Fighting games

Fighting game thread, all games welcome including Smash. What are you:
>Playing
>Practicing
>Aspirations for the future

Attached: maxresdefault (3).jpg (1280x720, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Uchoj7Z2Cwo
youtube.com/watch?v=Dj1XRs2y0Uo
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MhOFOJjPO7DwrfEbecis_RN_AtfqkrtUZrc0WuoeDfk/pubhtml
youtube.com/watch?v=7zqup-7LPhg
youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=KKXVJM1tqfw
youtube.com/watch?v=_R0hbe8HZj0&list=PLWIbhIYLOq-T7XwgHe2y2hBE8Zr_yeODi
youtube.com/watch?v=oGKGBtxBCLA
youtube.com/watch?v=NHJMp8a4ZaI
youtube.com/watch?v=qhptdnoswRg
steamcharts.com/app/976310
steamcharts.com/app/45760
youtu.be/yWmr9hCdhCw?t=106
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Playing
KoF 02
>Practicing
KoF 02
gittin' gud at KoF 02
sorry if this comes off as a shitpost, I was just attempting to bump a soulful thread

Just started playing SF V after not playing since 2017, not like I played a lot back then or was good
Anyone interested in an EU battle lounge in 20 mins or so?Maybe in the evening if no one appears.

>the FGC are stupid niggers
>the smash community are autistic retards
>mortal kombat fans are gay furry niggers

>playing
Tekken 7 and Melee
>practicing
Mostly just labbing out combos in Tekken and trying to get better at quickly float cancelling aerials in melee.
>aspirations
Winning a local

>Live in a 3rd world country
>not even sure if we have locals, nothing pops up on google
That sucks

>>Playing
Samsho
>>Practicing
Samsho
>>Aspirations for the future
That someday X-men vs streetfighter is re-released

Vocal minorities are still minorities

>playan/ practicing
Soulcalibur 6
>aspirations
The next goal is to get to B rank with Voldo, I got a long ways to go, but it will be fun to see if I can make it, getting up there in ranked, now I'm getting matched againat the top dogs.

Attached: 1562252173920.png (1920x1080, 1009K)

>Playing
HFTF & ASB
>Practicing
HFTF & ASB
To shill HFTF and ASB as fun JoJo fighters and to grow the playerbase for dead games in the hopes of that people realize there is an audience for a new JoJo fighter

Attached: Jojo.gif (500x240, 72K)

Good luck with your noble cause user

Aw shucks man, no one?

Lo siento mi hambre, no tengo SFV

asb is big doo doo user

>playing
turd strike
>practicing
turd strike
>aspirations
knowing what the fuck to do, i can't anti air for beans.

Fox in Smash Ultimate. I take a shower everyday, i promise

>used to buy every single fighting
game up until 2015
>super into them
>stopped playing entirely
I just stopped feeling it. They don't excite me anymore and they don't feel as fun to play either.

Attached: 1553932884731.jpg (960x958, 105K)

>playan and practicing
SSF2T. I really want to understand the fundamentals of fighting games and this seems like the best way. Grinding out lots of lab hours and online with my boy Ryu.
>aspirations
I'd like to get competent at 3rd Strike and Smash Ultimate next, and join a weekly or two

Trying to find my main in sfv, how's sakura?

Attached: 1436571728864.jpg (377x326, 42K)

Thanks to that one song no tengo dinero, I understood what you said user
Not sure what the first part of the sentence means though, google translate turns up with gibberish

> aspirations

get better at vsav so I stop getting cleaned up by literally almost everybody at mikado

Still here, yurobro? I'd be down for a lobby.

Nothing like in SFIV, I can tell you that much. Sakura mains finally have to play Street Fighter.

>lo siento
I'm sorry
>mi
My
>hambre
Hungry (he meant hombre, which means brother)

Why name the thread "fighting games" and then include Smash? That is like creating a thread called "JRPGs" and then saying "including Mario Kart."

Playan: Dragonball Fighterz
Practican: Dragonball Fighterz
Aspirations: I want to play Samurai Shodown when it comes out of PC, it looks super fun.

Yeah, here.I'll set a lobby in a minute then, hope we get more people hopping in too.I dont even remember the most basic shit about characters

What's your team user?

Lel, I meant this but my spanish is rusty as fuck

Platform fighters are like the autistic brothers of fightan games user, cut them some slack.

Aight, I have half an hour. Tell me how to find you.

And don't be intimidated by the rank, I'm a bit out of the loop as well.

>Playing
Tekken 7 and fighterz
>Practicing
Tekken 7
local tourney coming up this month. I'm hoping to hang with the best of them.

>Smash
>G&W
>Getting good, especially for this local in August

DBFZ Casual matches. Taking it easy.

> playing
SFV
>aspirations
Trying to hit Super Platinum, 10000 LP would be a nice milestone to hit.

>including Smash.
shit thread.

I'll be practicing a bunch of Crosstag and Rev 2 this evening with a buddy in preparation for Defend the North later this month.

"hombre" means "man"

K'
Angel
whichever KoF female I feel like fapping to

>gittin' gud at KoF 02
>Angel
bruh...
Good luck though

>Playing
>Practicing
Going through my general vidya backlog so not a lot. Mostly just popping in UMvC3 or DBFZ to lab out some team synergy stuff.
I want to play SamSho but I honestly didn't think the game had enough content to warrant $60 when there's other stuff I want to play this year. I DO want it eventually though. The Season Pass is fine but has nobody that would've changed my mind. I am mildly interested in seeing how Granblue is. I've heard very good things about the pacing and the system balance.

I wish there were locals around my campus for games other than Smash (I'll go and play Ultimate with friends, but a local for basically anything else would be nice). At least I've got one friend willing to run sets with me in almost anything.

Attached: 1533643515605.jpg (1000x609, 124K)

spic

Jew

Based

Bandwagonner

SFV EU lobby up anons, get in
Comment: Begginers welcome!
Password: 4213
Name ThatRedPyro

>>Playing
Under Night
>>Practicing
Chaos and Mika
Being good enough to make fights against me fun and win locals

Attached: Chaos Code Mika.jpg (650x918, 312K)

right wing tranny degenerate
desperate cuck
Tranny

It's not laggy, is it?

