What are the best mmorpgs out right now? Never played one before

What are the best mmorpgs out right now? Never played one before.

Attached: poster-Morioka.jpg (768x434, 25K)

FF14 or nothing as far as I've heard.

FFXIV is really fucking good
The amount of content this shit has is fucking mind boggling

How do you manage playing other games while on a subscription service? I could never justify buying a subscription based game because I would feel obligated to play it or else I'd be dumping money for no reason, which would make the game a chore by default.

Shadowbringers is the FOTM right now. There's no way you've been on Yea Forums and haven't seen a single thread. They're everywhere.

You can cancel at any time, which is what yoshi-p suggests if you get burnt out or feel like you accomplished all that you can. We just got new content so a lot of people jumped back in.
As a waitress I don't have a lot of spare time to play videogames, so I don't mind the subscription service to play one game before I go to sleep.

Attached: 1551421467039.jpg (610x781, 184K)

Better than smash threads at least

I ignore any and all time limits.
I don't know how financial stable you are, but I have lots of spending money thanks to the fact that I pay the bare minimum for almost all things I pay for.
Another thing that helps me ignore the amount of days remaining, is that I pay the fee (11 euros, the lowest amount you can pay to play the game) manually.
I won't deny that playing the game sometimes feels as a chore, however.
On a side note: don't expect to touch any of the DLCs anytime soon if you're just starting.
I have around 125 hours of playtime and I'm just starting the first DLC.

Old school Runescape desu

That anime was kino.
Sad the director got banned from twitter for being anti-jew and a nazi.

Really? That's based. I should really look into this anime then.

FF14. Don't try to talk about it on Yea Forums, though.

Phantasy Star Online 2.

>DLC

Expansion packs are not DLC. That they have physical editions you can go to the store and buy automatically disqualifies it.

Right now I'm playing XIV and its a pretty fun game, the savage bossfights I did in Stormblood were quite fun and far better than anything I'd done in WoW
The only issue is the 100 shitty quests you have to do before you can go to the first expansion, it takes ages and is fucking boring. Its a pretty big black mark on an otherwise decent game
All the stereotypes about the game being tranny central are true though, so you will have to deal with some nutters if you want to play it

>if you don't like XIV
your only choice is ESO really

>€11 per month
The fuck? I pay £7.something which is like €8~

I don't think he put his personal thoughts on the anime, it's good for other reasons (Also the male romantic interest is russian.
The problem with him was his rants about the jewish control on the media, faking the history and nazis did nuthing wrong. He also said animators are under payed in Japan before getting shut down on twitter. His short in Digital Juice had also girl nipples visible but that's other story.

OSRS is the only MMO worth playing because it's the only non WoW-clone out their that's mildly successful.

Dofus.

>The problem
I don't see the problem with any of that. I will still check out the anime though, thanks.

>shown to be wrong in the very next post
That's gotta hurt. There's also EVE Online that's not a WoW clone.

EVE Online is constantly pandering to babies, when I get bored of hassling 0.0 nerds all the high sec hassling has been nerfed to fuck
They have a history of pandering to crybabies
The nano nerf was the funniest crybaby nerf though, as it was all the caldari militia butthurt that missles couldn't hit fast ships. So after nerfing nano ships (the ishtar 100% needed that nerf) they had to nerf missles otherwise they were way too powerful against stuff like the Vagabond and they fucking flipped their shit it ws great

anime gives you some feels, more if you are the age of the characters
Also she is older than the romance interest, so good for milfier content

I used to play Dofus. It's fun early levels, but the more you level up the more grindy it becomes. What made me quit was Frigost, basically the highest level zone around, where battles are so high stakes you spend like almost 5 minutes waiting for your turn to come in these clusterfuck of battles that can easily last 45 minutes. It gets boring really fast.

I really like how EVE Online works, how it throws a bunch of items and limitations at you and tells you to make a life out of that. No restrictions in character builds nor spoonfeeding mechanics to save you from the world. It's surprising how no other game has picked up on those things.

>FFXIV
Even vanillia wow has better quest design.

Because people don't want a game that requires effort
Even EVE players hate that any one can fuck them at any time, why do you think they keep reworking things to make it in their favour so they are harder to fuck with, because of the really vocal carebears, as the vast majority of the players live in high sec and treat the game like warcraft. There are so many people who if you blew up their battleship they'd have nothing left as they fly what they can't afford to lose
Back when I did incursions to make some money there was tons of them with shitfits and barely enough skillpoints to fit a ship properly. And they all had caldari navy missile launchers etc despite being insanely expensive and worse than T2
Popping one of those idiots would have got you so much isk and destroyed everything they own

If you've never played one before I'd start with GW2.It's casual enough,no subscription fees,can buy virtually everything with in-game gold and offers what one would expect from a MMORPG.
You can reach endgame significantly faster compared to other popular games in the genre and once you get the end-game gear it's all about fashion and acquiring different stat for your gear(assuming you don't go for legendary gear which has all stat combos).