How would you adapt eva into a vidya game?

How would you adapt eva into a vidya game?

Attached: PCSX2 2019.06.24 - 01.03.10.03.mp4_snapshot_00.12.17_[2019.07.06_17.31.37].jpg (1920x1080, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VUAE-VGvcsw?t=1730
newgrounds.com/portal/view/117511
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dating sim

It has already been done.

Attached: ULJM-05477_0005.png (480x272, 115K)

Xcom.

eva just doesn't work as a game, the structure is too wierd and it has too many greatly different types of scenes that don't translate into gameplay, the best you can do is just make a mecha action game with no story relation or make a persona style RPG or VN.

Yea Forumsros, how do i date unit-01?

It would have to be a dual-gameplay sort of deal where half is you fighting in the robot and the other half is a third-person over the shoulder camera with 2000's PC game controls. I think a lot of it would have to be pure story/dialogue but perhaps you could make it complete with adventure elements or something.

I'd make it similar to Persona. The gameplay is split between battling Angels and social sim. You can choose who you want to romance. I'd also include graphic sex scenes.

it would be too much like persona and probably shit

>tfw you'll never masturbate in the cockpit of a biomech inhabited by your dead mother's soul.

actually why even live.

>watch eva
>shinji a loser
>dad a evil who upset mom dead
>girls are WAAH MOMMY and lol im dead emotionally
>christianity fanfiction
why did i watch this

This and make it first person too *runs away*

I want in on these lately. Which ones are there, and which have been translated?

Evangelion's popularity is due to a "snowball effect" of sorts, not due to its own value.
>Anime fans and geek culture fans praise Evangelion as the definitive anime
>Anime fan decides to watch Evangelion for the first time
>Regardless of their own opinion about the show, they just decide to join the praise choir to not lose "otaku creed" points or not being seen as a contrarian
>Repeat

That's why Evangelion is so "loved" by Yea Forums, a community that absolutely despises anime and japanese media as a whole (besides Toonami / Adult Swim - aired shows due to nostalgia protection).

I watched the rebuild movies and I liked them as much as the end of evangelion movies.
You can scream, cry, insult me or even call for your mother, my opinion will not change.
But 4.0 will change my opinion.

The Gunbuster PS2 game is actually really good.

user no, you mustn't.

when i watched it i expected some amazing thing and it was just very ok.

Then why does Japan, who have always been exposed to anime, love it?

maybe if you knew what you were doing then maybe it would work.

Should I watch eva? I rarely watch animes

What if I liked it a lot but didn't it was the 20/10 life-changing experience people say it is?

Attached: 1461905247201.png (306x269, 3K)

Because it was an anime made by otaku for otaku.

If you're an otaku and especially if you're an anti-social loser that's afraid of communicating with others, then yes watch Eva. If you're neither then it might not do anything for you.

Attached: evangelion in a nutshell.gif (500x341, 350K)

Artificial popularity due to aggressive marketing and nerd communities doing a big fuzz. It's the same reason Marvel movies are so popular with the not comic book reader average Joe right now.

all the girlfriends of steel

>It's the same reason Marvel movies are so popular with the not comic book reader average Joe right now.
The difference is Eva was never meant to appeal to non-otaku

i hate shinji

I just want to fight big monsters over a city with a third-person aiming mechanics and fast paced movement...

Attached: summersault.gif (320x240, 2.16M)

why is she so cute bros?

Attached: PCSX2 2019.06.24 - 05.28.04.08.mp4_snapshot_11.09_[2019.07.06_18.25.06].jpg (1920x1080, 213K)

A truly fantastic woman

Attached: 05bd9045ad111dfe4dbe3295c23c8e68.gif (500x375, 2M)

Something like War of the Monsters or Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee

I only like Evangelion because of the animation, color palette, and designs for shit.
It has amazing visuals, everything has like a "hot summer concrete and rebar" aesthetic to it, if you feel me.

The rebuilds suck but have enough small interesting things to keep me watching.

Attached: DxOyuxHU0AE_td8.jpg (1334x750, 238K)

Those already exist and that style of gameplay isn't fun for extended periods of time
see the n64 evangelion, and Evangelion Jo

Is this from death and rebirth?
Damn that animation is smooth.

>I didn't like it, so it must mean I'm actually the smart one all along

>hot summer concrete and rebar
Yeah, I feel you. Even NERVs headquarters have it.