Stick with it user, those FUNdamentals in ST will be useful in other fightan games.

Nah,it's ok no lag here

>Playing
DBFZ
>Practicing
Learning Basegeta (blockstrings, loops)
Get good at heavy neutral fightan, have my eyes on GranBlue Versus, hopefully its good.

Attached: 1515208655961.png (1280x720, 807K)

>Fighting a guile player with immaculate twitch reactions
>Every poke gets Flash kicked
>Just let it happen
>When it comes time to win I throw a light
>Flash kick whiffs
>Optimized combo
Is there a better feeling?

Playing sf4 and samsho
Practicing dbfz and unist
I want to build the confidence to play offline casuals with randoms instead of only sticking to bracket. I miss out on so many offline games because I always feel like I'd be interrupting groups of friends and annoying the entire venue trying to play. Even when I find an empty setup I haven't had anyone approach me to challenge. Do I need assertiveness or a better scene to visit?
At least online is easy to get into

>Playing

Barely anything. Had to quit for a while because of anger issues. Gonna see a psych about them.

>Practicing

Picked up Nash VT2 in SFV. I suck anyway but it's fun to play around with.

>aspirations for future

Learning how to take a loss

Attached: 1500137400695.gif (326x250, 626K)

>most everything
>fundamentals
>to one day make it out of any game’s “silver” league

3 years in and still no luck.

post some fucking themes
youtube.com/watch?v=Uchoj7Z2Cwo

>>Playing
Tekken 7 and Kof 98 and SSF2T on fightcade
>>Practicing
Tekken 7
Beat the manchildren at my local tournament

>minorities

>Playing
SamSho, I like how such a simple game has a lot of mechanics and pretty wild moves.

>Practicing
Charlotte mostly, trying to get nakoruru to work better but that character is a struggle. Only really playing her cause I want to prepare for Rimururu

Want to get more into UNIst, EVO might give it enough of a bump to be an active enough game. Hoping Granblue will good, but I think the game would benefit from some more mechanics and less reliance on autocombos

Attached: 1556788631070.jpg (3017x2894, 387K)

smash isn't a fighting game
>>Playing
not much right now, hoping to get back into Tekken 7
>>Practicing
Tekken 7 again
hoping to get good at Melty Blood but the lack of a playerbase is really off-putting
but the game is super fun

Nako and Rimu don't play the same at all though.

They're small characters, which move a bit faster, lower damage and have smaller normals. It gives me a feel for that kind of character, Rimu just has a much cooler move set

Attached: 1557320892927.jpg (2048x2048, 370K)

>but I think the game would benefit from some more mechanics
They wanted to make a simpler fighting game than usual and they still put a bunch of extra mechanics in there like all the "new player experience" shit
>and less reliance on autocombos
Literal non-issue, fighting games are not about combos.

>play samsho v special
>get my shit pushed in by the first bot fight
>mfw

Attached: 1511529738186.jpg (274x184, 10K)

Whoops meant to type hermano

Playing and Practising Tekken with me boy King. Doing swell.

As for my aspirations:
I’d like to try SamSho but I’m concerned it’s playerbase will be dead soon and I’ve lost faith in SF5.

Attached: 71C971E1-C8D3-49C6-A95C-EFF70C50431C.jpg (750x1000, 84K)

>I’d like to try SamSho but I’m concerned it’s playerbase will be dead soon
Have you ever pondered what would happen if everyone who thought like this actually started playing the games they claim they'd like to play?

>gonna lab it out!!!
>hours of training bro!!!!!!
>dude combos!!!! Frame links lol find that perfect frame data xD
>dude tiers....LOL!!!
>EVO! CEO! Damn...!!

I've only ever played USF4 and Smash Ultimate. I wasn't very good at USF4, I could only win with Claw online and only up to C+. I couldn't do any combos or anything but most people didn't know how to fight him. Sometimes I even got matched with people from A rank and won. In Smash Ultimate I understand what's going on a lot easier and understand predicting and punishing, and have some low tiers in elite which I'm pretty happy about, but I still can't do any combos. I think with the mindgame fundementals I've learned in Ultimate I could go back to Street Fighter and do much better.

They're the same people who vote for someone they think will win instead of someone they agree with

>Playing
SFV, UNIST
>Practicing
Learning Necalli in Jive and trying to figure out who to learn in UNIST. As much as I like Hilda her combos look awful with a bunch of microdash command normals and negative edge specials.
Waiting on PC SamSho release. Also am interested in going to locals for any game at some point once I get a little better just to see what it's like.

Attached: 1512992703916.jpg (800x1012, 322K)

>SFV
>Cody
>I'd like to go back to FighterZ but the game is almost dead. I'd love to find a community around my area of whatever 2D fighter.

Attached: 1561328147713.png (454x519, 15K)

>They wanted to make a simpler fighting game
Sure but you can do that without being barebones. A lot of the mechanics seem a bit pointless, flawless block only earns you extra meter when the game already shits out meter. And that meter only having one use means it is basically a free end of round super that you are guaranteed to have just from walking forward.

>fighting games are not about combos.
They are still an integral part of this game, you don't pass up on the damage and will do better when you maximise it. Doing the same autocombo wall bounce thing with everyone made stuff samey, especially as that isn't the smallest combo ever. I'd prefer no combos over that cause then it isn't a focus. I'd even be for smaller combos if they was just more variety

>tfw retard who bought a fightstick for the Nintendo Switch

youtube.com/watch?v=Dj1XRs2y0Uo

Attached: 1469746660101.gif (320x265, 2.02M)

It was fun, sfvbro
I gotta study hard though, as it seems

Thanks for the matches, man.

If I may give you one piece of advice: go in harder. There's no need to back off constantly. Especially when playing a character like Bison who can push buttons all day.

