30+ playthroughs of ds1

>30+ playthroughs of ds1
>30+ playthrough of ds3
>20+ playthroughs of bb
>10+ playthroughs of des
>1 playthrough of ds2 which I had to take a break from in between because of how bad it was
It’s been 5 years since I played ds2. Should I give it another go? It never clicked on my first playthrough even though I really wanted it to. The combat was bad but what really upset me was the quality of the bosses

Attached: 53217DC4-7136-4119-9E2B-F87400A8A1B6.jpg (1280x720, 171K)

I can't imagine playing through any of them more than twice except BB.

No its still the same old game it was years ago, one playthrough is more than enough.

ds3 is the shitty one

its just a bad dlc. doesnt deserve to be its own game

I tried to beat DS2 last month but when I got to Drangleic castle I got bored it and started to play DeS. DS2 just drains my energy.

If you didn’t like the combat, and you hated the bosses (understandable), it’s probably not worth trying again. The game is the worst in those aspects. It shines in pvp but that’s it.

its my favourite in the series
yes, give it another chance.

i recently played scholars of the first sin (only played original ds2) and it was kind of a painful experience. much less fun without coop and it shows how truly flawed this game is. i want to like this game but there are alot of problems you cant ignore expecially in your second playthrough. overall i still like ds2, it's probably on par with ds3 imo

They're both shit.
DaS2 because it's a piece of shit with bad levels, atmosphere, bosses, etc, and DaS3 because it is derivative dogshit that adds nothing and exists as a worse Bloodborne.

As someone with 500 hours in DS1, 400 hours in DS3 and just 200 hours in DS2. I'd say no.

Unless you're playing for the pvp, which is what I did.

Dark Souls 2 is only only game from the trilogy that I found frustrating, and that part that bothers me is that it feels like they did it on purpose. Which is completely missing the point of DS1, I feel like the B-team of the company bought into the whole "DARK SOULS = HARD" meme and the game suffered for it. If you've played it once, there is no reason to do it again. Unless you have a goal in mind, for example once I've done a playthrough, I always do a 'lore' playthrough. Which is me collecting all the items, spells and weapons that I can, do learn more about the setting. DO NOT TRUST THE LORE CHANNELS. Because DS is vague (Mizaya wanted it to be like a campfire tale) they tend to fill in the gaps themselves.

Attached: 1558831006646.jpg (794x782, 88K)

Really? I thought the beautiful environment and interesting bosses (some, not all) helped carry DS3, I noticed that it had a lot of problems. One being that it tried too hard to be DS1 but I still thought it was pretty good.

I did about half a dozen runs when 2 came out and then another run with each DLC. But I've been doing constant runs of DaS1, DaS3 and BB since they launched.

People like to go on about the bosses and all that shit but it isn't what I hate about it. I just loathe the way the combat looks and feels. ADP and the I-Frames suck shit yeah but that isn't it. It just feels floatly and like plastic and I can't stand it. Hitting enemies feels like shit, taking hits feels like shit, everything feels totally fucking unrewarding.

If there was a single mod that fixed just those issues I would probably enjoy the game a thousand times more even with the flaws.

>I just loathe the way the combat looks and feels
This. This is the real big problem with the game.
Another would be a horrendous level design of most levels past the initial fotfg-bastille-wharf bubble. Like seriously, even if i somehow force myself to suffer through the horrendous feeling of combat, the game just murders itself by forcing me to go through the fucking Tseldora or Iron Keep again, and i know it's only going to be worse from that point onwards.
Bosses are still dogshit, but they are also painfully easy and have low HP bars so you melt them without even bothering.

Just remember the archers that can headshot (causing you to stagger) from 1000 miles away while you're in the middle of jumping-rolling, and you wouldn't want to play anymore. Seriously, their bows felt like hitscan sometimes.

The combat in both 1+2 feels pretty bad after playing BB and 3

Dark Souls 2 probably has the most build, weapon and armor variety out of any game in the series. Unfortunately they are dipped in the shit that is the look and feel of the combat of the game making that an absolutely worthless statement.

Also, some weapons are completely useless. You cannot hit crystal lizards or crawling enemies with rapiers, spear or stabbing weapons. Because even locked on, you can't aim down. Its also very hard but not impossible to hit the ghosts that you can't lock onto. So you need to either switch to a different weapon, or not use them at all. Its just bad game design.