>that style of gameplay isn't fun for extended periods of time
Fuck what you heard

Make it like 7th stand user

fighting game in the style of the 6th gen godzilla games

Do it like Persona 3, half of the game is walking around talking to people interpersonal relationship stuff, the other half is hardcore mecha gameplay that ranges from Furi boss fights to Muso wave clears.

Content is only lifechanging when you're in your formative years

Eva is good, its objectively one of the best in the genre's its even mocking. To argue otherwise is retarded.

This. I mean, I'd rather adapt MSG because at least you have the overarching war story to compensate for the fact that you'd have to cut some of the character development unless you went full Fire Emblem visual novel between battles.
You'd lose so much adapting Eva to a video game that it would probably not even be worth doing except maybe as a fighting game.

>he thinks only Otaku have problems with their lack of acceptance and fear of rejection

alright

The N64 game is a perfect adaptation already.

>How would you adapt eva into a vidya game?
you don't

t. Bandwagonner

4.0 WHEN?
3.33 ENDING WAS COMPLETELY RETARDED I WANNA SEE WHAT SHIT ANNO PULLS OUTTA HIS ASS WITH 4

Attached: 7p5mrzq9jqjz.png (599x603, 461K)

>the genre's its even mocking
It's a love letter to old mecha and tokusatsu, not a """"mockery"""

zone of the enders is kinda like this

Red or Blue team?

Anime is cringe

Attached: Stop watching anime.webm (774x420, 2.9M)

>japanese incels are dangerously close to western incel level of cringe

fucking hell, and i thought americans were a one of a kind, now the japs do it

A game about managing each of the pilots, the Evas and NERV itself. Also there should be an option to turn on or off various extra canonical entities like the TRIDENT or the second Jet Alone, on top of having the option to play as someone managing the manufacturers. Combat wouldn't exactly be a huge part due to the fact that most Angel battles consist of just one hostile, and that wouldn't make for a good tactical combat system.
Also this.

>Anime will become one of Japan's greatests assets!
Shinji-kun was in the right.

2020, 2021 for competent subs

Girlfriend of Steel is fan translated for PC.
Note there is also a Special Edition of the game that if you are running a more recent version of Windows you probably want to avoid because it is a pain to get working correctly.

Girlfriend of Steel 2 has translations for its PC and PSP versions, its basically up to your preference - they have slightly different artwork and translations differ a bit.

There is also an fan translation for Ayanami Raising Project on the Nintendo DS.
Its a bit different than the GoS VNs, this is instead a Raising Sim where you play as a NERV employ assigned as guardian to Rei or Asuka.

Well he wasn't wrong about anime being one of their major exports.

Does that have an english translation yet? i know the PSP version does, but PS2 has better graphics & all

Honestly surprised how well the game looks in terms of 1:1 replicating scenes on a N64.
Gameplay looks really clunky though.

>lesbian gets turned into orange juice
based anno

>How would you adapt eva into a vidya game?
Fighting game would be fun

An adventure or RPG would be cool if it was a story set in a multiverse or something along those lines - story that is completely new and different from the original anime but has the same characters.

If released after 4.0; a story that continues whatever the ending becomes.

Maybe do something like shadow of the colossus where its only boss fights and heavy story focus? Even then it would be hard because not every angel fight was a brawl and Shinji never really did anything outside of fighting angels that could be made into worthwhile gameplay. As amazing as Ramiel fight was in the anime, how are you going to turn it into gameplay?

Attached: tumblr_mq3899OU1i1qgdcoko5_r1_500.gif (500x281, 935K)

youtu.be/VUAE-VGvcsw?t=1730

I wish.
Everyone's only focusing on the psp version, because slightly more content.
I would perfer the version with more polygons to get translated first and people who want to see the extra content can just look it up.

>QTEs
garbage

SotC is also a QTE game, I don't know what are you on about then.

I watched it recently and it was an absolute abomination, with a totally fucking nonsensical ending. Which I found out "oh no that's not the REAL ending, watch the movie!" so I watch the movie and while it's not nearly as bad as the series' ending it's still pretty nonsensical and doesn't tie much of anything up, just leaving you with more questions.
The biggest issue I had, above ALL else though is how it's just a fucking generic shonen for almost the entirety of the series, then takes a 180. It's so generic and bland and almost indistinguishable from any garbage shonen trash where "MUH CHOSEN ONE SON IS GREAT DAD IS STERN" garbage reigns. It's horrendous. Maybe it was more influential and unique at release, but it doesn't hold up, in any way at all.

