Don't mind me, just posting objectively the best 2d fighting game ever made

Don't mind me, just posting objectively the best 2d fighting game ever made.

Attached: ps4dragonballfz.jpg (722x900, 340K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MliX3jsnihI
esportshall.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

is it really that good?
the combat looks good but the story looks like shit and the roster is small as fuck

>objectively the best 2d fighting game ever made
>Competitive scene is dead

people aren't serious when they talk about story in fighting games are they
you can't actually be serious

Fuck off with threads like this. All you’re trying to do is stir up trouble. You don’t actually want to discuss the game or any kind of topic.

>story is shit

It's beyond shit, but nobody plays it for the story. You play it for the multiplayer and to duke it out with friends and see who can spam the most moves they looked up online to beat the other guy.

I don't think a single fighter game outside of tekken has a story that isn't shit.

>Eighth gen fighting games
>Aksys fighting games
How can you guys tolerate all those combo inputs and spastic gameplay?

Attached: Facepalm.gif (360x240, 1.6M)

that's not UNIEL

>It's beyond shit
still better than gt lmao

i like combos

Discussion can't start without a bait OP, cmon man, you know how things work with these spergs here.

no its not you fight fucking copies in the game gt atleast has characters

id rather fight 100 goku clones than a single gt character

Game is pretty shitty and died a pathetic death despite getting the whole world interested at first.

>Best 2D fighter ever
>Most of the throwaway cast is paid DLC

DBFZ is easy you retard

Is it playable with keyboard?

Attached: 19069447487.jpg (712x720, 79K)

>35 characters
>small as fuck
?????????????

>2019
>still calling Arcsys "Aksys"
kys

Sure, if you can learn how to play fighting games on keyboard you're well on your way to using a cheatbox as well.

The combos in DBFZ are both long as fuck while also being easy as fuck. It's the reason the hype died nearly instantly by comparison to something like MvC3

But user, Tekken's story is pretty shit as well. Aside from a few cool momments, T7 had a pretty awful story mode.

>MvC3 combos
>not long as fuck while also being easy as fuck
???

post yourself doing the ironman infinite or fuck off forever

and you post yourself doing ssj vegeta jH loops on small characters midscreen of fuck off yourself

Weird choice man. Not even top players ever bothered doing Iron Man's infinite. I could easily record myself doing a long and easy as fuck combo with Dr Doom, Dante, Hulk, Vergil, or others. Every combo in that game also does way more damage than combos in DBFZ

nice dodge.

right back at you

Definitely. I love the macro options and assigning them to keys like shift, ctrl and space. One key for each command.
t. keyboard fighter

Casuals (the people who fighting devs actually count on to buy their games) care about that stuff a lot actually.

I'm actually really looking forward to when they make a sequel to this. The 2nd game in a fighting game series usually tend to be one of the strongest entries.

But you didn't post Guilty Gear?

not even the best fighting game this gen

Attached: killer-instinct-season-3-character-info.jpg (2513x1413, 338K)

that is the worst cover art of all time
looks like something it would see in a add for a flash game

I love the game and I wholeheartedly agree.

>casual filth where the best player is a fucking furry

fuck off poser

>Poser
What the actual fuck are you talking about? Guilty Gear is the best

if its so good why does nobody play it?

Attached: 1546312432589.jpg (217x210, 12K)

>Literally was in 4 different lobbies today
>Had games every day since I bought it
>No one plays it
Hmmm

Attached: 1539509786840.png (777x480, 241K)

whenever I play this game I always turn the music off and put on the budokai soundtrack instead, it's orgasmic

>Steam charts
Oh you were shitposting, should've said that from the start

Attached: 1560013415577.png (324x331, 60K)

See me right now in a ft 10 or stop posting

whats your CFN?

>Talking about Guilty Gear
>Post about how I play Guilty Gear
>Asks for CFN
Based mentally retarded capcom retard

Melee has 10x the player count of either of those ""Fighting Games"""

Wow, amazing game. 7 Lobbies up and 3 of them are asian. LMAOOO
Steam charts don't lie.

Meanwhile, on SFV, I could just hop on, get in training mode, put on casual or ranked matchmaking and then get a match in under 2 minutes.

If at least half of the Guilty Gear posers played the game then it'd have around a thousand players.

Attached: 1551416445739.jpg (450x500, 88K)

>Nepposter
>That spacing
>Capcom retard
>Dodged a ft 10
You have to be an /fgg/ poster

>R/Kappa and Yea Forums: GG RULEZ BEST FG EVR!!!!
>Also vappa: *doesnt play the game*
>sub 200 playercount on PLAYSTATION FUCKING FOUR
LMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 20190707_162907.jpg (4032x3024, 3.04M)

See me right now in a ft 10

I don't play dead games, and I think the game sucks. You won't see me praising games I don't play, unlike Guilty Gear drones.

NICE
DODGE

I see what you're playing at.
See me in SFV, clearly not liking a game doesn't count so even if you don't like it you need to fight me otherwise its a dodge.

You clearly have GG and I have it too, so ft 10 me.
I don't play kusoge, which is everything made by capcom

I unfortunately own it but I haven't played it since launch because it's awful.
Capcom makes good fighting games, arc system works has only produced dog shit in the last 10 years.

>Because it's awful
t. couldn't work out how to punch
Now see me and stop posting

Stop lying user

actual GG players hate xrd2 and the way ASW neglects them.
all you're left with is Yea Forums posers that dont play fighters jerking off to it.