That was mostly because not knowing what to press, havent used him much beforehand and I swear charge moves need more charging now or it's because I haven't been playing for a while and need to accustom myself again
Hope we get to fight again

>playan
ggxrd rev2
>practisan
third strike
>aspirations
I'm moving to a new area in September, hoping to join the scene and put my TO skills to good use as I have in my current region. Just bought a bunch of fighters on steam as well thanks to the sale, so I'm hoping to verse myself in a variety of titles.

Attached: chillspook.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Anyone in EU up for some 3rd strike on fightcade?

Post your Steam haul my man.

>Playing
SFV and SamSho are my primary games. SC6 is fun to just hop in and play for a bit, though.
>PRACTICING
I've been playing SFV since launch, so I really don't need to practice in there anymore. Been messing around with Ukyo's fire sword move and all the weird ways you can throw it out.
Game is ridiculously fun, despite the seeming lack of depth. I feel like I can go into training mode and know how to play a character in twenty minutes, which is fine, because all the depth comes from reads and mindgames instead of execution.
>Aspirations
I want a new Capcom fighting game that's badass. I love SFV, but I just want to see them please everyone.
If you mean personal aspirations, I went to my first local last year (none of my IRL friends play fighting games, so it was the first time associating with people who played these games in general), and it was insanely fun. Ended up going 2-2, though. Lost my first game, won two in loser's bracket, and lost again. No real goal - I just wanna go back for the fun of it. I just haven't had the chance, since the locals are typically on Monday evenings, which is a sucky time and I'm usually working.

Attached: 1562250883040.png (1400x1120, 1.43M)

How do you guys find your locals?

I found mine through Facebook

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MhOFOJjPO7DwrfEbecis_RN_AtfqkrtUZrc0WuoeDfk/pubhtml
Look for your local city / region in this list. Cheers!

Are the PC ports of Killer Instinct and Skullgirls good? Do they still have active playerbases?

>Playing
SFV, Tekken 7 and Dbfz

>PRACTICING
I got Tekken in a recent PS sale and I've been having fun but the amount of combos is insane. Online tutorials aren't really helpful either since it's 10 minutes of random combos without any explanation of why you should use one over the other or situations for them.

>Aspirations
I'm missing the platinum in tekken and dbfz, the 20M moneys in dbfz is insane. I have over 90h and I don't even have the 5M one yet.

Attached: Trish.png (384x623, 556K)

They're good yeah. Dunno about Skullgirls but KI still has players, having crossplay outside of ranked helps a lot.

Thanks for the link user
>only 1 fgc for the whole country
>it's not based in my city
Well, that sucks.At least I can ask them about my city I guess.

Create a local.

You can always try to create your own. If you go to college, try and set up a gaming club, or something like that.
Be the change you want to be.

Attached: 1562468811941.png (300x300, 42K)

>Playing
SamSho and UNIST
>Practicing
UNIST since SamSho is pretty easy to handle other than doing the SSM input on pad
To stop being a netplay warrior and go to a local/major

Be the change you want to *see

what country are you in, we might be able to play on fc

>Playing
MvC3
>Practicing
trying to absorb the very basics, i just started last night
actually find and win exactly one (1) online ranked match

what team are you playing?

It it's Enja you should have no shame because he does perfect inputs every time

Who's your team, user? I love talking Marvel 3 synergy.

Attached: MvC3 6.jpg (848x1200, 288K)

i started with meme teams (all resi, all top tier, all mega man) now i’m rotating my favorites to learn moves and combos.
currently exploring morrigan, tron and doom

Shit anons, dunno where to start but might try something
The problem is it's not exactly a rich country so I doubt it'll be easy to find players for games you want in the first place

why does he do perfect inputs

the real pain is when your favorite character is top tier and people call you a tier whore.
Being a Vergil main is suffering.

see , but who should i be playing?

Shinkiro's style is so strange. It's like he's using a template or tracing the faces, even though I know he's not.

Enja has a sequence of moves that requires perfect execution to do like 60% of damage, AI pulls it every time
youtube.com/watch?v=7zqup-7LPhg

>San Diego FGC disbanded 4 years ago
>tank top fridays is an ireegular event held at some guy's filthy house and had to be cancelled because the walls were filled with bees
San Diego has no fgc I guess

Objectively worse than all the other shotos except for ka-gay.
Worse fireball, laughable divekick v-skill, stubby normals, no closing-in options...
The only thing she has going for her is her robbery v-trigger II. Play Akuma instead.

Morridoom is one of the best shells in the game if you know what you're doing (aka learn your Soul Fist Fly/Unfly patterns and when to call Doom Missiles) so you've already got a strong start.

Tron is actually pretty good if your teammates can help her out. Try learning combos that time Doom Missiles to OTG or juggle during the startup of Beacon Bomb to get them trapped into some real shit. Watch Abegen's Tron gameplay and combos to figure stuff out, he was easily the best Tron in the game's history. My first thought is to combo into Lunch Time, immediately DHC into Astral Projection and do whatever high-damage stationary attack string comes to mind as Morrigan (to take Abegen's Tron/Thor tech), or just let the Lunch Time run its course as you backdash and start setting up your Soul Fist patterns.

He wants to draw George Clooney over and over so bad but he knows he can't. I think Marvel 3 is his best art because he had to draw so many weirdos, aliens, robots, etc. to force him out of his comfort zone. Pic related is my favorite piece of his, period.

Attached: UMvC3 4.jpg (2692x3807, 2.51M)

I mean I really doubt I'll be at the EVO mainstage user, I meant as in how she generally plays and such

She's a weird shoto and you can use that to your advantage. Also I don't know if I'm just bad at timing the punish but her tatsu feels way safer than ryu's.

