Enemy fights you with illusions

>enemy fights you with illusions

Attached: 1562459950120.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WNu6fRo_7fg
youtube.com/watch?v=3NMGsRmZTFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=20cPIkXXhK4
youtube.com/watch?v=l2gnWrDQmno
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The movie was nothing special but I’ll admit the actual Illusions were actually good

Is that from the DC/PSX/N64 game? That game was fucking awesome

Yeah, that game was great and had a ton of villains as bosses

Thanks doc

movie was alright, but the better "twist" would have been he really wasn't evil.

Present.

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 36K)

I wish they had done more illusion fuckery though

>better "twist" would have been he really wasn't evil.
He wasn't though? Seriously, the guy was in the right. Fuck Tony and fuck rich people. The Vulture and Mysterio did nothing wrong!

Attached: 1560539988168.png (468x529, 441K)

user
[spoilers]the twist was that Mysterio was good all along[spoilers]

He was clearly greedy and unstable. Maybe he had a reason to be upset and maybe he took the only path he saw he could but he was approaching "retarded Ozymandias" territory with his 'necessary sacrifice'. His utopia would never have lasted

Vulture was kind of a anti villain but Beck is straight out a bad guy. He threatened his crew at gunpoint and was willing to kill a whole cityand personally kill some kids.

He's the true first big villain for MCU Peter and while he's just a dude, he had power on a scale few mcu heroes could deal with. Spider-man felt powerful for the first time on those new movies.

The visuals when Spidey was being played around with in the abandoned warehouse were really good. That fall into a sudden splat was great. I'm a huge sucker for characters having their grasp of reality slip away from them - so that whole segment was 10/10 for me

Attached: 2012-08-28_00007.jpg (1440x810, 119K)

The Movie self was pretty eh but that scene at the end where he uses his spider sense to over come the illusion. KINO.

Attached: 1532620292879.png (411x533, 242K)

Peter tingle

arkham knight was such an infuriating game. it had all the potential in the world, lots of psychological fuckery, EXCELLENT character moments but it just falls flat on its face in the end and the PC port was literally one of the worst ports of all time.

plus all the riddler grinding just for a slightly longer ending that doesn't feel anymore satisfying was a real turn off.

>that moment where the scene abruptly cuts to him breaking Mysterio's wrist on the final illusion

Almost clapped.

Fucking insonmaniac blew their load with a trippy scene with scorpion of all people on the ps4 game and now based Mysterio won't feel fresh if he comes back on the sequel.

If I remember right Peter already beat him when you see the newspaper clips and he reminisces about old villains right?

>the best part of the mcu spider-man movie is the villain
If they make a Sinister Six movie with big name actors in every role, it's going to be expensive.

Attached: my-image(11).png (1064x560, 632K)

>JK Simmons is back

KINO

>TURNING THE FUCKING SPIDERS GAY

AOC: Threat or Menace?

OH FU

Attached: spider-man OH NO.webm (1012x432, 230K)

Post yfw Zombie Iron Man

Attached: run.gif (498x334, 2.41M)

Any half decent cam rips?

>They got all the boring origin shit out the way with the first movie
>They got all the boring romance shit out the second movie
>Now there's litterally nothing holding Spiderman back from having his own "Ragnarok" with the third.
Yep, looks like Kinos back on the market boys.

Attached: Cool Mario.png (298x224, 40K)

>hes an Alex Jones parody
Wasnt expecting that, but its really fitting.
I like it

Attached: Itachi_Uchiha.jpg (800x600, 75K)

Was that the scene that was supposed to make people outraged? Lmao there was zero reaction from my theater. Do they really think the audience is that big of a pussy?

A girl behind me was more mad when MJ said she was only interested in Pete for suspecting he's spider man.

god i love peter so much he's my husband, no homo

>Alex Jones Rip-off
I’ll admit that’s something I really wanted

>Ragnarok chum
>Jeff Goldblum as the Lizard
>Eddie Brock as Spiderman's Hulk
Could you imagine

Attached: 1560971424000.gif (400x300, 974K)

>two movies to hammer down the idea that Peter is the next leader of Earth's heroes
>first movie showed his kindness for saving a dying villain who beat him
>he beat Mysterio dodging literally thousands of bullets, proving he's a top tier hero

Yep. 3rd movie will be kino, hopefully

The movie was pretty fun.
>THAT character in the post-credits scene

Focking hell I couldn't believe they actually got JK Simmons to do it. Also dude is old as hell

I actually jumped on my seat, took a while to realize what happened.