>Because even locked on, you can't aim down. Its also very hard but not impossible to hit the ghosts that you can't lock onto. So you need to either switch to a different weapon, or not use them at all. Its just bad game design.
It's actually good design.

>Dark Souls 2 probably has the most build, weapon and armor variety
DS2's design principle is quantity over quality. The game is fundamentally broken on base level, the fucking stat and scaling systems are broken to a point where all builds feel extremely homogenized since you're almost always better off by going with base physical stats, making your weapon elemental and buffing it on top of it.

I won't even say anything about the butt fucking retarded weapon spread. To make a raw blue flame caster, arguably one of the more unique builds of the game, you need to be 80% done with the game. DS2's "build variety" is an absolute meme, it's more homogenized and limited than in all games in series.

Pretty much the same opinion except I didn't find the game frustrating, play it for the little PvP left or to do dumb shit with all the builds it offers (seriously there's a crazy amount of builds you can do in this game, much more than the others).
And yes, fuck lore channels in general, V**ti is a retard and a hack, don't trust em.

Attached: 1562469458439.webm (964x544, 307K)

heathen!!!

Ds3 is better than bloodborne though

+ playthrough of ds3
+ playthroughs of bb

Jesus Christ dude
Unironically go outside and/or have sex

I've not even finished DaS2 yet, I got up to the dragon area and never really continued

>there are people who beat dark souls more than once
really makes me think

Not op but that’s not even that much compared to some people though

post the full one you coward

>implying it is at all unrealistic to play through souls games that many times
they are highly replayable for many reasons, user

Should I give it another go?
It really doesn't get that much better on consecutive playthroughs. There are too many "that part" areas for me. I liked some of it, but everything is just not so good. The most fun I had was on PC where I would just make new builds and cheat in Cracked Red Eye Orbs and invade in Huntsman's Copse. At the very least, the game has so many weapon and armour combinations you can always just pick a weapon and work from there, but the game doesn't fare too well on its own...

>30+ playthrough of ds3
why would you do that to yourself

QUALITY OF THE BOSSES?

Nigga in DS1 you killed a burning tree.
Nigga in DS3 you killed a frosty dog.

Nigga in DS2 you'll kill a big pile of shit.

Quit being such a fucking pussy who thinks any of the games are fucking different in quality.

They're not.

>"DARK SOULS = HARD" meme
They wouldn't give you access to an unlimited amount of healing items if that was the case.

Beautiful environment...

1000 wooden crates you can roll through.

K.

I was thinking on getting DS3 Deluxe now that it's cheap. Just played a few hours of DS1, didn't find that hard, just confusing to navigate around the zones.

I was interested on making a Wizard/Mage/Magic User. Is it viable, or does it have some sort of boss invulnerable against magic?

Yeah ultimately it is that the game looks like garbage and feels like complete shit to play. The first one I can sometimes forgive but not the second. Everything else is secondary to that complaint, I could work with the other shit in the game but not that it fundamentally feels awful to play.

Magic it's the easy mode, also in DS1 piromancy doesn't need any stat so it's always usefull

Every single boss can be buttblasted with magic to the point the last two can be one or two shotted with it. DS3 sucks.

And this op stupid enough to think it has anything of quality because he plays to network with guys.

I don't mind it being easy mode, I just like being a magic user on games. Is it worth the price then if I just want to Gandalf around the game?

Piromancy...

This thread feels like people who suck at the game because they use twink builds enjoy the ez ride of the first and third games because of one shot riposting hah.

That's what you can do in the original too.
2 went in the complete opposite direction and some bosses are just impossible with magic.

god that flash was brilliant

I find dark souls 1 incredibly user unfriendly due to the lack of warp support until smough and ornstein. As someone who looks to value time I don't really find acquiring magic a credible use of it. Zweihander & Wood Grain Ring are ezmode.

In dark souls 2 I find that with pyromancy because you have to literally scour the entire game to locate fire seeds.

Dark souls 3 middle ground because of the need to discover scrolls which... honestly are put in alcoves in a poison swamp that are so boring to collect.

