>2019
>Sailor Moon gets a new movie
>Still no Sailor Moon video game

Explain

Attached: tumblr_ln92zyJwJL1qiw26m.jpg (500x506, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n7p49XO3qbU
youtube.com/watch?v=SzB7GMVPn4Q
romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=28632
youtu.be/mKp2vc9It-0
youtube.com/watch?v=qDAoJIJ2ljU
youtube.com/watch?v=1tHAxxni8RM
youtube.com/watch?v=Mzyz2egx_0c
youtube.com/watch?v=YNZ0emigTZI
youtube.com/watch?v=fNZooFfxW48
youtube.com/watch?v=n3_5SPQIfQw
youtube.com/watch?v=R43dYg_Kuc0
youtube.com/watch?v=9_M3uw29U1U
youtube.com/watch?v=cKCykk6u6rU
youtube.com/watch?v=nEqm3CzoD1A
youtube.com/watch?v=bHXDOeV6Ag8
youtube.com/watch?v=UlkN58iORYE
youtube.com/watch?v=KVCNwpJNiPg
youtube.com/watch?v=VlXy2xjyGO4
youtube.com/watch?v=YjjzEYLU1rM
youtube.com/watch?v=T-Jzp-nLUdM
youtube.com/watch?v=7GZUVxU70EY
youtube.com/watch?v=vneZvdrNAWo
youtu.be/YcyQqiZdaMc
youtube.com/watch?v=gGLGYyWJAKI
youtube.com/watch?v=6H0_TvLABAE
youtube.com/watch?v=k2s_TfPyn7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=hSc02Ddosg4
latimes.com/entertainment/herocomplex/la-et-hc-powerpuff-girls-20160401-story.html
youtube.com/watch?v=SHficeNF_Y8
1d4chan.org/wiki/Panty_Explosion
youtube.com/watch?v=xflI5gkF8Ns
files.catbox.moe/ymnysk.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=b4TpxOg1KeE
youtube.com/watch?v=XD7kxN4fDWg
youtu.be/QTn-NwKZeQE
youtube.com/watch?v=icunKjVcSRM
youtube.com/watch?v=l11uaEjA-iI
youtube.com/watch?v=YQsw5dkdVeM
youtube.com/watch?v=jtKJsmZ1zAY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wait it did?
I need more of Mar's and Venus' beautiful legs

Attached: mercury0037.jpg (1122x1600, 458K)

those were in the 90s.

>it's zoomers think their 90s anime never had a game episode again
Can you google before making those threads

inb4 projared pics

after all these years she's still sexy as fuck

it's getting one or two in 2020
here are the designs

Attached: sailormoon-eternal-movie-character-design.jpg (800x674, 237K)

I want to fuck Mercury

soulless

Desperately trying to shift back the designs. It's still worthless.

so are you, should we toss you into the wood chipper as well

Better than Crystal but still can't recapture the soul of celluoid animation.

yes please

If it's written by Naoko herself, then it's going to suck. She has no idea how to actually make an interesting story.

Jupiter is best.

This man gets it

Attached: 2751566A-C989-4FF9-B6DA-CFCBEA09E55E.jpg (827x1169, 667K)

I fap to the dykes getting fucked by men until they like it.

Indeed.

Attached: 1ad053ef05bfe1246e92591a7edd1609.jpg (1656x1882, 2.81M)

Weird way to spell Mars.

Still, superb taste my friend.

While I hold Jupiter in a sweet nostalgic spot in my heart. I think I'd fuck all of them.

HOLD UP.
STAY WITH ME NOW.

What if... they said "fuck it" and got Stan Bush to do the entire soundtrack?
youtube.com/watch?v=n7p49XO3qbU

Attached: AmiSweat.jpg (480x1440, 139K)

There were a bunch for the 16bit/32bit consoles, probably handhelds got some too, but they were all japan exclusive.

Why does Venus look kind of uncomfortable in there?

"I used to be the fucking protagonist. How did I get replaced by a literal retard?"

get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head

Because corporate thought you weren't marketable enough.

>She has no idea how to actually make an interesting story.

Conversely, she's actually fantastic at coming up with stories, but she's just an awful writer and mangaka in general and it totally reliant on others to actually flesh shit out for her. She's like the equivalent of whoever came up with Romeo and Juliet before Shakespeare decided to do a take on it.

>TFW you find out the anime was planned to be even way longer than it was and have 20 episodes of just Usagi fighting monsters around Tokyo before even encountering mercury

Attached: Ami-Mizuno.jpg (500x368, 88K)

Based

Attached: 4CCF04B8-55DF-4E73-B03D-3EEA0289AB8A.jpg (850x641, 359K)

Sailor V is fun.

I would have gladly enjoyed 20 episodes of solo Usagi. It was better seeing her having to actually fight her own fights (with occasional Tuxedo Mask help) instead of hiding behind the Sailor Meatshields all the time.

I honestly can't tell if it's a good or bad thing that was cut.
Usagi inexplicably being able to fight bodybuilders hand-to-hand was pretty hilarious stuff.

weren't there like a dozen old 8 and 16 bit games? or am I conflating it with dragon ball?

>am I conflating it with dragon ball?

No, because DB has way, way more games.

>That gym episode
>We actually saw a bunch of her friends before they all got memory-hole'd

I wonder whatever happened to em?

bump

Attached: 85B191BB-6224-44AE-A233-28FF6E02F72D.jpg (850x235, 88K)

>Makoto Kino
>kino

imagine if sailor moon got a remake with the new broly movie's animation, oh well

fuck you toei

>MFW I remember that these girls will never be canonized.

Attached: Oppositio.Senshi.png (618x246, 378K)

>Venus's counterpart simply got taken along by accident when Mercury's was recruited

THEY WERE ALL BAD EXCEPT THE FIGHTING GAME AND THAT ONE UNNOTICED RPG ON SNES STOP SAYING BSSM HAD ANY VIDYA

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

SOULLESS

>Ishtar is KO'd in a single hit during Venus's solo chapter

Is this just a continuation of shitty Crystal or is it a new story?

if the movie is just the story from another story, I would dig it. That game is severely under ratted.

You're fucking dumb.

Attached: 005.jpg (1600x1200, 274K)

She did plan to kill off all the senshi at the end of the first season of the anime and leave them dead, and everyone went are you fucking crazy?

If only, but I think by now Naoko has completely disavowed all knowledge of that game existing.

"Movie" in some sense since it's just the fourth arc but as a movie. I would love a Sailor Moon beat em up like Turtles In Time.

That was her plan for the manga, too, if I recall.

Nigga there's a RPG and a couple of fighting games for Sailor Moon

There's a page somewhere that explains it, I think I saw it on Spacebattles, hold on I'll look for it.

Here it is, Naoko's a damn troll.

Attached: vs81x.jpg (749x1125, 354K)

I think she bought the rights to the 90's anime as well, which is why we won't see an official version of it anytime soon.

Based

Venus > Mars > Pluto > Jupiter = Uranus > Neptune > Mercury > Saturn >>>>>>>>>>>>> POWERGAP >>>>>>>>>>>>> Moon >>>>>>>>>>>>> Chibi Moon
fite me

No one wants to play a game where each character can only ever use the last move they learned over and over

Attached: 1463464404849.jpg (637x900, 102K)

I liked Another Story. It also got a new translation recently so I might give it another go.

Attached: d6q07dr-aaa3fc57-59f6-42cf-80db-57734ac8971f.jpg (1024x768, 255K)

So where are the Crystal S4 and Crystal S5 movies? Have they just given up on those?

Interesting. Who am I kidding I'm going to pick it up anyways.
I guess they're trying to ride the momentum with the Eternal manga releases?

Sweaty butts.

And then the cyborg shit got reused for Hotaru.
Fucking christ.

This is Crystal's redo of the Dreams arc. So a movie about horse fucking.

Sweaty puffs.

Thank goodness for editors and supervisors, otherwise we'd end up with a chopped up Usagi and dead magical girls.

Sailor Moon is a prime example of how important what people call FILLER really is.

Attached: scouts walk.gif (498x372, 820K)

At the very least, it's far more consistent now.

Do you have the one where she said you don't have to be good to be a mangaka just to keep the schedule?

Attached: 1463464524605.jpg (668x900, 137K)

Give me a bit and I'll see if I can find it.

What kind of game would they even have. I always thought a fighter with the villains some memorable monsters would be good. Never gonna happen tho

Attached: witches5.jpg (750x492, 109K)

Neil Gaiman said something similar. There are three things you need to do to stay in the industry.

