Mmos

Let's talk MMOs. A bunch are currently in development. You following any particular one?

Attached: DragonBall-Online_Players.jpg (640x512, 349K)

Why, yes OP. I'm currently following Camelot Unchained closely because the promise of a PvP-centric MMO in 2019+ is like an oasis in the desert.

Camelot Unchained, Crowfall, and Pantheon are the ones I'm interested in.

nothing has sparked my interest lately

All those FFXIV threads are getting to me but im not a big fan of Final Fantasy in general unless you count the bravely games as FF

Only worth playing ironically. FFXIV fags need to kys asap

usually osrs but i haven't played in months

I am a big fan and ffxiv depresses me

I've been looking at those too. Project Gorgon seema dead in the water unfortunately. Less than 200 players on steamcharts. Everquest Next got canned too.

A friend goaded me to try it and for some reason, my target deselects every time I attack.

Unnamed MTG MMO by Cryptic Studios

I think it's Vaporware and even if does come out it will be shit but i'm curious to see if there going to try anything unique

Shame about EQN. It looked like it could be really interesting.

Got bored of FFXIV real fast, main story ruins the game. PVP sucks.

Can't wait for classic WOW, I know at least 3-4 friends who will also play at launch so I know we'll have a good times.

I only need dofus to sate my MMO needs forever.

I played the EQN beta, even had it installed on my previous computer
It was pretty damn comfy for the day or so I played it, I made a little waterfront shack
the game was extremely barebones though, lots of issues trying to get into a multiplayer realm with other people

Still playing Dofus. Still as good as ever

Landmark, wasn't it? I knew some people that put a lot of time into it.

why does anyone pay attention to these? they're guarnateed to be dead. they're not FF14 or WoW. Who cares.

If FF14 managed to place itself in your sentence then so other MMOs can

Final Fantasy is one of the biggest gaming IPs of all time.

I just want a MMORPG with a $15/month sub and no cash shop, where I can build my house and live in the world, is that really so much to ask for?

Dragon Quest X, even though it'll never get localized I've been messing with the free trial. It's pretty good, feels like FFXI but with some modern touch-ups that make it less obtuse.

Just finished Shadowbringers; it was pretty good. Hoping Classic WoW does well, so that there's hopes for official TBC/Wrath/Cata servers. I was never big into Vanilla so I won't be partaking but hopefully it goes alright for those Homefags. I've been playing some RO private servers too but all that shit does is depress me. It just reminds me that ever since the beta hack RO was truly always meant to be shit, and all its potential went down the drain before it even released. Beyond that I'm following most big name MMOs but I don't really have any hope for them. I'm just tired of being let down like most people are. I'll probably give MapleStory 2 another try soon but I don't expect to be any more "impressed" than I was when it launched.

Attached: 1552657758167.jpg (1536x2048, 601K)

>no cash shop
haha

You can do that in FF14 for a whole lot of money.

dragon quest X in english when

>tfw just want a good ol' eq-style mmo with public dungeons and actual player interaction

I hope Pantheon is good, but will it have public dungeons?

Mog Station.

Amazingly FFXI's servers on PC are still alive to this day however you won't find many players without finding a community or reaching endgame at this point

Why do people like MMOs? Why do people pay for mindnumbingly simple gameplay, per month? What's the point of an endless grind of the same thing over and over and over?

>PvP
you have to be 18+ to post here.

>Tfw they literally said they're not gomma trash their game for mainstream casuals gor the sake of worthless short term profit (actual expectations of players somewhat, you'll be able to straight up gimp your character if you go full retard)
>Has Mark fucking Jacobs spearheading the project

The potential is there, hopefully it's fucking good bros

im still playing archeage (archerage)

It's only gonna be like 60% ish PvP, there will be PvE content of course

If only Archeage would just charged a fucking sub and been happy with it...

Shitter who can only beat opponents designed to lose detected

Attached: 1513072165777.jpg (525x525, 49K)

Crowfall mainly. I loved warhammer online a lot and the combat in it looks similar to that.

easily ignorable

Why does that baby saiyan have such a fucking shredded body?

XIV
This expac is fantastic

Attached: 052.jpg (1920x1080, 285K)

Shadowbringers is dope as fuck.

Attached: tempered.jpg (1920x1080, 242K)

Because you're retarded

>camping the fucking market
My nostalgia is fucking exploding right now. Damn I miss DBO.

Too bad everyone's 8k now and you can't progress without P2W anymore.