This is very strange because I started with des and das with das3 are the only games to boring to play through again, so I mostly skip them during my yearly playthrough through soulsborne saga
But if you unironically played through das and das3 30 times when bloodborne and des existed, it's better for you to not touch true from software games

Could you help me to get back to DS?
On one way I have a doge on the other I almost finished the Ghost London but then I fucked up, lost 25000 souls and my severed hands.
I lost interest to grind after that and stopped playing.

I gotta get back but what will be the best way?
I think I also have the upper part of blightown with the trap wooden elevator.
Also I half assed the drake land and just ran all the way. Even at the sleeping big one. I jsut got the loot and ran.

Should i grind the easier levels for souls to buy hands from the mosh lady?
hehehe

Attached: 20180722192633_1.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

This is why having conversation on Yea Forums is fucking useless. I could take you up a mountain, show you the view and you'd complain about how there is too much dirt while lying face down on the ground. Yes, there is a lot of wooden crates but unless you're a retarded faggot, you know this wasn't what I was refering to when I said it has a beautiful enviroments. Just fucking end yourself, user.

Its always the incels that say this. Nobody else is so consumed by the thought of having sex. For you faggots that put pussy on a pedisdial let me give you a tip. For every beautiful woman, there is a man who is sick of her shit.

You can clear the entire area with like 2-3 Transient Curses, you don't need to grind.

You can kill ghosts with their own weapons (ghostblades). You should have some in your inventory. Ghostblades are good in PVE too. Ghost drop transient curse (severed hands).

Her hands and feet should be burnt. 1/10 immersion.

You are a selfish ignorant fuck of a thinker so wound up in your attraction to what others find lackluster because you are enamoured due to lack of other options.

You are the moron who sinks hours into staring at dirt you stand by and declare beautiful overlooking the difference of opinion in a childish and scathing manner.

You can't for a moment see eye to an eye with a disagreement and this is why you can never have a discussion on Yea Forums.

You can't not think for yourself which is why you have spent so much time in one series.

See I've traveled further than you and am not impressed by you leading me up a mountain.

Deal with it.

What's wrong with the bosses? Are they too easy or too straightforward?
I would definitely replay DS2, I don't get the hate. Even the annoying monster placement can be fixed by farming, so they stop respawning.

>
You are the moron who sinks hours into staring at dirt you stand by and declare beautiful overlooking the difference of opinion in a childish and scathing manner.

Attached: 1559975825143.jpg (325x325, 10K)

Threadly reminder that DS2 is the best Souls game.

Attached: 22.png (463x112, 60K)

DaS2 is pleb filter

Not enough move variety and often it feels like you're fighting against machines that go through motions instead of bosses.
Also, their gimmicks that should make them unique and memorable are either poorly done (Mytha's poison/burnable windmill, RRV's "which rat to kill", Freya's cuttable heads that make her invincible) or so rare and situational that you might not even witness them (Covetous swallowing you, Rotten's cuttable arm).

>Even the annoying monster placement can be fixed by farming
Or by just playing the superior vanilla version instead of SOTFS

>It has some beautiful environment
>b-but all the b-barrels
>Stop focusing on the one thing you don't like an look at the rest of the environment
>*Retard then goes on a pseudo-intellectual incoherent rant about nothing in particular with reddit spacing*

Sorry, user. I'm downvoting your faggoty ass.

Attached: 61251845_601340950369526_7396809453313458176_n.jpg (540x720, 34K)

Also not OP, nigger.

How? Its the easiest one.

>staring at dirt you stand by and declare beautiful overlooking the difference
This actually hurt my brain.

I shouldn't have to farm an enemy to stop it from ambushing me 24/7 in that one area. I shouldn't have to, there should be a way around or avoid it, everything in ds3 is avoidable, getting ganked by 7+ black niggerknights is not.

They drop one hand per 20 ghosts.
I got their blade, I will try it but the reach is tiny.

You'll just play it to hate it so you can fit in here. Might as well save everyone the trouble and just watch that yuropoor video, let him think for you.

I never liked how under powered your weapons were, couldn't upgrade them past 5 for a long time but I heard they patched it so in a few areas you could get the ember for maxed weapons
Rat covenant sucks dick, nobody wants to try to kill people with monsters helping them, that shits wack

Yeah, because you have low Item Discovery stat. You can equip Covetous Gold Serpent Ring and attain 10 Humanity (you don't have to be human). Or just either of those. There is also a mimic head, but the effect doesn't stack with thr ring.

