Aight fellas i have this base and i want an excuse to make a really tall tower just for the fuck of it...

Aight fellas i have this base and i want an excuse to make a really tall tower just for the fuck of it, but i also want it to actually be /useful/ instead of just being a monolith to my lost time. Any ideas?
Also lemme see your builds, Anons. I want to get some inspiration.

Attached: 2019-06-28_20.56.01.png (1280x720, 816K)

Here's a different angle from the top of the tree.

Attached: 2019-07-02_19.16.30.png (1280x720, 1.39M)

that's cozy

Not mine but

Attached: 2018-09-13_12.10.11.png (1920x1080, 3.58M)

My village. Tower has enchanting and brewing stuff

Attached: received_1291472914325324.png (1920x1001, 1.59M)

That's a pretty cool looking tower but i don't think i do enough brewing and enchanting to warrant a whole building dedicated to it. Also it's really hard to get books since i'm in an infinite river biome and cows don't spawn here.
I like the idea of putting some kind of emblem to represent my lil island.
y-you too (thanks)

>quadral
good taste

>doesnt enchant
you can quadruple your dimond mining with fortune 3
also once you start using speed, feather and night vision potions its like ayy lmao

On my world huge rainbow tower was also sheep farm. Each floor was full of different colour sheep.

i found the heart od the sea, is it worth making that nautilus thing?

Link for resource pack?

I ain't that far in the game my man, i barely have 2 diamond pickaxes and iron armor
That sounds funny but sheep also don't spawn here. The only non-fish i've gotten so far is an infertile chicken i managed to separate from a zombie jockey.

>my blocky mess looks better than your blocky mess
just go for function
you can never achieve form on a game that bland

I only really built the tower cus I thought it would look cool lole

curseforge com/minecraft/texture-packs/quadral-pack
Blocky messes are exactly what i'd get if i went for pure function over form and i refuse to let my island look as messy as your average redstone circuit.
dude thats pretty epic

que? you can get diamond in the first hour. your strat should be get wood pickaxe into stone, mine a bit and get iron, dig down to 5-12 and mine around for a bit. youll get like 20 diamond easy. then build armour and a nether portal. oh and set up a farm and make a composter.

on that note does anyone know a good auto composter? does one even exist?

also dude just explore the fucking map. find a sheep and lure it with wheat. and breed chickens with eggs.....

what are the best texture packs?

Go on an expedition for cows, you can lead them through nether portals to your base or make two trips on a boat. Big part of the fun is making sure you can get what you need renewably

Why not make one with hoppers? Chest, hopper, composter, hopper, chest. Then just shove anything you want composted into it. That should work yeah?

Obviously make a lighthouse or something, I say put it on that island right before your sugarcane farm.

Just started a new map and I'm starting to build a home. What yah think?

Attached: 2019-07-07_08.37.24.png (1920x1053, 1.14M)

yeah good idea, ive never really done any of the crafting the game intends, i fucking cheesed it the first time i actually ran it.

I already have a strip mine on level 5 and i've found 26 diamond but i'll be real with you: I'm scared shitless that i'm gonna die by lava and i'll lose my diamonds. Also-
Sadly i can't get any kind of land-based animal here. I'm playing in a buffet world set to an infinite river biome and animals can't spawn here by any means other than chicken jockeys. It sucks but at least i got a pet.

Attached: 2019-06-29_22.43.19.png (1280x720, 397K)

heres my crappy alpha world i've been working on, i dont have anything against newer minecraft, but it just isnt doing it for me

Attached: minecraftworld1.png (1440x848, 695K)

Shit dude i never even considered a lighthouse. That's a cool idea and i can actually see myself doing it. Thanks user.

needs a 2nd floor otherwise its good

How do I go about making an underwater base smack dab right in middle of the ocean with no island/landbase to extend from nearby?

You're welcome. Also reccomend maybe make your walkway look a bit nicer rather than it being a line of blocks.
Made pic related recently on a server with skyblock.

Attached: 2019-07-03_11.44.27.png (1298x745, 439K)

oh god it looks comfy as FUCK boy

I have such a mental block on building stuff, all I've really gotten in my new world is a basic house that I can't even finish because I can't be happy with anything I try to spice it up with.
I have a lot more fun exploring and gathering resources, but I never know how to put them to use.
I was think about making a beach hut and a some kind of shady black market vendor in a cave but I figure bringing the ideas to life will be just as much of a struggle as the house.

Attached: 2019-07-07_12.59.48.png (2498x1417, 2.15M)

I meant from a top down, just shove compost into the top most chest, or things that make compost, let it run, open other chest, pull out compost. Should work I think.

>put diamonds in chest
>dont keep on person
again you can t least breed phillip in enough time

im feeling it, all this extra stuff is just like, why?

I'm in your spot OP, build the tree recently but can't figure what to put on the platform. I was thinking maybe a scaled down version of all the nearby landmarks but I'm not sure yet

Attached: home1.png (1919x1003, 964K)

Heres the main lobby up that staircase and into that tunnel to the right. The trees are a work in progress, they take up too much space if they're not trimmed down like that. The door with the glass leads to a zombie spawner which i used for a feather farm

Attached: minecraftworld2.png (1440x848, 510K)

Totally. To be honest the line of blocks is just a relic from when i tried to spawn animals using the grass square trick before realising it doesn't work. and that's a nice bridge design.
Try to make a new world in some crazy unusual terrain with no plans of building anything. It makes things WAY more interesting than just vanilla building.
I mean i could certainly breed Philip in the chicken fucking sense, but it wouldn't give me any results since the poor sod can't seem to be capable of laying eggs even after hours of waiting right next to him.

>a scaled down version of all the nearby landmarks
that sounds adorable you should do that