Why do people pre-order games months before release

Attached: 154516486.jpg (540x540, 39K)

the early bird gets the worm

Fuck off Yea Forums cuck

>preordering digital releases
how to spot retards 101

because woaaaaah duuuuuude look at this cool skin i got for preordering this pile of shit thats going to be dead in 3 months

Because they don't care about quality and want to play it as soon as it comes out.

There are infinite worms tho, no need to hurry you dumbass

you snooze you lose

Americans like being scammed by snake oil early.

More like how to spot the average Yea Forums idiot meme spouting faggot

Espeically dumb with digital downloads. I guess if you got a killer deal (i'm talking 20-30% off) and some DLC swag for a game you know you NEED to play day one---go for it.

Physical games---especially limited print games---I get a bit more but you are actively gambling instead of doing the safer option of simply waiting 24-48 hours and seeing how trusted sources (your personal selected journalists/stream/etc.) enjoy it.

Omg op you cant Just go around asking People Why they preorder games

If I'm going to buy it anyway, I'll just do it then and there.

Limited special edition
I really wanted the LA artbook

>what is preload

because they have no brains

someone post the screencap of the guy who pre ordered M&Ms kart racing.

Ah the typical Sunday morning thread full of retards

Because you get to pay more so you can play the game a week earlier(or sometimes not even earlier) than everyone else and thus not be eligible for a refund dummy

>can play the game a week earlier
why lie

Imagine being as retarded as this guy

For the same reason people buy consoles and iPhones.

Attached: 3d7TET4.png (1440x1724, 532K)

Just tried and I cant imagine it. After all preordering games and games that do not exist aka kickstarters is the mark of the brainlet.

I typically do it for several reasons:

>Limited editions.
>There is a discount for doing so on something I was planning on picking up at launch (Like Best Buy and the $10 gift certificates).
>If I want to pre-pay for a game so I don't have to worry about it down the line (Rare that I do this, and only with physical copies. Never for digital).
>The game is very niche and there is a chance it will be hard to find.

True story, people laughed when I blew my first paycheck on 10 preorders of Rule of Rose. I said "this will be gold in the future, it is important to invest".

Opened 1 for myself of course, I did like the game.

Certain games only get a limit amount of copies. Not everybody here is a fucking CoD drone.

She's so fucking hot.

Attached: file.png (1881x738, 1.13M)

Basically j trust Kojima.

Some people got cultivated into thinking its okay. It actually was fine back in the day when you had a lot of good quality games coming out on the regular. There was actually a chance a game would be unavailable. Now its just become a thing the industry pushed down on you as standard. Its lost its incentive.

dude KEANU REEVES!!!!!11

Except you are the worm.

lmao

Because I only Pre-order games I know I'll enjoy, as I am not a retard.

> having the patience of a toddler that you need to preorder

Retardation.

Stores like gamestop push pre-orders so that they know how many copies of a game to order. Publishers like it too because they can get a good idea of how good their game might sell.

because it doesnt matter if you know you're gonna play it day one anyway

Attached: 1560281640954.png (1147x1372, 310K)

There isn't a need too, because either the incentives for it suck or there's no incentives at all. The only game I ever preordered to date was MW2, just for a plain copy cause i was younger and stupid. I go get it on launch day and I still remember seeing like hundreds of hundreds of copies of the game, so with that I released there was no point in spending the extra money/effort on pre-ordering when there's gonna be tons of copies available anyway. Big games never "sell-out" on launch day anymore.

When I bought Skyrim, I got it about 2 weeks after it released in 2011. I went to the future shop in my town (which generally was always less busy than eb games or best buy) and got my copy there. When I paid for it, they gave me the free steelbook anyway, which was originally a preorder giveaway( i think, but maybe I'm wrong). The store had so many extras of these left over they were giving them for free to people just buying the standard version.

Pre-ordering is useless nowadays