>A bunch are currently in development.
Who gives a shit. Every MMO these days is theme park garbage.

right, so why are you here?

fuck off retard

I feel bad for anyone who never experienced DAoC PvP
Not the sit around on a castle and click on a trebuchet for 20 minutes or the objective flipping in Warhammer, which is sadly what Camelot Unchained seems to be headed for, but taking your 7 best bros to venture out into the ends of the wilderness and fighting until you die or kill enough of them to build a legend from your killing blows flooding in their region chat

mmo's are a huge delusion.
what you think it'll be:
>sandbox
>open world
>adventure
>crafting
>collecting
>interacting with the world
>becoming unique
>whatever else
what it'll actually be:
>soulless grind to get weapons everybody else has
>nobody will ever even notice your name and for sure nobody will ever remember you
>"adventure" (doing the same quests everybody else does, but you are a "hero" keep telling that yourself lmao xD)
>sandbox (mobile games have more sandbox)
>you will never become unique, you will never stick out, even npc's get more attention than you
>at the end you'll just run around kill things for no reason other than killing time

mmo's failed. they are a big delusion and will never be fixed.

Isn't pso2 getting an official localization? Seems like it might be cool.
Other than that I'll just keep playing dfo

pso2 sucks... doesnt realize what made pso1 so good

Why do asians have no idea how to make a clean UI?

In other words you are mad because you had delusions of being an MMO anime protagonist but you're just another citizen of the world unless you autismo no-life it boohoo.

pso2 is carried on its gameplay alone, the endgame is sit in the lobby until emergency quest shows up so you can clear it to either slowly progress toward getting a guaranteed piece of gear or getting it to drop for you if lucky, while hoping units (armor) drops for you because that shit isn't guaranteed
i hear this excuse all the time and no one ever explains why, at this point ive come to believe its just nostalgia bullshit. that said pso2 does still blow, but not because "pso1 was better"

PSO1's endgame was a test of your skills, seeing how far you could take the robust fast weapon swapping system, swapping weapons to deal with threats as efficiently as possible and learning all room and spawn patters to get those low TA times.

PSO2 endgame is just a screen clear button for every room. The combat is brainless.

i liked playing silkroad online because it had no instances, the server was one server. all players could be in one town at the same time. you have stalls where you could sell up to 8 items, no auction houses, so the town was filled with little shopping stalls. then you have a trader-thief conflict. you could buy items in one town with a slow horse/camel/bull and then transport it to another town and get a huge profit. but thiefs could attack you and rob and sell your trading goods. you also had hunters who got profit for defending your trade until you reach the next town.
therefore: you actually have risk and reward in the open world and no instances, all in the same persistent world in one server.
you also had unique monsters spawning very 10 hours or so and when you killed the the whole server saw your name so you could get famous if you killed high level uniques often.
and you have actual crafting.
you could find seal of star, seal of moon and seal of sun gear/weapons. star was +5 levels, moon +10 levels, sun +15 levels. and then you have elixirs which could make your weapon up to +16 or so. so your level 70 weapons could go up to level 101 or so. and based on the seal or elixir advancement you had different glows.
and you also had other stones. e.g. a weapon had phy. attack value of 66.3 (+0%) and you could advance it to (+100%). but it was all luck based, you basically had to use the stones over and over again until the value was maxed out. and you had blue values, e.g. critical chance etc.
and your skills were permanent. when you skilled a fire blader you had a fire blader. you could never change back. so everybody had a permanent role.
man and the level design was just epic, actually based in mythology and had a very comfy feel.

it was the only time i really enjoyed an mmorpg.

>what you think it'll be
You wanna know why people keep wanting that? It's because they've played games before that had most of the things you listed. Unfortunately, WoW started the trend of making fake mmos and that hasn't stopped despite every single one of them flopping.

pso2 does blow because pso1 is better. it abandoned a lot of the core game design elements of pso1. rares are no longer rare, items are now soulbound instead of everything being tradeable, auction house defeats the purpose of talking and haggling/trading with others, races are no longer unique in gameplay they are all the same but with different starting stats, weapons no longer have special gameplay effects all that matters is damage, these are just a few things pso2 fucked up not even including the art style and story.

pso 2 items are just stat sticks. PSO1 items were all slightly different and had a reason to try to keep collecting them and running hard bosses.

if we talk about mmorpgs we have to talk about rubberbanding

For a Japanese game FFXIV feels super westernized. I really wish there were a proper shameless anime WoW clone. I guess Tera is the closest there is.

Well he did just admit to playing 14

Any new MMOs coming out soon?

few playing 14 are FF fans, they're all just WoW refugees looking for the next alternative

Just started playing guild wars 2. The fighting on it is great, imo. Can use any kind of weapon even if you are warrior

Not really "coming out", but some are starting to hit early access.