1. Deliver your work on time.
2. Be liked by your colleagues
3. Deliver outstanding work.

And you only need to do two out of three. It's why assholes like Liefeld and Greg Land can keep their jobs int he western comics industry.

Toei wont stop killing their properties

Attached: 93c77758ac26682f36b6974dc9b215fa.png (500x702, 530K)

It feels so weird. Eugeal was probably one of the most competent villains in the whole series, then over a decade later, I learn that everything that made her actually good were liberties the animu took with her.

I mean, despite coming up emty-handed for the majority of her arc, she got shit DONE. And that van of hers was incredible.

Attached: 2bfd03e9e724808fd1a34cdbe3fdfb5ad39dffb9_hq.jpg (960x665, 89K)

I remember other extra where she relates that she was procrastinating almost the deadline then she started drawing really fast, then when she read the chapter she was wondering who wrote that garbage.

So she's female Toriyama?

Then they overdid it with Mimete's incompetence, and the rest of the Witches all died in a single episode each.

So Madoka before Madoka?

I guess.

This was Queen Metalia, the first big bad in the manga, so yes.

Attached: metallia.jpg (380x565, 102K)

Unlike Jewriyama she adressed her concerns and said that she opposes crap like starlight senshis or crystal

Thought it would in the back of the manga, but they exist somewhere, just gotta find it.

I swear this better not be more crystal shit

Not bad. Could be better.

>really like Sailor Moon
>try to find out what she's doing now
>she just stopped drawing after the whole Sailor Moon thing
>some kissing cockroach P&Q manga is what she'd worked on previously, she'd cancelled it
>really just Sailor V and Sailor Moon as her work available anywhere
Oh well, I guess she went back to science after the stress of completing the manga.

Imagine disliking this absolute perfection

Attached: mars.webm (720x480, 1.86M)

Thats not Jupiter.

there were multiple games in the 90's but they're all trash (except maybe that RPG, didn't play it)

it's just the Crystal version of the SuperS arc.

Attached: 1559010252812.png (196x353, 65K)

Here it is I think, wanna see if there's more.

Attached: 048.jpg (764x1200, 750K)

In her defense she did communicate a lot with fans and bluntly let us know that she got fed up with the editor's crap.

Attached: 049.jpg (764x1200, 710K)

She's also married to the guy behind Hunter x Hunter and Yu Yu Hakusho and has a kid. So there's that.

Her hair is so perfect and black.

Attached: Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon - 011 [DVD][h.264][480p][AC3] [88467B5F].mkv_snapshot_14.26_[2019.01.27_ (720x480, 38K)

I mean if you're going to have a one hit wonder, it might as well be something like Sailor Moon.

Man Jupiter is cute but her transforming animation is cringe af.

She outright stated that wasn't that good of a writer.

Not his fault she can't write for shit

It's not like she needed to work again. God knows Sailor Moon has been printing money since the 90s. And then her husband's shit prints money as well. Their kids are probably set up for life.

I prefer Mars' Crystal transformation theme to the original one

I mean if I made something that made as much money as Sailor fucking Moon and I married the dude behind Yu Yu Hakusho and Hunter x Hunter, also big money makers, I wouldn't bother working again either.

>Yuuichirou gets to bone her everyday
Lucky bastard

Thanks.

Yeah she looks like she fucks black people alright.

Attached: doubtfulcaucasianmanwithbrownbeardandblueeyesonwhitebackground_sd6iyvalg_thumbnailfull01.png (1920x1080, 1.12M)

Wait, then which was the one she made fun of?

>you don't have to be good to be a mangaka just to keep the schedule
>married a guy who can never release his manga on a consistent schedule
what was she thinking

I feel like I'd get bored and want to make, at least smaller, stories for my own amusement. She's at a point where she doesn't have to deal with editors and can go full retard passion project

And the burger here right on time with his cuck fetish

The Sailor Moon RPG on the SNES got a new translation last month if it helps.

Imagine being just a tramp and banging this 10/10.

Attached: ReixYuuichirou.jpg (720x540, 90K)

I think a big part of why I enjoyed SuperS so much is because it was the only time after the first half of R where the side characters like him, Naru, Umino, even Motoki etc. got to so much as show up nevermind be relevant for an episode or two.

>literally called chad in the english dub
based

God yes.
youtube.com/watch?v=SzB7GMVPn4Q
Anime Eugeal/Eudial was top tier.

Attached: eugeal-6.jpg (1013x767, 120K)

>Mar's
>followed by Venus'
What the flying fuck at rolling donuts is wrong with you, you god-damned mother-fucking faggot?

Attached: bafa9692d3e2e2f53c40eadf54ac9e69.jpg?e=1562553203&m=xpTs6ID_W-HN257huI1TZQ.jpg (843x858, 139K)

what a fucking legend

>creator that's continuously shown to not want to work
>coming up with new work
m8. If anything it's why she's let Sailor Moon get redone as the musical, live action and now Crystal. You don't have to do much other than approve initial shit, someone else does all the heavy lifting.

Did you read the sketch above?
She wanted to include drama in her they told her to fuck off with this idea and still ported it into the first anime's season.

I can safely bet they were trying to replicate DBZ at that point.

Why did I never notice that classic Sailor Moon's bangs and tiara form the frame of a heart?

wasnt his name Chad?

Yeah, I'm familiar. Pressure with writing the manga was hell on her, so she's probably not willing to go through that again. She got into a big fight with the magazine running P&Q which is why that ended up cancelled, so overall I don't think she wants to get in bed with another manga publisher at any point. Japan isn't very friendly towards independent publishers.

I'm not sure how the fans in JP treated her, but the ones in US treated her like shit and she certainly didn't want to come back to that.

we haven't even seen it animated
also the thing is the animator from the original first season of 90s sailor moon is the art/animation director for the film(s)

Attached: seramun.jpg (1200x1703, 255K)

Jupiter my love you look like a shit now.

Based artist.

Heh, I guess we're not so different after all.

what do you mean "now"
what did you even think of THIS one then

Attached: Sailor-moon-crystal-ep-5.png (1920x1080, 686K)

Wait, a new translation? I remember loving the fuck out of this game. Why the renewed interest?

>Then they overdid it with Mimete's incompetence
yeah but at least that was funny

Attached: DkclnPnWsAA2M7A.jpg (640x480, 54K)

>Why the renewed interest?
Sailor Moon Eternal, a reprint of the manga in large paper size, has interest in the franchise picking up again. I'll note that RightStuf just put out StarS part 1 but I doubt many people are still following those releases as much as I am.

Attached: 91TIHSQa2GL.jpg (1749x2560, 664K)

romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=28632
From quick research it seems to be more inline with Kodansha/Viz's official translation instead of fan ones. So I'm guessing more Jadeites, less Jedaitos

I wish he had drawn doujins for the other girls.

>tfw no Sailor Moon game that uses the same calendar/SoL system as nuPersona
why bros

Attached: if_you_snooze_you_loose.png (946x720, 872K)

There was a TON of them and the RPG's are fun

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon S fighting game remake when?

Crystal s3 at least made the transformations sexy again, would be nice to see this on the big screen.

Attached: Mercury transforming - Crystal s3.webm (854x480, 2.53M)

It's comforting knowing that even though I grew up watching Sailor Moon on cable there's still lots of episodes I haven't seen before that I can watch right now so the series doesn't feel concluded for me.

Attached: 1522552239442.jpg (632x480, 96K)

>>chad
man that dub was wacky
youtu.be/mKp2vc9It-0

Attached: Uranus transforming - Crystal s3.webm (854x480, 1.91M)

Attached: Sailor Moon Transforming - Crystal s3.webm (854x480, 2.85M)

Hell yeah as long The Touch is in it
youtube.com/watch?v=qDAoJIJ2ljU

I can see some license track work for SM
youtube.com/watch?v=1tHAxxni8RM
youtube.com/watch?v=Mzyz2egx_0c
youtube.com/watch?v=YNZ0emigTZI
youtube.com/watch?v=fNZooFfxW48
youtube.com/watch?v=n3_5SPQIfQw
youtube.com/watch?v=R43dYg_Kuc0
youtube.com/watch?v=9_M3uw29U1U
youtube.com/watch?v=cKCykk6u6rU

They actually had the dub VAs sing a Beatles song once.

Who's dark blue?

The truth. If you never let your characters interact in casual settings and just rush them from plot point to plot point you just end up the only memorable parts being the fights and power wankery being the most important part.

Should be (from top to bottom) Pluto, Chibi, Saturn, Neptune, Uranus.

God I wish she'd force a kiss on me.

Pluto, Chibiusa, Saturn, Neptune, Uranus

Another Story was great. I'd be down for a remake handled by the Tales devs. Would be neat seeing what Tales alternate outfits the cast would get.

