Is it too late to get into this game?

Is it too late to get into this game?

Attached: Terraria-img.jpg (616x353, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/XuJ6wsnQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Never in a million years

Is never too late fren

Definitely not. Although one could argue that you might as well wait for the final update but who knows when that'll come out. The game's good for multiple playthroughs anyway so go ahead

No. Be prepared to wiki hog though.

Don't listen to this user. Go as far as you can without using the wiki. It is far more enjoyable that way. Use the in-game guide npc for guidance on what to do next, and for a list of crafting recipes.

I got all the way to the moon lord, and just stopped without beating him. I really want to, but he's just a giant pain in the ass, and I've been out of the game so long that every time I go back I have to relearn it.

What's the easiest way to beat him? I have a single long platform stretching all the way to one side of the map for what it's worth.

not really, you can always jump in yourself or with your friends at any time and have fun. The game already has shitton of content so you can play without any mods (but they are still fine so go for it if you want)
actually, most important stuff you need to know you can just ask the guide and check items with him on what to do with them, often caught by accident. Also for more complicated stuff, like ankh shield, you can get the parts rather intuitively. i quickly caught a pattern that when i farmed a certain item for the shield i always needed to farm the monsters that inflicted those debuffs.

It's better than ever. 1.4 is coming soon probably and it will brings a bunch of new stuff.

Here's my arena, where I defeated him for the first time. He messes up your regen, I suggest exploiting the nurse.

Attached: ter1.jpg (1920x1040, 513K)

>Go as far as you can without using the wiki
That goes without saying, but it will very likely be needed at some point. It's just that type of game.

Bring friends if possible
Try not to use the wiki on your first run
Softcore or hardcore, mediumcore is shit
Play a normal run before expert or modded
Don't play Calamity

Thx, what weapons did you use?

It's never too late, OP. I recommend never using a wiki unless you feel you absolutely have to in order to progress. You'll want that blind Terraria experience.

This nigga is right, but
this nigga is right as well

I usually play melee builds, so most likely Solar Eruption.

actually it's too early, wait for the 1.4 eoy and meanwhile play minecraft or something instead

Thx

Amen.

Play it blindly, you don't need wikis when you have the guide NPC. Well, there are the drop chances, but you aren't a retarded grinding farm-monkey, are you?
expert mode>normal mode
And as people said, don't install any mods your first run and for the love of everything holy Don't play Calamity
Meditate before each session if you know how to and don't play too much at the same day, it's more enjoyable that way
Have fun playing a very cool game

summoners suck

30€ on switch lol

5 everywhere else

>be 8 year old game
>don't offer discounts during sales anymore even though this is the BEST time to start discounting

Welp, looks like I'm not buying this.

expert mode is fine but it's not for everyone
I play terraria for a nice slow-ish paced adventure in a comfortable setting, not for super frantic boss battles (hardmode bosses are already enough of a mess for me, especially fishron and moonman) and nurse cheesing

Also, turn off the map for a refined experience
Minimaps are a curse upon good games

1.the phantasmal deathray deals a lot of damage, but you can block it with just 1 line of solid blocks. you can also make 1 tile gaps within the line to be able to attack him when he does the deathray.
2.you must be careful when you are about to kill one of the eyes, since you really shouldnt do that.
instead you should make sure that you damage them just for them to be barely alive, then kill all of them at once. it should let you access the heart immediatly and you will not need to bother with true eyes of cthulhu so much.
3.true eyes have harder to dodge and more deadly attacks, so focus on dodging them first.

it is on sale right now though? I swear it's basically on sale every other day

yeah

Attached: fault.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

you've waited 8 years, you might aswell wait another 6 months for the new patch and play it all in one go

wait for 1.4, Soon™

The superior way to do it is to use the fishron mount and make little bubbles of water in the sky using bubble blocks to fly between so you can maintain supersonic speeds while fighting him.

Yeah I have no idea what this is talking about, it's probably been 2 dollars like five different times in the past year

Fuck, man. I remember first seeing the Terraria trailer and being so hyped. I enjoyed it a lot on release and someone it's gotten even better.

Use UFO mount.

>valhalla armor
>some honey
>Fire place
>Heart lantern
>Health regen potion
>The health regen accessory from the golem
>A solid roof above you
>Star dust dragon
>The solar mace thing
Stand still in the honey and just face tank him. Piss easy.

I'd go for Beetle Armor

>it is on sale right now though?
That's not a question.