Listen I get it, you're seething because you expected fucking Capcom to put out a good game for once in their lives, but they didn't and you're mad. But no need to take it out on GG, GG is excellent

Ah yes, it has to be a good game because all the posers say so. So my disliking has to come from being unable to play it, based! Well fedora tipped my friend, time to brag on Reddit about how much of a based guilty gear player you are, don't forget the Baiken waifu images.

>People who play the game are posers
Based capcom retard

Posting the actual best 2D fighting game

Attached: 61070948CCL._SX342_.jpg (342x338, 39K)

>GG is excellent
If it was even remotely good, people would actually play it. A good game doesn't have a wasteland for a playerbase.

nigger please.

Attached: ggr2.jpg (202x250, 14K)

BASED. Who do you play?

it's small in comparison to the overall history of versus style games
and they all have the same playstyle
and there's like 7 Gokus

GG is so good that nobody wants to play it.

Imagine falseflagging as a GG player in 2019

>parry baiting and no ranged game: the game

Hey Op you posted the wrong image, don't worry though I got your back.

Attached: melty.jpg (640x573, 77K)

Millia, but i suck ass.

Several good games have wastelands for player bases. I don't know what kind of logic you're using. How good a game is isn't a popularity contest. Yea Forums would be so much better if retards like you got lynched en mass.

Is it worth getting UNIST with CLR coming soon?

I like Xrd as much as the next guy, but the Capcum gargler is right, there are a lot of posers who don't fucking play the game and just praise it all day on Reddit for upboats.
Whenever I went on the game last month there was only a singular lobby up for my region with 2 people in it, and it was a rematch lobby. They never let me play, and whenever I made my own lobby nobody would join for half an hour. I ended up just giving up on playing it.

Stop fucking pretending like anybody plays this shit.

Attached: 1531306737592.jpg (885x1200, 113K)

Based, I play Chipp and also suck. Want some sets?

Post a lobby literally right now and I will join it

good games get played.
you see more activity for 30 year old games like super turbo than the newest fucking GG game.

I mean if you're gonna falseflag as a anime player, at least shill UNIST since everyone is on board now, until they see the Wagner army and the japanese players breaking the narrative of "it's a anime game, but it doesn't have degenerate gameplay dude, just play it "

Reminder

Attached: file.png (1433x844, 180K)

>its just like street fighter with anime visuals xddd
I wish anime spergs werent such liars

>Capcom players think every other fighting game is "just SF but different bro"

Did you miss the part where I said I gave up on playing the game a month ago?
I would need to de-rust, go back in training mode and go through my autistic combo/blockstring/mixups document.
I'm not gonna bother, lol, because the game is dead, it's not worth it.
If you promise to make Yea Forums threads for the game every single day offering matches, even for EU (unlike the UNIST retards) I will start playing again, but good fucking luck with that considering even the general is a wasteland. lmao

Attached: 1558629420775.png (1200x672, 136K)

>No one joins my lobbies I don't create
Oh it must be the games fault no one joins lobbies that don't exist you fucking falseflagging retard

>it's small in comparison to the overall history of versus style games
you mean just mvc2? because no other versus game has much higher than 35 and it took them years to get there just as this game is only 1 year old

One autist will join if I leave it up for an hour, but do I really want to leave the game running for an entire hour just to play a few matches? No thanks.
>Just join others lobbies
People always tell me that I miss the EU lobbies because they're always full with 8 players, and that I don't see them because they get hidden, leaving only the rematch lobbies where nobody gets off the cab.
What a load of fucking bullshit, honestly. You GG autists are a bunch of fucking LARPers.

At least the new game will be alive for...uhh...2 weeks, yeah, I'll wait for that one.

You are wrong.

Attached: dio having a wank.gif (165x183, 81K)

Alright princess if I make a lobby are you going to join it or what?

Good games can go ignored and hidden. Again, retard logic.

Refer to my previous post. I quit the game. I'll only play if the playerbase gets revived, which it wont, so i'll wait for the next game.

Oh so you were a falseflagging shitter all along. Fuck off out of here

>he quit the game because it was dead so he has to be a falseflagger that never played! GG rulez! GG is aliveeee!!!!

Attached: 1540949918274.png (406x98, 51K)

UMvC3 also has 48

even MvCI has 36 despite being dead on arrival, and that game was also criticized for small roster

and you skipped the more important part where every DBFZ character looks the same and uses the same ki blasts and endless blockstring gameplay which gets boring really quick

Here's your last (You) falseflagging retard. Make lobbies or join them if you want to play the game you fucking idiot

nope.
must also be retarded if you think that a game with the word of mouth and exposure of GG is somehow hidden.
people just straight up refuse to play it, and a game without players is fucking useless.

Name 1 modern fighting game where that happened, just one

>Just join the non-existent lobbies, bro!

Attached: 1553840975456.jpg (465x594, 236K)

dense faggot

I already asked if you were going to join a lobby if I put one up and you said no

so does call of duty but that's irrelevant when we're talking about fighting games

You can only pick from 35 if you choose to buy the game three times

You do realize that the issue is that the general playerbase doesn't play, right?
(You) alone, are not a reliability. (You) won't be up to play every single day for more than 50 matches.
Shut the fuck up already retard, god you GG fags are so pride filled mother fuckers who can't accept that your game is fucking dead and abandoned. Not even ASW cares anymore, move on to their babby games already.

you dumb nigger he made it perfectly clear that he does not want to continue putting time into a game where you have to beg for lobbies and maybe see one idiot like once a month.
you making a lobby wont make a difference, the game is fucking dead.