Too bad he's actually an virgin

youtube.com/watch?v=nEqm3CzoD1A
youtube.com/watch?v=bHXDOeV6Ag8

You know, the Sailor Moon threads on Yea Forums are better than the ones on Yea Forums. Pretty funny, eh? Also Minako best senshi.

Attached: Mina06.png (303x363, 209K)

You want any screen time to have a point. Too much screen time showing irrelevant nothing tends to be boring, or unfocused, and only interests people who just want to waste some time. Too much screen time focused on heading towards the conclusion makes it feel too rushed with no time for any character development. If you spend your screen time focusing on aspects of the characters then you get good development, which is a bit different from "filler" in most contexts.

I'll note that you can get plenty of personality out of just minor things irrelevant of the filler time as well. Just how characters handle themselves and interact with each other, as long as it's not just generic replies, can give a lot of character information as well. Although it's frequently good to give the characters some time to develop unless the plot is hyper-focused. (or the characters just have bit roles and would bog down giving them all screen time)

The tan one is Pluto?

Only when the series has nothing else going on. The monster shows up, the girls use up the five minutes of animation budget for the week, usagi has a tantrum, they go home. Repeat for a hundred episodes.

Someone spoonfeed me what's the appeal of Sailor Moon so I can decide to watch it or not

girls in short skirts fighting monsters with magic attacks on a limited animation budget

Cute girls fighting monsters. Also reaction faces goldmine. And good comedy. And half the cast being absolute blithering idiots 99% of the time.

>Cute girls
>Well rounded characters interacting with eachother
>90's nostalgia
>Really good looking pastel-backgrounds.

also what he said.

Attached: 1556997863630.gif (500x732, 299K)

Slice of life shenanigans, beautiful artwork and backgrounds, wacky villains, lesbians, time travel, tuxedo mask doing absolutely nothing, usagi being a retard. etc etc.

>>Really good looking pastel-backgrounds.

I love 90s anime backgrounds. 90s pre-rendered backgrounds too

Yes, Pluto has always had a bit of a tan. Her dress is also typically black or a very dark color, not green.

I've said it before, but you generally get the best threads on boards not about that topic. All the boards are filled with ultrahipsters who try to impress by "liking" an incredibly niche or unknown title, and ultracasuals who obsess over the worst shit. On other boards, people will generally be more willing to just talk about what's fun and enjoyable.

It's Power Rangers + girls in short skirts.

If you mean the manga, then it has this plot about a princess and a gem with enough magic to destroy the world, characters trying to figure out what the plans of the evil villains are and a bunch of sacrificing to stop it. The characters have a lot of cute moments together and they're fairly cute in general. The plot doesn't pull punches so it gets surprisingly dark when arcs start wrapping up. I'll admit that the artwork is hard to follow at times with the action scenes, but you can clearly figure out what happened once things are over. It's a bit archaic, I'll admit.

For the anime, it has huge amounts of filler with a bunch of silly wackiness. The characters are very goofy, and the villains are goofy as well. Stuff can get dark but it isn't until the last season when it starts to stick; usually it's resolved at the end of the episode. The anime is the one most people are talking about when they mean Sailor Moon.

Sailor Moon Crystal starts off like shit (very bad) and ends up pretty similar to the manga. It only runs through 3/5 of the arcs, though. The live action Sailor Moon is basically like watching Kamen Rider, except stupid wigs rather than stupid outfits.

Attached: Sailor_Pluto_01.jpg (261x380, 25K)

Attached: 1544936494393.jpg (1023x576, 290K)

a lot of fun slapstick in the original series, also the girls are cute and hot simultaneously

Attached: stealth lvl 99.webm (640x496, 2.07M)

>I've said it before, but you generally get the best threads on boards not about that topic. All the boards are filled with ultrahipsters who try to impress by "liking" an incredibly niche or unknown title, and ultracasuals who obsess over the worst shit. On other boards, people will generally be more willing to just talk about what's fun and enjoyable.
Solid observation. Guess that explains why talking about games on Yea Forums or other boards is way better then Yea Forums.

Attached: makotoisgayforami.webm (640x480, 2.73M)

>fighting monsters
Do they ever do any actual fighting though? 25 episodes in every fight has been Usagi hopelessly tripping over and running away, nobody doing anything at all until the enemy gets bored enough to stand still for the stock footage finishing moves.

I mean, I was never watching it for the action, but it's spectacularly painful to watch. Is how useless they are part of the intentional comedy?

Attached: Chibi Moon transforming - Crystal s3.webm (854x480, 2.64M)

what was the point of that backflip

unf

>that kid who back dashed everywhere

And there goes the whole budget for the episode.

Usagi matures over the course of the series. Just stick with it till R.

don't worry, they can just fucking Re-use it for every episode since.

The movies have actual fight choreography but yeah most fights in the anime boil down to stock footage attacks + finisher.
Watch Precure if you want cute girls fighting

He jumped up to the rooftop at that point in that scene. I guess they still wanted the same sort of reaction, of Zoisite backing off before disappearing, but didn't want to make more backgrounds for the scene. So it just became a backflip, so that everybody was on the same backgrounds and facing the same direction.

Sailor Moon was very much a budget title.

what's up with the spaghetti limbs in this series.

It's intended to be a dramatic, dynamic sense of perspective. Up to you if it worked or not.
Given how bad Crystal was in general, it was probably fine.

Attached: 1558230188767.jpg (1280x883, 1.07M)

>Also Minako best senshi.
She's my second favorite but nothing can beat Makoto, sorry. I'll meet you halfway with this image at least.

Also the Sailor Stars OP was the best one by a wide, wide margin.
youtube.com/watch?v=UlkN58iORYE

Attached: 65e5d56b0f13463bee1343f3349beb3d.jpg (520x815, 413K)

We could've done with a few more. There's only one or two episodes in the entire show where Usagi does everything by herself without the help of any others. As great as her interactions with the other girls are, once the fights start she's completely useless and only relevant by the fact she has to always be the one to deliver the killing blow.

play mods

Attached: sts.webm (560x315, 1.17M)

>fall in love with Nozomi from Love Live
>she's a dyke
>fall in love with Kiana from Honkai Impact
>she's a dyke
>fall in love with Sailor Neptune
>she's a dyke

Why are the best girls always dykes?

Attached: bd0fe6c16bbe0797d2aa6594bf308108.jpg (579x807, 96K)

maybe it's because I only got into precure after watching sailor moon last year and wanting more but as nice as the fights are the character interactions are what matter most to me. I think this is a huge part of why my favorite of the seasons I've seen so much is Smile and why I like KiraKira a lot too even though everyone else seems indifferent at best to it.

Haruka's probably my favorite character in SM. She doesn't put up with anybody's shit.

>>fall in love with Sailor literally any of them other than Usagi
>>she's a dyke

My waifu for laifu, from long before I knew what a waifu is. She is literally kino.

Attached: 1518477654531.png (640x480, 477K)

>it's a faggot spouting ledit "...episode" maymays again because he thinks it sounds cool

Throw yourself off the nearest cliff thanks.

It's more pleasant discussion, but the tradeoff is that it's almost always going to be shallower discussion with the threat of deletion for being off-topic. I'm more willing to put up with all of Yea Forums's flaws knowing that I can get more in-depth talk out of vidya, but for anime my main interest is 90's manime and Sailor Moon so a casual thread on Yea Forums is more suited to my needs. Yea Forums is better for the image dumps of girls though.

>Greg
>Chad
>Mako's ex-boyfriend
>Literally fucking READ Codename: Sailor V

Attached: Venus is dissapointed alt 2.png (206x206, 96K)

Rei isn't a dyke.

Chestlets, when will they learn?

In the manga, she refuses all contact with men out of bitter feelings for her politician father never being around.

Naoko is horrible at pacing and drawing (the action panels can be pretty confusing) but the story itself isn't that bad. It's actually a lot edgier than the anime.

Thing is, every time the anime departed from the source material they fucking butchered it. No Sailor Venus shoving her sword through Queen Beryl. No Dark Lady turning good again because she realized her only friend (Pluto) just sacrificed herself, instead we get a generic Usagi+Mamoru "pls be good again" speech.
No Sailor Saturn calmly bringing forth the apocalypse with everyone literally shitting their pants because holy shit Sailor Moon is dead and this planet is about to get nuked. Instead, Sailor Saturn being the harbinger of death was just fake news (for some reason?) and she basically does nothing because Sailor Moon is there to save the day again.
The ending was also a lot bleaker (and kind of confusing) too but I don't remember it off the top of my head.

A lot of the anime original elements are fucking great obviously, but the relentless Usagi circlejerking when it came to plot was not one of them.