I am, yet I can only get so erect, user

I thought to myself
>eh it's not terrible. no Avengers but certainly not as bad as BP or garbage like The Dark World
>JJJ shows up
K I N O
I
N
O

Attached: dante.png (579x450, 331K)

Alright lads we finally got our live action Mysterio

Who's next? Kraven? Ock? Big Wheel?

God, every fucking time she was on screen I got a boner.
I want to FUCK Aunt May.
I want to GIVE PETER A COUSIN.
FFFFFFFFFFUCK

>Camera zooming in on the spiders eyes that turn into a row of Mysterio’s.
>Spidey trapped in a snow globe that turns into Mysterio’s dome.
Easily the best part of the movie. Mysterio carried this movie hard in general.

T. Happy

When they were talking about the elementals I thought "wow this shit is so fucking dumb and contrived, what were they thinking?" and I wasn't sure if mysterio would be good or not due to marketing. but WOW he was a kino villain

Attached: tip.jpg (600x623, 49K)

They also did some really cool edit with Mysterio's eyes, I need to see that scene again.

I would unironically love to see big wheel done with modern cgi

Okay so, dudethathatespeterbutlovesspider what was his deal? What was that "oh mother couldn't come?" shit at the end?
Is he Harry Osborn?

seriously has there ever been a vidya character that did the whole mind screw thing better than psycho mantis?

>That part where Mysterio flat out says this sort of bullshit super hero story is what the public wants.

Pretty meta.

>Man, Nick Fury sure is acting like a dumbfuck retard this whole movie

>that 2nd post-credit scene

MOTHERFUCKERS

Also what the hell was that? Are the rest of the Avengers going to war or something?

no thats flash the bully

Agreed. I liked that but it's ironic coming from Didney of all companies

Attached: dreadful.png (451x537, 343K)

I've heard people saying that he's supposed to be Harry in a witness protection program or something.

It was a little moment of characterization. He's a rich dude that's an asshole towards Peter but genuinely loves Spider-man.

That scene was meant as "oh, his parents kinda neglect him, that's why he lashes out on others"

Nah bro Nick is founding Sword, basically just space Shield with alla dem scrolls

If they’re going to follow through with Spiderman being hunted as a criminal then Kraven is the most logical thing to do. I really wish they had built up Osborn from the first movie and on, but they didn’t so having him show up would feel forced.

Spectacular did it better

Nah, he's just the guy who bullies Peter when they're young but they become best friends when they're oldee

Whoever told you that is a retard, he's just a reimagining of Flash Thompson from jock bully that beat up Peter to rich fuck bully that talks a lot of shit

This Fat Son of a Bitch is Banging Super Hot Aunts, and Basically, You Are Fucking Spider-Man

Attached: C7453CE4-F1C6-4E17-9C12-F146B816C931.jpg (2400x3464, 504K)

My problem with that is how JJ works better as an upstanding journalist who delivers the truth (whenever its not Spider-Man related)
Him being a Jones caricature feels cheap

If they tease Rhino one more fucking time and not follow through on it I'm gonna lose my shit!
Also that cock tease with Earth 616. I really hope they do something with that and that's not just a funny reference.

Attached: Mable Jack Daniels.png (3320x3044, 961K)

>That issue where gym teacher Flash and science teacher Peter go at it in a game of dodgeball

HAPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

and Jones isn't like mainstream news on tv and stuff

I agree. I'm not sure why Marvel is so afraid to make a villain truly sympathetic. It was the same for Kilmonger, I was honestly rooting for him for most of the movie but then he tries to kill the little sister in an obvious "oh shit yeah this dude needs to actually be evil right?" move. God forbid the viewers walk out wondering who was right between the hero and the villain or why they had to fight or what the grand meaning behind all of it is. No it's just "bad man bad, le hulk smash"

its just a funny reference Jake Gyllenhaal even called those who fell for it dumb

May Hogan as a nice ring to it

>469459017
This movie was so fucking Kino, Spider-Man was made into such a badass like goddamn. He survives being hit by a highspeed tank and once he wakes up he does straight to kicking the shit out of mysterio

Attached: 1560852239826.jpg (300x168, 16K)

great boss

Modern writers miss the point that JJJ is a good man but obviously flawed since he goes full retarded when it comes to Spider-man, who was the first big masked hero of the Marvel universe

Much easier to write him as a caricature of people they don't like for political reasons.

