Over 10 years later and nothing has filled the void of your absence

Over 10 years later and nothing has filled the void of your absence

Attached: Dead_Space_Box_Art.jpg (600x746, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/W-0Ra-uEnqM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The only good TPS horror game we have got since is The Evil Within.

Attached: 20181010212525_1.jpg (1920x1080, 426K)

>first game sells 2 million copies and is profitable
>second game sells 2 million copies and is profitable
>third game
>IT BETTER SELL 5 MILLION COPIES OR ELSE
>third million game sells 2 million copies and is profitable
>kill the franchise anyway

I still don't get it. EA is literally sitting on $4 billion of cash. Why not spend it on a niche franchise that's profitable?

They're the most hated company for a reason

Is DS3 worth checking out?

No.

is ds3 alright to play alone? i don't have any friends to co op with

dark souls 3 is worth checking out
dead space 3 is a no go

It's okay. The best part was the opening section when you explore derelict spaceships. Things get repetitive once you get to the planet

yes. i just started it with low hopes but I'm enjoying it more than the others to be honest

It was never that good.
Alien Isolation was scarier.

Attached: soyjannymad.jpg (1042x533, 179K)

for co-op experience

It's actually not horrible for the start when you're on the ship, but as soon as you crash land on the planet... just stop.

Depends on what you're looking for. If you want some meaty action with your spooky then DS is better.

Read their financial reports. They literally want to just have a few sports titles + star wars. Although I don't know why they're keeping all that cash.

Business 101 is if the company can't find a profitable way to expend the cash it has, beyond what it needs for daily operations, it should distribute it to shareholders.

I love A:I but the gameplay of DS1 or 2 are country miles ahead of that borderline walking sim.

Not really. The co-op and gunner human enemies ruin the horror aspect that made the first two games good. Also you don't need any other weapons than the shotgun. The same could be said about the PC in the old games but at least the Plasma Cutter was different.

>Why not spend it on a niche franchise that's profitable?
Greed. They are most corporations want absolute infinite growth. Turning a nice profit is meaningless if shareholders think it could be more.

A cancer upon the industry buying successful ips just to kill them.

Isolation was too long. It should have been half as long. The second half was just repeating the shit you already did. It dragged out the game with no payoff

Maybe if you have a friend. I wasn't scared while playing the game; just pissed off the whole time, especially near the end. All of the RIGs are fucking hideous, btw.

I felt the same about DS and DS2

But sitting on $4 billion of cash is stupid. That money is only generating interest. If they're greedy they want to maximize their profit. To maximize their profit, they need to make vidya. But they're not. They have $4 billion which could be used to fund more games but they aren't.

Was this a good ending to the franchise?

Attached: ds3brothermoons.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

I guess that's fair. Got a little repetitive having to go fix yet another system on the Ishimura but at least they constantly added new unique locations and new enemies unlike Isolation

God, no. Me and my brother played it pirated and it was still hot fucking trash.

Because EA isn't content with a game just making a decent amount of money unless your name is Unravel by the looks of things.

They gave the franchise an honorable death from EA

The second one is infinitely better.

>That money is only generating interest
Do you have any idea how much interest that would generate for them? Also there is a chance a game would fail no matter what franchise they try to boot up or niche they try to enter, so unless it seems like a surefire success you can see why faggot out of touch shareholders would look at a proposal and say no if it doesn't include microtransactions and fortnite emotes.
For the record I agree with you and wish they would take more chances. Gen 8 was fucking ass cancer because so many publishers and companies were complacent and did nothing but reboot IPS and make sequels and remakes , but hey, EA wasn't voted the worst company in the world twice because they agreed to fund small passion niches.

>there's an alternate timeline where Visceral got bought out by a better publisher and they got to make the Dead Space 3 they wanted to
>we don't live in it

Just end it.

no, cliffhangers are bad mkay

I like "shit's fucked" endings, but this could have been handled better.

Alien vs Aliens comparison

>Was this a good idea to have the true ending of the last game in the series through a fucking DLC?
Thanks, EA!

Attached: 28fj3w.jpg (633x758, 62K)

okay Yea Forums, how would you spin a sequel from this ending
I can't personally think of any solution other then deus ex machina with another alien race that warps in and starts fighting the moons

Hallucination

>gets bought by Nightdive
>merges System Shock universe with Dead Space
>Isaac bo-ops with Soldier
>Shodan comes up with a plan to fight moons
Y/n?

The one chick from the spin-off with the ultra alien powers comes in and saves the world with the help of isaac

That's just lazy man

youtu.be/W-0Ra-uEnqM

We find out that humans give the moons bad IBS and they literally shit themselves to death if they ingest us. Leaving a half eaten Earth floating in space.
Alternatively a Junji Ito crossover where Hellstar Remina comes and kicks their ass only to turn on us and wipe out humans anyways for the lols.

Attached: 2spooky.gif (475x347, 486K)

only fun part was the BENCH weapon customization with Upper/Lower fire modes

want the top half of your gun to be a spike-throwing shotgun and the bottom half to be an electro-mine trap? you can mix and match so much shit on your guns its awesome

that part was fucking great, everything else dead space 1 and 2 executed better.

Attached: nice boot.gif (350x280, 2.59M)

LEXINE WILL SAVE THE SERIES

the best combo is some sort of machine gun on top and exploshive bottom attachment, plus a mod that makes you invulnurable to said explosions. OP as fuck, just shoot under yourself whenever surrounded

Is DS2 worth playing?

I loved the first game but I just never bothered to play the second

2 is more action-y but it's still fun. It's not scary but then DS1 wasn't scary either.

Absolutely. It's definitely more action oriented than the first but the gameplay improvements are worth it IMO.

DS2 Is a great game and a worthy sequel to DS1

without being bitter about it, yeah it's a fine and fun game. If you liked the others you will probably still find DS3 fun.

Yep. Everyone was worried about Isaac getting a voice and they knew it so he ended up good when speaking and losing his mind as well. It's a great sequel but it is more action-y.

The only downside with this is they seem to be making the guns pretty regular. I'm worried there won't be some special gimmick for it since limb cutting was great.

Man whales are a fucking cancerous demographic if they are that fucking dependable of a payout that any mediocre game will hook them.