Why, yes, I do main G in Street Fighter V
youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=KKXVJM1tqfw

Attached: images (4).jpg (554x554, 29K)

Meleechad here, makes answering ez. Melee criers need not reply
>Playan
Ssbm (friend got me into a little sc6 but I dont find it as enjoyable)
>Practicin
I'm currently a big fish in a little pond, so I'm trying to push my young link against falco/marth/sheik. I think YL is pretty underrated, everyone knows he's good against floaties but I think he can combo spacies pretty good as well
>aspirations
Go full YL at the next local (on the 22nd). Maybe switch out and go Luigi against fox since he's my worst YL matchup and I want the cash

Attached: downloadfile.jpg (720x444, 44K)

SFV has the best overall lineup of newcomers of any game in the series since 2. The only real stinker is Necalli and that's in part because of his complete story irrelevance. I just love watching Abigail and G in general, and they're both a lot of fun despite SFV not really interesting me as a whole.

All her tatsus are slightly unsafe on block. Punish with a 3 or 4-frame move. You'll either punish her or trade. She's +2 (I think) on hit though.

Unless you plan to stay forever a bronze shitter, these things will have an impact on your enjoyment. I mained her until reaching gold, and it always felt like I had limited options and like she had very little variation of play styles.
I would only recommend Sakura to a beginner learning his first fighting game, since her combos, buffers and frame traps are easy to execute.

thanks tronanon i’m taking this and running with it

Oh, I play big bodies, but Tron isn't one of my characters. I've spent most of my time with Hulk, Nemesis, Dormammu, Sentinel, etc. Hulk/Dorm/Sent is my first true main team despite having middling synergy (they just both like Sent drones), but I like running the more synergistic Nemesis/Wesker/Hawkeye and Nova/Haggar/Akuma, as well as experimenting with Hulk/Nemesis shell.

Attached: UMvC3 1.jpg (849x1200, 218K)

>>Playing
KOF02, sfa2
>>Practicing
KOF02 max mode bc combos (yuri raioken loops, iori dp/hcb loops) and paint the fence/shoshosho in cvs2
learn +R and learn angel and may lee in 02, maybe play uni

Attached: __yuri_sakazaki_the_king_of_fighters_and_etc_drawn_by_k_c__25a719469c679dac1e5fc4f1b9b2af46[1].jpg (1823x1448, 1.14M)

Yeah that makes sense, I usually learn frame data through trial and error and I didn't encounter enough Sakuras.

Well that was a bit disheartening

I wouldn't worry too much, every character is perfectly viable until the super high ranks.

>samsho pc release is still not close
Fuck this

Well I'm getting mixed signals here

Where do I even start to learn about the terminologies, when to attack/guard right and their window, frames, etc? And what order should I start?

I am talking in general it doesnt matter 2d or 3d because i have Fighterz, SC6, SF5, Skullgirls, some older fighters like SS5, Last Blade 2, VF, Tekken, etc. Since i never had someone to play against locally, or cared about online was always a casual

I wanted that, but fuck, 70 for that edition with season 1? Nah. Will wait for a sale

Different anons, you can bring her to gold easily.
Don't worry too much, top tier is always the character that you like and enjoy playing.

Attached: R25MZsC6M8E4fJSfkKiOzMzmPTGY-2ylnRSh5KXetpw.jpg (614x767, 167K)

Skullgirls, GG, KI and MK11 have very good tutorials that explain the stuff a beginner needs to know

>70 for that edition with season 1
The season pass was free to everyone, you didn't even need the game

It's closer to having a JRPG thread and including Dark Souls.

>Where do I even start to learn about the terminologies, when to attack/guard right and their window, frames, etc? And what order should I start?

watch every analysis video of this channel youtube.com/watch?v=_R0hbe8HZj0&list=PLWIbhIYLOq-T7XwgHe2y2hBE8Zr_yeODi

>recommending coreagaming

literally retarded contrived rebbit shit for pseuds

Attached: spongebob.gif (498x344, 661K)

>Playing
KoF XIV (and XIII/02um on occasion), New Samsho and Samsho V sp.
>Practicing
Setups in new Samsho. No execution practice.
To have fun.

Attached: CrPtO3pVIAApyYG.jpg large.jpg (1000x1099, 86K)

I need to waste some time with Skullgirls then.
>season pass free
Meh, missed the boat. base game is like 50 or 60, a couple more months and will be on its 40s.

>content warning
>confirm age
Kek. I will look later

Anyone down for opening a room in anything on PC?

No skullgirls and no arcana heart.

Attached: 00 VF3.gif (477x293, 1.68M)

The dancing nigga version is better.

Which region?

Seconding this question regarding Skullgirls.

USA East

That user was asking for basic stuff like whiff punish and meaty attacks. Do you have anything better to offer or just smug spongebob pics?

Sorry then user,hope you find someone.Eu here

>Playing
Corrin and Rosalina in Ultimate
>Practicing
Good neutral. I've had no concept of it whatsoever and would just instantly rush to the next attack or give up stage control for something that would never work. Now that my goal is to attack where the enemy wants to go or defend from what the enemy wants to do rather than just bumrushing them I'm doing way better than I used to. It's really basic but an easy thing to fuck up.
Just have fun lmao don't even worry about winning haha it's just a game (: (: (:
I really don't want to get into any competitive vidya on the level of it being a hobby. I'll have a lot more fun drawing and writing than being tourney fodder.

Attached: 1561838501359.png (300x300, 61K)

There's always the normal pool of players. Last Yea Forums KoF14 room though was a lot of fun.

He's a popular yyoutuber, gotta hate him because of my autism.

>Playing
SamSho, MK11 currently

>Practicing
Mostly SamSho. trying to get better at reacting to run up throw, parrying, anti-airing, dealing with rage explosion, and working on my punish game. Yashamaru is dope, might try to pick up Tam Tam soon.

MK11 getting patched on Steam so that it's actually playable.

Sakura is fine, just play who you want. You won't have fun picking a character just to win if you start losing. Gold is absolutely not when character limitations and tiers start to matter.

Attached: 201952418554389_1.jpg (1200x630, 135K)

the infographic with the cats, someone probably has it

>>Playing
CvS2 & KOFXIV

>>Practicing
KGroove Sagat/Morrigan/Mai

Git gud enough at both to not get consistently bodied on netplay

>tfw no IRL friends who wanna play regularly

Learning Yashamaru myself. I feel like with how much more important rage is to him he should have been able to build rage with successful hits. As he is now you essentially have to willingly take damage to make him reach his real potential.