Attached: 005.jpg (760x1200, 670K)

My little sister is absolutely terrible at videogames, and is the kind of person who will play smash brothers a thousand times, and never learn a single move aside from Pikachu's down +b no matter how many times I'd try to teach her more.
She absolutely loved Sailor Moon though, so I found this game on an emulation site back in the 90's, and got it for her. I showed her the basics of how to play it, and before I knew it she got hardcore into it. I never actually played the game, so I don't know if it was actually difficult, but what little of what I watched her play of it she actually looked like she had bothered to learn the ins and outs of the strategy of this game, and must have beaten it at least a half dozen times. I've played tons and tons of games with her, but have never been able to reproduce such a thing with her again.
/blog

All I really remember is the first few chapters of each arc having the Sailors fight their counterpart general, then everything dragging their heels until Usagi kills the big bad for good. Repeat ad nauseum.

I always thought the Sailor Moon only episodes were the most boring in the series.

Which Sailor Moon series is the best? I remember only watching like bits and pieces of a couple of episodes when I was a wee lad but I never actually remembered anything about it.

I heard I should avoid the recent Crystal show because it's apparently shit. So which one do I watch that is the best version of SM?

youtube.com/watch?v=KVCNwpJNiPg

That scene was fucking kino

That doesn't make her a dyke though.

Not an argument, that user pwned you good. You look so upset

Obligatory.

Attached: rei.png (768x1633, 1.1M)

The same thing that happened to Usagi's parents, and Shingo, and Umino, and Naru, and Haruna, and basically every other recurring character from Series 1 that wasn't a Sailor Soldier/Tuxedo Mask.

Toei was more interested in turning the show into a glorified toy commercial than anything else.

youtube.com/watch?v=VlXy2xjyGO4

Attached: 1462676154596.gif (500x375, 988K)

>The ending was also a lot bleaker (and kind of confusing) too but I don't remember it off the top of my head.
Sailor Universe wants to nuke the cauldron, because it's been tainted with eveil. The cauldron is what causes sailor crystals to be reborn into people. Nuke the cauldron, and there evil can no longer keep being reborn, but it means that no more sailor senshi and everybody who was a senshi is permanently dead. Sailor Moon kills Universe, and after some time going back and forth over deciding what to do,

she ends up purifying the cauldron, which doesn't mean that the evil is gone, but it means that it's lessened and everyone will be reborn together when it shows up again.

The movies are called "Sailor Moon Eternal" and have nothing to do with Crystal, apparently.

What the fuck are you doing Toei?

Sailor Galaxia, not Universe.

Wasn't there a side scroller beat em up type game, a la streets of rage, or am I just making up memories?

Yeah. They were like "HOW CAN YOU DITCH OUR CASH COW THIS FAST?!?!??"

Watch the 90's anime. Don't skip a single episode, and look up some guide for the best spot to watch the movies and specials.
If you get curious about Crystal, skip the first two seasons, they were shit. S3 is alright.
Read the manga if you want, it's alright, but the secret truth of the matter is that Nakao's not that great of a story teller.

Ah, right. Sorry, it's been awhile since I went through the whole story.

You are right. There was a side-scrolling brawler, more than one RPG, and more than one fighting game. Might be more than one brawler as well.

Don't you mean Sailor Cosmos?

Haven't watched it in a while, but in the anime doesn't the last episode have everyone (effectively) dead while a naked Usagi flying through the sky fighting Galaxia with a sword he summoned somehow censored only by the small crystals everywhere and then she wins and it kind of ends rather abruptly?

Attached: 1513666939086.jpg (512x733, 117K)

Yeah for the arcades. It wasn't that good though.

Not the guy who asked, but I came into this thread to basically ask the same thing. I'd prefer a dub than a sub because I'd like to keep shitposting and not have to pay attention to reading. Is the Dic dub the one I want, or is there a definitive version or anything?
I'm like 5 minutes into episode 1 of the dic dub, so it's not too late to change if it's the wrong one.

youtube.com/watch?v=YjjzEYLU1rM
I'll let Frank Sinatra explain it to you.

>Haven't watched it in a while, but in the anime doesn't the last episode have everyone (effectively) dead

Everyone except Sailor Moon, Sailor Star Fighter, Sailor Star Healer, and Sailor Star Maker

>while a naked Usagi flying through the sky fighting Galaxia with a sword he summoned somehow censored only by the small crystals everywhere and then she wins

More or less.

>and it kind of ends rather abruptly?

I wouldn't say that. The battle against Galaxia last for like the last six episodes.

>Sailor Mercury OP
>not a single mention of "time to clean up this board"
You 'people' disgust me.

The Dic dub is set to a mutilated version for the 90's.
If you have to do a dub, use the Funi one.
But you should really, really, watch the subs, the voice actors are much better. SMC subs and Bunny Hat raws.

Me on the right

People will say the Viz dub, but the Viz dub is trying to be more like the manga, which doesn't make sense since Crystal exists and the 90's anime is its own thing, so I would say watch the Dic dub, it's cheesy as hell, but I say stick with it.

If you want to watch a dub then the new Viz dub is the way to go. I don't like the voices as much as the DiC episodes but the Viz episodes are a true, faithful, uncut dub. The DiC episodes are hacked to hell and back and has swaths of episodes that were never dubbed or are the pasted together pieces of multiple episodes to make one.

The only thing I'll give to the Dic dub, is that British Nanny Luna was fucking perfect, and every subsequent adaptation should have followed suit.

Attached: 1520820499064.jpg (720x540, 52K)

Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see...

Problem with that is that old school anime had a bad habit of ruining things with their titles, the Sailor Senshi die? Well fuck there goes any surprise and tension. It's why I'm glad they changed it to Day of Destiny in America cause I did not see it coming.

Mars and Jupiter's eyes look too soft for their character.

Well shit. Now I have no idea. I'm not seeing the Funi one on the site I'm on, and since Dic is the one I saw when I was a kid, and it's the one I'm already on, I think I'll just stick with this. Assuming I do stick with it.
I'm not beyond switching to the Viz dub though. Is it really all that much better? Keeping in mind that I really don't into anime, and I'm mostly giving this show a chance because I have fond memories of it as a child.

Never forget Luna getting saved by a fat cat Tuxedo Mask.

Attached: sailor_moon_episode_31_rhett_butler_rescues_luna.jpg (720x540, 109K)

Just watch all of them.

It's more accurate to the manga, but I don't think it makes it better, and the 90's charm added more heart than the Viz dub I won't lie despite the heaving editing.

Dick should only be seen if you've already watched the uncut version.
Watch the new dub, or preferably the subs.
Unless you want to have to listen to everyone be shocked when Serena is Serenity.

>Minako best senshi.
Indeed.
The puzzle games were amazing.

Attached: 1525205529954.gif (500x374, 621K)

That said, switch to Viz when you get to S, because DiC didn't dub that or SuperS. Rather, Cloverway did, and it was even worse.

Rhett Butler was a fucking gentleman worthy of the name.
Also never forget how wet Luna got for his monster form.

Easy, a Sailor Moon Musou haha.

Attached: 1532367798411.jpg (920x688, 156K)

Ok, I think I'll stick with dic for now, and if I keep with it I'll continue with viz, or maybe even restart with viz if I think I should once I get there.
I might just drop it altogether a few episodes in, but I've been hurting for a show to watch for a while, so I probably won't drop it.
Thanks for all input anons.

>The battle against Galaxia last for like the last six episodes.
I meant more that she beats Galaxia and then the show rather abruptly ends, with no real time for any conclusion. Compare that with DBZ which gave something like 15 episodes to its conclusion including a timeskip, a reuinion and another world tournament.

because Yea Forums would just lewd them.

Attached: 101419.jpg (225x350, 38K)

Jap titles have a tendency to be overly long and reveal far too much.

lol almost every 90s anime would have a "next time on [anime]" segment after the end credits that would completely spoil the episode, Sailor Moon included.

They had to make up for revealing Usagi is the moon princess in the first 5 minutes of episode 1 somehow.

No devs wanna license it beside mobile game companies

>I think I'll stick with dic for now,
LISTEN TO ME YOU DOUBLE NIGGER, THAT'S THE WRONG DECISION.
DIC IS SHIT.
IT'S LIKE COMPARING THE AMERICAN DIGIMON MOVIE TO OUR WAR GAME.
IT"S LIKE LISTENING TO THE KIDS BOP VERSION OF NWA.

Attached: 1345810756128.png (1280x1042, 1.03M)

>"Today on sailor moon shit happens, how do I get out of this, stay tuned and find out!"
>Shit does indeed happen
How the FUCK did she know every time??

