I love this game

I love this game

Attached: 51WY1H8PT2L._SY445_[1].jpg (314x445, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w1xqK18X0RI
youtube.com/watch?v=MZjXJ_pneqg
youtube.com/watch?v=nbxjYJbqJCE
youtube.com/watch?v=MHiUHTlXYQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=426dRMNdAxo
youtu.be/j3bD5ekhWFw
youtube.com/watch?v=BgSTS24xyq4
youtube.com/watch?v=pC0dCtXC5do
youtube.com/watch?v=YDeuBgp9NhY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Better than Mario Kart

It's a good game OP
youtube.com/watch?v=w1xqK18X0RI

Its a great game

Im unable to finish it cause I suck and the rubberbanding isn't that great but its still a great time

I also love it. Very extreme and fast.

Very underrated

It had some kino tracks, but there weren’t enough of them

>get the game
>don't understand how to go high on ramps for days
>notice that the starting screen demo shows you gameplay of someone doing it
>analyse it and try to replicate
>get it after some hours of training
Damn, that was really unintuitive. The tutorial didn't do a good job to teach you this basic shit

Me and my friend figured it out in a couple of tries back in the day.

Better than TSR

It's certainly more inspired

You're a bit of a retard aren't you? Just charge your jump and release at the area of the ramp that has the red stripe. You never play SSX?

Too bad it's the only good Riders game.

Brainlets like you are the reason devs are afraid to experiment with their games. It's easy and there's plenty of other games that have the same mechanic of hold jump to get more air time.

Why does the game have such low scores and gets bashed by the fandom if it's so good?

>rubberbanding

That shit isn't in this game. If you're good you're good and you win.

I loved the battle mode

I'm pretty sure he's referring to how you have to front flip to jump farther and backflip to jump higher. The game never tells you this, but it's necessary for reaching shortcuts

1. It's Sonic
2. No Karts
3. Mechanics that for some reason greatly confused people

Because game journos are idiots that don't know how to wipe their own ass without a 10 minute tutorial making them? It's a unique game so you have to spend time learning the mechanics which most casuals aren't willing to do. Also it actually requires skill to win races in this game as opposed to most other arcade-y racers (not sure what category of racer Riders actually falls into) where you can get by with very little investment.

If you have no idea what you're doing in Riders it's not fun at all: you won't know how to pull off lots of tricks off jumps, you won't know how to take advantage of the speed/fly/power shortcuts, so you'll run out of air and then you'll be stuck running on foot a bunch and getting thrashed by the competition.

The sequel felt like it had a lot more polish and was much easier to pick-up-and-play, but it lost a LOT of the thrill and sense of speed the original had. It also ruined Super Sonic when he wasn't even that great in the first game.

>You never play SSX?
Never
>2006
Sure thing myself taking time to figure out a mechanic was decisive for the future of gaming

That music, mmm.
youtube.com/watch?v=MZjXJ_pneqg
youtube.com/watch?v=nbxjYJbqJCE
youtube.com/watch?v=MHiUHTlXYQQ

Jet is my boyfriend why did he never return in any other game

I also like it.

It's neat

Me and my friend group loved this game on the PS2. We were shocked to find out a few months later that journos and the big fansites were shitting on this game.

the battle mode in that game was kino as fuck

>jump that waterfall in splash canyon
They just dont make games of quality like this anymore

Secret Rings, Black Knight, Olympic Games and phone game fodder

>implying anyone gives a shit about any of those

>Sand Ruins.. home...
TAKE ME BACK

God damn it would have been so cool if they made room for Silver and Jet in Black Knight's story mode

Attached: SonicBlackKnight.jpg (900x605, 123K)

The game had a great intro

youtube.com/watch?v=426dRMNdAxo

>implying anyone gives a fuck about the extended cast to warrant a comeback
Remember user, any character that came after Amy and Knuckles is what ruined the franchise

It's not exactly good as a casual racer, but not mechanically deep enough as a skill based racer, and there's not a whole lot of content even compared to racers from the N64/PS1 era.
But it's such a unique concept that perfectly compliments Sonic's style compared to Mario. It's the type of game with loads of potential that could've given Mario and Crash a run for their money if it had developers that could realize that potential, but ya know, cows go moo, dogs go bark, Sonic fan goes 'Sonic would've been great if it had good developers'

Mario and Sonic Olympics is like a fucking bestseller, wait until it releases for switch

Not a thing

So you never played the game ? Metal city first jump require a longer jump, and the second jump a higher one. And it's the first track of the game

Why would he randomly make a music video of a Sonic song a decade later?

Attached: 12924270.jpg (150x150, 6K)

This game's style was the perfect match for Sonic like said, it could've rivaled Mario Kart if they continued to improve it instead doing whatever Zero Gravity was and then killing it off with Free Riders, especially now that Wisps are a thing, but no. Sonic only deserves good things once every blue moon.

it is to a thing you dumb faggot
open the game and try it right now, repeated frontflips let you access certain shortcuts and repeated backflips let you access certain other shortcuts

Attached: cyndaquil what the fuck.png (446x460, 112K)

I never said that, I said the games he listed were shitty. And to be honest, yeah the modern characters kinda suck ass. Gamma is the only good character to come out after the classic era. Shadow would have been a fucking great character if they didn’t reverse his death. The modern writers even ruined the chaotix characters in heroes and everything afterward.