Attached: 74622276_p0.jpg (900x1200, 279K)

>MK11 getting patched on Steam
It is out of sync again?

>CvS2
>netplay
What? People play CvS2 online?

they have a discord where they netplay the version without RCs on dolphin, I tried it and it sucked ass because of delay netcode and characters got changed a little bit too

kek

>17-win streak, huh? This guy is ether really good or a plug puller!

Attached: 20190707152742_1.jpg (1920x1080, 494K)

always the fucking same

The xbox version had online. Think I was up to 11k matches before my discs mysteriously stopped working.

>Putting Master Raven in a pantsuit
>"Nothing Personal"
>Exposing ragequitters
10/10 post.

Should I buy the season 3 pass for sfv AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>playing SFV at all

Attached: 1444533680764.jpg (720x405, 26K)

Yeah, I like his silent transformation though. He goes from a fairly straightforward character to an absolute monster of a mixup character with lots of raw damage from his special attacks.
Also:
Parry > weapon flipping technique > running forward > jump forward > Air dash
can win rounds depending on where you are on the stage so there's that as well. Great game, SNK!

I honestly haven't checked in a while, every patch they put up has made it somehow worse for me. I'm hoping it's fixed by the Nightwolf patch

Why do you hate sfv still, user

youtube.com/watch?v=oGKGBtxBCLA
youtube.com/watch?v=NHJMp8a4ZaI
youtube.com/watch?v=qhptdnoswRg

>every patch they put up has made it somehow worse for me.
Do you mean the game in general or the port? I got the impression NRS fans were liking it, but I can never really seem to get into their games

>we will never get fighting games about fast walk speed, quick jump arcs, intuitive movement (instead of tekken autism), high pushback, no comeback mechanics, short high damage combos, poke-based playstyle, counter hits that don't reward you with a massive juggle
>instead every FG now is getting in someone's face and doing safe mixups or blockstrings and taking turns rather than space control and poking

And no, granpoo versus doesn't count. Fighting games as a genre is fucking dead. It's all about autistic shit like tekken or anime games now with horrible walk-speed and the need for some kind of autism movement tech and 3 billion hours of lab time to even move around and try to deal with people's autism.

How is this shit fun? I feel like you need to be a diagnosed autist to enjoy modern fighting games. In old school games you used to be able to pick them up with fundamentals and poke people and do basic space control and shit. Now you have to be a sperg and know a textbook of autism to even move around or deal with characters' pressure instead of just throwing out a dp so they're forced to respect you.

Even after all that autism the neutral still devolves into getting in someone's face to start a guessing game. Memorization isn't skill like older fighting games actually required. It's beyond me how anyone can enjoy this shit genre anymore.

Attached: fighting games.png (1199x675, 1.41M)

I went to my first tournament recently, you just gotta ask "Hey you got room for one more?" and accept it if they say no. You dont really need assertiveness, just the guts to ask knowing you might get rejected.

>Playing
SF3S, VSav, Last Blade 2, and Melty
>Practicing
Using a Stick for the first time. It's pretty fun, but right now I'm still at the "I can't fucking do motions towards the left" stage of ass suckage.
To git gud. I wanna start playing UNIST again, too. That's my current fighter of choice.

Play Samurai Shodown.

I love Leo!

Attached: leo-kliesen-tekken-mobile-alt-tekken7-costume.jpg (900x1000, 138K)

He had to include horrible walk speed so that his autism could allow him to deny playing Samsho.

I hate the lack of defensive options and how bad the ones it has are. The normals are still very stubby and don't feel satisfying to use. The game still has heavy pressure despite it being very straight forward, if I'm going to deal with strong pressure it might as well be from a game where characters are doing really cool crazy stuff. I've just never liked how combos feel in the game, it is like they want you to input stuff sloppily and lazily. I guess my overall issue is nothing about it feels satisfying or interesting to use. It is all so constrained and planned out. The game is meant to be about these huge scrambles where you take huge risks to bring the round back. That just doesn't appeal to me, you have to always be taking big risks instead of levels of risk vs reward.

Can someone explain me why ggpo had not become the standart ?
the shit is like a fucking miracle
play street figther 2 fag or samsho

There's running in SamSho though, if he wants to play like a crackhead bouncing between two walls he can just play Hanzo and spam running C

Attached: 1560015342942.jpg (720x817, 58K)

Why are horrible walkspeeds ok in Samsho?

Every fighting game after both Bushido Blades was meh.

I think running is too complicated for him.

There are other simple movement options. I don't like the walkspeed, but it's not like it takes hours of practice to quickly get from one side of the screen to the other.

Running doesn't replace walk speeds in relation to footsies.

You sure?

i want to get into tekken but all the characters i like for the gameplay are males

laundry list of reasons but it's just not fun. Way too constricting and close-ended.

only interested in SSBU right now. I really want to get good and play in tournaments but honestly out of distaste for the community I also don't want to. It really disappoints me that already, this early into the game's potential lifespan, people are already trying to limit the number of tournament legal stages to 5 (out of 103) for the most stupid fucking reasons and they want to have strict rules against stalling and camping. the early melee community had an attitude towards everything that you either adapt or quit and the only exceptions were things that centralised the whole game around one character/strategy. the current smash bros community as a whole seems to have forgotten

t. never played VF4/5

go away, neophyte.

Welcome to my world, asshole. I like big bodies and grapplers so my main is never a girl. Even female grapplers are usually weird hybrids that are more general mixup/reset characters or "haha we made the grappler a little girl" shit, no female big bodies except maybe She-Hulk and that amazon in Punch Planet.

Attached: MaximaWinXIII.png (680x652, 288K)

>know for a fact we have locals
>nobody to go with
>the only person I know who goes is an old (((friend))) who would do everything to sabotage me
Fuck

You identify as a female?

Go, be polite, just run your sets, ignore that guy. Unless he's running the tournament and bans you outright I don't think you're going to have a problem outside of just sandbagging anything he might do to try and make you look bad.

