G2A VS INDIES: ROUND THREE

>Petition to “Stop Selling Indie Games on G2A” Gains Traction

>Descenders developer Mike Rose started a petition to stop selling indie games on G2A.
>Close to 3000 people have signed the petition and many of them are reportedly indie developers.
>The goal is 5000 signatures so the petition is gaining traction faster than expected.
>According to the petition, indie devs make up for the majority of the gaming industry
>Mike Rose shared his breakdown of G2A’s statement, but the problem is his eyes is the perception of value.

>If a potential a buyer sees their “game at a low price on G2A, they’ll automatically be less inclined to buy full price,” said Rose
>G2A says that they do care about the games industry, the industry they profit from every day. We suggest that G2A could surely take an 8% hit to their sales if it means making 99% of developers in the industry happier, and allowing us to retain the perceived value of our games.
>Because of this "pretty good handling", it means that we're far less inclined to get involved with things like, for example, a Humble Bundle, as we know all the keys will appear on G2A afterwards, and tank our Steam sales from that point onwards. *This* is the issue with G2A
>G2A say barely any copies of Descenders have sold on G2A, but *this isn't the fucking point*.
>The problem is the *perception of value*. If someone sees our game at a low price on G2A, they'll automatically be less inclined to buy full price.

archive.fo/z88Cl

Attached: tinybuild.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WycVOCbeKqQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

make better games retards so it wont be worth less than 50cents

Fuck indie devs. They're nothing but failed artists.

Maybe, maaaaybe your games aren’t worth that much if people flock to G2A to get them for a better price. Just saying.

>i should be allowed to put my game on sale for whatever price i want for however long i want
>YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO RESELL IT
Get fucked idiots, first-sale doctrine isn't going anywhere. Next time limit your stock if you want to do a sale.

Wasn't this dude telling people to pirate his games rather than use g2a? What's all this "perception of value" bullshit? I thought the issue was that g2a doesn't vet keys, which allows people to sell ones bought with stolen credit cards.

His game is being sold as steam gift, not key. So he backtracked on that and has to find a new angle for his crusade. The he can't understand that it's his pricing in some countries that leads to it is the truly astonishing thing.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-07 Suchergebnisse - Descenders+ - G2A COM.png (1222x615, 159K)

Press D to dab on Indieniggers

Wait so this whole crusade against Goys2Adults is good old fashioned libcuck hatred of the free market?

Yes. They think that it's still their game even though they sold it to you.

That's giving them too much credit. They just want attention.
I mean, did you buy Descenders? Did you even know what that was without looking it up?

Can't G2A just ignore the petition? Its not a law or anything

Game reselling has been a thing for ages. Why is it so wrong now?

Attached: 1536008378882.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

>This guy said he's a YouTube influencer and wants to review my game and do a giveaway. Better send him 100 keys!
>oh no he lied and now they're on G2A. Better accuse them of stealing and credit card fraud!
>Guys we did it! We finally stopped G2A and put them out of business!
>oh no now everyone uses cdkeys, kinguin, etc
What do they hope to get from all of this? Just don't be a fucking idiot and your game won't show up for 30 cents on key sites.

I started to realise that in 2019 people think that being anti-consumer=being pro consumer because they falsely imply that anti consumer=pro dev and pro dev=pro consumer
and it's wrong because most devs don't care

Why are western indie devs always whiny cunts?

lol based g2a making these indie garbage devs seething

reminder if you're a consumer you have literally no reason to be mad about this, unless you're some kind of pathetic indie dev bootlicker

Exactly.
>Dev puts game in a humble/fanatical bundle/monthly
>"Oh neat there's only one game I want from this bundle. And it's going for 80 cents on G2A."
>reeeeee think of the devs YOURE LITERALLY STEALING ITS WORSE THAN PIRACY

Oh no some people signed a petition I guess that means I have to shut down my business

lol it's insane how retards think a petition means fucking anything on the internet. i swear it's all zoomers and just retards who aren't familiar with the internet that do this kind of thing, the kind of people that are on facebook for like 90% of the time that they use the internet

I've played it! It's on Gamepass.

