For some reason, Squeenix puts you in charge of making a TWEWY sequel

>For some reason, Squeenix puts you in charge of making a TWEWY sequel
How would you fags handle it?

Attached: TWEWY.jpg (1396x1396, 617K)

bump

Drop that shit because I never played it and make a good FF game.

>Final Fantasy
>ever being good

I would make it a beach volleyball game

Keep Nomura as far away from the story as much as possible.

Bring Takeharu Ishimoto back as the composer.

This as well.

Take the money and run, don't want to be associated with that garbage

actually release it.

The World Ends With (You)

For starters, have a new cast, and at most reference the old cast in the background or if they have to show up, only towards or at the end. Have a new city (NYC, Paris, etc) instead of Shibuya again as well.

travel back in time to when the 3DS was still alive

Keep dreaming TWEWY fags, the Switch remaster barely sold dick.

Smack whoever put me in charge as hard as I can and never release a sequel, ever. It will never be as good as the first one and will only lead to disappointment.

This is why this is hypothetical, dumbass.

bump

I simply announce another remake and laugh hysterically.

Why would I willingly develop a game for a shit franchise that's luckily dying and being forgotten?

>shit
>already forgotten

That would be good places to start. What made TWEWY great was how well the aesthetics, characters, and gameplay were in sync.

Attached: twewy gameplay.jpg (256x384, 43K)

bump

for starters I would've made it when the 3ds was on it's prime

Why didn’t Square port Final Remix to the 3DS, again?

Fuck man I don't know if I wouldn't just change the whole thing. Final Remix is really bad compared to the original and it's only because of the combat system getting wonky.

Attached: 1556683453535.png (608x860, 688K)

Because Squeenix is full of retards.

3d battle system and environments. Buttons are mapped to your equipped pins. No dual screen combat; partner is AI with assist prompts like Rogue Galaxy or something (I know it's integral to the original and an important part of the concept but it's impossible to properly bring back and would just be a distraction.)

Everything else mostly works the same.

Clothes actually show up on your character models. There are more clothing and accessory slots. You could also add cosplay clothing for other Square games.

As the dominant style for different environments change, billboards and graffiti change to match it, new NPCs move in and new areas open up: a popup restaurant may appear in one area with cheap stat boosts if it's dominated by Natural Puppy, or an exclusive clothing outlet might open only if an area is dominated by Lapin Angelique.

This but idk about not setting it in Shibuya. Paris, NY, or London just wouldn't have the same feeling.

Generic stores could also get in new items based on the local style as well, as shopkeepers order new products and make new recipes to appeal to the local clientele.

If we’re going for 3D graphics, I want them to go for cel-shading, like JSR.

Attached: 86D3BF9C-78D6-47FA-83CE-94E7BB3D51CE.gif (356x249, 2.74M)

embezzle all the money because twewy drew heavily from an asthetic that doesn't exist anymore and had gameplay designed for a system that is on life support and can't be reproduced by anything more modern

also square enix has a fucking ethics committee now demanding games change their content in order to appeal to arbitrarily decided market trends, the exact opposite kind of environment to make something like TWEWY which was clearly coming from a place of art

You can't go home again, you won't get a game like this again from square. Even if you did it would be retarded just like all the new content in the switch version was. Move on.

That would be really cool. TWEWY had a really distinctive illustrative style so that would be perfect for it.

Musashi Samurai Legend for PS2 also had a similar character style to TWEWY, and had nice cell shading for its time.

>set it in NYC
>add more minorities, LGBT folk and latinx into the cast
>mythos now based on Hinduism I stead of psuedo-Christanity, and the new game coincides with the advent of the Kali Yuga
>can sync the game with your phone and you automatically trade data when you walk pass players who have also synched their phones
>OST by Kanye West

Why?
This game is shit.

t.zetta slow hectopascal

Make a short not kingdom hearts where pins are more like different weapons and styles than one attack

Partners are tweakable AI that you can force to use certain skills like secret of mana

Have collabs with actual fashion brands for $ and buzz

Also, listening to these guys

dual wielding joycons is kino and mpp is a shit mechanic

Attached: CAT_logo.JPG.jpg (947x381, 59K)

Haven't played it yet, but ok faggot, I'll do it.
All those boys die in the beginning, the girls on the right go on a adventure and encounter the girl in this photo and she joins them to save the world and after they saved the world, they all become my maids.
And pay critics to give me 10/10 for my game.