But that's the fun part.

Attached: 1544867111356.jpg (640x705, 42K)

there were two beatemups on for snes
youtube.com/watch?v=T-Jzp-nLUdM
youtube.com/watch?v=7GZUVxU70EY

It's called shoujo.

>recently watch season 2 of the original
>get to Black Lady

I'm not saying I'm no longer a Mercuryfag but golly gosh.

Attached: when you look at it from this angle, it's kind of cute, actually.png (434x374, 136K)

same as the manga

Attached: Act 60 page 010.jpg (762x1200, 638K)

I love the anime's goofy faces

Attached: 1543639540340.png (499x1115, 953K)

>KIDS BOP VERSION OF NWA
Fuck you for making me search this.

Attached: 1461138542757.png (1024x576, 1.16M)

Wasn't the American Digimon Movie like, the shattered hacked up remains of three different Digimon films pasted together, or something insane like that?

Attached: Usagi Chibiusa bath.webm (640x480, 1.1M)

Digimon has always been a kiddie shit pokemon knockoff as far as I have ever cared, so I don't understand.
>THE KIDS BOP VERSION OF NWA
If this is a thing, I'm going to listen to it right now. We'll see how this changes things.
I've been drinking, so you may have just shot yourself in the foot with that.

And the one for the arcade.
youtube.com/watch?v=vneZvdrNAWo

The first two were alright, as far as the dub went, it has it's charm, the third part was mangled.

Both of these are the same episode and so is this, Zoicite getting cornered by fucking sewer rats.

Attached: Screen-Shot-2014-10-12-at-8.07.16-PM-640x400.png (640x400, 192K)

Why is the water red?

No fuck nevermind don't want to know.

fuck this gay earth. i realy can excape shitty reality no matter what. 80% of people are shit.

Attached: 1562373265879.jpg (642x960, 112K)

This is fucking much. Dear God I did not expect SuperS to do so much interesting shit with all the side characters and actually continue minor plot points from several seasons ago. From the way everyone goes on about it, I was expecting the whole season to be about pink creampuffs, but it was actually hilarious.

Attached: bang.jpg (720x480, 52K)

You fags freak out too much over the old dub. Does it overly localise? Yes, but that's not inherently bad and it's still entertaining as hell because the core of the show itself is entertaining in any language.

She's nice, but I like her not evil aged up version better.

Attached: 1456025756221.jpg (608x448, 65K)

Have you ever watch Digimon? If it does one thing better than Pokemon it's the story.

Attached: Screen-Shot-2014-10-12-at-8.07.21-PM-640x400.png (640x400, 347K)

Man I almost forgot with Season 3(S), they kind of went a bit on the realistic side with having villains being scientists and making these weapons and crazy gadgets to extract heart crystals and truning them into monsters.

Villains mostly in the series were exterrestial beings but the villains in S were scientists making crazy shit which would've possibly caused terrorism or a World War,

>Remembered that bitch that drives around in the car sniping people to steal heart crystals

Realistically once you know what her car was, you would've easilly killed her by blowing it up with an RPG round blowing up both the car and herself in the car.

Attached: Screen-Shot-2014-10-12-at-8.07.22-PM-640x400.png (640x400, 357K)

Stylistic choice, or going by the showerhead, it could be a scented bath.

Because the tub is pink and the water is clear.

It's Crystal + worst arc

>If it does one thing better than Pokemon it's the story.
That's not an achievement.

Shouldn't you be busy trying to recover your dead career, projared?

I just mean, goddamn. She's a little brat now, but with her father's genes in the mix and the influence of all the other Senshi, she's got a good chance to be Best Girl, bar none.

Attached: 1524352716994.jpg (640x480, 56K)

Manga was more the power of love, while anime was more the power of friendship. Up to you what you prefer.

Second best. Mars is Queen.

>loli bait
god bless japan

Attached: 57484743_10161775942135038_5484279319771480064_o.jpg (1280x960, 250K)

But the thing that other shows fail to understand is that while Sailor Moon did that power of love and friendship, it didn't stop them from getting killed.

I watched the dick dub after watching the original, and it really isn't that bad outside of typical censorship and occasional awkward lines. Hell, sometimes it's better than the Viz dub. And, uh... It's got far more SOUL than the Viz dub, too.
oh and the original music is 10/10
youtu.be/YcyQqiZdaMc

Scented bath salts/powder. It usually makes the water pink, green, or blue.

based and redpilled sir

It did, however, revive them from death.

Honestly Super S was my favorite season.

One thing I didn't like though was S and Super S had one same thing in the end which Chibi-usa has both the Pure Heart Crystal and Gold Mirror.

What the hell? Ran out of ideas during Super S?

>pokemon knockoff
>has nothing in common with Pokemon besides having cute monsters

Attached: 1559607885247.png (310x416, 152K)

True, but the fact that we watched them die in the first place was what was so shocking.

SuperS was an anime original if I remember. After Super, the manga goes straight to Stars.

No SuperS was based on the Dream arc from the manga, it's just that Stars just did an abbreviated version.

Attached: Mercury transforming.webm (704x480, 1.56M)

I see, thank you.

Attached: 13bea4ee7071c423258a3caa6643c745.jpg (600x789, 83K)

>no Moonlight Densetsu

Attached: getoutjew.jpg (568x521, 74K)

>implying she doesn't want Usagi's moon kaleidoscope inside her

>but the Viz dub is trying to be more like the manga
In what sense?

Attached: Venus transforming.webm (704x480, 2.21M)

DiC is definitely fine to watch if you know why you're watching it and specifically want something kooky, entertaining and nostalgic but understand you aren't getting getting the anime proper. It works as its own thing as a weird, off-brand Canadian adaptation of Sailor Moon.

Attached: PSerenity.jpg (320x430, 35K)

Attached: Jupiter transforming.webm (704x480, 1.79M)

Attached: Sailor Moon Transforming.webm (704x480, 2.84M)

In the sense that the dialogue is more influenced by the manga, you listen the the dialogue of the Dic dub, it's pure 90's nostalgia.

> revealing Usagi is the moon princess in the first 5 minutes of episode 1

That was honestly fantastic. Knowing that from the start puts all the early episodes in a different perspective, like you know this girl running around whacking mobs is going to go through a whole load of different shit later on.

I'm glad it's not Crystal, but it's really just Sailor Moon Precure, now.

Attached: 1330226390847.gif (340x389, 115K)

I'm just gonna leave this here.
youtube.com/watch?v=gGLGYyWJAKI

>tfw a boy
>watched the fuck out of sailor moon as a kid
>always wanted a EZ bake oven

fuck i literally havnt seen this in decades

>once you know what her car was, you would've easilly killed her

Dude, you have actually watched what happens in the show right?

Attached: ok_gif.gif (320x236, 1.01M)

Attached: Pluto transforming.webm (640x480, 1.96M)

You are the kind of faggot who complains the OP has "spoilers"

What's your favorite monster, Yea Forums?

Attached: 13.jpg (640x480, 48K)

>The show just straight up drops the Jupiter's senpai 'subplot' after the start of R

This shit pisses me off so much

That's actually decent compared to "Saban" Moon. Low-budget obviously, but a step up from the other pitch.

Dumbass that was a legit problem back in the day, maybe instead of using your one brain cell to call me a fag you could learn to not be a stupid waste of oxygen.

>once you know what her car was, you would've easilly killed her
That's what happens, actually.

Castor and Pollux
Gave me a girls with tails fetish, I'll always love them for that

Attached: Castor_and_Pollux.png (640x480, 329K)

Pom-pom-pom!

Attached: 1527857577414.webm (640x480, 275K)

Oh my, that was AMAZINGLY bad. There are a ton of those "I'm original and totally not a Sabrina the Teenage Witch" live action shows floating around. This looks worse than probably all of them.

sabrina got a remake though

Mostly because she wasn't told to kill anyone she just wanted people to play with. I wonder how the other monsters would act without orders

Attached: 257mj.jpg (640x480, 45K)

There was the water based one that just wanted Jadite's dick.

This music that played when they all warped in a couple times was great.

youtube.com/watch?v=6H0_TvLABAE

So you mean it's a more accurate dub?

More accurate to the manga yes

more accurate? Yes. Better? No. They had the balls to take out British Nanny Luna.

Are any of them actually good? Every Sailor Moon game I've played has been either an extremely sub-par beat-em-up and the RPGs on SNES which all were extremely bland at the start and didn't get me hooked enough to want to continue

It's a shit anime for teenage girls, why would I want a game based on it?

Pluto is underrated and got dicked by the entire series.