It's alright honestly, solid 3/5. Shame the dev is a cuck tho.

G2A is no worse than buying and selling used games at Gamestop.
Indies need to stop whining about getting undercut by the used market. It's something big publishers have learned to deal with ages ago. Adapt or get fucked.

devs whined about gamestop too, thats why they actively tried to fuck over their sales and make it so used game sales arent a thing anymore last gen

remember online passes?

Why are indieshits such cunts?

>g2a
More like free2a because pirating exists so who gives a shit about g2a

Is it worth the 1 Euro difference? sound like a lot of work to me

What the fuck does G2A do that GameStop doesn't?
>SOMEONE STOLE MY XBOX AND SOLD IT DO GAMESTOP START A PETITION FOR THEM ENABLING CRIMES!
Why would GameStop be held accountable for buying a stolen Xbox? Why is g2a held accountable for someone using a stolen credit card? Also, both scenarios don't happen all that often so people need to calm the fuck down.

Indie devs need a scapegoat for why their new pixelshit platformer #56546 doesn't sell.

>Finally G2A is going down.

>user blathers about some online petition

Oh its fucking nothing.

Attached: 1379399691744.png (336x341, 21K)

Go eat ubi and ea turds brainlet.

It was always wrong, but niggers gon' nig, and normies have short memories. In this case I completely agree, G2A are aids, although I do occasionally pirate and get XBL/GamePass off grey sites.

Attached: nier baitamata.png (624x624, 43K)

Why are G2A customers crying like babies and blaming the devs when their illegitimate keys get blocked?

You forgot this question.

G2A is particularly scummy by allowing people to launder money from stolen credit cards by selling steam keys.
They just don't vet their shit at all. Any whining besides this is people bitching to bitch.

fucking American mentality

>oh no someone stole from me I BETTER GET MY GUN AND MURDER THEM

why do you want g2a to go down, you fat ugly retard?

>Online pass

Holy shit I forgot that was a thing. I wonder why it died off though.

Attached: f12187615040.png (1832x2170, 1.16M)

>Go to Steam
>Summer Sales is going on
>20% off
>"Meh that's not a sale"
>Go to allkeyshop
>Type in name of the game I want
>Immidiatel have 30 different key stores including g2a that will show you the price for the same thing from cheap to expensive
>It's literally 50% cheaper than on Steam, even with current Steam Sales
And thats only for the games I want to own legit or want to play online, the rest I pirate anyway

Remind me again why should I give a fuck about stinky pajeets with their shit game?

Attached: foul_bachelor_frog_with_autism_cubicles.jpg (604x604, 43K)

Cause why would you pay some poland/ukrainian niggers to get something that's free on torrent sites. You mouthbreathing troglodyte.

What is the point of online petitions?
Once you reach 5000 what happens? A pat on the back and everything goes on as normal?
Even if you set an arbitrary goal and meet it, what is the validity of it? Woah, you managed to get 100000 people to click on a button, starvation in africa will stop now

Attached: 1553089148795.png (1024x1364, 1.81M)

I just bought over $150 worth of indie titles on g2a to do my part.

Based and Redpilled

You shouldn't.
Although if you're buying resale you really ought to just pirate in the first place. That way you save even more money. It's not like the people making games are going to see a cent of yours anyways.

>pajeet
>indie game
wat

>.t an actual pajeet

not him but in my experience the people who use this are third worlders who are literally too stupid to know how to pirate

I don't even have a Steam account, GOG masterrace, nigger.

>Buying keys Ivan paid for with stolen credit cards or lies
>Not simply pirating
The developers and publishers aren't going to see any money either way so why do the key sellers deserve it?
Fucking true goys ITT.

