What is THE greatest video game ever?

What is THE greatest video game ever?

For me it's Red Dead Redemption 2.

Attached: sadfrog hand on chin.jpg (699x485, 68K)

Metal Gear Rising

Dota 2

Attached: yHONktM.png (583x768, 253K)

The next FIFA game

Nier Automata.

Metal Gear Solid 2

It would've been for me, if it wasn't for that stupid jailbreak mission.

Attached: 1562429446979.webm (1280x720, 2.33M)

FIFA Street 2012
close enough

Halo 3

Minecraft

Impossible question. Games are heavily dependent on their time and place, unlike Music, which will last generations. Goldeneye changed gaming forever, but played today it is hot garbage. Also, comparing completely different styles of games just doesn't work. WoW, with it's lengthy history and gaming milestones, could be considered one of the greatest games ever made, but you can't compare it to a single player experience like FF7, that you play through once and maybe replay a few times throughout your life. This question can only exist as a list of 50 or 100 greatest games of all time, that spans generations and different genres.

But to answer your question, it's objectively Tetris.

Tetris in terms of what?

story

Half life

Notoriety, accessibility, effect on the world, level of fun, references, everything. Tetris checks every single box as a video game in what it is and what it has accomplished. 90 year olds know what it is, and have played it. A 4 year old kid knows what it is and has played it. 50 years from now Tetris will still be here, 200 years from now new experiences will look back on Tetris pioneering games. It's like the chess of video games, Tetris is forever.

so is Pong

Actua Soccer 3.

Not the same user, but it's really not the same. Pong is way too simple, while Tetris is comples and has a quite high skill ceiling, which is why people keep playing it over and over.

>For me it's Red Dead Redemption 2.
Have you played a total of 3 games in your life?

>man who conceived it died with no reward

fuck life

Not really. Pong paved the way being one of the original video games, but is pong really fun? No. Do people really discuss pong other than it being one of the first games ever made? No. I would wager more people have played Tetris than Pong, because the accessibility of Tetris is insane, whereas Pong isn't something remade and redistributed consistently. You can find some shitty flash website and play pong easily, sure, but did the Pong Effect come out recently? Are people playing Pong tournaments? Pong is a novelty, like the game Tic-Tac-Toe. It exists because you have to start somewhere, and it was a simple start. Pong might be remembered, but it doesn't check as many boxes as Tetris as a historic landmark in gaming. Just because everyone knows what Tic-Tac-Toe is doesn't make it better or more memorable than chess.

No. Close in second place was Super Metroid

Outstanding taste OP.
My favourite is RDR2 as well but my 2nd favourite is MGS3

As someone who's never played reddead, maybe user just likes open worlds. Which is perfectly fine you absolute faggot

I'm still playing this game. There are still things on the map I haven't found. I'm upgrading my PC if and when it comes.

Attached: 1562424282599.webm (960x540, 2.48M)

Final Fantasy 8

Rapelay.

OLD GOOD
NEW BAD

Half Life 2

Attached: 1562367697707.png (680x680, 120K)