>Doesn't play
>Have had games every day since I got it
I guess all that time I spent playing I wasn't playing. All those matches against people didn't actually happen

>It's a Yea Forums discuss fighting games thread

Attached: 1481396966296.gif (300x240, 1.95M)

user ONE fucking guys doesn't change the fact that no one gives a fucking shit about GG, especially when there's a new game with shitty balance again on the road

>tell people I play GG
>woah epic based fellower GGer lets get some lobbies going
>tell them I play Leo
>they want nothing to do with me anymore

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

>Beg for lobbies
>He doesn't create or join them
>But this is somehow everyone elses fault
He's a league player guaranteed
>Fighting game thread on Yea Forums
>Have to try and explain why fighting games are more than "random nigger tier button mashing nigger bullshit"
>It never works

There are multiple ways you could've found matches, it doesn't mean the game is alive, numbers don't lie.
>Make a lobby and autistically wait for 5 hours
>Have locals and just play with them
>Beg your friends to play
>Beg on the bot net furry tranny app

The actual matchmaking is dead, if I can't find a match in under 10 minutes, I don't want to play. It's not like I try looking for games at autistic hours either, I consistently hopped on at 5-6PM, and I only ever saw a rematch lobby up with even numbers of players in it that never got off.
Shut the fuck up already.

Attached: 1548819054495.png (259x224, 25K)

Do you want some sets? I rarely fight Leos
When I was new to GG I thought Leo was the highest IQ shit ever behind of his stances

Game looks amazing and is fitful to the source material.

But its realy not that good as a 2d figther it has way to many mechanics that completely ruin any form of game-play other than blocks string rush-down.

Based falseflagging ADHD riddled capcom faggot. Here's your last (You)

>I don't have an argument so I'm gonna throw a bunch of buzzwords at him!
Based retarded Daisuke cum gargling faggot

What's up with the autist so mad at GG?

Attached: 409.png (612x497, 399K)

The only alive anime game is unironically DBFZ, since you can get matches at any part of the world, without begging for lobbies, as shitty as the game is

Attached: 1550403547181.png (675x612, 29K)

The only non-retarded post ITT
including mine
My guess is something like
>Get wacky new anime fighter
>It's actually hard and requires a lot of effort
>Ditch it because learning is hard
>Shitpost
It's telling he plays SF

>If you don't enjoy waiting up to an hour to play a singular set you must have ADHD

Attached: 1557280271655.png (904x864, 437K)

I want to play a fighting game with neutral, not a millisecond of neutral into an hour long combo into an hour long cutscene super move.

I will play sets with you literally right this second if you post a lobby or join mine you dumb frogposter

you are literally below 50IQ

>Wah wah I can't get lobbies
>Make or join one
>WAH WAH

why do you entirely miss the point every time
do you think that you playing right now will make the game suddenly alive or something

what if I want to play again tomorrow at...2PM? will you be around to prove it isn't dead again? Will there even be a GG thread up?

Are you MajinObama?

>You can play GG without begging for lobbies, trust me bro!
>no its dead
>HEY! I'M OFFERING TO PLAY RIGHT NOW, IT ISN'T DEAD! JUST BEG ON Yea Forums TO GET MATCHES

Attached: 1537301509214.jpg (799x1200, 114K)

you must be a nigger

steam://joinlobby/520440/109775240948765348/76561198057187563
>Tomorrow at 2PM
Depending on your region I probably will be. I'll make GG threads tomorrow with lobbies
The game is alive, I've had matches every single day.
I am not

hey buddy how about you make guilty gear threads at this hour every day so we can get something going like the unist trannies
you seem to care a lot about the health of the game and people calling it dead seems to piss you off, so create a place where people can play

Attached: 1550560609655.jpg (474x632, 55K)

What if you're both from totally different region?

>Aussie Chipp
DUDE, you LITERALLY were begging for cross continental matches on /afgg/ the other day, because you can't find matches

LMFAO

Attached: 1556718233247.png (360x400, 250K)

retard played himself, as expected

cross continental "play" literally isn't considered as playing the game in GG

>australian
fuck off

lmao I was right

Oh yeah you're right, if you want matches at 3am in Australia you do have to ask.
I will. I have a lobby up right now too
steam://joinlobby/520440/109775240948765348/76561198057187563

It's definitely the best looking. The current meta is pretty good too.

Honestly my biggest gripe is the fact that a quarter of the roster is Goku. So when you play online or watch others play it's always GOKU GOKU BARDOCK VS GOKU GOKU AND GOKU.

If they expand the roster with more non-Goku characters, and maybe add some new stages and unique animations it would be 10/10.

PS. Anyone who complains about the neutral has a 70 IQ, the neutral is perfectly balanced. Super dashing is effectively the same as a "jump in" tactically speaking except it needs to exist due to how prevalent projectiles and beams are. It's basically the classic versus fighting game schema, with a little more thought put into it.

Attached: 1525006808149m.jpg (1024x431, 45K)

That's a scrub excuse

All anime games except DBFZ are dead in australia

discord games are dogshit

its not truly a thing in any game, ESPECIALLY not delay based games like GG.

the neutral is shit.
marvel games have way stronger projectiles and the game doesnt need an anti neutral retard mechanic like that to work.

The game is extremely dead in EU, my man.
Playing above 5f delay is not really playing anymore, unless you're some kind of casual.