The SFC fighting games are solid, and probably the best SM games made, just stay away from the Saturn/PSX versions.
The MD beat 'em up is decent
The arcade game is pretty damn good (just extremely unfinished. Tons of shit still in the rom that just wasn't implemented for whatever reason)
Another Story is a fine, but poorly balanced RPG. I think the recent re-translation patch was supposed to help with that
I'm rather fond of the Stars puzzle game, but your mileage may vary with that.

In another universe Sailor Moon was an RPG instead of an anime and is universally considered the greatest game ever made

Me on the bottom

Attached: Mars transforming - Crystal s3.webm (854x480, 2.74M)

But there is a Sailor Moon RPG. It's based on Big Eyes Small Mouth, if I recall.
Tenchi Muyo has one too, though MAID is a lot better for it.

Congratulations you are a dyke.

Attached: broken blonde bottom.png (641x351, 127K)

Attached: Uranus detransforming.gif (300x225, 994K)

It's just a phase right? She's totally not wasting that booty carpet munching right?

She is wrapped around Neptune's finger.
She's wearing trousers, but Michiru wears the pants in their fucked up little family with Setsuna and Hotaru.

I don't know what sort of game you could even make besides a classic turn style RPG. Sailor Scouts were notorious for ability spamming, and never really fought with their fists or anything. It was all beam spam.

What kind of game would you even want?

>never really fought with their fists or anything
Jupiter used a Judo throw on a monster before she even got her powers.
She's also the only one to kill a monster without Moon casting her attack.

Ok, so like, one time?

My nigga

Sailor V run n gun

Attached: 1540399189643.jpg (920x688, 106K)

Attached: Uranus kisses Moon.webm (1440x1080, 1M)

Attached: 1536431591722.gif (500x375, 1.77M)

>is universally considered the greatest game ever made

No, that would still be OoT, but in all seriousness Sailor Moon would have a serious shot at being the best VN/RPG were it to have a high budget adaptation given all the shit that is possible with the characters.

What would a Tuxedo Mask game be like?

>that would still be OoT
fuck off boomer

>fuck off boomer
>You are now aware of how old Sailor Moon/V actually is

How old were your parents when they had you?

Just wanted to tell you guys to be careful. There's a mod that's been giving site wide bans just for posting in off topic threads.

That story about the first time she saw a dick was cute.

Shouldn't the entirety of the userbase on Yea Forums be banned then?

Your powers are always on, but when shit goes down you have to Metal Gear tour way around to find a spot to change into your top hat and cape.

they need to start getting rid of all this shit. I like sailor moon but it isn't fucking videogames

I still see twitter screencaps threads in the catalog so clearly he's not doing a very good job of it.

>but it isn't fucking videogames

Jokes on you. We can have a thread the only talks about Sailor Moon as a video game and it will still stretch close to the bump limit

Attached: SailorMoonAnotherStory.jpg (510x446, 114K)

>Sailor Moon Vs. Saint Seiya never ever

But... there's two Sailor Moon beat em ups like Turtles in Time.

Why did Sailor Moon appeal to boys again?

Attached: Jupiter ice skating.webm (640x480, 2.4M)

Sorry, I meant to say as good as Turtles In Time.

I will defend DIC to the death because that dub's voice acting was underrated.

And yet this thread is better than half of the threads on Yea Forums at any given moment. Now let's listen to these sweet rendition
youtube.com/watch?v=k2s_TfPyn7Y

Ask Black Dog.

Attached: 1552027888894.jpg (640x480, 108K)

For Luna, Jupiter, Haruna, Zoicite and Serena's first VA, absolutely.

Attached: Neptune transforming - Crystal s3.webm (854x480, 2.14M)

What part of "Gotta get in tune with Sailor Moon, cause that cartoon has got the boom anime babes that make me thing the wrong things", do you not understand?

You do nothing for most of the game then just show up, throw a rose, then do nothing again.

>Serena's first VA
Meh, Terri Hawks sealed the deal for me during that scene where Serena and Darian break up.

Where's my fucking remake? Although they'd probably use the Crystal designs at this point

>that scene where Serena and Darian break up

Eh, while I have to admit that was done exceptionally well in the dub, with the whole back half of that episode being better than the Japanese, Terri really just sounds too boisterous most of the time and couldn't pull off the cute, naive side of the character anywhere near as well as Tracey.

>want to watch dub for nostalgia
>want to watch sub to finally get the true experience after all these years

Attached: 1561820752706.jpg (704x480, 191K)

Slay the Spire Sailor Moon mod

SMC subs, Bunny Hat raws.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS!!!!!!!!!11

The dubs got away with a lot of shit.

Attached: 040.jpg (600x426, 45K)

I like Lita's voice, nice and scratchy that's sort of audio semaphore for Tomboy.
But the DIC dub is still shit, because it was written like shit.

>not posting the scene where the Horse gets a full frontal shot of Chibi-Usa while she changes for bed
Ever seen a horse blush?

Attached: 1404534722932.jpg (480x1066, 55K)

Super S was weird.

it looks cute again. i'm looking forward to this now.

Attached: Naoko foreskin fetishist.png (536x358, 192K)

Attached: naoko interviews togashi.jpg (1066x1600, 179K)

Attached: wedding punch.jpg (613x7117, 1.87M)

Attached: Baby Punch.jpg (574x4146, 597K)

Attached: jupiter_03.gif (540x304, 2.03M)

Persona 5

Attached: [SMC] Sailor Moon R The Movie R2 DVD (H264.AC3)[68A6CC04][(008132)06-41-07].jpg (864x480, 110K)

Sailor Moon is directly responsible for my femdom tendencies

literally every single one of them -chibiusa is prime fantasy material

S O U L E S S

>Mexican girl.gif

Attached: Haruna-sensei's butt.webm (704x480, 487K)

well either way i can't wait for more fanart of my favorite magical girls

Attached: df7e3544467e694a6b2d0c3960d73125.gif (419x314, 441K)

You know what I want? a Sailor Moon game with a Character-building segments like in Persona or the AoT game, and some good, moderately actiony combat. Speaking of, who thinks Blue Reflection, did the character intereactions well? I wouldn´t know, see the gamplay put me off trying that, even though I liked the art, character designs, and music. Is there some thing in it Sailor moon could get inspired by? Hypothetically speaking
>A Precure game
Yes, please with Dragon´s dogma combat.

Attached: Cure melody Sailor Jupiter.png (1012x1500, 1.61M)

what kind of combat would it be tho? fist fighting and kicking with occasional special attacks?
like I feel combat would be the weakest part, since in the series they use like 2-3 attacks at max.

persona like sailor moon sounds cool af tho

That part where she pulled that wedgie out her butt did something to me as a kid.

Musou where your special is tied into whatever transformation item you picked at the start.

>actually continue minor plot points from several seasons ago
>the writers finally remembered that Mamoru and Rei dated at one point
>got a "Usagi tries to be a ninja but fails" episode out of it

Attached: tumblr_mmtcu9W74D1s5x4l3o1_1280.png (1116x480, 752K)

Nothing can overpower her mother's retardgenes.

it fascinates me how straight guys can be so into sailor moon.
it's such a girly/gay franchise

Attached: iRBKb7J.jpg (500x626, 39K)

That´s the problem. hand to hand combat Your mundane, light/hevy, dodge/parry, counter system? plus some magical attcks which you could just copy from the show,But I´m not sure the scale of a musou would work, like what is saying

What if you locked onto the biggest or most dangerous enemy. and this would add that´s enemy´s health and your together into a bar, and your magic reserve would charge up as this mark goes down, making magic either a fancy finishing move, or a desperation attack when you´re nearly dead, which seems to fit the way it works in the series .
It might fit the way Precure fight better, because they mostli use magic as the big finisher, and punch and kick druing the rest of the fight.

Attached: precure werewolf fight.gif (477x270, 2.11M)

The Eugealmobile is the greatest advancement in villain technology, ever.
>tfw I only just now realized the driver side is on the left
>in japan

Attached: EudialCar.png (873x633, 625K)

>complains that there's no Sailor Moon game
>he hasn't 1CC'd the arcade beat 'em up
Shame on you

bitch, I've been jerking off to this since I was ten

Attached: Mars transforming.webm (704x480, 1.73M)

Was it her teacher?
I thought it was a reappearance of a target-of-the-week from a previous episode. The girl who was into tennis or something.

No but seriously, why can't modern anime have magical girl transformations this good?

You can look at the reboot's transformations. The new ones focus on wild camera actions because to them it denotes exciting. In reality it makes it hard to connect to. In the 90's one the artwork and proportions look like a real human being (albiet an adult woman) and are automatically relatable.