These are anons are right in that you should play whichever character you want. I was just trying to warn you about her deficiencies that might affect your enjoyment of the game. I love Sakura, but I changed to G because he allows me to do crazy shit and simply have fun (something I wasn't having with her). Try other characters besides Sakura, you might end up enjoying the game a lot more with one of them. Maybe you will have more fun with Abigail's stupid grin and fuckhuge normals or Ibuki's mix-up shenanigans. You'll never know it if you never try it.

no but i want to play virtual dressup with my characters and i want them to be cute girls

so i guess i do?

Running won't replace responsive and fast back and forth movement.

I'll play you in something as long as it's not SFV. What game you want?

Just reinstalled SFV today and am climbing ranked as Cammy. Isnt it funny when you spend so long failing at something then you pick it up later casually and succeed? Hard to get in the right headspace sometimes

Why don't fighting games punish rage quitters more? Honestly ruins the whole experience. At the very least they should sub in a CPU the instant a player disconnects so you can finish your damn combo and also give you points if you're playing ranked.

I'm so scared they will censor cammy in a future SFVI.

Chun will never not be Chun and that's all that matters. Her most iconic outfits (2 & Alpha) are pretty modest, all things considered, and she's had a consistent core design since World Warrior besides the Alpha jumpsuit.

I don't want to play SFV but it's the only 2d fighting game on PC with a comfortably big enough player base. I still get games in DBFZ, Skullgirls and even GG:Rev, but you have to do it at the right hours and sometimes you may be stuck with nobody. SFV is the only game I can boot up whenever and get a match in 2 minutes. Fucking crossplay needs to be standard for fighting games.

I have never encountered any controversy over V that wasn't gameplay related. No one has ever complained about it in any of the normie liberal areas of the internet I frequent. These jap companies are bowing to a problem that doesn't exist.

What else can they do? They deduct points, award points to you, ban players, make it clear and account is a rage quitter and some games even match them up together. It doesn't ever stop them, rage quitters do it cause they are angry and they can. They do not care that points will be lost and they can't play any more.

> At the very least they should sub in a CPU
People playing online don't want to play vs a CPU. You'd just get annoyed having to finish your match against a dummy instead of getting back to grinding.

The Power Rangers game has crossplay on everything but PS4, although I don't know if it's on PC yet.

Attached: 1552555411884.jpg (535x327, 24K)

Play MK then
steamcharts.com/app/976310

SFV isn't even getting that many players these days, it is getting pathetic numbers even on free weeks and I can't imagine the PS4 side is doing incredible either.

>>Playing
Unist and HFTF
>>Practicing
Mainly Akatsuki combos, might pick up a Hyde secondary
>>Aspirations
Stop being such a shitter

I really wish Akatsuki Blitzkampf and HFTH were at Animevo, I don't want to only play Unist but I don't think I can learn a new game before Evo just to play in a side tourney

>People playing online don't want to play vs a CPU
Obviously, that's why they're online.

>You'd just get annoyed having to finish your match against a dummy instead of getting back to grinding.
I don't know about you, but being in the zone pulling off the perfect read/combo and then having the game screech to a halt on a disconnect screen is infinitely more annoying than having to finish off low health CPU. As a compromise I wouldn't mind them giving you the option to quit the match with no penalty if you get a CPU sub in though. I guess in the cases where a dude ragequits on you 2 seconds into the match.

iirc steamcharts no longer worked half as accurately because steam hid stuff by default

I'm not a big fan of NRS fighters.

steamcharts.com/app/45760
Huh, there's way more people playing USF4 than I expected.

Yeah I'm waiting for that one as well. It may be jank but I'm a big PR nerd and it looks fun to lab out at least. I'm upset there's been no news on the PC release at all though.

>I really wish Akatsuki Blitzkampf and HFTH were at Animevo

I thought ABK used to be?

It was last year but I guess nobody wanted to run it this year

Don't think steamcharts were hurt by that, I never saw a sudden dip in all games.

>I'm not a big fan of NRS fighters.
Not gonna lie, this sounds like the start of "I hate SFV but have a checklist of excuses to keep playing it"

>Playing
DBFZ and SamSho V Special

>Practicing
Finally checking out Melty Blood, it seems to be very interesting

Trying to learn many multiple fighting games so I can play some games with my new local scene I found.
I hope I can finally play Guilty Gear one day

Attached: __sol_badguy_guilty_gear_drawn_by_ishiwatari_daisuke__sample-88626bf020929be1d319d716f48f7bee.jpg (850x1220, 410K)

MK has a fucking block button.

Mate there are way better tutorial videos than that over analysed video. Even Thongboy Bebop's old 3S tutorial video is way more informative for learning basic and intermediate stuff and Sirlin's old ST tutorial videos are better.

Being condescending isn't going to make me play your game, user. I actually put a decent amount of hours into Injustice 2 but the combat didn't really feel that great to me, I only played it because I'm a big DC comics nerd. MK games using a block button also doesn't sound appealing to me.

Attached: iu[1].jpg (630x630, 11K)

imagine thinking smash is a fighting game unironically

>Being condescending isn't going to make me play your game
It is just an accurate portrayal of what you are doing. You apparently don't want to play SFV, yet will keep playing it and making up reason why you won't play other games. You really don't want to play, but a block button is worse than all of that. Just man up and admit you actually like SFV or dedication to the brand means more to you.

i used to play gg but i dont anymore
>aspirations
code vein hyep

Attached: 1545751614685.jpg (800x1120, 81K)

He was a newcomer I though that something light and fun might make everything more palatable. It's not supposed to be a tutorial it was just something enjoyable to watch and consume so he can get used to fg terminology.

