I don't understand why people love Hollow Knight

I don't understand why people love Hollow Knight

>no direction: lot of confusion as where to go next, and most of the time its going from one corner of the massive map to another
>you don't get stronger (at least I haven't despite 5 zones being unlocked), you have the same health as you did at the start of the game, the enemies are jsut as hard. Backtracking becomes a massive pain. I have never gotten so frustrated at backtracking in a metroidvania game as I have here.
>Lack of saves: this is my biggest source of frustration. Due to the aforementioned reasons, I die, a LOT. This is particularly infuriarting for boss battles

This isn't fun, its a CHORE!

Attached: hk.png (512x512, 111K)

Attached: 1510856632797.jpg (400x433, 27K)

dilate

It's ok to not be good at a game, It's not the end of the world. Maybe the genre isn't for you.
Have cope and sexilate

>no direction: lot of confusion as where to go next, and most of the time its going from one corner of the massive map to another
That's literally what I look for in a metroidvania.

I've played a lot of metroidvanias and felt the same way user. I don't see why people like it so much
> pointless backtracking
> sprite too small for world
> lack of saves
Maybe people like to repetition as opposed to exploration

Attached: 1456926267296.jpg (600x602, 45K)

Just explore. If you dont know where to go just go somewhere you haven't been before. Don't be like Johnathan Blow and it's kinda hard to not have anywhere to go.
You will get stronger eventually. Play safer until then.

It's pretty and you get to jump around and hit things, both of which are fun.

There's also not a lot of stupid bullshit that kills you unfairly.

there's just some unironical autist on this board who for whatever reason dedicated his life on this game

You might enjoy an easier game, user. I hear NSMB Deluxe is good.

>It's ok to not be good at a gam
I'm pretty shit at this game, I know, but I really like it somehow nad I don't wanna be a quitter. General tips?

>go where you haven't gone yet

How is this hard?

>there are health upgrades, soul upgrades, nail upgrades and spell upgrades.

The fuck u talking bout?

>game autosaves all the bloody time

Fuck u talking bout?

>Heres why i dont like game

>*list of great things about a game*

>yeah i really just hate good game design

Face it op, you're just bad at video games.

That's a positive point. And you're supposed to go wherever you haven't been before. You have fast travel points everywhere and unlock various shortcuts.
>you don't get stronger (at least I haven't despite 5 zones being unlocked)
You get new powers, new badges, collect pieces that increases your HP and mana, learn new combat moves and upgrade your weapon several times to deal more damage. If you did 5 zones you definitely got some of these.
>Lack of saves
Yeah, this one is true. It's a hard game.

To this day I'm still baffled by people saying that HK is directionless. Are you all fucking blind niggas? The first three maps you get pretty much point you to where you go. Elderbug and his lazyass will literally you directions and hints of which are to go next. Hornet fucking tells you where to go next. There are literal sign posts in the game. THEY EVEN FUCKING MARK YOUR MAP TO TELL YOU WHERE THE DREAMERS ARE

You want real a game that's actually directionless?
Go fucking experience the second half of ESA.

How can people be so fucking retarded?

>i don't understand why people like something i don't like

Your life must be fucking difficult.

I dont really get how people complain about this games difficulty or progression. YOU are supposed to get better. Thats part of the progression. You should be blowing through areas you have already been to once you get used to bouncing and learn what the enemies do and so on. The game is extremely forgiving as long as arent just trying to tank everything with your face constantly. You can heal at any point in the whole game and you can always get the resources to heal, even mid boss fight. Thats more than even some other games in the same genre do. Eventually you get more health which can be nice but is hardly necessary.

Did some gormless zoomer youtube cuck trash the game or something? Is that why there suddenly been tons of low effort threads bitching about it lately?

>wahwah why does the game do things typical for metroidvanias

people forgot how to explore in videogames, they need objective markers, a map with points of interest and a compass to know where to go

>2d adventure game with dash and wall kicking
STOP DOING THIS

FUCK

>they need objective markers, a map with points of interest and a compass to know where to go
But HK has all of that.

user I'm sorry but it just sounds like you don't like the genre of metroidvania.
There's nothing wrong with disliking it though.

What's wrong with dashes and wall kicks?

