Drop controller in 2019

>drop controller in 2019
>flimsy usb micro connector gets bent

Attached: xbox-controller-microusb-01.jpg (1600x1200, 188K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/comments/8wvf9u/controller_input_lag_comparison_more_info_in_the/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

FUCK so true. It even uses AA batteries. Such a piece of trash. 2 major advantages the Switch Pro controller has over it.

>wired controllers nowadays

Imagine owning a havesexbox.

More like
>Adjust controller 0.2mm
>Controller disconnected, please connect a controller
Why do both the DS4 and Xbone controller have such shit ports?

>not having the display model with the big fucking box on it
Lmaoing at ur life

Attached: 20190707_023657.jpg (3264x2448, 2.73M)

Finally someone else also brings this up! This controller is such a piece of shit because of that one design flaw! fuck you micro$hit! also the top triggers break easy aswell!

>wired

It's $20 for the Bluetooth adapter. Flawless operation. Get on it you useless fuck.

I bought a hard wired Xbone controller a while back to replace my old wired 360 controller. It's been pretty damn good. By far the best controller you can own for PC.

Attached: 1561548498886.gif (320x240, 238K)

Well don't drop your controller you fuckin inbred hick

My xbone controller vibrated off my desk when I turned my computer on and it connected to the controller, and it landed on the usb plug, shearing it straight through the plastic housing on the controller.

What a piece of shit.

should i get The Duke for pc gaymen?

The pdp xbox one controllers actually have a really fucking solid usb connector.

The port itself is in sevetal centimeters of plastic. So its snuggly fit in the controller and does not disconnect easilly at all. Last the longest of all my controllers too, despite being a 3rd party maker. Used it as my gaming controller for a while. It even has a headphone port that let me use my mic + headset with no issues.

For some reason using those headphones normally on the pc only uses headphones or the mic, not both. Really dissapointing

Stick to cheap jap made controllers. My buffalo snes controller had been dropped so many damn times but keeps on ticking. Its a great controller on too of that.

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (1000x1000, 113K)

>muh wireless

fuck you and your wireless I'd rather have direct 1:1 connectivity with no input lag bullshit ya casuals

Attached: incel goyims.jpg (1920x1080, 138K)

sounds like your cable, my ds4 are perfectly fine

Back in my day controllers were built to last. I've had to replace the buttons and D-pad on my dualshock 4 twice because the contact pads keep wearing out

That's what I initially thought so I changed the cable and continued to have the same problem with every cable I tried with either controller. And I looked it up and then found plenty of people complaining about the ports being shit for the same reason.

I also think this.

I have this happen if I use a junky usb cable, but not with any of my nicer cables.

Seriously. Who the fuck designed micro usb? The connector pin thingies are extremely prone to breaking.

Attached: a.jpg (121x44, 2K)

Attached: lies.gif (697x458, 3.3M)

How many hours do you have on them?

I've used the same controller since launch day without issue and haven't seen anyone else have to replace the buttons or dpad.

You don't even have to drop your controller dumb dumb when the slightest movement of the USB cable bends the port making it permanently inoperable.

xbone controller underrated as fuck. BEST d-pad I've felt on any console. only 2nd to the vita.

As someone who has extensively used PS4 and Xbone controllers I have to say I've never had this problem. Maybe your cables?

Maybe it's your cable bro

I've dropped my controller on hardwood floors about 100 times and never have issues.

How high did u drop it from

micro usb connectors have been known to be inferior for quite some time. USB-C is the standard now but for some reason micro usb still persists.

I only own 1 device that uses usb-c is it really standard or do I need to buy new shit

It's not the cable though it's the microUSB port inside the controller itself, overtime with long use of the microUSB cable the port bends and then before long no more controller!

It's the new standard everyone's moving to. The only reason Micro-USB is still around is because there's been well over a decade where that was the standard connector for portable devices, so you have a inertia of customers having lots of the old cables and accessories that use them. Compare when SATA was introduced vs. when motherboards finally stopped being made with PATA ports.

>drop controller in 1995
>mommy spank you

Why are you dropping your controllers?

>havesexbox
>Xbox has always been known and endorsed as the "chads" console
>PS4 has always been known as the "weebshit" console

Hmm your statement just doesn't add up user...

The dualshock 4 is a marvel of engineering designed to slide off any surface that isn't completely level at all times.