Norman working with JJJ, together they hire Scorpion to kill Peter.

Attached: Why anon.jpg (722x690, 64K)

Vulture was kinda sympathetic.
He gave Peter many chances to fuck off so he wouldn't kill him, had a believable motive being the underdog who got fucked by a big corporation and he didn't ruin Peter's identity as thanks when his life was saved by him.

that would've been retarded

JJJ was never a good man lmao

Spider-man is always badass my man.
Genuinely one of the best heroes out there.

Jake hurt me too but that makes his character that much better this movie was surprisingly good imo

Somewhat but being down to kill a kid goes a long way towards eroding sympathy

He is in the comics, ie the one canon that matters

They still haven’t done the best Spider-Man trope in these movies yet

>Peter getting into the suit and just swinging around the city to think about his problems because it makes him feel more confident

>there are people genuinely surprised ovwr mysterio being a bad guy

I understand most people don't read comics since they're for nerds, but don't people watch the cartoons? Play the games? I'm sure there has been a spidey cartoon for the last 3 generations and I bet they all had Mysterio being featured

>J. Shows Up
> Spiderman is Evil and is Peter Parker

Attached: d77.gif (700x285, 3.38M)

>that scene when Happy started playing Back in Black as a nod to Iron Man
>Hey, I love led Zeppelin
Fuck, that got me

Attached: 1560269180524.png (905x619, 566K)

For me, I wasn't sure if Marvel was gonna pull a Scrolls and make him a good guy

They kinda did it at the end of the new movie, when he's going to pick MJ up for a date.

Seeing Spidey just swinging around and doing cool stunts actually feels pretty good. Wouldn't mind an extended shot of just him going around the city

>His fishbowl turns into a New York snow globe
That part was kino

Fucking zoomers

Reminds me of being among fellow peers in High School (Winter Soldier was 5 years ago) and they were speculating who he was.
I said "He's Bucky"
In response they said "user don't be stupid, Bucky's dead"
I mean, of course they didn't read the source material so I wasn't surprised
Expecting Mysterio not to be a liar is just idiotic on a different level

I miss when sharigans were used to just fuck with peoples realities

Skrulls are good guys now since Captain Marvel, anything can happen in the MCU.

Skrull are "good" yeah totally not setting up the Secret War. Nope, they super good now.

>Black Panther
>Garbage
Dude shut up. It was better than either aborted fetus that were the Hulk movies.

To be fair there was that period after Annihilation where Super Skrull was calling the shots.

Several other Skrulls were the villains on his annihilation arc.
Even if there are a few sympathetic skrulls, they should always be assholes.

After the mess of Cpt. Angrycunt they damn well better give me Secret Wars.

Not him, but I liked the Hulk movies. And their existence brought enough eyes to give us Ultimate Destruction, and that game kicks ass.

Spiderman where a Skrull is the villain but it turns out to be Chameleon

!

Attached: what.jpg (462x438, 63K)

I was telling my friends I WISH I didn't know who Mysterio was, the villain twist felt so empty to me.

Swarm the Nazi made of Bees

Attached: Marvel_Comics_Swarm_(Render).png (459x701, 363K)

After the fan reaction and the rumors of how Brie Larson is a total bitch to the other Avengers actors. I wouldnt be surprised if they change their plan of having her the new face of MCU and giving that role to Spidey, Panther or Iron Heart or Reed Richards

Time for a lil... PEST CONTROL MUHAHAHAHA

Were Molten Man and Hydro Man just illusions by Mysterio so he can be held as a hero/get fame? I haven't seen the movie, just predicting that is what will happen.