EU is generally more populated in comparison to AUS, so I feel like you're completely bullshiting about being able to find matches every single day, unless you really do play with burgers in ridiculous delay, or beg on trannycord.

Attached: 1532953354337.jpg (240x320, 68K)

I think you dropped this.

Attached: 37156_medium.jpg (400x566, 74K)

I'm not lying, the highest delay match I've had was 9f.
Yea Forums is just idiotic about fighting games and would rather shitpost and go OH NONONONO instead of actually play even when there's a lobby up

I hope the sequel makes form changing a mechanic so we don't have so many duplicate characters clogging up the roster. One Goku per team, maximum. Having more than one of the same character on a team just looks sloppy and stupid.

Marvel has retard pushblock, 1 touch deaths, incoming mixup

It’s not fun

>with a little more thought put into it

Attached: 1547063840396.jpg (641x1024, 41K)

clearly more fun than dbz, given how long the scene lasted.
pushblock is a great mechanic btw.

>9f
jesus christ

>the marvel games

Yeah, spamming Storm, Magneto, and Sentinels projectiles all day sure makes for interesting gameplay, right?

Play more video games before opening your mouth here, zoomer. Your ignorance is blinding.

Attached: 1558323402176.png (720x692, 343K)

>Dodging lobbies
jesus christ

Look, Pikachu, I like GG too but with how long it takes to find matches in my own region, I don't want to bother with it anymore.
If it was alive, i'd be playing it still, but I got so fucking pissed off after finding no matches whenever I got on I quit. So all the people praising GG and not playing it get on my nerves hard.
I'm not calling you a poser like the other guy, but if you really do even engage in the community a little bit, you'll find that a lot of people do just pretend to play GG for the prestige.
I don't want to play with US or AUS with over 5f of delay either.

Attached: 1535262292174.jpg (1200x1200, 189K)

and dbfz has 15 second blockstuns and a neutral that consists of cautiously bouncing around doing nothing because of the ever looming threat of someone hitting the get in free button

>spamming Storm, Magneto, and Sentinels projectiles all day sure makes for interesting gameplay, right?
it actually does. playstyle variety is a nice thing and its incredibly lacking in dbz which makes the game shit.
also hilarious that some dbfz subhuman is calling anybody else a zoomer.

I've literally never encountered anyone pretending to play GG for prestige. Is this an unironically american thing?

you must be new to the internet

I've definitely encountered the type in Starcraft, who go "Yeah man Brood War was the best, I was so into it" only to find out they played UMS for like 2 hours and that was it

It's probably an american thing since they're the majority of the english FGC.

You'll see them praise the game like its the second coming of Christ, but if asked to play they'll say they don't play it because it's too hard and prefer to just watch EVO and other majors.

>given how long it lasted

Yeah it lasted until Dragon Ball Fighter Z came out and promptly died.

Were you not paying attention to Marvel vs. Capcom infinite? That style of gameplay is solved. There's no intrigue in a game where the first person to bombard their opponent with projectiles and land a ToD wins. It's stale. Rewards spamming, etc.

DBFZ punishes spammers. The auto-combos are purely cosmetic, they do the least amount of damage possible and scale your damage down to nothing.

>mvci died because of dbfz
>mvci died because of gameplay
lmao

most of the internet is like that when it comes to fighting games.
gets annoying when those people people share their hot takes that are based on nothing or what they heard online. also bad when they create this impression that some games are alive.
nothing worse than asking online if a game is active, getting told that its active, dropping 60$+ and realizing that its fucking dead.

>and they all have the same Playstyle
False
>and there's like 7 Gokus
Wrong, only 4, and they all play differently. I do agree Base Goku is a waste though.

>You'll see them praise the game like its the second coming of Christ, but if asked to play they'll say they don't play it because it's too hard and prefer to just watch EVO and other majors.
That's being honest, which means they're not posers. If they were posers they'd make excuses.

I like watching Tekken but no fucking shit it's too hard to play, you really expect me to master a glitch just so I can do basic fucking movement? Get the fuck out of here.

Marvel is dead and you need to accept the fact that it died for many reasons, zoomer.

The meta was SOLVED. The winning strategy could be written in one paragraph on a post-it note. DBFZ is more complex and better looking. Accept it.

Attached: IMG950485.jpg (171x240, 6K)

I'm in a 7 man lobby at 1:35am in Australia ni GG, it's alive

goku
yellow goku
blue goku
pink goku
young goku
old goku
vegeta goku
goku vegeta

>The auto-combos are purely cosmetic

Have you ever even played the game? Characters like Cell and Bardock have L-L-L chains with godly range, speed, and especially tracking, whipping around 180 to kick your shit anywhere on screen. This is made 10x worse because light autocombos still come out on whiff, literally encouraging spamming that shit all day.

It's literally one of the most complained about problems of the game.

UMvC3>Guilty Gear>MvCI>MvC2>Skullgirls>>>>rest of versus games>DBFZ>BBCross
Not saying that DBFZ is not fun, but still is mediocre at best

It's literally nauseating how many gokus there are. There should be a one Goku per team rule.

Attached: maxresdefault (9).jpg (1280x720, 252K)

your neutral game sir?

Attached: ceo2019.webm (852x480, 2.93M)

now THIS is the ultimate posers game

Close, but Third Strike takes the prize

>AUTOCOMBOS ARE SO BROKEN!!11

Anyone who's actually played the game can tell you they do close to no damage and any supers you try to connect after they land do a fraction of the damage they should.