>hurr durrp stop drobbing the gontroller bruhh iz dat ez

Fucking retards, you obviously don't even own nor use it in a microUSB configuration too understand why this is a major issue.

I've been using a x360 pad since 2006 and only had to replace it once, because the top right button broke on an IC level (at first I could replace it by soldering a replacement microswitch in).

The Xbone pad has more problems than just a shitty connector, though.

My problem with xbox controllers is that the thumbsticks will inevitably stick somehow internally and cause unwanted movements.

try 3 dollars

I unironically miss it in this day and age. Durable as fuck

Still have my original one from 1997

Attached: 91qahZOIs6L._SX342_.jpg (342x360, 12K)

*Hasexbox

>durable as fuck
>that analog

I wish you filmed it. Such comedy. Would be even better if it actually landed on front IO panel of your case and destroyed everything there. Catching on fire after all that would be nice too.

That used to be the case. Now the PS4 is the chad console

It wasn't made with Mario Party in mind, man.

>Now the PS4 is the fag console
FTFY

switch pro has the good battery life and i like the handles, but the d pad is somehow worse than the xbone and the triggers feel bad

Attached: 2615978-ps4gaystation.jpg (816x612, 50K)

True enough, the build quality of the XBone pads are a fucking mess, mainly with the design of the top triggers compared to the original 360 pad (which is still going strong). XBone pad does have a weightier feel, more precise analogs/buttons and a superior D-pad, bout it.

With all that censoring even Nintendo starts to give Sony smug looks.

at least micro usb is a universal cord you can get from other companies for like $3 instead of it being monopolized and $15

>plug phone in, light comes on, battery app says it's charging
>it is actually discharging and the battery will drain even while it says it is filling up
>this can happen even if the phone is turned off, when nothing should be using the extant power

>take it to a cellphone repair guy and tell him all this

>he plugs it in and says "no, look, it's charging"

Attached: 1544852960220.jpg (485x499, 33K)

At least it's easy to fix.

Hot

Attached: 1550026435603.jpg (320x320, 18K)

>buy Xbox one controller
>plug in with windows 10 OS
>good to go

>use literally any other controller
>must go through plethora of google searches to find the correct driver
>must make sure said game is compatible with controller

Yeah nah, ur a CUNT

My DS3 does this if you look at it funny. DS4 was much better in that regard, at least for me and my sample size of 3 controllers.

This is chinkshit with a japanese brand painted over it.
Ask me how I know.

Why did you look at it funny?
are you making fun of it?

I've been pleasantly surprised by this thing which is similar. Even has gyroscopic controls so Switch games still work and the like, and connects to PC (through Xinput), Android platforms, and Switch natively.

Attached: 1555218113323.jpg (1743x913, 131K)

How do you know?

You are 8bitdo shill? Loved my sf80pro btw.

*has literally no flaws whatsoever*

the buffalo is a product of japan but it is not made in japan.

Attached: 61KtkywXdqL._SX522_[1].jpg (522x327, 20K)

the bone controller doesn't use bluetooth dumbarses, it uses proprietary microsoft wireless mumbo jumbo, you need to buy an xbox specific dongle for it that only works with windows 10.

DS4 is the one you want for bluetooth connection.

Attached: no.png (333x536, 170K)

The new type does have Bluetooth.

Attached: my mistake.png (327x452, 148K)

Because I have one in my left hand.

>Ha, sex?
>No thanks.

Attached: gigachad.jpg (1068x601, 65K)

I've never owned or used anything from 8bitdo. I'm tired of nips pretending they make anything anymore.

Attached: japanese quote unquote product.jpg (4474x3426, 2.36M)

Why even have Bluetooth when it can be directly connected via USB and never have to worry about charging. Plus enjoy your latency with anything wireless lmao

How's the build quality?

Enjoy yours, wiredfag.

Attached: 6rVNjSU[1].png (1920x1080, 186K)

>fuck you and your wireless I'd rather have direct 1:1 connectivity with no input lag bullshit ya casuals

No such a thing with Xbox one controller.

Attached: 1553429618377.jpg (640x360, 21K)

Micro usb is so shit. They need to use those old camera connectors, they were a good solid connection.

Attached: usb2hab6.jpg (450x450, 19K)

USB-C is what the next gen will have and USB-C is good.

I never had Mario Party and I fucked mine just playing Zelda and 4p GoldenEye. Just holding the stick down forward (which most games needed you to do 99% of the time) fucked it up.