Too rad for MCU.

Ok so can someone fill me in on what that last end credit scene meant? I didn’t watch Captain marvel, but I’ve heard that Skrulls are good guys in the MCU, so the end credits scene with nick fury talking to the skulls is supposed to set up for what exactly?

Attached: 237107FE-22E9-47C9-8ACF-1D743660928A.jpg (387x302, 32K)

No named foes, just evil elementals, if you've seen the trailer they already say he's "from another world!" So, you know, lies.
"These creatures destroyed my world, but I can help you stop it here!" I liked the real motive though, alot deeper than I remember Mysterio being, but I'm a spider-casual anyway.

So why didnt EDITH instantly recognize mysterio as an stark exemployee?
Infact why arent all stark exemployees on a high priority watch list?

Attached: 1510228980921.jpg (918x863, 146K)

Just shows how much Nick's let them get in deep. Either just a kicker to say HE'S IN SPAAAAACE EVERYONE, AIN'T THAT COOL?!, or it's a wink to comic fans and Secret Wars.

It's funny but it dates the movie. It also makes it difficult for him to actually pull off real journalism. Even the video game knew not to go full throttle on the Alex Jones angle.

It's all holograms and drones

Beard

AKCHYUALLY

Because Tony was a dreamer and naive.

why didn't spiderman use edith when fighting the elementals. wouldn't he have realized they were just illusions

Spectacular is the single best piece of Spider-Man media, it's borderline unfair to compare others to its gold standard.

I liked it and would watch it again, it was comfy kino. Something I can't say for any Avengers movie.

>Ultra high tech billion dollar defense system
>Gets thrown off by a beard
Honestly i can see the director actually using that excuse

I thought Gyllenhaal did pretty shitty as Mysterio, but then I realized that since his character was acting in those scenes, it may just be that Mysterio was the shitty actor. He got better when Mysterio stopped playing the hero.

>wear one-of-a-kind glasses that allow you access to Stark defense system in the middle of a fight with shit blowing up everywhere
Also they wouldn't fit under his mask.

It's not just Tony, the whole thing that Fury runs is basically the CIA on steroids. It's just incoherent.

>dont even like the MCU that much
>Im the only person i know that instantly recognized the callback to ironman
youtu.be/WNu6fRo_7fg

I swear these guys just watch these movies because they are popular

Gyllenhaal did such a good acting job, people thought he was a bad actor because the character he was acting, was actually a bad actor. Kino.

I wanted more super-cheesy, bro-styrio to hang out with spider-chump.
Gyllenhall did pull off the evil cunt role really well though.

They got the rights to Norman Osbourne. As in, the GREEN. GOBLIN.

You saw how easily the glasses fell off when he was on the bus

SHIELD is dead mate, Fury hasnt ran shit since Winter Solder when he went underground. And after Thanos, a couple of former Stark employees is the least of Furys worries.

>only one frame where he struck his iconic web slinging pose
Also, are they still doing the Stan Lee cameos? Because I could swear I saw him at the end

Attached: spider-man.jpg (1000x667, 202K)

This was the first movie without one.

But they have database and shit. I don't know, I just think it's bad writing.

Why does this board have good discussion for anything but games?

I'm really fucking pissed Slott killed Flash as a last fuck you before finally letting go of ASM's mangled corpse. Flash is the character with the single most genuine, non-reset/erased positive character development in the entire Spider-Man mythos and now he's fucking dead which means at best he won't be further desecrated or at worst they'll bring in the bullshit retcons and pull a Resurrection of Flash Thompson out their asses. If there's one thing I hate more than characters dying for drama or sales it's stupid fucking bullshit resurrection arcs, status quo resets and revolving door death.

Because games are for pussies, dyel?

Well fuck

Cross board posting is always fun. I'm sure if you looked hard enough, there'd be a comfy vidya thread somewhere else for the same reason off topic threads are nice here. A lot of it stems from on-topic threads being 'tired' so they don't get as much sincere conversation

Attached: spiderman bants.jpg (703x670, 131K)

This tierlist is terrible. Just to point out the biggest flaw, Civil War, Winter Soldier, and Endgame are not at all "unforgettable". The original Avengers, MAYBE Iron Man, are the only other ones that should be put with IW.