Attached: tumblr_inline_ozflecoAlE1s7js9i_540.png (540x192, 151K)

>he doesn’t know
They’re already dead, user.

bump

These

You’re shit

TIME

I WON’T EVER GIVE IN

Kingdom hearts combat and Switch exclusive

Which Kingdom Hearts combat we talking?

Make it a Gacha game. Pins, main character and partners. Even the OST.

I reboot the series and make Shiki a boy in real life who becomes a girl in death because it's her dream to be a girl. I would do this solely to upset Yea Forums

NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU PULL ME IN

SQUARE HIRE THIS MAN

That's fine as long as the chromosomes change when he dies too

I KNOW GRAVITY AIN’T AN EXCUSE

I JUST WANNA MAKE THINGS A LITTLE MORE SMOOTH

MAJORITY IS STILL ASLEEP

THEY’RE TIRED OF THOSE DREADFUL DREAMS

NOW LET ME SHOUT AND WAKE YOU UP

I'd redo the same '3 week system with shit escalating each week'.
>Week 1:
A standard Reaper's Game. You play as a Boy/Girl pair and try and figure out what's going on and prevent yourself from being erased. At the end of the week you face off against the composer. After you win the battle there's a cutscene where the world flickers in and out of existence. The composer seems startled and works to try and repair whatever it is that's going wrong. People start vanishing, you do a little KH1 style grab for your partner but (s)he vanishes right before you grab her hand. Hard cut to black.
>Week 2
You wake up in a featureless void of white light. Composer is only other person. (S)he explains that an outside force destroyed the UG. Using most of his remaining power the Composer takes both of you to a different UG run by a different composer. You spend the next week trying to find this game's composer and fend off whatever unknown force is trying to destroy this game as well.

At the end of the week you find out that a rogue angel has decided that the Reaper's game is an abomination and is trying to put an end to all games everywhere. You fight the angel but ultimately lose. Your composer dies protecting you. You flee after more or less inheriting the powers of the composer.
>Week 3
You team up with Josh (who implies that his UG got fucked up and no one else from there survived) and travel from region to region trying to find hints/weapons/ways to stop the angel. The angel, wounded from the end of week 2 turns to Taboo Noise, goes crazy and becomes this super destructive force. You, Josh, and a bunch of composers/angels team up to face the big monster as the final boss.
>Endings
there would be multiple endings. One where you remake your old UG and act as the new composer, one where you return yourself and your partner to life and then just live out your days as a normal human, one where you realize that the Reaper's Game IS dangerous and appeal to the angels to stop it.

-Joshua was actually a lying fuck because of course he was so Neku is around and cameos during week 2. He's one of maybe 3-5 superbosses (Hanekoma is another one and the last few would be new characters/enemies).
-There are strong references to Adam and Eve (possibly to the point where the main characters are named Ada and Evan or some similar on the nose garbage) and the final boss would maintain a snake motif.
-Instead of Chines New Years, brands would be modeled off of the 12 astrological signs.

Can you play this on Switch with a stylus pen?

Announce that the fucking Final Remix OST is being released.

Shopkeeper dating sim

Attached: twewy shopkeepers.jpg (1101x1449, 964K)

Best girl.

Attached: 6A031017-86FD-4397-98F1-6B8B44C05191.jpg (640x432, 116K)

LET ME WAKE YOU UP

WHEN THE SUNSET DYES THE SKY SO BRIGHT, SHE FREAKS ME OUT WITH HER SECRET SMILE

I would make a gacha game.

STARS ABOVE START TO SHINE

FOR MILES AND MILES I WONDER WHY

less rap more clap

HE’S GOT AN OPINION

AND POSTED SUGGESTION, BUT NEVER REVEALS HIS NAME

The first game was perfect and kino as fuck. It doesn't need a sequel. I was fine with just having experience TWEWY.

10/10 soundtrack, style, gameplay, artwork, combat system, story, etc.

I feel ya. It was amazing.

Attached: twewy god hand edit.png (744x594, 590K)

IS THIS A CURSE OR JUST A HARSH LONG WINDING RIVER WHERE THOSE FLOWERS FLOAT?

I KNOW YOU CAN STOP IT’S FLOW ON A WHIM SO I HAVE LEARNED TO SWIM

It's already perfect, just produce the remake.

I like this idea.
t.b.h having Neku (or any of the old cast as Superbosses) would be lit asf.

