Is speedrunning based or cringe?

Is speedrunning based or cringe?

Attached: How_to_Start_Speedrunning.png (727x408, 672K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch.tv/ausspeedruns
twitch.tv/nasa_marathon
twitch.tv/esamarathon
youtube.com/watch?v=yNi-0uqcEx4
youtube.com/watch?v=L5TGFEoidEM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Speedrunning is based.

Those speedrunners are cringe.

Sig was based tho

speedrunning is based

Attached: tenshi2.png (1080x1080, 1.98M)

man the setup was so much comfier back then

Why are there no female speed runners?

Attached: 1488760606159.jpg (250x201, 8K)

Depends on the game
Also inb4 le epic goldeneye man doesn't like his hobby video

girls don't play video games

It’s neither - to me it’s just really boring

Requires extreme amounts of dedication and focus to speedrun anything but JRPGs. There are women who speedrun JRPGs though. essentia has been speedrunning longer than most other speedrunners.

women prefer instant gratification. speedrunning is the exact opposite.

>we have a $2000 donation from pablo t. zoomer
>whole room claps, onions flinging everywhere
>heaving breathing
>h-hey guys my dog was hit by my dad's car right before my dad drove off a cliff and I was about to kill myself until I saw you speedrunning my favorite game puttputt goes to the zoo so t-thanks for that
>entire room raises arms to cheer on their good deed
>arm pit sweat and grease desecrates all corners of the room

Attached: 1560397866776s.jpg (250x250, 12K)

Speedrunning was based.

OP needs Yea Forums to tell him what to think because he likes a thing but worries liking it will make him cringe.

You know what was great about the older GDQ's? The people you see in that room are all going to have a run of their own (save for a few). You get to see the way they interact all week and get to know them a little. You get hype when Trihex joins in on the couch because you enjoyed his run and personality earlier in the marathon. You could learn literally everyone's name/handle by just simply watching for a couple days whether you wanted to learn them or not. It felt communal and like the only reason they did it was to help charity and to do it they only way they could.

These things are gone.

Now you don't see anyone in the audience that isn't some random who doesn't speedrun at all unless they're on the couch. Now once someone finishes their run, you'll never see them again on stream after having never seen them before either. Now everyone goes to GDQ see their friends and get stream exposure. No one seems to want to do it for charity. It doesn't even feel like it goes to charity now that PCF is so involved and commercializing the whole thing.

Support smaller marathons (rip SRG).

Attached: hMwWUvL.jpg (1024x576, 185K)

Attached: harrenhar.jpg (276x277, 21K)

>Support smaller marathons
Like who? I don't watch GDQ because of the corporate cocksucking but I don't know where else to go

One other thing I want to point out is that instead of 5 dudes on the couch from your own game's community (ex: Celeste couch full of Celeste runners), it used to be that everyone was way more familiar with every game run because it was fun watching others. It was cool to get the Mario 64 guy's opinion on the Zelda guy's run.

Now it's so isolated and insular.

speedrunning is for fucking faggots.

Attached: 1522271990707.png (336x345, 42K)

The most degenerate act man has ever conceived is most definitely cringe

Speedrunning community is fucked, but there are still a few based runners

Attached: zfg1.png (300x300, 97K)

>The most degenerate act man has ever conceived
come on now

Attached: 1535668620671.png (355x268, 199K)

Was GDQ always for world records and high level play, or was it open to just anybody?
In the good days could I, some random faggot with no speedrun experience go to GDQ?

why sunglasses indoors?

Attached: 1533170836590.jpg (346x346, 30K)

There was just a marathon for Australian runners.

twitch.tv/ausspeedruns

NASA (North American Speedrun Assembly) feels like the older GDQ's and just had a marathon last month.

twitch.tv/nasa_marathon

ESA (European Speedrunner Assembly) is also similar to older GDQ's but is also a bit too big for its own good.

twitch.tv/esamarathon

There are more out there but these are a few.

>Australian speedruns
What the fuck, this is gonna be good

>playing the same game over and over 12h a day for years until you go retard for no reward whatsoever except a bunch of kids spamming your chat
>based

Attached: 1359097964649.png (251x652, 283K)

show feet

uh oh
youtube.com/watch?v=yNi-0uqcEx4

And the trannies are new. That wasn't as common, nor is it fun.

Attached: Oh+look+protomagicalgirl+_21113603057b275d1f01b8e85806a761.jpg (1000x563, 112K)

>That cringe bullshit where she says "I play the magic card Pot of Greed" in Uno, where the goal is to remove cards, not to mention the forced lolrandumb bullshit

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUR CRINGE

>cringe

THIS NEEDS TO BE WORDFILTERED FOR FUCKS SAKE.

didn't that crazy fucker get fired from gdq or some shit?

what happened to SRG?

what

>What Is RebeccaRE
>What Is germanic goddess Sayvi

The very start of this
youtube.com/watch?v=L5TGFEoidEM

oh my fucking god

but user there are many

Attached: 5893866a971ae.jpg (1600x900, 171K)

Speedrunning is how losers make friends and feel important.

That's not a human being, that's the monster from everyone's nightmares.

>charity to donate money to doctors to help fight illness.
>promote mental illness lgbtbbq++ and trannies at the same time.
unbased, blue pilled, cringe, and a bit ol YIKES from me!

Anyone got a picture of the tranny that looked cute, it had black hair and it was a behind the scenes pic. I'm trying to find it but my search is fruitless

Attached: roleplaying.jpg (1200x675, 48K)

>she

Speedrunning isn't that bad. What IS fucking awful, and tell me if this has happened to you guys, is if you're playing a game with a friend and he goes off about exploits.
I have a friend who loves reading shit on wikis and stuff, but rarely does the things he reads. So if I'm playing a game, he would go "Oh why aren't you doing that skip", "this streamer I saw did it way faster", all that kind of bullshit.
He does the same thing in fighting games, analyzing movesets and tier lists but barely actually plays

I miss him...

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16K)

I like how when you critique the Prevent Cancer Foundation in any way, brainlets come out of the woodwork and say you must be pro-cancer.