That was some 10/10 Mysterio fuckery

Attached: screams.gif (264x320, 1.48M)

Hoping for actual kino so we need either Paste Pot Pete or Stiltman

Cant believe i watched iron man 10 even though he is dead. Though the illusion is so damn cool.
In before spiderman 3 is gonna be iron man 11

Attached: hmpf.png (381x524, 81K)

90% certain it'll be Scorpion who's bankrolled Jameson and a finished suit by Tinkerer.

I never gave a shit about Slott, but killing based Flash, aka the guy who existed and was constantly developed as a character since amazing fucking fantasy 15, panel fucking 1, actually made me hate him.

I'm just waiting for his ressurection at this point. Legitimately hope writers don't go full retard with dumb "durr I'm gonna respect Slott's story and leave him dead" shit

Setup for S.W.O.R.D

youtube.com/watch?v=3NMGsRmZTFQ

No he wasn't, if you're referring to the early Spider-Man runs. He was a piece of shit who was secretly jealous of Spider-Man because he was a hero.

I'm honestly glad the dumb Skrull twist might mean no Secret Wars. The "you can't trust anyone!" gimmick gets real tiresome after a while.

You mean the same comics where he funded Spider-Slayers that terrorized the city and grafted a scorpion suit to a guy? The same comics where he spent decades driving Spider-Man through the mud instead of doing some actual reporting and exploited his employees like a fucking tyrant? JJJ is a hateful, spiteful angry little man at best and a straight up villain blinded by his rage and jealousy at worst. He's always been an incompetent angry buffoon whose only good decisions he made when his house nigger was there to tell him how fucking stupid all of his ideas and plans actually are.

Note that I'm speaking about 616 JJ here, Ultimate JJ is actually based.

>pic
This kind of thing is why I still have reservations about Tom Holland. I want an older, more confident Spider-Man. I don't want to have to wait for him to grow up, and then likely be as awkward as now, because reddit.

>Skrulls involved
>Norman rights
I smell some Dark Avengers kino on the menu

That scene was the point where the movie went from snooze fest to legitimately entertaining. And Mysterio pulling out Zombie Iron Man was stone cold.

So what are the odds that Dave guy broods obsessively over losing MJ to Pete and becomes the next super villain?

I’m pretty sure he only really endorsed the first spider-slayers that did nothing but chase Spider-Man down without much public destruction. That and Scorpion just kinda fucked itself.

Outside that, he’s a prick, but deep down he’s a pretty chill man.

Why do people keep saying this? How is he comparable to Alex Jones aside from them both being digital reporters? If anything, Alex Jones is a parody of J. Jonah Jameson

>4 panels in a row of top tier banter
How does he do it?

Oh no oh NONONO spideybros what the fri*k was that!?

That would have pissed me off, even if the twist is obvious you can't use Mysterio and not have him be a lying piece of shit

So how many more films does Disney have with Spider-Man? How much do you think Disney would have to give up to get Spidey back from Sony?

Its guaranteed. even now he's stalking her social media page and masturbating to her pics.

Maybe he'll be the MCU's actual Flash since Dave is more of a Flash than MCU Flash

Disney is just gonna wait ten years then buy Sony outright

I believe I did point out he's a good man that goes full retard when it comes to spidey. I do actually read comics.

Pretty much every stupid villain he helped create came back to bite him in the ass.

Peter's gimmick is that he's awkward and immature, he's only confident there because of the symbiote suit

You're thinking of 1610 Peter and the symbiote doesn't work like you think it does on comics.

>Watched this movie with my dad
>"That aint Led Zeplin that's ACDC
>MFW I didn't get the joke until after he said that.

Attached: 1546310513912.gif (400x400, 1.99M)

That means you're a zoomer just like Pete

YOU TOOOOK MY FAAAAMILYYYY

Haven't read Spencer's ASM yet but I like his work. Maybe he'll bring Flash back before he leaves.

Actually Spider-Man's gimmick, for decades, was that he constantly grew up and matured, which set him apart from most heroes, but after decades of constant character development and evolution, they just gave up and pretty much downgraded the character and made him stuck on status quo.