Why does everyone hate calamity again? Its a nice change a lot of playthroughs

No. Valhalla armor gives insane health regen and thats why you use it.

who needs regen when you chug potions

A great game is great forever. It's a better experience playing with friends but it's comfortable building shit on your own too.

I guess if you can avoid the regeneration debuff it can work. I prefer the relatively high defense and bonuses of beetle set.

The thing is with all those health regen buffs you will regen it all up within a second. You can still take a few hits and once the health regen debuff disappears you get it all back pretty much instantly

I'm tired of vanilla. What're some good mods that work together?

It' s fantastic. How have you not played Terraria before?

I guess I have to try it now as I always found high regeneration builds fun.

no although I’ve spoiled myself so much with mods I can’t go back to vanilla. everyone on here talks shit about calamity but it’s a good time

Attached: DAA2067B-68D9-4168-91D2-7A4C36860C57.jpg (125x97, 2K)

It's a singleplayer/coop game, why would it be too late?

In fact you're better off waiting for the final update.

>Keep bugging friends to play Terraria
>They finally submit
>Start a new multiplayer game with a ton of mods with friends yesterday who haven't played Terraria yet
>Everyone is so confused whats going on, playing around with new weapons, telling people they can choose a weapon class to go and things
>Tell them all to tldr dig down and get better armor and gear and things go on from there
>One friend dedicated to building the house
>Several friends summoning bosses out of nowhere like Hivemind (friends curious about the 1K health tumor in the corruption) and Slime Kings (from the starting bag) before we even get an armor set
>Friend with literally zero armor pieces building our base keeps praying we dont randomly summon another boss
>Everyone gets off and says they had fun and would play again

good feel, we gonna play more today

Attached: 1447697435514.png (540x543, 266K)

it's ironically too early, wait for the final update, probably later this year.

How does the nurse even stay alive? Isn't she more likely to die from the projectile spam? To my knowledge, blocks only block the beam right?

I think a ton of mdos for a multiplayer session with new players is a mistake, but maybe your friends like the chaos.

No

What a deeply stupid question.

She can heal herself pretty efficiently with her syringes

Id rather read a book. Wont be longer than reading wikipedia for hours

Post builds

Attached: Damn gypsies outside my walls.png (3392x896, 512K)

>Making completely new players install mods
>Making them install Calamity for that matter

Playing an expert run from start to finish with my bro was literally the most fun I've had in my entire life. I highly recommend expert mode for REAL GAMeRZ and only play normal if you're confident you're not a REAl gAM

god forbid new players use magic storage and loot bags. Part of the multiplayer experience is running out of gold chest items I understand

It's fine if they're more useful tools than friends. If they're friends it's a dick move.

ranged>magic>melee>summoner

Rate my home from my first playthrough. I couldn't get into the game that well playing with friends since they progressed so much faster in comparison. But my first solo world was incredibly fun.

Attached: 20190428223215_1.jpg (1920x1016, 498K)

7/10, nice decoration and points for not doing a commie block

schizoid/10

its never too late

i wish i had friends

Thanks fren
What's wrong with wanting to learn the game at my own pace?
I'd even open up the game for friends to pop in and check it out.
Even helped a friend grind chunks in my world since they had the Crimson

Why is calamity so hated?

Mostly because people cant look past the creator being a ponyfucker.

pastebin.com/XuJ6wsnQ

Attached: Capture 2018-06-24 14_00_24.png (1296x736, 239K)

Attached: F879FB1B-C9E1-405C-BDA8-27DF78B97AEE.png (1425x2000, 1.59M)

>what is potion sickness

Attached: Capture 2018-07-03 22_37_52.png (1216x944, 618K)

Has anyone tried to make an underground base, and if yes, how feasible is it? The concept sounds comfy af but I'm worried about weird shit spawning past a certain depth

Is mage the only truly fun and varied playstyle?
Can you combine him with a summoner without sacrificing much power?

I have an urge to extract that ore.

The closest thing I've done is a base carved into a mountain and a base carved into an absurd cliffside. The former has only two entrances. The front and an elevator upwards. During blood moons or invasions, actuators seal the entrances. The latter was built at the edge if the world since the ocean was required at a certain height but by then the ground descended already. So the world generated a two hundred block cliff. Again one entrance. No actuators were necessary since the enemies spawned about 50 blocks down. I used a simple set up so that lava and traps killed whatever spawned there.