>above ALL else though is how it's just a fucking generic shonen for almost the entirety of the series, then takes a 180
I like evangelion but this is a genuine gripe I came across rewatching it.

Everything falls apart the moment Asuka steps on the screen, I only can take so much SHINJI BAKA hijinks, especially after the first 3 angels.

I don't work in the game industry so I wouldn't.

It does get a bit more silly when Asuka appears for the first few episodes after her, im not sure why this is desu

An Eva game would be really easy to make properly and I'm surprised the exact formula I'm about to lay out hasn't been used.
>Mission one is Eva 01 vs Sachiel, and functions as a tutorial.
>Missions can be repeated with upgrades aquired through progressions and are largely arcade-mechanics-focused. Varied attack patterns, aversion to damage and timely destruction of angels all contribute to a high score.
>Between every mission is a VA section through which the player can bond with other pilots and NERV staff. This affects the availability of other Eva and equipment throughout the game.
>For example, if you bond with Toji, Misato and the NERV chick who reads energy readings, Eva 03 gets an attack boost, Misato gives you access to stronger weaponry without having to purchase it outside of missions, and the NERV babe helps you deal critical damage.
>Each angel fight is wholly unique and different types of battle require different Eva abilities. Sachiel is a simple 3D brawl. Gaghiel is an Emerald-WEAPON style endurance match which requires intelligent use of equipment.
>these Visual Novel sections are very brief and not required to finish the game, but every 3 Angels you have an 'office meeting' where the story progresses different depending on how you've been treating anyone.

And so forth. So you can grind Missions and earn basic upgrades and power up your evas (and buy experimental Evas) but your playstyle is governed by which characters you bond with (or choose not to) between missions.

Basically just make 15 or 16 big boss bottles against the angels with a shitload of little custom missions in between, modeled after MGS Peace Walker.

Attached: 1561747133126.png (670x834, 364K)

>I just fused Evangelion 64 and Girlfriend of Steel! I'm a genius!

Hell they should just go for a non-canon PVE multiplayer monster hunter type of game desu

Attached: Let's Play Neon Genesis Evangelion Girlfriend of S.mp4_snapshot_10.41_[2019.07.06_19.30.48].jpg (854x474, 47K)

shut up butthurt uncreative faggot

That's rich coming from the one with a "it's Dark Souls with Grand Theft Auto open world and Fallout's setting" tier idea

>*runs away*
no shinji come back and get in the fucking mech

that's you filling in the blanks with brainlet conclusions there einstein

shut the fuck up, you're a disgrace

Like you're some donut steel character tacked onto the story and instead of a selection of stands you get to pick from a few different Eva units with different gimmicks?

But that's exactly what you idea is.
You're just mashing together the N64 game, the Girlfriend of Steel VNs and fucking Peace Walker.
You're making nothing original, and worst of all, your idea doesn't sound like a fun game in the slightest.

Yeah and then you die in the end

Yeah, and you can actually stop the third impact this time either by helping asuka defeat the MPEVAs or actually taking care of shinji

>Can either Die and play though the Rebuild post game
>Or live and play though the anima post game

your posts stink of jealousy over an inability to linearly generate an original idea

not my fault you have to break everything down to your shit taste user

>above ALL else though is how it's just a fucking generic shonen for almost the entirety of the series, then takes a 180
I didn't mind that too much because I liked the Angels' designs/fights but I was surprised how long it took to get to the more interesting stuff.
t. also watched it recently

Make it a fishing game.

Attached: 1528051228451.jpg (740x800, 89K)

Dating sim where you date the angels.

Problem with Eva is it has action, but it's far from the focus so an action game based on Eva would really just be Eva in name only.
Really I think most people do just want to fight as an Evangelion, though. I'd play something like a DMC kinda thing, but obviously slower and with fewer enemies and less juggling with guns. Maybe the whole game is a boss rush.

Forget Eva, why is there no good giant monster fighting game? I don't care what the property is, or if it's a new IP, I just want to be a big robot man fighting giant monsters in a city.