>playing
MvC1
>practicing
MvC1
>aspirations for the future
>wrecking everyone as Roll on fightcade

>Playing
>Practicing
Tekken 7 full time, SamSho when it comes out on pc, would learn GG/KI if they had players, dropped DBFZ months ago
Compete, but realistically only local/scene is 8h+ away and to get good in tekken you need to dedicate your whole life and no offline play is demotivating, plus you look at FG players irl and 95% of them are awful looking

Attached: 1558989217287.jpg (635x960, 139K)

Please dont lewd May, she's supposed to be cute and friendly
Dont make me see my daughterfu as a sexy lady

Chun is also busty with massive thighs, I agree her outfit is sacred.
I have seen them, it's the same people that constantly ask for a costume with pants and don't get me wrong if the argument was more diverse outfits I'd agree but they always argue that it makes them feel "embarrassed" if someone sees them playing cammy with her usual leotard.
Her design in SFV is absolutely perfect and these faggots can't appreciate or understand her design. Maybe they'll try to remove her glutes from showing too much, I hope they don't touch her one bit.

Attached: cammy.jpg (195x258, 12K)

I think you're projecting some kind of insecurity here. Like, the reason people don't play the games you like isn't because the games don't appeal to them or because they're bad, but because they have "brand loyalty" to another game. I'd prefer not playing MK11 or SFV, but given the choice I'd pick SFV. What's wrong with that? Also, I do play other games. I mentioned DBFZ, Skullgirls and GG:Rev in my first post.

She's like 45, user

And slayer looks younger than my dad, your point?

I get your intention and you mean well but there is sometimes such a thing as too much information or in some cases to use a metaphor "too much sizzle and not enough steak." Like it takes 2 minutes in that video to even start explaining fundamentals of the game and also includes footage of things that aren't fighting games and switches constantly between several activities or other games at the same time. If someones a beginner they should have the least amount of distracting elements when an explanation and/or demonstration is given.

How do I learn to play fighting games? I have 200 hours of me smacking thicc basic combos and constantly jumping between rookie and bronze in SFV

Attached: 1562339781728.jpg (400x400, 29K)

>projecting
I've just seen your type a million times before and am tired of the whining. If you are going to stick with a game you dislike so much at least don't make us suffer along with you.

> the games you like
When did I say I liked MK? I'm just saying you were wrong about playerbases and should expand your horizons. Instead of making up rules about what you won't play before even trying. There isn't even a rule saying you have to play fighting games, not playing is better than playing a game you dislike. Unless, you don't actually dislike SFV all that much.

>I'd prefer not playing MK11 or SFV
Yet you continue to play SFV. You totally like playing these other games, could even join a community to get matches more regularly but nah got to devote your limited free time to the game you dislike playing.

Attached: 1541621530641.png (500x522, 135K)

step 1: crouch block everything
step 2: anti air them when they jump in on you out of frustration

Congratulations you are now silver

Play with your friends or other anons so you can practice with other people
You can tell each other your mistakes etc
Lobbies pop up from time to time, there was one in this thread a few hours ago as well

>Playing
UNIST
>Practicing
Byakuya, got some of the bnbs down but still need work on its consistency.
>Aspirations
Just hoping I can start joining in on the UNIST threads eventually
Also want to believe that Granblue's going to be good and that it gets a PC port because I don't want to buy a PS4 this late.

Learn your anti air button and use it
Learn a basic meaty set up, not just unga bunga sweep.

Record a match and watch yourself play like a scrub and learn from your mistakes.

Learn fundamentals, stop practicing dumb combos like an ape

>I've just seen your type a million times before
Honestly I think you're just assuming a lot of things about me that just aren't true, either because of some chip on your shoulder or because you're just itching for some kind of argument on a mongolian basket weaving forum. You brought up MK11 as another 2d fighting game with a playerbase, I told you I wasn't into NRS games and you went nuclear on me for no reason. I don't even play SFV that often, I just mentioned it being as the game I go to when everything else is a bust. I'm just having a lot of trouble understanding your reaction here.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. I'll keep playing what I play and you keep playing what you play. Maybe we'll meet up in a game that isn't SFV or MK11 and have a nice match one day.

My main problem is inputting directional commands accurately on a fight stick (QANBA Q4RAF).

I already block and anti-air but I still lose a lot.

I'm ironically the best FG player of all my friends, hands down. So if I'm bad, they're babby tier and I can't learn from them

How do I learn fundamentals

If you're not getting your basic commands out right then you need to grind in training mode. Stay in there and do 100 QCF moves until you can do it without screwing up once, then repeat with the other commands.

Played samsho. I like the flow of the gameplay but I don't gravitate towards any of the characters in particular so it's hard for me to buckle down and learn it. I'm waiting for rimururu

Attached: 1557957951578.png (399x386, 153K)

>playing
Sfv, unist, and samsho.
>practicing
Mortal kombat in general. Still won key to me. Any tips coming from other fighters?
>aspirations
Just fucking around and finding new sick looking combos.

It's the Z inputs and half circles I have real trouble with. I just can't get my hands to move the way I need them to

unironically try a keyboard

Watch gameplay videos of people playing above gold. Notice how they aren't constantly jumping, how they don't throw unsafe attacks, how they use invincible moves sparingly and always control the space between them and the opponent.

What character do you play? Can you upload a clip on youtube or something it'd be easier than just giving you tips without any reference.

This, the keyboardpill is strong

Attached: 1552593076852.png (1280x720, 1.04M)

Actually yeah try a keyboard. As long as it's a decent one without ghosting you should have an easier time.

>Notice how they aren't constantly jumping, how they don't throw unsafe attacks
I don't do either of these, honestly.

R.Mika

>Playing
SFV
>Practicing
Nothing
Makoto for SFV, SF6 to go back to 2-D, More Juri, more Makoto, Disgaea fighting game

>Playing
Nothing atm
>Practicing
See above
Being able to play Virtua Fighter or Tekken without having to rely on button mashing/recovery knock-downs.

>and you went nuclear on me for no reason
>3 posts calling you to suck it up or move on
lmao, and you are saying I'm the projecting. Feels like I've hit the nail on the head with this one as you've gone from addressing what I said to hey get off my back. Next time you are trying to justify still playing it to yourself, don't open with "I dislike it" cause it makes I won't play these other games cause I dislike playing them look like a silly excuse.