Fighting for relevancy

>ruined a bunch a literal whos
Yeah, no. They actually did the Chaotix justice in that gamr

While I much prefer Riders, ZG was still good imo, just too different. Riding on walls and using the rings to do sharp turns was fun, but Gravity Dive was a step down from the normal boost. Gear changes could also have been implemented better, I think the only time I thought it was a cool mechanic was using the board with all 3 powers and you could change between them but only if you had enough rings at the time.
Honestly the worst part was the AI all picking the magic broom when you unlocked it, and never anything else. It sucked seeing all the characters using the same boring shit every race.

God why does Free Riders exist fuck that game.

>God why does Free Riders exist fuck that game.
I think Microsoft paid for its development

Before heroes vector was a cool ass crocodile with cool ass headphones. Now he’s just a screeching autist with ADHD

>playing the PS2 version when XBOX exists

Before your post you were a cool ass neckbeard with dollar store headphones. Now you're just a screeching autist with ADHD

>Playing 2000's era Sonic games on anything but GameCube
Yikes

Where the fuck did you get that impression? He's still based as fuck in Heroes and j e w

>playing SA1 and 2 on the fucking gamecube

Attached: 1376744050215.gif (325x244, 1.84M)

Wrong

Glad someone else likes Digital Dimension on this board.

SUPER
SONIC
SPEED

I tried the first one and just couldn't get into it, the controls mainly. Zero Gravity is much better.

Stories are easy, the hardest part is the final boss but even that's managable.
I managed to get gold on both GP's with the speed skates.
Still not done with the missions, but I did get all the mythical gears at least.

>No Sega Carnival
step it up user

>The game never tells you this
Except in the "how to play" video that's in the game.

I was gonna add it but I think sometimes people get irritated with multiple video links in posts.
but I played that track just about the most.

Either never played the game, dumb as shit, or successful bait. I pray it's the latter.

>Too bad it's the only good Riders game.
Zero Gravity is far better than the first one. Free Riders is garbage, though.

>That Crazy Taxi gear

i wish i had an hoverboard

I wish Sonic would be able to rival Mario again but it looks like we'll have hoverboards before Sonic reaches that state again

I have more hours in this game than you. Stop thinking you can lie to me

youtu.be/j3bD5ekhWFw
No it doesn't

Prove it. I have over 200.

W-what
The manual, then?
I'm 100% sure I learned this from the game.

I can see why shitters like Zero Gravity more than Riders since it practically plays itself for 90% of the game.

>Drop a tornado
Man I completely forgot you could do this. I played the game so many times and I don't think I used it once.

Zero Gravity also has pretty great music.
youtube.com/watch?v=BgSTS24xyq4
youtube.com/watch?v=pC0dCtXC5do
youtube.com/watch?v=YDeuBgp9NhY
There's actually better songs than this, but I thought I'd just pull out the equivalents to what you posted.

Shit you right it does say it in the manual

Haven't played it yet, but if SEGA wants Sumo to start making Sonic universe only racers like TSR from here on out, I would love to see a mixture of elements from Riders and the All Stars Racing games, but running on the Transformed gameplay engine. That way it satisfies both sides

How does ZG "play itself" in any way?

One of the most underrated racing games of the 6th generation. Once you’ve mastered the controls the racing feels so fluid and tight, it legitimately captures he speed of sonic perfectly.

It doesn't, really, but it is much easier.
Both in the gears handling much easier, and a lot of things being easier to do.
The gravity turns are much easier to do well than the drifts in the original, rail grinds snap automatically, tricks do themselves and jump shortcuts are mostly gone, and those that do still exist are done by gravity turning towards them instead of being super pro at tricks.

I'm gonna say it now.
The blue skates are the best gear in the game.

Sumo sonic kart racing series is fucking dead.
All they had to do was make transformed 2, but they decide to invent the wheel instead.

Attached: tsr2.png (906x624, 292K)

I highly doubt it is, most people still enjoyed the game and it seems to have sold decently on consoles, even outdid Transformed in the UK

>No drifting
>Tracks are basic circles with very few turns or obstacles
>tricks are automated
>Gravity shift requires no skill
>Gravity dive required no skill
There's so little interaction on the tracks and most of them are just a series of featureless straightaways where nothing happens with basic wide turns because no drifting. The only 'drifting' you can do is the gravity shift thing that's slow and only used for the 2 or 3 hard angle turns. The gravity dive is only used in the designated areas and are a crude method of a speed boost when attempted anywhere else and are just pure spectacle. There's no decision making on any track outside of taking the heavily signposted shortcuts or riding on a wall which is as much player input as you get in this game.

Same here. It took up a shit ton of air, even more than boosting, and did virtually nothing until you were level 3 since the tornado size was dependent on level as well.
Even then, dropping half of your air tank on some shitty tornado when you could be spamming boost was stupid.

I love the OST. I still listen to them to this day.

I miss when manuals actually taught you how to play.

Didn't they also get rid of the "air" resource mechanic? I can't remember, but I knew there were reasons I couldn't get into ZG, whilst I had a blast with Riders.