Go read comics from the early 2000s where he's effectively an adult providing for his wife and see a recent comic where he just acts like an awkward manchild.

One more Spidey solo film after FFH before the contract's up, so renegotiations are likely going on as we speak.

Whether or not Sony are fine signing an extension or they want to yank Spidey back for their own bootleg MCU, well, no one's sure. A lot of it probably depends on how well the Morbius the Living Vampire movie does next year.

I mean... he really didn’t support them when Smythe went full edgelord

Attached: 543B1535-E3BF-492B-9095-73C5EB9DF24A.jpg (1987x3056, 2.12M)

I'm hoping that these movies Sony are doing fall flat because they have zero chance at ever being as remotely interesting as an MCU movie. I'm willing to bet that they're going to fuck them up since Sony has a great track record with that

Gain.

He appeared in the Broadway Musical

Attached: 1378248427041.gif (346x261, 1.49M)

Vulture was only right in that "the big guy wants to keep us honest workers down" right at the beginning
then he went overboard and started selling cosmic weapons to whoever would buy including criminals and was so nonchalant about one of his own dying and acting like a sociopath nutcase when he threatens to kill Peter
It was clear he only went "muh rich people" when Peter confronts him because that's how a hypocrite rationalizes their actions. It's exactly like Killmonger in BP going "fuck dem whitey but im still gonna kill whoever i want and conquer the world just like whitey"

Attached: 1556247010581.png (720x542, 478K)

Eh, Venom wasn't a great movie by any means but I'd take it over shit like Thor Ragnarok and Captain Marvel any day.

Honestly though, I just think it's hilarious that Sony saw Black Panther's success with the WE BE REPRESENTIN' crowd of blacks in the US and rushed to get a script written for fucking Nightwatch of all characters. I bet Todd McFarlane will be mad as fuck if it beats the Spawn reboot to the theatres.

Attached: 10-600x605.jpg (600x605, 117K)

keked so hard at this voice crack

>Actually Spider-Man's gimmick, for decades, was that he constantly grew up and matured
I think the movies do okay with this for the most part
I think the problem is people are so used to having adult Peter act like a manchild that when the movies portray him as an actual teenager that makes "teenager" decisions people can't get over their hangups relating to a character from a much different time frame
If anything them going with a much younger Spider-Man was the better move

>enemy summons illusions of himself
>they can damage you

(at least I think they could from memory)

Attached: mua.jpg (480x360, 20K)

Yfw he’s back

Attached: FA9971D3-69DC-44F2-BFA8-D7CFEBAEA798.jpg (1280x718, 87K)

Civil war was pretty good. Endgame was ok. Antman movies were fucking great. Iron man is the fucking worst and so were his movies. Fite me

>mfw i've never heard of this nightwatch character and my first thought was "what the fuck is with this spawn"
And I thought Venom was teetering a little too close to "we need a mcfarlane character" range

Attached: 1478841071420.png (500x464, 116K)

Surprising that McFarlane never actually did sue over Nightwatch considering he was already on pretty poor terms with Marvel in the early-mid '90s.

why are there 4 levels above okay and only 1 below it?

Attached: dvUkG39.jpg (648x1023, 255K)

Attached: t5f8stxcqsz21.jpg (1080x424, 73K)

>Spidey goes to europe
>I'm going to europe myself next week

Gotta self insert as my favorite hero

>he's just some butthurt Stark employee
Christ I hate MCU Peter and how hard it dickrides Tony. Spiderverse had problems but it was miles better.

Attached: spiderman.jpg (600x959, 154K)

Ragnarok sucked ass and its fans are huge retards.

spidey on patrol

You can argue that but you can't say it's not the best Thor movie.

>he's just some butt hurt special effects guy
It's not like Mysterio has some deep origin and I like that Tony being a dick head to people had repercussions

No, the best Thor movie was Infinity War.

The special effects angle was great. I despise that they're making every facet of Peter's life revolve around Tony.

I am so fucking happy anons like you exist. Opened this thread praying at least 1 person

>Civil War at the top
Not reading the rest of this shit

>that time Spidey had a sore throat and wasn't cracking jokes all the time and villains started to shit their pants because they thought he went off the deep end

Thor's definitely the dueteragonist of that film but that shits Thanos's movie all the way.