They're cosmetic, it's the same as dropping a combo except it looks better. Anyone using auto combos will lose 100% of the time to someone who uses optimal/manual combos. The damage difference is like night and day.

THAT'S THE POINT.

at least people actually play 3s

nah, at least some still play turd strikers on kusojcade, literally nobody plays +r

I get what you mean about posers with 3S
>Man 3S was the best fighting game, nothing comes close
>Why?
>uhhhh the sprites, moment 37 uhhh

True, but you got way way way more people talking about 3S like the second coming of Christ, than GG AAARAACACCC++++, those are only into GG discussion

>Man +R is so good, nothing comes close
>Why?
>uhhhhh hard execution i cant do myself, uhhhhh, FRC, uhhhh

Good shit

Better than Tekken 7's movement autism

Attached: IdealisticDeficientAmericanrobin-size_restricted.gif (340x290, 3.81M)

They never seem to understand the argument that if they're so good at +R, why aren't they also good at the "dumbed down" version

yrc bad

>IM A RETARD!!!!1

Not interested in continuing this conversation, just want to tell you that you have no idea what you're talking about. Sorry.

I have almost 1000 hours and can say, with confidence, certain autocombos when done halfway(bardock) or even fully(base vegeta/gotenks/yamcha)+assists provide with godly AAs and pressure.

Are you sure you're the one that hasn't played?

>is on your opponents team
hiya

Attached: Goku_(GT)_Artwork.png (609x933, 96K)

It's the most shallow 2D fighting game in existence

Damage scaling, you imbecile.

Attached: 1561317363991.png (400x298, 136K)

>haha you cant jump and gotta take those fuzzies all day from anywhere on the screen now
godammit all to hell this character

Where did I write about damage brain deficiency-kun?

Not really youre just seething like most anti melee fags.

Imagine being this mad that your preferred fighting game got cut out of Evo

Attached: HarshMetallicAmericanblackvulture-size_restricted.gif (446x251, 437K)

I wish more people played Melty Blood so I could actually sink time in it to get good
but with no players theres almost no incentive to spend time learning
which is a shame because it's surprisingly good

i stopped playing before he was added what does he do?

Slightly less damage is a fine trade off for the fucking insane hitboxes, active frames, and tracking of SOME of the cast's autocombos

Even with less damage, snapbacks/oki are a HUGE advantage

this isn't even getting into how clipping an enemy with the 2nd/3rd hit of a light chain does MORE damage than the conventional 5m starters

you keep bringing up damage scaling and you don't even know how it works. Just stop replying.

yeah but dbz is dead too and it only took a year.

they use Discord

user this is a fighting game thread. you're welcome to talk about melee somewhere else

I like how everybody is scared of pressing buttons because they all have no range

Hahahaha you fgc fags never stop making me laugh.
>b-b-but is no fighting game durrrr!
Keep seething retard.

And everyone can bypass neutral by using 2 mechanics

youtube.com/watch?v=MliX3jsnihI

Attached: file.png (546x512, 61K)

You lost the argument and now you're just trying to invent an alternate universe where you won. The damage scaling isn't even close. You're comparing 1/10th of a bar of health to a third of a bar of health (or more with meter)

You have no idea what you're talking about. Stop trying to invent facts. Play a video game before speaking like an authority on one.

Pathetic.

Attached: Dz9atExUwAAVVZv.jpg (1200x675, 127K)

>babbies first fighting game

and I should know since even I could easily learn even some very advanced combos and I am absolute shit at these types of games.

yeah because the buttons are so shit that its hard to check those neutral bypass mechanics.

>WAH WAH SMASH IS A FIGHTING GAME
>also fuck fighting games
lmao every time. take a shower

Attached: stinkyday.jpg (1152x2048, 397K)

His assist is a 30-40° angled kamehame from the ground. This angle makes it especially hard to not get caught in it even on the air. Getting caught includes blocking it in the air.

Lets say you block it in the air then. At the height you got caught is the perfect height for you being in blockstun all the way to the ground. That means opponent can do IAD approaches to you and you gotta guess. They can also do fuzzies if they have them. Bardock/Agohan/yamcha/jL that would usually work from a snap situation? This assist creates that exact situation without having to snap.

And convieniently its also at the perfect angle where it can tag snapped opponent when they're coming in. Lastly, the blockstun of the assist is on par with all other beams which is very good blockstun.

And this is just his assist stuff. As a whole, this character is probably as good or even better than bardock atm. Not a single team he can't fit in.

>combos are everything

Attached: 1538570155393.png (483x638, 186K)

I didn't even mention EVO, what are you on about?

>from first place to amongst the bottom barrel kusoge within a single year
oh dear

Attached: 1484324843084.png (240x244, 76K)

>take a shower
Dont you get tired of the same dead meme?
>also fuck fighting games
I didnt even say that you braindead sperg. i like fighting games and that includes melee. Any other dead memes youd like to throw my way?

>Make a joke about a shower option select
>They literally don't understand it

Not even better than the Hyper dbz fan game

so what exactly makes DBFZ good then ? certainly not the roster since almost all fighters play basically the same or are literally Goku.

And I dont see the neutral being a cut above the competition either.. so tell me user what makes it goood then ? Only thing I can think of is the graphics and artstyle that is top notch otherwise nothing comes to mind...

Attached: 1482436030604.gif (250x251, 1002K)

>Dont you get tired of the same dead meme?
i get tired of your stench around our fighting game threads smashfag
>i like fighting games and that includes melee
>melee
>fighting game
LMAO!