I can't believe Sailor Moon is fucking dead.

You ain't got boots you ain't a sailor scout

>Big Eyes Small Mouth
Wow I never knew this existed.

She doesn't even have any competition

His family were millionaires

How did this show not cause seizures?

Maybe her ass is just so amazing, she couldn't help but stare.

Why is her shoe already present at 0:17 before the fire turns into her clothes?

Honestly, something about the closeup on the face always threw me off ever since I was a kid.
To me, it was some kind of shit-eating grin.

>The best ass in the whole series is on a dyke that dresses like a dude.

Reeeeeeee.

>Usagi's swimsuit is the same one from the photographer episode, complete with the bows she tied on it to hide the moth holes

It's the little things.

Attached: il_794xN.1688093293_d5r6.jpg (794x1032, 88K)

>why can't modern anime have magical girl transformations this good?
Symphogear just had one of the greatest magical girl transformation sequences of the decade only yesterday

I never realized Ami had the biggest chest among the three.

youtube.com/watch?v=hSc02Ddosg4

>but with her father's genes in the mix
Dude, her father is such a worthless piece of shit that one time his secret identity developed another secret identity just to do his fucking job
I honestly feel sorry for her for having such retards as parents

Attached: 1ab790645a1e514f30f2aecf1db5037c.jpg (720x480, 33K)

She wears a choker user, she's the biggest slut of them all

Attached: eZbKv9s.png (640x480, 330K)

Like the Powerpuff Girls, the original anime's writing was broad enough that while girls could watch it, boys and adults could also watch it and enjoy just as much. Anything written for a general audience leaves a lasting impression far better than anything written for a specific audience. Example, the Powerpuff reboot was written for girls and only girls and it shows while Crystal was written for 30-year-old women. As a result, the lasting appeal wore off. Moreso with the Powerpuff Girls, the writing is not only subpar, the writers missed the point of what made the originals so great.
latimes.com/entertainment/herocomplex/la-et-hc-powerpuff-girls-20160401-story.html

>One character who didn't make the cut in the new "Powerpuff Girls" series? The mayor's red-headed assistant Ms. Bellum.

>"We felt like Ms. Bellum wasn't quite indicative of the kind of messaging we wanted to be giving out at this time, so we sort of had her move on," Jennings explained. "And that was a good choice I think on our part."

>The Ms. Sara Bellum character was the super-intelligent, capable and apparently beautiful woman (her face was never shown), who for some reason never rose above being the assistant to the generally clueless mayor of Townsville.
Never mind the actual 'animation'.

Attached: 1456715378259.png (614x651, 209K)

I know, that was fucking brilliant. You'd think that it'd be one of those episodes that everyone goes on about and gets memed to hell, but nobody ever mentions stuff like it.

In a way, it's kind of a good thing because it means that Sailor Moon is just always full of delightful surprises that you wouldn't expect.

i really don't say this often but these designs are utterly soulless

>We felt like Ms. Bellum wasn't quite indicative of the kind of messaging we wanted to be giving out at this time
Hmm yes, I see.

Attached: 058[1].gif (500x278, 1.18M)

she was my very first waifu back when I was like 6 years old

And it happened a second time.

Attached: 1495920439751.png (1057x819, 1.09M)

Did Satan himself draw this?

Attached: Ami.webm (640x480, 1.82M)

I R E L A N D
R
E
L
A
N
D

As bad as that was, I don't think anything can compete with this pitch.
youtube.com/watch?v=SHficeNF_Y8

Attached: 1452132021521.jpg (640x480, 44K)

The Cartoon Network dub episode for this was crazy because they cut so much so to compensate enough to still fill the timeslot they played the rest of the episode in slowmo with the audio halfassedly synched.

boots > heels

was it masturbation

If you want other pen-and-paper RPGs with magical girls, there is Magical Burst written by the guy who translated MAID into English () There is also Princess: the Hopefull which runs on the World of Darkness games, and is mechanically complex, resquires lot´s of notekeeping, stat tracking and rolling a lot of dice at once, so it might not be for you, Magical burst is much simpler.
There is also Panty Explosion, which, don´t let the name throw you, is a game about supernatural schoolgirls trying to get throught the obligations of their daily lives. how difficult a given task is influnced not only by your stats, but who is the most popular in school at the time, thaz player uses larger dice, so it easier to hit the target number for challenges. Two of the other characters are your character´s rival and best friend, respectivelly, and when your character succeds at a roll, the bestie´s player establishes how it happens, or the rival does it or in case of failure the rival does it.
1d4chan.org/wiki/Panty_Explosion

Attached: sailor moon by yasu tomoe hotaru cliff.png (702x1260, 1.24M)

>Ami has a big moment and figures out how to ascend her transformation to the next level
>The series proceeds to hand em out like candy to the other girls

Vegeta was spot on.
youtube.com/watch?v=xflI5gkF8Ns

Attached: MercuryBitchslap.gif (320x240, 493K)

I once mentioned that to my friends years ago when I was in school. I was immediately rebuffed with comments like "you gotta be gay not to like it" and "have you seen the legs on those girls?"

Attached: 1496874666903.jpg (640x627, 101K)

They actually made the full pilot episode for that thing and I really want to see it. The script along with a bunch of animation cells for it leaked online a few years ago and it sounds and looks so astoundingly bad I must witness it at least once. Somewhere someone has the reel of that episode laying in their basement but it's managed to never end up online.

I still can't get over the fact that they put one of them in a wheel chair. The 90s were special.

>user accidentally comes out to his friends

90's era dub
>SOUL
Everything else after
>SOULESS

Attached: Jupiter mercury dance.jpg (719x1077, 169K)

>watching Sailor Moon in the living room while parents are present
>this episode airs

Attached: 1389537010733.gif (339x279, 693K)

Reminder that most of those VA's wanted to come back for the new dub cause they really enjoyed it, but Funimation is gay as fuck.

Attached: YOU FUCKING BITCH -sailor moon.gif (500x375, 283K)

Isn't that more on Ami not having as many focus episodes as the rest? I feel like the writers didn't know what to do with her, not to the extent of the Outer group I still don't know what Pluto's character is meant to be, and at this point I don't think I ever will, and never went further than "she's the smart one". Rei had "she's the fiery, mad, angry, and boy crazy one", Makoto had the "she's the strong, romantic, creative, and boy crazy oen", and Minako had "she's the stupid, crazy, wants to be famous, may be just as retarded as Usagi, and boy crazy one".

files.catbox.moe/ymnysk.webm

Which ones? Cause Cristina Vee as Mars and Cherami Leigh as Venus unironically make me diamonds.

I really am interested in Princess the Hopeful after reading the background lore a while back. The problem is that no one is really playing any TT/PNP RPGs in my country and area much so for obscure or custom scenarios so it really sucks hard.

reminder that the dubbing/localization industry is full of people who are friends with one another and every project they work on is just an excuse for them to hang out with their friends and get them more work, not to produce something faithful of quality or watchable.

Attached: dhr.gif (710x515, 1.86M)

Why can't localizers have fun like they used to?
youtube.com/watch?v=b4TpxOg1KeE

Attached: AmiDoesn'tBelieveInSmallBites.gif (475x365, 763K)

Cloverway kept the a number of the same voices though. The dub for the most part kept the same people throughout it despite going through different studios.

There was nothing else on tv 30 years ago at 7 am
I didnt care for it much when I tried to watch all of it as an adult

>Funimation is gay as fuck

They're also based in America. All the original dub voice actors are Canadian.

I think it's pretty great that Ami has her own special which showed she IS in fact just as boy-crazy as the others, she just hides it well.

>She thinks she's allergic to love letters
>This is the girl who wants to become a doctor

Attached: AmiMoon.jpg (741x1079, 134K)

It's more of a logistical thing. The original dub, a lot of people may not know, was done entirely in Canada. The new dub is American.

Is this real life?
Did this actually happen?

Tuxedo Mask, Sailor Moon, Mars, Jupiter, Luna, Artemis to name the ones I saw in the video of the panel about it.

Does she become a doctor? I still don't know what happens to them in the thousand year gap between the main story and the time Chibiusa's from

she got a doctor but only in social science

haha what

Attached: 1467517392182.png (700x700, 216K)

DiC Sailor Moon always sounded too much like Hyacinth Bucket for my tastes

youtube.com/watch?v=XD7kxN4fDWg

So pure...

She had two VA's. One for the first seasons and a half or so and then Terri Hawkes took over and I honestly thought here voice was far more likable. They both did a decent job but when I hear Terri in my head when I think of the character speaking.

Fuck I need to go to bed that wasn't legible.