Attached: Neku and friends.jpg (1000x733, 334K)

>Neku is a superboss
>he uses the Darklit Planet Set

Attached: 29B1518B-438D-4EAE-9056-9A7E917667DB.jpg (624x528, 80K)

nope sorry virgin she's trans

UNTIL THE TIME IS UP, I CAN’T GIVE UP ON YOU

>he becomes the game’s equivalent of Lingering Will

BEFORE THE TIME IS UP, I’LL LEAVE ALL MY REGRETS

BETWEEN THE LINES AND LINES, I AM LOST AGAIN

UNTIL THE TIME IS UP, I’LL NEVER GIVE THIS UP

>Switch Exclusive
>Makes use of the Switch being both handheld and portable
>Handheld gameplay is similar to that of the DS game, you control Neku with the touchscreen and the partner with the Joy Con
>Docked gameplay is different, can't think of how, maybe motion controls?
>Instead of beating the mission and going straight to the next day like in the original, you beat the mission and have the rest of the day to dick around in Shibuya
>The clothes you make Neku wear become visible
>For story, it's Neku trying to figure out what the hell is going on and try to stop it
>Hype-Chan is somehow at the center of all of it
>No rehashes for the partners, all new characters
>Also stuff like new pins, clothes, and shopkeepers
>Neku will still encounter characters from the first game occasionally
>There is a gag about Neku getting a bulletproof vest
>Said vest ends up saving his ass from getting shot again in the ending

It's not perfect, but it would probably be better than the sequel we're gonna get.

Attached: Here we go again.png (768x1405, 692K)

>gets shot three times in just one month
Neku seriously needs a break at this point. There’s no way he isn’t going to have PTSD up the ass once he gets through the Game again.

WHY YOU WANT TO TIE ME UP?

>be Neku
>your best friend dies before the start of the game, kickstarting your anti-social personality
>get forced to play through the Reaper’s Game three times
>deal with the fact that the very first friend you made in the game is now being held hostage as your Entry Fee
>see multiple people die, including those you’ve befriended, and blame yourself for this
>be forced to witness one of your partners you accused of killing you sacrifice himself for your sake
>get betrayed multiple times
>deal with the revelation that your idol might be the one fucking up Shibuya
>find out that the partner who sacrificed himself for you is actually alive and was just using you the entire time
>get shot twice
>get pulled into the Reaper’s Game again as of A New Day
>get shot again
>be forced to play through the Reaper’s Game again in the future
>you’re now stuck with an insane math autist and scheming Reaper loli as your partners, with the Reaper loli in question being the one who killed you again and the insane math autist trying to kill you before

Attached: WHAT THE HELL.jpg (463x348, 57K)

GET OUT OF MY WAY CAUSE I’M ON MY WAY

Listen to this fucking guy 100% improved by not reusing the old cast/settings. Fuck Nomura's storytelling, maybe bring back the other guy who did the story

I DON’T CARE ABOUT IMAGINARY BOUNDARIES

BUT SOMEHOW I’M AFRAID TO GO OVER THEM

>OST by Kanye West
Is this supposed to be a bad thing?

Well, TWEWY was driven by a singular, holistic vision of capturing what it's like to be in Shibuya.
I'd say you'd want to change up the core systems such that it reflects a different part of the city.
Center it around Shinjuku and add a light dungeon-crawler aspect to it as you navigate the labyrinthine towers and buildings that are jam packed with different bars and stores and venues. The idea would be that the underground in Shinjuku, rather than constantly shifting based on fashion constantly shifts its layout in certain spaces based on what businesses are open or closed, based on the special deals of those stores and which stores come and go from different areas.
The player, instead of using pins to have powers, can equip "Jobs", literal freelance jobs that you can train and acquire from the various businesses in Shinjuku. You can level up those jobs by playing a mini game at their location, and they each grant various skills and powers in battle (using the same core combat system as TWEWY1)
So, for instance, if you wanted to equip the Bartender Job, you'd go working at a Night Bar and do a mini game (maybe something Valhalla related) to progress it. The way that class would fight in-battles would likely use similar elements, maybe mixing and matching different components in the same combinations as the drinks to produce different attacks.
And each class would have its own system.

Attached: shinjuku.jpg (640x426, 95K)

That could be cool to see. The way the UG works makes it pretty easy to change up the gameplay.