>I wonder why it died off though.
Sony and MS outright barred it from their platforms.

based
You're ruining the tech world

Why though.

if it wasn't us, it would be chinks doing the exact same hackjobs

By buying through g2a the devs lose out on money (thourhg chargebacks). If you care about them losing out but still dont wanna buy, then just pirate it. In addition, by giving g2a, (criminal company that literally frauds people over with stolen shit) your creditcard info is so naive lol.

t. indiefag

>You're ruining the tech world
He's making it better for competent developers
If you have 3 websites, 2 outsourced to Pajeets, and one made in house by competent developers, you'll have a +50% boost in speed, security and maintainability
On the long run their projects will become unmanagable spaghetti and each button you want to add will cost you 1000$, while a good SW made by human beings will keep making you money

Attached: 1559324373345.png (1357x1281, 1.49M)

Then I'd be telling them the same thing

because they already have paid online and the used game market has naturally dissipated on its own, so there was no longer a need to do online passes

okay

I'm a starving 20 year old student who wants nothing to do with tech so I don't see how this applies to me. Take it to my uncles or whatever

How do you pay with lies?

newfag

Fuck off, chargebacks are rare and 90% don't actually happen. It's why G2A offered to refund times 3 for large chargebacks and no indie dev took them up on it.
Indie devs are just seething because what usually is happening is that an individual or reseller will mass buy a shit ton of keys for the Russian or Brazil price, then resell them for higher to turn a profit, then people buy them from G2A and the dev loses out on money.
Seethe more hipster

What if the game has multiplayer and I want to play it? I buy it on g2a for 50% the full price. Fuck devs

sir ur computer has a vairus, we can remove vairus but u need to pay us 300 US dollars so we install anti hack programm CCCleaner and remove hacker hacking ur vindovs

G2A is garbage as a keysite.
I don't mind keysites, but G2A fucking sucks. Remember, they did hidden fees on your CC.

A person dies in a theft only if they're threatening the other party's lives while doing it. You point a gun or a knife at me or my family just to have ten bucks out of my wallet you can bet that I'll use force to protect us because I don't know your real intentions.

>How do you pay with lies?

Attached: 403268AD-9E2A-4D77-9AC2-1A49E9DBD113.jpg (870x894, 88K)

>been pirating everything my entire life, even things so cheap I have no excuse not to pirchase
>suddenly I'm the good guy

Hi, Mike
Where did the keys come from? Why don't you check yourself? Because you created those keys

Attached: Clip.png (689x318, 69K)

how does indie cock taste, burger?

Hidden fees as in being shown when it's time to pay or something else?

based

hrk and kinguin ftw

>90000000 upvotes on r/videos

What do Indies have to do with muggers in the street you sperg?

>>According to the petition, indie devs make up for the majority of the gaming industry

Attached: bender_laugh_moar.jpg (363x310, 33K)

>indie dev packaged multiple keys in a bundle that lets you save a ton per key
>Someone buys it, sells the extra keys to keep the savings
>NOOOOOOOOO THIS ISN'T FAIR
Cope and dilate indie trannies

Attached: btfo.png (638x545, 61K)

I thought Steam solved this by preventing people from the other side of the galaxy gifting games they didn't buy at their intended recipient's price.

>bring up retarded mentality you have to have to be anti-G2A and why only Burgers pull this shit
>faggot jumps in and tries to deny it
>"no no no, I'm not supporting the indienogs here, I swear!"

2/10, lurk moar

They started charging out of the blue for inactive accounts. Also, they made Shield a bitch to cancel through their site. Are you really going to defend their bullshit man? Do you have a keyshop up on there or something? has some superior keyshops listed.

I mean by volume they probably do
its a large volume of shit but it is large

Oh no! A petition!

Attached: 1525375357741.gif (200x150, 767K)

This

Based

Redpilled

Fuck stinky pajeets

What do Indies have to do with muggers pointing guns at people in the street?