Attached: 1481994161255.jpg (280x261, 22K)

>graphics, characters, combos
Only valid point is neutral, and just because it isn't slow doesn't mean the game doesn't have neutral.

How does Tekken do it?

Attached: 1466686881530.png (288x285, 85K)

Keep repeating the same tired lines fgcuck. Melee is a fighting game whether you want to admit it or not. Im glad to see how much it makes you seethe though :)

so you just tell me my arguments arent valid yet you fail to mention something that is good when I just want one or two simple things it does better than the competition ? says enough about the game imo.

Do yourself a favor and go to your local bowling alley, buy the shoes, and rent the lane, then input your name as DUMBASS on the monitor. When the pins are all set up. Charge down the lane and launch yourself into the pins and DIE SCREAMING YOU INSUFFERABLE FAGGOT! SCREAM AS THE MACHINE TAKES YOU AND RIPS YOU TO PIECES, LET THE LAUGHTER OF CHILDREN DROWN OUT YOUR CRIES AS YOUR BONES ARE REARRANGED AND YOUR SEVERED HEAD ROLLS OUT OF TGE BALL RETURN.

Attached: giphy (2).gif (828x828, 1.09M)

Came out at the perfect time

It's not even a very good Kekken game compared to Kekken 5 or even Kekken 3, it's just that every other fighting game has declined in quality faster and harder than even it has.

the speed is not the issue.
its all the trash neutral skip mechanics that make the neutral awful.

Melee is a real
*rips out KI setup*
fighting game alright stop
*is a nintendie party game*
insulting us we're all
*makes a shitty rap song*
the FGC right so stop
*boos other people*
making us look bad
*shits self*
*molests kids*

has a retarded shill army backed by Aris and Tasty Steve.

Nothing, SF V just fucked up really bad, and every other fighting game is subpar, since mostly are made by Arcsys, or are related to it

So is GG dead now that arcsys keeps on getting these license deals?

Attached: 53096361_p4_master1200.jpg (482x1200, 213K)

>Just had a lobby filled with people
Bros...what a dead game....

>m-m-melee is a fighting game
you call others fgcfags because you aren't a part of the fighting game community and never will be. keep seething

Attached: 1484333091932.png (552x543, 358K)

you good, user?

Attached: 1535927134659.png (446x492, 57K)

and this

gee willikers one whole lobby !

>do SD
>they block and backdash
>back to neutral

>GG IS DEAD NO LOBBIES ANYWHERE
>What about all these matches I've had with 3f or under in the lobbies
>T-those don't count

What is it about this board and wanting games to always fucking fail?

Reminder the strongest argument is to simply say "Melee players fuck kids" and show them the proof of Eikelmann.
Honestly if they're shitposting like, "Your game is dead" just say "well at least we don't fuck kids"

tortanic happened

how's your playercount, fgcfag? How's it feel knowing Smash doesn't even NEED to be a fighting game to kill you fuckers LOL

>I don't like fast fighters so DBFZ sucks
subjective opinion, go play samsho

This thread is actually pretty nice

I love Dragon Ball and i love this game mostly because i love Dragon Ball but you are way off. There are only a handful of characters with interesting combo routes, the roster is mostly Goku and the core mechanics are not well thought out. Like superdash, i'm not complaining it exists but it's way to effective, not only it is safe on block but you get an air option and can call assists too, that doesn't seem right for a move that basically says "fuck neutral". The game has a lot of potential and it's in the bestplace it has ever been but no amount of patches will fix it's problems, we can only wait for the next installment and hope they learn from their mistakes.

Attached: 1533529660892.png (1175x659, 430K)

I like fast fighters.
DBFZ is trash though.

The super fash doesn't skip the neutral, it just bypasses small projectiles and weak attacks. It's a risky, reactable option that gets punished by launchers, beams, and supers.

The only real safe time to super dash is if you read your opponent committing to small projectiles or whiffing normals. That's why pros aren't super dashing constantly, they try to bait the opponent into super-dashing by safely sneaking in little projectiles, assists and safe pressure- so they can PUNISH the super dash.

Also super dash doesn't start optimal combos as well as launchers, normals, and dragon rushes do. It's very situation specific. Noobies might spam it but no high level player does.

What's the optimal manual string in this game for most players? L>L>dM>M>jump>L>M>L>L>M>uH>L>M>M>reset?

*u means up cause i dunno the autistic weeb joystick notation.

I am learning Vegito and I played against another who seemed like he was doing an infinite because his combo ends with S.

I dont care about your lies.

>he admits defeat
thought so

just like how I don't concern myself with how well FIFA is doing, smash is literally irrelevant, even more so now that you're stinking up one less spot at our premiere event. feels good man

Attached: hungrybox.webm (346x192, 2.98M)

>we can only wait for the next installment and hope they learn from their mistakes.
But that's the problem
financially, there were no mistakes so a next installment would either have little to no evolution or just be even worse than this one is

>I dunno the autistic weeb joystick notation
Look at the keypad on your keyboard user. 5 is the neutral state, 8 is up, 236 is a quarter circle motion etc. It's not hard to follow.

Attached: 61oz6DJCwbL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1499, 95K)

>replying to someone who says weeb

It's effectively just a jump-in with extra start-up animation in return for immunity to light attacks. There's nothing OP about it. It's highly committal.

Attached: 1560307355077.jpg (700x400, 69K)

Where were you when mi padre Shanks destroyed SonicFraud?