>just bought a Xbone controller with Micro-USB
>next Microsoft controller will surely be USB-C and be much better overall

Why do i always commit the mistake of buying stuff at the end of a generation?

Attached: 1562313931583.png (715x767, 51K)

I switched to using the wireless mode because of this after about 2 years of owning it, it's a great controller otherwise.

You have no idea what you're talking about, I'm using it on PC through bluetooth

>lemme pull some random ass unsourced chart pic out my ass as proof

Yeah nah. Try again.

This is why everyone in the tech community absolutely hates micro USB. It's a garbage connector used by garbage companies and needs to be abolished.

If you're a Dualshock 4 guy, I suggest getting one of these. They're like $10-15 and it physically pushes the wonky flimsy USB cord down on the controller, keeping it in place. Haven't had a disconnection ever since.

Attached: 61nOqS3NtBL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 17K)

Xbox One S controller known as Model 1708 has bluetooth bro.

>Having a wireless console controller
>"but you can plug a microUSB into it!"
Get your flimsy laggy wireless shit outta here.
The only wireless controller I'd ever entertain to have in my hands is if Logitech made a new F model with that Lightspeed shit they have in their newest mice.

Attached: f310-gaming-gamepad-images.png (521x342, 43K)

> but the d pad is somehow worse than the xbone
It's bad, but not THAT bad. It's not as mushy, but it's still got the fucking stupid "Press up, but I get left/right instead" issue. The Hori corded controllers feel light as fuck, but they have far better pads and triggers, also 1/3rd the price helps. No Gyro/Rumble/IR though so you're free to pick your poison.
Fuck the joy-con's though, sticks are useless for fighting games, and using the buttons as a faux d-pad just doens't work. I've got WakuWaku 7 and it's near unplayable in handheld mode.

imagine owning a dilationstation

>*has literally no flaws whatsoever*
It uses the same micro USB connector as the Xbone controller, champ.

Agreed fuck all these faggot heads I have to have dedicated drawers for each of these wire types

Yeah, Microshaft really dropped the ball hard with using microUSB (the fuck were they thinking, seriously?) which I was hesitant at first then as time went on the port wears out and it begins to become loose then eventually dies out making the entire controller fucking useless....

see

>connect via bluetooth
>charge via dock

behold, never have to use that port

hell, you can do the same with the bone controller if you wanted.

Attached: 10688701267998[1].jpg (1200x1200, 64K)

It's a solid piece of plastic but the d-pad is noticeably tighter than a snes one and the letter buttons are more spongey.
It's a chinkshit clone that's worth about 8 bucks but they sell it for 20 and pretend it's japanese. It's 80% the controller it should be.
Most of the time I just use a real saturn controller with a converter instead.

I bought mine for $11 on amazon so it seems about right to me.

>then eventually dies out making the entire controller fucking useless

Just buy a Nyko battery pack, their connector is directly on the battery itself, so you don't have to use the port of the controller itself.

>have to buy a dock and use it wirelessly to make it usable
lol

>wired
>best anything
nah
Modern controllers even get LESS input latency when used wirelessly.

It’s your cable 100%. I had this issue, and changing the cable fixed it.

Neat, i'll have to check that out, thanks user.

To be honest I never remember that snes controller is actually that good neither.
Is it still possible to get retro controller which isn't chinkshit? I remember in akiba they hang retro controller around in plastic bag, I don't quite believe that's the real deal. I'm looking to get original ps2, gamecube, and wii procon controllers. But it seems it is nearly impossible without paying collectors tax scam.

The headphone jack on my elite controller died. POS.

>NEVER had a problem with mini-USB
>already having problems with micro usb/usb c

Attached: 81mYXn-hDbL._SX466_.jpg (466x279, 15K)

Poor battery life
Poor ergonomics
Shit analog sticks
Creaky as fuck
Flimsy triggers

Garbage battery life, can't remove battery without voiding warranty, can't turn off the light without Steam, "options" and "share" buttons are too small and too close to the touchpad, triggers are mushy, MicroUSB port is angled downwards so if you place it on a desk it might bend the connector, XBone integrates better with Windows in general

The snes dpad is one of the best ever but if you're used to modern ones you may not like it. It's pretty touchy, not overly sensitive, but very easy to press and roll. If you're not accustomed to how they work you'll accidentally do diagonals all the time.
Only the saturn d-pad is even more easily rolled around.