>but it was miles better
CARLOS!

The dude who died was a cunt, to be fair. Most Marvel villains are trash though.

The synthwave score made it kino

gay propaganda

Itachi was honestly really well done as a villain with how mysterious he is but mentioned from the very beginning, and then you gradually find out more about his history, personality, and abilities as the series progresses.

Thanos sucks in that movie. Removing his incel boner for death really cheapened him as a character.

That's what I thought too. His acting is noticeably stiff in the beginning and then changes dramatically after he's outed.

>Imagine being this much of a contrarian.

I liked the movie but Thanos is massively overrated. Sorry dude, he's just generic crazy dude. He's even worse in EG due to him essentially being split between two characters.

Nobody ever challenges his views seriously, they just fight him. As shit as Dr Strange was at least the finale was actually clever.

After watching Nightcrawler, I wanted to suspect something was off about Mysterio (not Jake). It's strange that he was so good at bad acting and was able to "drop the act" later. I won't lie, I was tricked but I was MASSIVELY relieved when the plot wasn't just about the elementals

You should watch Enemy

>A mild-mannered college professor (Jake Gyllenhaal) discovers a look-alike actor and delves into the other man's private affairs
>The doppelgänger trope may sound well worn but Enemy finds fresh, deeply unnerving ground. And Jake Gyllenhaal gives two spellbinding performances
Sounds awesome; will check out

Attached: 1549832717101.png (800x750, 81K)

>Maybe if you were good enough, he'd still be here.

Attached: 1520368146609.jpg (526x701, 51K)

anyone has a webm of that final illusion fight?

people actually thought mysterio wasn't a villain? lmao

Apparently Kojima really liked FFH and even watched it twice in a row.
He might be a spider-man fanboy which is surprisingly good taste from him.

people are stupid

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20190703124727.png (1920x1080, 2.4M)

OG Avengers is a horrible movie mate.

Japs love spider-man

Apparently because of the multiverse redherring... which is dumb because he's still a villain in those places

I'm not a huge fan of Kraven in general, but I do think he could be fun as a side villain in a movie. Kind of a goon to the big bad who spends the entire movie hunting Spidey and generally making things more difficult. Also wouldn't mind a better attempt at Lizard.

i know he was going to be bad somehow anyway old man logan right to kill every mysterio he looks at

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20190702233138.png (1920x1080, 2.84M)

I haven't watched any of the MCU movies and was sleep deprived. I mistook him for Dr. Strange or some other b-list good guy and completely forgot about the chrome dome from the cartoons and comics. It lent itself to a better viewing experience but yeah, I felt a little stupid when I did remember who Mysterio was though. My only "huh?" was "if he's from another Earth, where's OUR Mysterio then..."

>Ragnarok sucked ass
This is wrong.
>and its fans are huge retards.
Completely agree.

I missed that part and only that part. I had to piss worse than I've ever had to during a movie before

Akshually we saw mysterio connecting edith to his mask so maybe Peter could do the same with the iron spider suit.

Which series is that?

>japs love high school shit
>Also were always fans of spider man in the first place

Almost seems like MCU spidey was made for them.

Man that spiderman 2 pc mysterio fight was crazy

mysterio actually being good and being peters main ally would have been extremely based but jake was probably just in it for a quick marvel paycheck so he can go back to doing shitty indie movies

I never realized he never had a functioning spider-sense until now.

Attached: 1473915478133.jpg (576x7045, 2.07M)

Attached: 1473915520058.jpg (589x6135, 1.69M)

that's what I hate in MCU spidey, he wasn't cracking as much jokes

its just a side story but look at this

He dodged stuff coming from behind a few times on his previous movie.
They just mentioned it by name on this one since it's the perfect counter for mysterio's illusions

Best girl's game in two weeks!

Attached: D-uu62OU4AELUWt.jpg (1200x700, 117K)

Mysterio is a jaded boomer who pulled off a massive hoax to try and trick people into thinking he was a hero. What would he even do past that? He would be exposed the moment an actual threat came to destroy Earth.