Sometimes prices within a region fluctuate due to currencies. iirc Norway has games 10-20% cheaper then France for example.

This. The only people in the world I'm responsible for is myself and the people I love.
I'm not paying more for something I can get for cheaper.

who cares
good games sell

First a petition, next a pogrom.

Man just imagine if all these indies found out their game was being resold physically somewhere like gamestop.

what are some GOOD indie games that ARENT pixel shit, 2d or walking sims?

Thank Jason Schreirer, he's the one writing all the retarded articles about how it's not indie dev's fault their game is shit, people should but it at $60 USD anyway

I literally never brought that up

I'm saying being anti-piracy is a retarded, selfish mindset that only Burgers have

>find starving minority raiding kitchen for food to survive
>pull out shotgun and murder him
>somehow this is legal because I'm white and "muh principle"

go back to sucking EA cock you anti-piracy retard

Between this and all the controversy around muh 30%, indie devs are a fucking plague. They're like modern day boomers, they don't care that everyone else gets fucked as long as they profit from it.

>mental gymnastics to validate jewery
It's simple, devs, make GOOD games, promote them well, and you'll get sales. Whining about money isn't good promotion, on the contrary.

Game devs should just equalize prices across the globe.
Stop letting 3rd worlders in russia get their games for like half the price and you'll get rid of the g2a problem.

But he didn't made that game. Also:
>7.5 bucks per key

>devs generate keys and either give them to stores or publications FOR FREE. VALVE TAKES NO CUT FROM THOSE KEYS, AND VALVE GIVES SERVICE TO THE PEOPLE THAT ADD THOSE KEYS TO THEIR LIBRARIES
>Free market let's people resell those keys
>devs complain
It's pathetic

I'm not saying that
I'm saying devs create those keys

Good luck in life then bro.

>people should but it at $60 USD anyway
I mean, probably. There's probably a case to be made there, but I'm still going to buy keys from keysites or pirate.

Also I don't get the shitting on G2A. It's not even the cheapest site. I always use key sites that show what site is selling the cheapest key and go there.

Daily reminder for indie devs EU law allows us to sell and transfer software licenses so selling keys we don't want on G2A is preferctly legal
I do hate G2A and refuse to buy from them for a different reason, but reselling keys is perfectly legal and fine I wish indiefags would fuck off with this shit

You can’t, Twitter says so!

so then he lied about them being scammers after g2a challenged them with money on the line

just as everyone except reddit fags predicted

It's a shame, Mike Rosen did some pretty good GDC talks about marketing and how to make money and budget with an indie game nowadays.

Now here he is just blaming the failure of his boring game on others.

>indie devs make up for the majority of the gaming industry
Oh, asset flips are welcome in the indie circles now?

How many games did you buy with stolen credit cards and then sold to gamestop?

Still waiting for any evidence, Mike.

>some keys on G2A are acquired illegally
>most are people reselling keys they don't want any more or already have a copy of
>"OMG G2A LITERALLY RAPED THE GAMING INDUSTRY JUST PIRATE MY GAME INSTEAD PLEASE"
such fucking retarded shit.
I've sold lots of keys with them and acquired them all legitimately.
Some from Humble Bundles, some from kickstarters I wanted to bail on.
If you don't want key reselling then don't use keys.
You are perfectly able to sell your games on steam without selling keys to keysites as well.
Same with GOG.

These indie developers are the ones producing the keys, they have all the power to stop this if they wanted.

Attached: 1540844240601.jpg (1080x1080, 159K)

>admitting to being a litteral thief.

Wonder what kind of morons pay you for free games.

>"wow Mighty No 9 looks like shit"
>"I'll sell it to someone else who wants it"
>"That way the company who sold it to me don't lose money processing a refund and I don't get buyer's remorse"
>thievery
okay buddy

>thief

Attached: you-keep-using-that-word-i-do-notthinkit-means-what-13796554 png (PNG Image, 500 × 498 pixels).png (500x432, 187K)

>posting reverse psychology on Yea Forums
Fuck off cunt, Yea Forums posters aren't this stupi...

