Help me understand Valves situation...

Help me understand Valves situation. Here comes Epic with their Fortnite billions paying off every developer to leave Steam and Valve does nothing to fight back against them. It's like they don't even care about their primary source of revenue. Even Elden Ring is looking like it's going to be Epic store exclusive at this rate. So why don't they do anything to fight back? Moreover, why does Epic even want PC gaming?

Attached: next on epics shitlist.png (2369x1194, 1.41M)

Other urls found in this thread:

toarise.tales-ch.jp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

inb4 larpers that pretend they know anything about business

Obviously, they don't feel like they need to you retard. If they felt they were being hurt by epic they would do something.

Who cares,just pirate it.Epic will die on it's own hill.Once the fortnite cash dries up,they are done.Bandai namco always sets their platforms much later after announcement.

Doesn't pc digital mean it's going to be released in multiple stores?

Why would they?

Yep, it's just another way to say it's available at most online stores but it's definitely coming to steam

They did do something, but like everything else Valve does nowadays, it was a halfassed effort so no one really noticed or cared.

It does. OP is just shit stirring, best to just let the thread die young like OP inevitably will.

>koei tecmo musou outside of steam
lmoa

BASED Tim and Epic Games Store
Valve is finished

Attached: TIM.gif (320x200, 17K)

Holy fuck I played this game years and years ago and could never remember what it was called. It was lost in time for me. Holy fuck user thank you

Attached: 1556598516914.gif (500x375, 973K)

Take your shilling back to your masters Tencent and their puppet/cuck Sweeney

Paranoid much?

tencent and epic games buying these exclusivity deals is not sustainable, they've admitted to that themselves
it's only a matter of time before the fortnitebux dries up and ebin and their bugmen masters can't buy out as many exclusives anymore

they just need to land a big title or two for pcheats to install EGS
if they get Oooohh Elden Ring everyone will crack

I really hope this day comes and it comes soon. I want to see Sweeny's greasy face when it all crumbles and hopefully he gets booted out of the studio for throwing away a fuck load of money for nothing in the end.

he owns it, user

A company is only as good as the company leader.

Valve has Gaben and Gaben doesnt give a fuck. He didnt give a fuck for years that s why everything Steam does is half baked shit and in the end abandoned after few months.
Just look at all the failed projects.

Remember Artifact? Next to Fallout 76 the biggest bomb last year
Remember the shityt Steam controller?

Then hopefully the entire studio dies and Sweeny if found a month later ducking dicks for pennies.

>GladiumTonitrua
get out

I doubt ebin can hold a big AAA game for a year. They seem already hurting with Borderlands 3 since they can hold it for 6 months.

Play Coropata.

Attached: 130.gif (512x384, 2.67M)

cringe weeb

You don't get it do you? Valve don't have to do anything at all. Epic can't keep going forever, Valve only have to wait a year for most of the games they're putting up as exclusives. Even so while many people won't bother waiting many will, more than enough.

Attached: 209.gif (158x132, 27K)

Epic is running an unsustainable business model right now to try and buy their spot in the PC gaming marketplace. Valve knows this and just has to wait it out. That "unreasonable" percentage Valve takes isn't actually unreasonable and Epic will have to increase theirs eventually to stay healthy. The exclusivity probably isn't hurting developers as much as others would like, but Epic is having to pay a disproportionate amount of money for that exclusivity without the surge in sales they hoped for.

This whole venture has been insanely risky and if Epic wasn't so bloated on Fork-knife money they wouldn't have tried it in the first place. It might've worked if they actually tried to have a comparable client and didn't sow so much ill will from all the scummy anti-consumer practices.

nope, they're just being smart now
the PC logo used to imply physical copies
steam logo means steam
they're not gonna put a logo of steam, origin, gog, uplay or whatever the fuck storefront on the endslide

Tim came out and said it himself, their 12% cut and paying off publishers isn't sustainable.
The entire plan hinges on people abandoning Steam for Epic for that massive influx of users before the wallet is empty.
Valve is just ignoring the bullies, what better way to show that you're not intimidated than simply ignoring them and continuing to do your own thing?

I remember how you epicfags were saying that you'd be getting Red Dead and Bloodborne at E3. You've managed to become worse than nintendies and snoyniggers at this point.

Attached: 1538001860973.gif (232x286, 1.48M)

It's hard to gauge whether 30% is unreasonable or not. Things like bandwidth and servers have become a lot cheaper over time and will continue to do so. On the other hand you're not just paying for bandwidth costs, you're paying to have your game available on a digital store with a userbase of many millions with a lot of integrated features into it.
Most importantly there's nothing to stop you from simply making your game available on other stores like your very own website or itch.io to get a 100% cut. The reality however is that most of your income will come through Steam despite the 30% that Valve takes.

Cybersleuth was already stated to be on steam

>from
>big aaa game
Might as well call Mario Kart AAA

Sony/MS/Nintendo take an even bigger cut with console vidya despite also having paid online

Steam eats all the fees, epic does not. Games are literally more expensive on egs if you pay through local processors

Having paid online is good for the devs, it means they don’t have to use their own servers, meaning they have better margins.

Does MS/Sony actually offer up free dedicated servers for games? Nintendo obviously doesn't

Doubt it. I remember Halo using something like a peer-to-peer system for online play on Xbox 360. Developers still have to supply their own servers or create a system where it's handled through the users if they want online play.

even with nintendo, it means they don’t need to worry about online themselves
steam offers servers too, I obviously don’t know if it’s free, but would still cost less

Valve lets devs use their servers for free too, while not charging them for patches either.

>Tales of Arise epic exclusive
Fuck, that's it, if that happens then I cave. You KNOW those console versions of it are going to perform like complete shit. Fuck it's not fair

Arise is already confirmed for Steam.
toarise.tales-ch.jp/

I can't comment on the other games in the OP, but it is very suspicious that they don't have the Steam logo (and the Digimon logo looking just like the EGS logo is very weird).

Attached: arise.png (757x504, 599K)

Digimon was also confirmed on steam.
Which means little when almost every single egs exclusive was “confirmed” on steam at some point.

timed exclusives

>Even Elden Ring is looking like it's going to be Epic store exclusive
lol

>Incredible machine but slower, smaller viewpoint, and less variety in exchange for an anime girl
Both anime and hentai are so easily obtainable for free elsewhere, why would I play worse games just to see waifus?

not if I can help it user

Attached: 582379a7691e8849528b562e-750-562.jpg (750x562, 48K)

>mfw bought a ps4 pro
>mfw building a new PC soon strictly for anime/tv shows and emulation / old games
imagine being a PC gamer in 2019

Attached: 1561125454357.jpg (1543x1029, 196K)

PC gaming is going home and you can't stop it jew

Attached: 1558100574430.jpg (550x627, 45K)

This, when you put your game on Steam you get the fucking hookup.
New developers these days either don't know how good things really are for them or they're being paid to shit on Valve.
Steam isn't the only good platform either, but saying than it's bad for indie developers is a laugh and a half.

haaah
remember when indie devs couldn't even put their games out?

We all know this means jackshit. Indie devs give in immediately even though they have exact numbers how many people they are going to upset with their move.
Publishers care even less.
Anyway "PC Digital" is most likely Steam/Stadia/EGS.