The D-pad is an improvement over the DS3 and literally everything else about it is worse.

Because mini USB is a good connector. Micro USB is just too small and flimsy.

Are you talking about drifting? It happens to all of the controllers.

Just use Steam Input

Was this confirmed? I had heard about that but never knew if it was a legit claim

DA4 is the same, I had to buy three different cables over a year.

Looks super uncomfortable

>Modern controllers even get LESS input latency when used wirelessly.
lol no

If USB B was widely used again we wouldn't have this issue. It could easily fit on a big device like a controller.

Attached: index(3).jpg (800x800, 37K)

lol yes

Prove it then, where's your sources?

I want to live in your fantasy land.

It's no worse than a genuine SNES controller, it's a bit thicker to accommodate L2/R2 buttons in the back.

1. New controller will come out in about a year and a half.
2. The first revision usually has tons of issues, so it’s best you skip it.
So now you have about 2 to 3 years. Also, you’re very lucky if your controller lasts this long without any issues.

reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/comments/8wvf9u/controller_input_lag_comparison_more_info_in_the/
>inb4 reddit
Now show me your sources that prove wired is better.

>random redditor is your source
Nah, kill yourself. Show me Digital Foundry or any other reputable site.

Your source says the 360, Xbone and Steam controllers have less latency wired vs. wireless. Did you even read your source? The DS4 can be attributed to the fact that DS4Windows is the only native Xinput way to play DS4 on PC and its imperfect.

Which do you like more, the white or black Xbox controller?

Show me digital foundry proving that wired is better. Or are they less competent than a random redditor?

Black. My white one was defective out of the box. As soon as I used the USB it would force shut off the console.

Wireless literally travels at the speed of light. There's no such thing as latency unless you're a super human.

>his source disproves his own point
And the award retard of the week goes to...

But the wired is fast for everything except the dualshock 4. How does that prove your point?

But you wanted a white one though. Also, was it an s controller or from the base console?

One that came with the S console. I can only use it with batteries. Every Xbone controller I get has the A button input twice sometimes when pressing also.

I'm actually fine with using the battaries for now.
usually takes me a couple of weeks before i need a new pair.

Its biggest fucking flaw is that its wireless AND wired connections are shit.
You can put your fucking hand on top of the controller or rest it near your body and that's enough to see massive response latency and dropped inputs from just a meter away from the bluetooth receiver. This goes for both the PS4 and PC (with either DS4Win or Steam Drivers).
Even the newer model DS4 which doubled the polling rate has the same troubles.

Wireless will always be a fucking meme, even Logitech Lightspeed only works "well" when you have the wireless receiver right in front of it, or are using that proprietary charging pad which is also the wireless receiver, meaning shit is mere inches away from the device.

Look at the fucking test results in allegedly showing that the DS4 has super low latency. The reason it's getting such speeds is because the motherfucker is holding the controller right in front of the receiver. Most Scarlet Crush wrapper applications show latency for the Dualshock controllers, so you can test it yourself. Right next to the receiver, I see 3-4ms of latency. Move it away a few feet from the receiver to where I'd be sitting comfortably and actually playing a game, it fluctuates around 15-20ms and spikes with the slightest obstructions.

I get through batteries every two days. Rechargable AA batteries only laaty about 20 hours.

>Just every 2 weeks
>Instead of never needing batteries ever
>It's fine
>cuck logic

Creaky as fuck
Poor battery life
Poor ergonomics
Faulty analog sticks

>have a wireless adapter for 360 controllers
>bought an xbone controller
>it's not compatible for no fucking reason and the xbone wireless adapter costs as much as a new controller

the real bullshit right fucking here

This. It’s the reason why I went with the DS4 for PC a while ago.

you can't be this stupid, right

But a new Xbox controller that comes with the s/x consoles

The fact that Microsoft is still selling controllers that use AA batteries in this day and age baffles me, how the fuck do they get away with it?

>Creaky as fuck
THIS
Fucking shit build quality.

Xbox One controller isn't proprietary like the 360 controller. You can use it on USB or Bluetooth (v2 controllers). 360 you had to either buy wired or wireless controller.

Because it's better battery life than PS4 controllers. AA is also a common battery size/spec sold globally longer than you've been alive. So no worries about finding some proprietary batteries in the future.

Get any kind of cheapo bluetooth adapter and you're good to go.