Why does Epic just buy G2A?

Selling something as awful as mighty no 9 to a simpleminded mentally impaired person should land you in jail alone.

You don't paint a good portrait of yourself user. Thievery, exploitation. What other ways your moral compass is broken?

This

I masturbated to someone I wasn't married to

I cant imagine how you manage to fall asleep at night. Sicko

Attached: 1400007768901.jpg (240x320, 17K)

based

Attached: 1548371709774.gif (524x374, 111K)

>have to pay $3 to not get scammed
>have to pay a fee to use a credit card
Great website shill

Isn't this the guy that was shitting on steam?
youtube.com/watch?v=WycVOCbeKqQ

Attached: f8470fe7e5de089145f963ae1a02ea51.jpg (900x726, 94K)

>>The problem is the *perception of value*. If someone sees our game at a low price on G2A, they'll automatically be less inclined to buy full price.
Jesus Christ. If I don't see a game at an appropriate price, I'll never buy it. Doesn't matter if it's on G2A, Steam, GOG or whatever the fuck they want to use. Fucking retards.

So if I sell my used game to some dork for half the price do I oppress the devs this way? There's an easy way of dealing with "perception of value" - don't do giveaways. Don't go multiple platforms. Don't publish on platforms with regional pricing. Don't publish on platforms with key activation systems and / or gifting / copy storage. Don't create random keys for whatever reason. Don't out your game on sale, ever.

How is it in any shape of form the fault of G2A that customers want to buy their games for cheaper and they are okay with using the systems that digital distribution platforms provide? He tries to make it about him vs g2a, but in actuality it's him against consumers.

Attached: You_a_catfucker-1-1.png (499x472, 152K)

Reselling legit keys is fine, reselling keys bought with stolen credit cards is scummy.

>I'm against illegal activities
Amazing, so brave. So are G2A.

Steam doesn't allow you to trade games from regions with massive price differences since forever, hello?

This all could be solved by just banning fraudulent keys after. Generates alot of butthurt too for our entertainment when 3rd world poorfags get yelling for their cheap asses getting scammed.

> So are G2A.
Only if you pay the "please, i don't want to be scammed in your store, sir" fee dumb goy.

>unironically shilling for G2A

nominally, while profiting from it, and pointing it out causes their PR to sperg the fuck out

>unironically shilling for indie devs

Does G2A still support illegal gambling?

>After
They are fucking banned, that's why they complain about chargebacks. G2A can't really do shit about that, they have the systems to prevent massive key dumping and where they come from, but very occasionally there are bad duds that come from either individual sellers or popular sellers that themselves buy keys off others in bulk. This is just a reality of digital consumer world, you will get chargebacks occasionally, the only one who is actually getting scammed here is a man who bought a key.

Nah, it's you who want a cheap game and ready to take the risks. G2A doesn't sell games, they earn percentage off a transaction, they are not required to provide any assistance between to you beyond handling the transaction and communication between seller and the customer.

So they are defrauding people left and right, yet are a public company? Yes, they are registered in HK for tax evasion reasons, no it won't stop police from raiding their offices elsewhere. And they are doing it so illegally they are absolutely ready to give their financial data to audit companies and pay them to check up on them, knowing full well that exposing themselves like that will lead to them getting out of business. Fucking idiot, think with your head instead of being consumed with internet drama, it's one thing when some retard who has 0 understanding how any of this works accuses them online, and completely different when they are ready to be transparent about their own transaction history to independent audit companies. Cause if they are actually defrauding people, they are fucked. But they are not, which is the reason they are so smug and dismissive about it.

>make a market
>don't police it

Man G2A are really scamming their braindead customers. Its hilarious when they cry fowl after their keys get revoked and blame the devs, instead of blaming the sellers they paid money to. Talk about braindead sheep.