Well, git gud then.
Dark Souls 2 is harder to cheese, but there are some options, such as using long reach weapons and upgrading your armor to the max.

i haven't even seen any snakes yet..

Bearer of the curse
SEEK
SEEK
LEST

>Dark Souls 2 is harder to cheese
You're fucking retarded, user. You literally buy the healing gems after you level up and you're invincible. You just spam them and you can't actually be killed because you out heal the damage done to you, you can only die if you try to.

it was only good when it first came out, when the pvp was still active and they didn't nerf everything in the sotfs version

playthrough of ds1
playthroughs of ds3
playthroughs of bb
playthroughs of des
playthroughs of ds2
playing through ds1 once is enough to tell it doesnt get any better and is a complete garbage series

That's funny because I have over 50+ playthroughs of DSII.

Attached: 1562477803468.gif (270x188, 1.78M)

My condolences, user.

Actually two playthroughs is perfect. One to "beat" the game. The second to get all the side quests right and apply that strats you learned during the first play through on the bosses. Second playthrough was a lot more enjoyable for me.

Yeah, why would anyone wanna replay the game with the best combat, the best build variety, the best pvp, the best bosses, and the best level design

>30+ playthroughs of ds1
>30+ playthrough of ds3
>20+ playthroughs of bb
>10+ playthroughs of des
play something else you fucking faggot

Attached: [Watakushi-Nameless] Witch Craft Works - 12 [720p][55617C34].mkv_snapshot_15.31_[2014.03.24_17.26.11 (1280x720, 168K)

>except BB
Yeah, I couldn't imagine people wanting to finish it after 5 hours of that shit

this is really weak bait, user. you could have tried to put a little more effort into it. seriously, no one going to fall for it.

Some people really enjoy experiencing the same thing with slight variations over and over and over
I dont get it either

I suppose it's analogous to your infatuation with slurping penis. They're basically the same thing with slight variations in girth, length, and veininess, but that doesn't stop you from doing it over and over and over. Get it now?

Its already too late. You missed the fightclub scene in ds2.

And nothing of value was lost. Fight clubs are a joke.

2 is my favorite
thanks B team

Attached: __emerald_herald_souls_from_software_and_etc_drawn_by_kentaurosu__6845934d1f39d7c2ae2b5a8abd5c3169.j (820x1204, 1M)

Nah it was good in 2. Pvp is a joke in 3 and bb

Unpopular opinion: pvp is the most fun in 3 precisely because of how much of a clusterfuck it usually turns out to be. Duelbabs could never understand.

It's all pretty no nitty gritty.
The Irithyll vista looks beautiful coming out of the catacombs but if you think about the physical layout of the level for more than 5 minutes you realize how incredibly disappointing it is.
You see a beautiful glowing city in the snow, but what you traverse through is not a city. It's a poorly designed and railroaded hallway to a boss you've basically already fought before.
You get to the profane capital, one of the most narratively interesting and visually striking areas in the game, and it's limited to one fucking room and a fog gate.
You get to the Ringed City and see a beautiful sprawling area beneath you, but half of the actual level is another fucking swamp. The FIFTH such swamp level in the game thus far.

Dark Souls 3 is a very pretty game, many of it's assets are repurposed from Bloodborne after all, but it's not a GOOD game. It can be as pretty as it wants to be, that's not a substitute for substantive gameplay.

Yh but the bosses though

I think pvp in Souls 1 sucked, but it was the only time I enjoyed because IT ACTUALLY EXISTED. I played Dark Souls 2 for 140ish hours and was invaded like 5 times. I had almost zero invasions in Demon's Souls as well.

3 just isnt as fun in general compared to the others. Was the same pvp dynamic in 2 with more variety.

shut the gfuck up cunt

What the fuck are you doing? DS2 is the most replayable one. Even people who pretend to hate it on the internet admit that.

most autistic thread of the year award

>most replayable one
You mean you had to replay it because a lot of items were locked 3 NGs deep?

>DS2 is the most replayable one
It has the most replayable mechanics in the least playable Souls game. I wish I could use bonfire aesetics in any other Souls except DS2, what a waste.

no

Atleast 2 had good mechanics

You're just a faggot