I actually like that you can use whatever headphones you like with xbone.

>still on W7 cuz why the fuck would I "upgrade"
>connect xbone pad via bluetooth
>it works
>Or does it?
>in game all buttons are scrambled
>check steam big picture
>Everything's A ok!
>google
>M$ had proper drivers available, but they removed them and now they are part of W10 update
Meanwhile, DS4 works well. The fuck is wrong with M$?

ah yeah this is a perfect replacement for the xbox controller/dualshock
what a fucking retard

just upgrade your windows goy

Its like you faggot never heard about a GODDAMNED ENE-FUCKING-LOOP
There's more japanese engineering on a single eneloop battery than a whole ps4.

FUCK micro-USB. Mini-USB is better in every way. Micro-USB should only be used when it's absolutely necessary, and even then it's more likely the device you're making is thinner than it needs to be. There is no excuse for devices that are moved around a lot while connected to use micro-USB.

I only have a wired 360 controller for games with hard to use key binds, or with too many key binds to remember. It’s rare however.

Just place it on the table like this. Extremely stable the analog sticks act as grips.

Attached: ds4-face-down.jpg (1024x768, 77K)

>xbox one s controller
>STILL using a fucking cable
Nigga, it has bluetooth.

>playing your wireless controller wired in 2019
>being such a sperg you drop it

feels good being a nintendo chad

>buy original xbox
>Controller confiscated by police for being a war flail

>it even uses non-proprietary swappable batteries available from every store
How is this a disadvantage?

So what happened to actual wired controllers? Like controllers where the cord was attached to the controller and not this shitty micro USB, even most third party manufacturers only have wireless or really shit wired options

no one cares about wired controllers

... why would it use a USB *and* batteries?

what's with modern controllers and shitty analogs i've had a switch pro and an xbone controller for less than an year and the analogs already shifted ever so slightly to the right which is enough for some games to register.

>buy expensive aftermarket controller
>it loses 90% value the first time you drop it
>buy exclusive chrome 360 controller
>its been dropped a hundred times and still perfectly functional after five years

it's probably you, have gad my joy cons for over a year, still perfect. have had my xbone controller ever since 2015, no drift whatsoever.

I still use this bad boy. Over 10 years old and still no problems. Get fucked zoomers.

Attached: microsoft-xbox-360-wired-controller-.jpg (458x458, 26K)

>cheap chinese PCB with buttons on it
>that would be $34 please

Attached: 1512590720664.jpg (246x205, 8K)

Yeah, and batteries

Shut your dumbass up.

Microsoft
There's your problem.

>superior d-pad

it has a stupid cross shaped indented pad, it starts hurting my finger after 5 minutes of gameplay. The 360 pad isn't imprecise once you get used to it, and it uses a circle pad base, so it's WAY more comfortable.

They should've just used the Sega Saturn d-pad, that's comfy + accurate at the same time.

>the bone controller doesn't use bluetooth dumbarses, it uses proprietary microsoft wireless mumbo jumbo, you need to buy an xbox specific dongle for it that only works with windows 10.

I can use mine with w10 just fine with a generic Bluetooth adapter. The only problem is that it lags more that way, and if I hold down a button for a little bit and release it, it gets stuck. Which kind of makes it completely useless. I don't know if that's the fault of the Bluetooth receiver or not, but its a moot point because the pad sucks ass.

that dpad is fucking disgusting.

>2. The first revision usually has tons of issues, so it’s best you skip it.

I bought a x360 wired pad as soon as it came out and it worked perfect for almost ten years.

Wow, really?? If (You) were lucky enough to not have any issues, then sure it’s all bullshit.

USB for a hard power source and also to recharge it if you have rechargeable batteries/the battery pack thingy they sell.
The USB is also there to hook up to PCs. The XBone controller is actually the comfiest controller I've held, competing with the Gamecube and Switch Pro at 3rd/2nd, respectively.

The 360 controller remains the only good one Microsoft has made. When the sticks on mine finally degraded to the point that the rubberized coating was flaking off, I "upgraded" to a new Xbox One controller. It's ASS. I hated the ergonomics of the piece of garbage so much I threw it out and got a PS4 controller instead.

>2006
>cable stops working and you have to perform surgery on your controller again
Xbox controllers has and always will be shit.

Attached: 220px-Xbox-s-controller.jpg (220x196, 10K)