There's a literal Sailor Moon fighting game tournament tho.
youtu.be/QTn-NwKZeQE

Attached: nip.png (369x373, 267K)

Ooooooooooooooooh sailor moon~~

Yeesh. No, that's bad. The animation is good on a technical level, but the entire concept is awful.

I masturbated and came to the stuff posted in this thread

ahhh don't tell me you're the minako birthday thread host again, this is the first time i'm on this board in a month and naturally i'm stepping into another sailor moon thread. is it doom or destiny?

Attached: ははははははははははははははははははははははははははははははははは� (573x399, 33K)

I like Crystal Mars better she js hella cute, too bad the serie is soulless dogshit

Attached: 530a094167384ff5fbd9f6a96f410fcd.png (2087x3736, 1.82M)

Attached: 1555582028031_0.jpg (992x744, 152K)

youtube.com/watch?v=icunKjVcSRM

Yes.

they're still pretty solid
youtube.com/watch?v=l11uaEjA-iI

Women don't play video games.

The animation's great but the transformation is fucking stupid.

All the girls had two VA's after the switch from Dick to Cloverway except Jupiter who managed to stay the same. Also Moon who had 2 VAs with Dick, the second being Terri Hawkes and definitely the better of the two, being replaced by Linda Ballantyne who had a blast doing it but made Serena sound like a 50 year old despite being in her early thirties.

Attached: 1436603802203.jpg (474x960, 44K)

youtube.com/watch?v=YQsw5dkdVeM

Attached: 1445424146178.png (720x540, 515K)

Holy shit, Rei didn't stand a chance.
youtube.com/watch?v=jtKJsmZ1zAY

>Like it when I'm young because magical girls are cool.
>Like it when I'm a teenager for the shoujo elements like romance.
>Like it now only because of sexy JCs.
Fixed feelings.

Has there ever been a girl named Makoto who wasn’t best girl?

Yeah, only once. In a series called Sailor Moon. Cuz Ami existed.

You better not be talking about the mary sue from Persona 5.

>JCs
I feel retarded right now but I'm drawing a blank on what that means.

Idolm@ster
Street Fighter

It’s a solid name for the best of girls

Best girl, yes.

JS = Joshi Shougakusei = primary sch
JC = Joshi Chuugakusei = sec. sch.
JK = Joshi Koukousei = high sch.
Joshi = girl

Is Ami eating some kind of widespread fetish I was unaware of?

Attached: AmiLikesHamburgers.png (640x480, 413K)

They had hamburgers in the 90's Japan? wtf

2020?
4 years after Season 3 ended?
What the fuck happened?

Here's a picture I have saved to my computer because... reasons...

Attached: AmiVolleyball.png (765x482, 307K)

Why does old anime often have that yellow filter over it?

I remember that being a fun episode but holy hell why does Usagi sound so old

production often happened int he spring and pollen gets onto the cells

You were watching it too?

Attached: projared faggotry.png (598x598, 710K)

Ami's tummy!

lmao what

>there are actually fans of niggermoon that aren't little girls

Attached: 1517902893117.jpg (408x408, 18K)

Reminder that a few months later, he's come out of this looking slightly better, if only just a little, and his "underage" accuser(s) have recanted or been proven to be lying.

But fuck him for ruining Mercury for me.

Attached: heidi's tranny sidebitch.png (586x460, 481K)

Yes? And?

Attached: 2296.jpg (640x492, 32K)

Attached: AmiFlawless.gif (500x280, 650K)

sailor mars

wtf was her problem?

Attached: AmiBullied.webm (512x384, 351K)

SO
GUYS
WHAT IF
SAILOR MOON S REMAKE
WITH ARCSYS TECHNOLOGY

Attached: sailormoonsjougaipic1_062918.png (571x500, 92K)

ok i lied. Its actually because they would often use urine on animation cels to wash the mistakes off

y-yeah... ''''animation''''

YOU GUYS DONT FUCKING UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH I FUCKING HATE REI, SHE IS SUCH A STUCK UP HOT HEAD BITCH I WANNA FUCKING KILL HER ANYTIME SHE SHIT TALKS USAGI I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD THERE IS NO OTHER CHARACTER IN THIS ENTIRE SHOW THAT MAKES ME SO FUCKING MAD!!!!!!!! SHE EVEN CALLED USAGI A RETARD, USAGI IS DUMB BUT SHE ISNT A FUCKING RETARD FUCK YOU REI FUCK YOUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: 1561344578725.jpg (1145x761, 325K)

Don't delude yourself sissy, you watch it because you self-insert as a cute magical girl, if you wanted to look at boobies you'd watch hentai or straight up real porn.

>Have a grandmother named Bunny
>Usagi's name is literally just Bunny in Japanese
>They didn't just call her Bunny in the translation

why u do this to me, dic?

Is this how people of the FGC usually behave?

>> no official Wonder Woman/Sailor Moon crossover

>i work out to look ripped like Arnold
>''hurr yor'e just a closte faggit''
>i like looking at naked girls
>''durr youre just a woomyn inside''
faggot's logic everyone

>an unironic usagifag actually exists
>and he's even dumber than her

Attached: 03102.jpg (480x352, 26K)

>if you wanted to look at boobies you'd watch hentai or straight up real porn.
there was none dumbass

Eat shit faggot I fapped to mars legs as a kid until my fucking dick was sore.

Yeah, looking at cartoon girls and feeling excited in your pants sure is normal for a well-adjusted male, be sure to bring up that argument in real life, bonus points for getting out of that argument without your skull caved in, creep, oh wait you'll never let anyone in real life know you actually watch this trash, sissy.

Your parents must be proud of you.

same, but there is so little sailor moon femdom stuff out there :(

Hey i just want justice for that cutie, am more of a Makotofag, but seriously Rei needs to fuck off sometimes, she is super sour to Usagi and only Usagi, sometimes the whole group shits only on her just because shes a dumby and it's not her fault she's the fucking Moon Princess and Rei is a jealous bitch. To be fair though the best moments in the entire show is when Rei and Usagi are sweet to each other but, most of the time Rei is just fucking cramming on Usagi and she can't even defend herself without Rei throwing a shit fit like a twat and then making Usagi feel like a meanie when they're both in the wrong. I just think Rei needs to cool her jets.

Attached: 1562162221334.png (640x480, 169K)

Here's an animated one.

Attached: AmiVolleyballAnimated.gif (500x373, 727K)

>Fapping to teenage girls in mini skirts and high heels makes you a creep
Found the actual closet pedo

Attached: male-feminist-comic.png (625x605, 57K)

Based

Attached: 948A7D3D-AE91-4436-AD5D-CD5519617907.jpg (900x563, 110K)

At least they didn't get a faggot like yours did.

>Yeah, looking at cartoon girls and feeling excited in your pants sure is normal
perfectly normal for a growing boy.

>well-adjusted male
only insecure faggots like you talk like that.
Have you ever even dated anyone, sperglord?

It makes you a creep according to all laws, both legal and otherwise.

Stop bending the definition of normal, sissy. What's normal in your diseased brain and your clique of tranny faggots isn't normal according to society. Which is why the only place you can talk about this trash is on here.

>It makes you a creep according to all laws
show the exact paragraph that legally defines the term ''creep'', retard.

Good thing the Sailor Moon girls aren’t real.

>teenage boy likes teenage girl
>that boy is now a pedophile
this is your brain on feminist propaganda

What game is this?

>movie is released and they decide to make a game to bank on it
>it's mobile garbage

I can totally see it happening.

Attached: 1340765273356.jpg (1200x1600, 645K)

If you're a teen and like sailor moon, you're a creep, ask pretty much anyone out on the street, but start with your parents, if you're a grown ass man and still like it, then I'm sorry but you're a diseased pedo and a creep, so there's no saving you except for being euthanized.

>pedo
>over fictional girls
ResetEra is thataway, user.

Slay the Spire

Attached: Sailor-Moon-Crystal-Rei.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

>People arguing with retards in a Sailor Moon thread
Please stop, i don't want this thread to end like this..........

Attached: 1562047413218.png (288x254, 103K)

>ami's legs are longer than Rei's
>her shoulders come up shorter

wtf is she some kind of hunchback in this doujin or what

this has to be bait
nobody can be this stupid right?

good doujin
it's called projared's life

Attached: 1525305996013.jpg (3384x3280, 1.84M)

Also recently, some dude hacked the game to mix the content from both S and SuperS, as well as add 3v3 fighting.

The hack is appropiately named: Sailor Moon FighterS

you might have scizophrenia as you try to argue the points i've never made.
consider joining 40%

I'm doing what I can, user, but I can't stop them.

Attached: AmiDaki.jpg (1000x1000, 61K)