>best girl
Her hobby is literally cucking men.

Calm down, Maximus.

No I mean he has them but he hasn't truly mastered them until now. contrast to TAS Spidey who practically made short work of mysterio.

is this a man jaw

Attached: rthrjrjyj.png (1633x913, 1.46M)

All live action spideys have failed miserably in that aspect, specially tobey maguire, he acts more like spidey in the fucking videogames

that's not a square jaw so no

now THIS was ultimate kino

ahha you missed literally the best part of the movie

wait, people are overrating zombie iron man? no wonder we get zombie trash

Spectacular Spiderman cartoon is arguably the best adaption of spiderman in any medium.

Shits about on par with BTAS imo

Attached: 19657133_1883876078334524_8463724683086307379_n.png (464x844, 428K)

why was it canned anyway

>Spiderman painted as a criminal
>Enter The Punisher
One can dream

cos disney bought the rights to spider-man cartoons during its second season and it meant that they had to stop working on it so that Ultimate Spiderman and the like could be made instead.

>disney

every fucking time, it always involves them huh

I was honestly expecting a scene where he puts the glasses on in his suit and the glasses morph into the eyes of the costume.
It could show that Tony trusted Peter enough to give them to him earlier than we thought and it could be like a Jarvis 2.

Scarecrow in the Batman Arkham games.

>go into thread thinking it would be I would get a based discussion on the PS1 spider-man game
>It's Yea Forums
this thread is shit

>capeshit
>good
LMAO

So by the end of the movie Peter now has:
1. Access to hundreds of killer drones and the ability to hack into any piece of technology from Tony's glasses
2. Access to Tony's (repurposed) suit factory so Peter can create any suit from scratch to suit (pun intended) any situation he'll get into in the future, there's also really no reason for Spidey to not install an arc reacor to his suit and use it to fly or shoot lasers in addition to his Spider-Man powers.
3. He still has his nano tech based Iron Spider suit charging at home
Marvel is really pushing Spider-Man to (literally) be the next Iron Man, huh.

Peter never thought of doing his own background check on Mysterio and obviously the reason why Nick was also easily fooled is because he's not the real Nick Fury.

All the suit tech got deleted after the plane got destroyed and there isn't more technology available unless Marvel pulls some more "tony made this while he was still alive and left it for you" fuckery

>Tony had literally one plane's worth of multi-billion dollar technology
As long as Peter has access to Edith he should have more than enough resources

well his suit was repaired when he got back to new york, so there must be more where it came from

Superhero genre will always be haunted by Yea Forums with their capeshit bullshit.

>All the suit tech got deleted after the plane got destroyed
Even if we assume that EDITH doesn't include any of Tony Starks suit design tech or data on how to make it, he still has the nano tech Iron Spider suit at home.

Add another layer of meta on you. Thor Ragnarok's main theme is Immigrant song-Led Zepplin.

Attached: 1468318865240.jpg (492x533, 86K)

youtube.com/watch?v=20cPIkXXhK4

Attached: 1445141377394.jpg (180x177, 9K)

The beat always made me think it said "Babe with bigger boob." Truly a master of illusion.

Attached: 1464797363341.png (712x1100, 682K)

Beating Mysterios illusions with just "spider-sense lmao" felt super cheap. Could've done something smarter/more satisfying like setting up webs that would vibrate if a drone flew by or using edith or something, not just straight up negate Mysterios only means of fighting.

What is the best Spiderman incarnation and why is it Spectacular?

>Thor reads Penny Arcade

this is the kind of mindset behind such productions like the last jedi

That was fucked. That was when Beck officially went from hammy faggot to sickening villainous bastard and where I genuinely started liking the movie.

Attached: 1488653615153.png (588x434, 237K)

Just watched Spider-verse for the first time

When are we getting a Nic Cage Noir solo film?

Jake was supposed to be the new wolverine, bro it up with ryan deadpool.

>Japs love spider-man
well duh

Attached: SUPAIDAMAN.jpg (1690x650, 1.16M)

youtube.com/watch?v=l2gnWrDQmno
based

>creating a marvel tier list
>unironically thinking that most of it is anything but forgettable garbage
I wish I could be pleased so easily.