Attached: 1A7EF898-951A-4F08-9443-B04AA6558DEF.jpg (670x951, 562K)

>Some abilities use IR scanner
>Some use HD Rumble to for timed-prompts, or as a warning system of something coming from the left or right before you see it.
>Every story event has two sides you can partake in: grounded and undergrounded
>grounded is for docked: combat is heavily reliant on motion controls, HD Rumble and IR scanner. Actual objectives of story missions are longer and more winded, with more complex objectives
>undergrounded missions are handheld, and are more gyro-focused with some light touch screen elements. Actual mission content is more combat oriented with collecting material that reveal same information revealed in grounded missions, but you're actually playing support for your partner who is on the other side playing the "grounded" portion of the mission

Yeah.
I'm mostly thinking about ditching the pin and fashion system since that's sort of particular to Shibuya's atmosphere. Shinjuku is way more about the myriad of businesses and the sheer density of life crammed into each building. So to make something that emulates that, I think a sort of job system would be most appropriate, to put the player in the middle of being in that kind of maelstrom of small businesses

Attached: 2A1E0959-4C8E-49B3-8E17-F0C457C215D2.jpg (1191x1684, 521K)

A physical copy is currently only $20 on Amazon. Just FYI.

game's about new Reaper's Games in multiple cities, each week with a new cast until it all converges in the final week. neku and pals are at most cameos until said final week

Attached: 876FC232-DF5D-4AB8-AD15-863EDF81C53B.jpg (640x830, 227K)

Attached: C3CDE46A-9107-4CBC-896E-94FC1F9167C5.jpg (450x610, 188K)

Attached: D722670B-DACE-44C7-B2AF-6750E4DF858C.jpg (800x1116, 253K)

Attached: 43F003A3-C65C-45FE-91F4-2212F0B8F2B7.jpg (1200x1164, 600K)

Why the fuck were they so horny?

They wanted to /ss/ Neku.

Attached: twewy shopkeeper responses.jpg (1625x1300, 875K)

COVER UP ALL THE SCARS AND MEMORIES

CREATIVITY IS ALL THAT I’VE GOT

SO LET ME SHOUT AND WAKE YOU UP

Attached: 49E80ACE-7D13-4CB0-A811-F130BC41930F.jpg (750x1000, 130K)

Attached: 65B2D6BE-7FC4-4D6E-B785-B84B83DCD631.jpg (900x979, 274K)

Attached: 036026AE-B2AF-4514-B92B-37CE81014913.jpg (238x398, 72K)

Attached: D525B913-BE21-4A96-AD89-86A82053FA21.jpg (600x960, 200K)

Attached: 77172CEE-B107-43C4-8EFC-511019B71135.jpg (600x777, 117K)

LET ME WAKE YOU UP

WHEN THE FIREFLIES DANCE ON A NEW MOON NIGHT, SHE TEMPTS ME WITH HER GLISTENING EYES

THE SKY ABOVE CHANGES ITS COLOR

FROM DAWN TILL DUSK, I WONDER WHY

IS THIS A CURSE OR JUST A WRONG ANSWER?

AM I FLOATING ON A CLOUD WITHOUT WINGS?

ALL OF A SUDDEN THE END MIGHT COME SO I DON’T ACT LIKE SOMEONE ELSE

UNTIL THE TIME IS UP I CAN’T GIVE UP ON YOU

I think it would be based if it worked where you control both characters using different joy-cons. Maybe keep Neku or whoever on the left and partners on the right.

Story wise, they already have a setup for better or worse so there’s no point going against it. I wouldn’t totally drop what happened in A New Day since it’s already canon.

Fuck I hope we get a sequel announced at TGS.

Make it made for a controller and not a fucking touch screen

BEFORE THE TIME IS UP, I’LL LEAVE ALL MY REGRETS

BETWEEN THE LIES AND LIES, I’M CONFUSED AGAIN

WHEN THE TIME IS UP, I’LL TAKE WHAT I’VE GOT TO TAKE

Gay

Attached: FE4FD72C-A369-4932-8490-2E9C0E26E3D2.jpg (1000x500, 174K)

Attached: D0E8EA2E-5CBC-4230-ABD9-281212108C72.jpg (400x480, 38K)

Attached: 28EC439A-E951-4E8D-8B96-502B6329BC05.jpg (480x854, 131K)

Attached: 07BDAD30-6755-44FA-86D7-3A78CBE67E73.jpg (1000x1287, 507K)

Attached: 0506AFE4-5F8B-4B5D-993B-75F0AD166BDB.jpg (690x1022, 184K)

Attached: 4C29FE22-276D-425A-93FE-42E7B0B40892.jpg (773x676, 149K)