate cuck

rdr2 is a zoomer filter though

because rockstar puts effort into their games

Ubishit is euroshit with the same asscreed game every year.

The horses in RDR1 felt more like cars, which is why the game was actually fun to play

Attached: 015.png (434x327, 37K)

I would rather have them put effort into making interesting missions and making the gameplay fun instead of making C-grade copies of 80s movies, autistic realism and extremely poor controls.

I am glad I pirated gta v. I now know that rockstar's games should be avoided like the plague.

He wants them to become less like ubisoft you stupid fuck. More interesting sidequests and meaningful exploration aside from easter eggs, less focus on minigames and collectibles. I love rdr2 but it would be 10x the game it already is if theydid this

My favorite mission in gtav is where you want to kill a guy so you stake out in front of his favorite hooker, and then when he picks her up you follow them and kill them. It's realistic and just more fun than going Rambo against 100 people

>game start with a half an hour cutscene
>take three steps and another half an hour cutscene
>go back to a five minutes shit gameplay with pseudo stealth
>oh look another half an hour cutscene
When will this hack evolve his shitty outdated MOVIE design?

Attached: images (3).jpg (479x640, 39K)

But it does exactly that?

Attached: shinobido.jpg (1280x720, 141K)

>PLEASE R* GIVE ME ASSPATS AND TELL ME IM A GOOD BOY!

RDR2 is already lousy with side quests bro I don't know what you're complaining about, only unlike Ubisfot you don't get a low sound quality npc soundbyte everytime Arthur finds a new cigarette card.

>rinse and repeat

That is absolutely not the case, in fact there are so many missions where you do stuff that doesn't involve shooting some niggas that I don't like GTA anymore.
Bcuz know what? I buy those games to drive somewhere and shoot people.

What the fuck are you talking about? I dont want headpats or a noise that part is all fine. And youre wrong, they have good sidequests. Like the bounty missions and stranger missions. The problem is these all take a back seat to the main story (of which there are a fuck ton). If they made a game without a main linear mission story system and diverted all that into more sidequests it would be cool. Also, they have neat sidequests in the world that were pretty good: the father and sons building the house, the railroad, and the logging company. But there were only 3 which was a shame

Haven't played that game, but from the YouTube video I'm watching of it, it establishes most of its story and missions through text screens and really rudimentary cutscenes, even for the time it came out. A system like that wouldn't pan out for something with the scale and exposure of a GTA game. Thanks for the rec, by the way, looks like a pretty solid game

rdr2 literally has a three hour adhd filter right at the start, bro.

R* uses its giant budget to hone everything down into a fine-tuned and polished whole. You say gay animations and cinematics, but attentiont to detail is why rockstar is a juggernaut and ubisoft has to shit out games and hope that some of them are decent

>GTA5
>Autistic realism

>Ubisoft games
>interesting missions

Sorry to hear about your retardation. Gta does a lot of good if you're just willing to fuck around. The world is full of shit to see and interesting stories, and the missions are fun more often than not. Its fine if its not your bag, but obviously you're too dumb to have good taste

Shame that they can't make gameplay that isn't garbage while working on all that polish.

still better than ubishit

What exactly makes the gameplay garbage? I thought the driving in 5 was fun as shit, and the gunplay was fine. Not fps competitive shooter shit, but fine for a game about mowing down random npcs with assault rifles

You don't understand nigga.
This game is nuts.
You fail a mission, you get throw straight out to the next day and have to deal with the consequences.
Failing a mission can even be a legitimate tactic to achieve your goals.

That's really not much of a defense.
Honestly garbage is probably hyperbole, it's mostly just passable/ kind of boring feeling for the most part. I understand that it fits for the type of games that they are, but some more depth would be great.

Prove me wrong. Ubisoft games are filled to the brim with tedium and bad writing/production. They're fun enough, but they're not on R's level

Wait, only 3 good sidequests? But you mentioned more than three in your post alone.

Main story is for progression. Sometimes you don't want the whole open world open from the start, at least not as it was meant to be. Unlock more powerful abilities, unlock more powerful weapons, shit like that. And usually the story is entertaining. I'd take RDR2 over BOTW any day. BOTW is just a whole bunch of sidequests, but you can't really make a meaningful game when your main character is a transient hobo with no direction who does people's yardwork because he wandered into the neighborhood

But I agree with your thoughts on ubi. I just don't think that "but ubisoft" is a decent argument.

There is a point to be made about the restrictive nature of C&C in the main story missions that would greatly benefit an open world game like RDR, but that would also guarantee that the narrative would take a hit in some way. Hopefully we can get some sort of Tales from esque SP DLC.

Its only boring if you expect the game to hold your hand. Plenty of opportunities to make your own fun or find it. And more than enough main missions or side missions that some will be kino. Some of the best fun in the game is just going on a rampage and seeing how long you can last, or just holding down the accelerator and seeing how long you can go maximum fast

okay well take that up with the user that was arguing for more ubi style gameplay.

>When are they going to evolve their shitty outdated game design
Why ask a fucking dumb question? I guess when their games stop averaging 25+ million a game and stop heavily outselling these games that are "more fun".