Base/d/

>I wanna fuck that diamond

>not I want that diamond to fuck me
not one of us.

What does Ramiel's drill taste like?

>KEEP RAPING MY MIND

is there a good place to download these. sorry for being a retard I just don't emulate often.

It's impossible to being jealous of such an unoriginal idea. If I feel something, is pity at your belief that you invented the ultimate video games.

Impossible, Eva doesn’t lend well to anything other than what it is.

I take it everyone on Yea Forums are bunch of sheep? just watching the show now, because it's on Netflix's? I would much rather have blue gender game.

Cooking game

Attached: 1562214757408.jpg (1500x1125, 858K)

Attached: 1499577460884.png (1200x1200, 155K)

Evangelion 2 was a pretty cool concept for a game even if the execution and production values were lacking. High school drama RPG with tactical battles and a bunch of alternate endings / paths from the show. I always found that concept really interesting, being able to see alternate events from what was in a movie based on player choices.

just copy and paste eva characters on top of a Persona 3 template

Attached: vBIIObN_1_.jpg (600x428, 43K)

Isn't Girlfriend of Steel supposed to be really good?

Best girl gets squeezed outta the competition

Eh, I wouldn't say really good. For a VN game the player barely has any actual input beyond "get Shinji to next place and talk to person", and the decision for the ending.
Its more like watching an extra episode of the anime that takes place around the mid-point of the series.

Is the PS2 game any good?

did anyone play the psp rythm game ? it has arrangements from akira yamaoka and was produced by suda51. i had some fun with it recently

Attached: Rebuild-of-Evangelion-Sound-Impact-09.jpg (480x272, 34K)

>the best you can do is just make a mecha action game with no story relation or make a persona style RPG or VN
My exact thoughts whenever I think about possible EVA games.

why are people so quick to argue that eva is some kind of hate filled anti-anime?

I'd make a new Votoms game instead.

Attached: 62409464_p0.jpg (1000x1300, 128K)

I was an otaku who was an anti social loser and I thought Eva was just okay. I honestly thought it was more a normie teenager type anime. It’s something you watch when you’re younger and angsty. I watched it as an adult and found it a little annoying and pretentious.

I played it once. The novelty wore off after the first few tracks. I really like the Pilot Mind tracks - the ones where I guess you're analyzing through the characters. Neat tracks in those.

Anyone got a link to the English patch of Evangelion 2?

It has already been perfected in video game form.

it's pure pseud tier, it fucking stinks

newgrounds.com/portal/view/117511
forgot my link like a shithead

Are there decent Eva vidya?

Attached: greenandpurple.jpg (1366x768, 124K)

Literally New Gundam Breaker with no customization.
Shitty fucking visual novel garbage dating routes that are interrupted by bad gameplay boss fights

Attached: choices.jpg (800x600, 124K)

Evangelion the game.
You are 2nd in command at Nerv, Full on create your own commander. You answer to Gendo and also secretly to a shadow organization of time travelers determined to stop 3rd impact.
Your goal is to stop Third Impact. In your head you have a time dilation device. That if 3rd impact occurs will transport your consciousness back in time to your body during the 2nd impact.

So you run nerv, you decide how the pilots Engaged the Angels, What research and development the organization will undertake. Which upgades they should prioritize. Which pilots do which, Where Staff live and how they interact each other.

Combat is played out mostly in a Turnbased Isometric style. Both the major Angel battles, and the Nerv Invasion Battle and the Computer mainframe battle.

Basically each cycle you're trying to ready Nerv to defeat all the angels and destroy Seele's invasion and then stop Gendo from causing 3rd impact.

Each time you go back, The things you researched become a little bit easier to research, You still have to do the project but it just happens quicker.

There are interactions between all the characters from the show, and a whole bunch of new interactions, For example, Shinji running away, you can straight up go "Yeah fuck him" and work with a different pilot instead.

Hell bring the dummy system in early, and complete the whole thing with Dummy Evangelions. Or Split off and develop the massive Nuclear Robot thing to fight Angels instead.

Just fuck with the whole timeline of the show.

I want to rub my dick along those edges

>rape her
>rape her

This is honestly what I was thinking. Maybe not the time travel bits (due to not being fond of that) but that's a nitpick overall.

Nah, its from the original.

This sounds interesting. Especially the Jet alone route.