Guilty gear XRD rev 2 atm. Not very popular. So the competition is super thight

I want to get back into Guilty Gear but I keep talking myself out of playing

>turd strike
>anti air
Pick one

xturd is a joke lmao

Yeah, gg makes you feel like a rookie even when ur at the highest ranks.
This is probably why it's so unknown

Only fighting games I've ever enjoyed were MK and Injustice. I'm about to start grinding the shit out of MK11 and become a high enough level player to enter an online tournament and not embarrass myself

God speed user

>online tournament
bro just go to your locals

>Playing
Last tournament I entered SC6, GG, UNIST, and smush
>Practicing
Mostly SC6, it's the only game I've cared about enough in a while to watch VODs and replays of my matches to improve.
Beating the guys at my locals that have been giving me trouble

Attached: D6q7W8gUEAE4St-.jpg_large.jpg (2048x1152, 356K)

k tranny

It is.

SC6 and samsho don't satisfy every single point on that list but they're both excellent.

I picked up Tekken 7 and so far Bryan is the one who resonates the most with me.

Attached: 1547805004388.png (902x910, 914K)

Damn bros why is Tekken such an uphill battle. I've wasted 600 hours in-game and I barely have anything to show for it. Still stuck in green ranks and made it to yellow ranks only once as Kazumi.

uhh... yea no nigga we'll fuck that ass up if you try that roll bullshit.
t. mvc1 regular

>Playing
Samurai Shodown
>Practicing
Soul Calibur 6
>Future
I was bretty good at Guilty Gear (the first one, also the only one i've played) and i wish i will become at least decent in the next gen title.

I haven't been playing for the past few weeks because of lack of motivation and my genuine dislike of the new game mechanics but I was playing Mortal Kombat 11, I'm hoping that when they release Spawn my will to play is reinvigorated because I'm a huge Spawn fan

>Playing
Melee
>Practicing
Melee, 3s
playing more melee and finding anyone else to get good with in 3s on dreamcast

>Melee
OP clearly said fighting game.

>playing
DBFZ
>practicing
Trying to git gud in general I have no idea how to approach, and I can't extend combos for shit.

take a shower

Will GBV keep people interested? Or will it be DBFZ2 - At Least There Will Be Cash This Time

Attached: 1561567036989.webm (1280x720, 2.74M)

Smash Ultimate
Getting good with Pac-Man
Winning a local which won't happen, since everyone there plays either Snake or Palutena

>Playing
Kingdom Come Deliverence

>Practicing
Smash Ultimate

to be better at my local Ultimate monthly

Prepare to get your ass handed by a robot loli, nigga.

Attached: letsroll.jpg (480x360, 28K)

>playing
smash ultimate
>practicing
k. rool
not an aspiration but i hope pichu gets nerfed some more.

Attached: k rool chad.jpg (1024x936, 90K)

>Playing
Tekken 7 and DBFZ. I play smash with friends for fun
>Practicing
Mainly tekken 7. DBFZ I can relax more but still be competent.
Thinking of picking up GGxrd. I just really like the artstyle I guess.

I enjoyed it but it's more casual than SFV, after a few months everything will become very repetitive.
I still think it's a good game to get my non fg friends on the action.

>playan
FighterZ
>practican
UNIST
Make it to top 8 in one of my games

I’m trying to get into UNIST but it’s really hard to do combos compared to FighterZ. Also I want to play samsho but it’s not on PC yet. Is anyone new at UNIST looking to practice some?

Attached: 5DA45D10-9EFF-41A0-8046-98BA72DA3D46.png (1793x1962, 1.36M)

oh and I definately want to play samurai showdown in the future if it comes out on steam. I've always been better at footsie games then racking up combos, so the idea of a footsie focused game interests me, wish I knew about the series earlier.

What rank are you?

Is the new Killer Instinct any good?
It's on sale on Steam and I'm very tempted to buy it.

Isn't it free?

Was playing UNIST but got really discouraged playing online because of people quitting matches on me.

I had one (and a half) combo down using Akatsuki and learned his buttons but I really just wanted to learn how to block stuff because I didn't know what any of the others characters could do. But whenever someone would notice that I was playing mostly to block stuff they would never rematch and if we got matched again they would quit matchmaking.

I understand why they would but again, it was just discouraging for me. Looks like I'll have to converse in the discord for sets

Windows version is but only lets you play one or two characters I think

Well sounds like a perfect opportunity to try it and make a choice.

I mean I only want to download it once since its a shitload of space

On PC I'm assuming? I might be up for it. I'm in west coast so I can't guarantee good internet if you're on the other side though.

>Looks like I'll have to converse in the discord for sets
good luck with the transition user!!!

last time I went into a videogame/fighting game discord it got overtaken by potato loli porn

I doubt there is going to be a discord worse than that so I think it'll be fine, but I still really dislike the program

It makes me really really sad that Mamahaha is completly silent on this SamSho. I fucking LOVED hearing her screech with that classic bleep bleep as seen on her opening, midfight and winning pose:

youtu.be/yWmr9hCdhCw?t=106

Just look at that. Adorable. And speaking of, good Lords, SamSho4 is fucking gorgeous to look at. Just watch at how the whole scenery changes to a huge menacing ethereal skull when any match is about to finish (on some cases music goes completly silent.) Pure soul.

Attached: 1561419580083.jpg (800x1000, 146K)

>It makes me really really sad that Mamahaha is completly silent on this SamSho
She isn't though

Also SamSho 4 is a pile of shit outside the visuals

Cursed with living somewhere not NA for fighting games right? That'd also mean you're on PC most likely
Cause if you're NA, I'd literally throw down for a set against you right now

nah, game is fairly cool to play and watch if you don't go on breaking the game with exploits. Not totally silent, but still way more silent than ever. She doesn't even screech after a match!

And before I forget, whatever happened to the low poly skins? I never see anyone with them. They honestly were better than the modern models, and this isn't insulting them, but praising how good they looked.

Attached: 1561585586144.jpg (400x300, 29K)