Attached: shanksvssf.jpg (1280x720, 161K)

idc, reply to what the actual question is, instead of getting your furry suit matted with precum. I just wanna make weebs like u mad online.

>superdash is fair
>autocombos are cosmetic
its the same autist isnt it?

>idc, reply to what the actual question is
I would but I'm not translating into retard for you

in what world is superdash not fair? literally everyone can superdash

superdash is retarded is the angle you're looking for

But that's BBTAG

you realize Smash will have someone in the eSports Hall of Fame before any other fighting game right ?

>Who is Daigo

sassy fags today. I like the 3v3 engine in place, assist is an assist. Delayed super, yadda yadda. But nothing more, i'd rather have that time taken up with actual hits (face buttons).
DBZF handles being behind your opponent differently. you can still guard but you must adjust. The most annoying thing in the game is how fast some of the roster can put you in hard knockdown.... YAMCHA. Nappa/Videl/Base Geetz here.

Came home from work, saw the clip, laughed my ass off.

>eSports Hall of Fame

literally who?

That eats any 2H all day long. air dashes are much more fitting

sry sweetie but your precious player didnt make the cut just yet whereas Armada is due to join the hall of fame in a few weeks as he is in prime position in the current voting cycle

esportshall.com/

>projecting this hard
Pathetic

real "casuals" dont even know what Yea Forums is

Yea Forums is one of the most casual friendly boards on this site and fighting game threads like these are a case example of that fact.

I really love FighterZ and it makes me sad that
>hardcore FGC motherfuckers hate it
>DBZ fans hate it because it's not a turn-based card game
>I didn't git gut fast enough to enjoy the prime online period

Attached: ce1.gif (500x541, 1.94M)

>didn't git gut fast enough to enjoy the prime online period
Its the anime fighter curse. Online dies after 6 months at best. Buying immediately and enjoying active online + making friends with people who play during that time period is the best you can do and hope for.

one of the main reasons why I usually dont bother with fighting games anymore. The games are only really active for 3-6 months at best and as soon as something new comes out the community moves on so I have to buy a fullprice game every few months and put in time to adapt to it again.

>Anymore
>Implying you were ever going to get into them
fighting game threads on Yea Forums are a joke

I used to be quite into them as a kid/teen when I had a group of friends to sit around the TV and play against each other over and over again. We werent anything special but we were atleast decent at Soul Calibur 2 and some older Tekken game. However I never really got into the online side of things and eventually we would rather hang out drinking than playing vidya.

it's the same "no *character I pretend I main* no buy" excuse, same shit with SFV and the lack of Arcade mode

>Do this random thing, record it, AND convert it to prove yourself to a random stranger before the thread dies!

This has always been a shit argument and means nothing, you should both kill yourselves.

Imagine wanting a fighting game where players instead of being encouraged of getting into "up close and personal" high- stakes fights, to zone in the stage's corner and spam projectiles all day. Pls jump from a bridge like etika did and spare us from your stupidity

Attached: FB_IMG_15598140448586390.jpg (533x536, 166K)

I know it doesn't but good luck explaining that to a nigger. So I replied to the shitpost with another shitpost.

Pfffftttt ahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahagagagagagaggahahahahahahahahahaha. Dbfz is the biggest dog turd of a fighting game ever. Enjoy your literal 1 minute long block strings retard

Games like Street Fighter and Tekken have long lasting communities. For anime fighters you're pretty fucked though since everyone just plays whatever had the most recent release.

137 is more than enough to get a game though.

It's a shitpost, but the point of it is that despite being very highly praised all over the FGC, it only has 1/10th of SFV's PC playerbase on the tournament standard (PS4). And people shit on SFV all over the place

More than half of these players are on Japan/Asia especially on PS4

There are, but there are people like that with every fighting game. The only ones that really irk me though are the ones that say how they want to play this game or that game, but they can't because the game is "dead." It's usually not even true and the game just has a small playerbase, and constantly calling it great but dead just encourages more people who don't know what they're talking about to go on about how great it is but then never actually play it.

There's 100-200 people online daily for me which is not a lot, but is enough. Just because it has people who talk it up without playing it doesn't mean nobody plays it.

I couldn't find people in game to play with for two whole weeks, during the afternoon. You must all be americans.
No, I'm not gonna go on your circle jerk discord to ask for matches. Or rely on Yea Forums. Or rely on /vg/. Or rely on Reddit, whatever.

I'm European, I've never used discord or any of that and have played GG almost daily for the past couple of years, just with some breaks taken, including one right now because I've been playing SamSho instead.

I agree with that, I just don't think it's fair to claim it's dead based on that playerbase though.

It's still enough to get a game with relative ease.

I played it more then SFV and GGxrd but I can say its objectively worse then even those two. I'm a huge dragonballfag so thats why I kept playing.

Attached: pic.jpg (1280x720, 114K)

>get on
>only room up is a rematch lobby with 2 people in it
the weirdest part is that there is always a light green slayer player in them

8 man lobbies disapearing is nerve racking. Even if I can't join one, I'd be able to wait until someone leaves if you know, it actually showed me whether or not one exists

does anybody else here play fighting games almost exclusively for singleplayer ladder or am I just a turbo autist

I do play.Just offline only because I'm nervous of getting steamrolled. And also, haven't had the best experience with the community.

Attached: 1464901996162.jpg (650x487, 76K)

I don't get it
there isn't much a difference between getting steam rolled offline at your locals and online

I don't have locals, user.I meant offline offline.