>ESA
Fuck this game and everything it represents.
>lol here have shittly drawn pixel arts telling you what to do
>lol learn this made up alien language just to translate riddles on how to get the 4 keys
>now do this platform hell stage filled with instakill spikes to reach the golden teleport
>want to get all endings? You gotta do it TWICE
>Dunno where to go? Time to manually check every single tile in the game in order to see which one break!
>lol let's create a glitch area you can reach only if you dash out of a certain area
>want to get the real-real ending? Here, kid, go around the entire map and write down the alien words that just look like scenery but actually are the password for the last area
>now complete these puzzles with very vague visual hints, also you have to disable most of your equipment, hope it's not a problem :^)
>Now get chased by an invincible enemy that instakills you, you gotta run aaaall the station to that one room that was completely useless for the entire game
It's almost as if they WANTED you to use a guide or mine the code, what the fuck.

Completely shits on the pacing. Do Castlevania games have this? No

The hell are you talking about?

>Greater mobility is bad!
Based brainlet

Do you know how big Hollow Knight's map is?
Without dashing itd be awful

You must feel really lost because it doesn't have 10-yo-looking anime girls, titties and panties

It really isn't for everyone, I dropped it 3 times before finally sticking to it and reaching the pantheons

>you don't get stronger (at least I haven't despite 5 zones being unlocked), you have the same health as you did at the start of the game, the enemies are jsut as hard
Explore the areas you've already been in more and visit the shop

>everyone that shits on hollow knight is literally retarded

It all makes sense now.

>tfw been playing Hollow Knight nonstop for the past 3-4 days
>first death was after 4 hours
>loved exploring the map and finding out myself where to go to next
>at the end of the game and didn't use a single charm even once, because I wanted to see how far I could go without them
and then enter scrubs like OP who are just shit at video games and come on Yea Forums to whine about the game

They're paid to shill on Yea Forums

>ESA
idk what that is

Environmental Station Alpha

Yea the post game stuff started alright, but then slowly descended into madness.
I dropped the game after I beat the second encounter with the blue mask dude, and went through all the key bullshit.
All of that to be met with a clock and more cryptic puzzles.

What makes Hollow Knight such a brainlet filter?

retard

Attached: Circle_of_the_Moon_-_Kick_Boots_-_01.png (1200x800, 104K)

HK is great because it filters people on several levels.
First it filters people who need a map.
Then it filters the people who can't use a map that doesn't tell them where they are.
Then it filters people who lack any kind of game skill with the hornet fight.
Then it filters people who need to be told where to go at all times.
It's like one of those facilities that clean the shit and piss of big cities before dumping it in the river. HK is a industrial multi-stage filter.

>you don't get stronger
Nail upgrades, nail arts, soul spells and spell upgrades, a ton of charms that enhance your battle abilities
>you have the same health as you did at the start of the game
Blatantly false, you can increase your mask count permanently and add even more masks with charms and lifeblood
>the enemies are jsut as hard
Lmao
>Lack of saves
Have you ever sit on a bench? Of course not or you would know about charms

This is either terrible bait or you are just terrible at this game if you haven't even unlocked anything after 5 zones.
Please refrain from starting other threads in this board thank you.

Attached: 1556994978298.jpg (466x388, 28K)

Attached: EF43DB1C-46F8-401B-80DC-0477C270B449.jpg (300x244, 41K)

user did you actually play the game...?

git gud

In what world objectively positive aspects is presented negative? Being given freedom of exploration is the best. There is no best feel but getting lost in one area just to unlock another one as you randomly go in one direction.

> >you don't get stronger (at least I haven't despite 5 zones being unlocked), you have the same health as you did at the start of the game, the enemies are jsut as hard. Backtracking becomes a massive pain. I have never gotten so frustrated at backtracking in a metroidvania game as I have here.

You do get stronger. You need not to be afraid to explore to get HP upgrades and you need to stop being zoomer scum and learn mechanics and how to use Charms and spells properly to get stronger my increasing your skill

>Lack of saves: this is my biggest source of frustration. Due to the aforementioned reasons, I die, a LOT. This is particularly infuriarting for boss battles
The game doesnt just have INFINITE saves it also AUTO saves every room transition.

Attached: 1557022322763.jpg (1000x1098, 81K)

Good job. Describe Rain World next time.

Because it's the most fun game ever made in existence. It, Planescape, Morrowind, Nier: Automata and Bloodborne are the only games I didn't just put down the moment I finished the main ending.

>you have the same health as you did at the start of the game
That's just a stinking lie nigga, maybe its not really your type of game, but you are supposed to explore every nook and cranny

it's pretty bad, I refunded it