The first 6-7 months were so much fun. Finding matches was really easy in any ELO and you could see how people were coming up with different strats, setups and combos every week. I reached top 1000 and stopped playing, but when I came back the playerbase had decreased immensely. At least the competitive pro scene is more fun than it's ever been.

Is this on PC?, I'm just checking on PS4, seeing as that's where I play it, but I have never had an issue getting a game in EU so long as I wasn't playing late at night. I'm looking at the lobbies now and even with the abnormally low amount of people online, I'm guessing because if SamSho, there's a lobby up with a few people and a 3 bar connection, and just one lobby like that is all you need. It's not a rematch lobby either, and I have to say I rarely see this anyway.

yeah its on pc

If i start a PC lobby will anyone join? I can streamit too

Attached: vegito corner bnb.webm (720x480, 2.19M)

sure user post twitch

region?

NA EC

Attached: DRAGON BALL FighterZ Screenshot 2018.07.23 - 20.04.03.15.png (1920x1080, 3.52M)

>NA
EU here, lets not

CLR, that or unist on sale

>EU
LMAO

Attached: 1541945111150.gif (580x651, 2.8M)

lmao all you want, its you who aint getting matches tonight

>most of the roster is just some variant of Goku

5L whiff L starter is one of the best in game and can lead to TODs. Do you even play the game?

>up back

yes

Attached: IMG_20190416_151732.jpg (4224x3168, 2.76M)

Why do people like to assume everyone has locals?

Compfags hate it because it's shallows
Casuals hate it because it's all Goku

Who is this game for and why did they fuck up so hard?

>Compfags hate it because it's shallows
I'm a compfag and I love it.

KI is the best game. Great netcode, in depth neutral, easy bnbs with hard optimal combos, wide variety of archetypes, good balance of playstyles, great OST, great character designs, 90 tick with consistent 60 visual FPS, low input lag, etc.

I can't think of a reason to hate KI besides being a weeb

It's boring, on a dead system, and no one plays it

Injustice 2 has some good in there

If you're a compfags you've noticed the massive drop in entrants. People don't even like mentioning it.

I don't like the combo breaker system. And lots of the animations look jank, like they're playing at double the intended speed.

>It's boring
Not with everyone you can play
>Dead system
PC with crossplay
>no one plays
10 second queues even at 3am

>giving even the slightest shit about story mode

You are what is killing fighting games.

Get good
Feel and input vs looks. Too many games have slow moves for the sake of aesthetic it makes the game unfun to play. KI has no shame in going fast like SF2 Turbo

>TIME TO DIE

Attached: file.png (317x499, 113K)

I have.
And?

I'll just play games I actually find fun that don't look jank, thanks.

I played a bit of UNIST, but I never gotten to the game that hard. What makes it so much "Not Street Fighter"?

DBFZ is not actually 2D retard

Why do people in the "FGC" always need to shit on SFV so much? I swear, it's like they think everything good that happens in the FGC is a referendum on SFV.
Why is Tekken getting more popular than ever before.
>Because SFV sucks, and people are dropping the game
Why is UNIST getting so much of a cult following?
Why is Samsho actually living up to its hype?

Attached: 1552539800655.jpg (626x354, 20K)

Based

Nah, USFIV takes the Cake by a long shot.

recording shit doesnt take more than five minutes these days.

> story
> playing an inherently competitive multiplayer game alone

cheatbox?

Hitbox, he's just a retarded stick user.

>buy xenoverse 2 thinking it's fighterz (i wanted android 21)
>realize my mistake
>read reviews everywhere saying fighterz is a fun game but not a good fighting game
>everyone here is praising it
what the fuck

> popular means good

Attached: miek.png (267x244, 90K)

Attached: Stand-02_58ab44ab-c071-4fb0-a53e-a957d757c564.png (3456x1948, 3.53M)

pad actually

Dude I got into fighting games with FighterZ but be real with yourself

It's a oki/blockstun fest, like any anime game, the only difference is that the game gives you a little more time to breathe compared to GG or BB

Attached: Mike Ross.webm (800x450, 2.92M)

Guy who dropped the game here. It's fun, but very flawed. I think it's one of, if not the best game to get into if you want to get into competitive fighters, but it's deeply flawed, especially at the higher levels of play. You should have fun and be able to fit gud at the same time, so I would go for it

He's talking about UNIST, not SFV

Attached: 1560941105151.gif (100x100, 26K)

Attached: Mike Ross2.webm (598x720, 2.82M)

welp, it's still on sale. Might as well. thx fren

There's never been a good FG story, don't sweat it.
>small roster
Are you blind?

Tekken's story mode sucked ass too. The only good part was the last chapter, which apparently is worse in retrospect because they, for some reason, retconned Heihachi's and Kazuya's whole character to make Hei the hero and Kazuya the villain because Bandai has no idea how to write a fucking story.

Attached: Cyborg.gif (500x637, 2.25M)

Are you sure you're not talking about SFV instead?

In the corner with 18!

>her face when

Attached: Smug Cyborg.png (297x312, 130K)

SEQUEL WHEN?! I'LL BUY THE SCARLET ON RELEASE!

>Capsoy gets his game mixed with a legitimate fighter that people love
Cringe and bluepilled

>He actually thinks this
Yikes

Don't you have some Red Bull to drink shill?

red bull is delicious, wtf

THE BIGGIE

>Melee kiddy still butthurt about his game dieing
Take a shower

what's wrong with drinking Red Bull?

It's not good as SF

X X X X X X X X X X X X -> MMMMONSTER COMBO