Ukyo Uber Alles

Enjoying samsho Yea Forums?
Who's your main?
Why isnt it Ukyo?

Attached: SamuraiShdown-2.jpg (1000x563, 120K)

Ukyo is pretty cool but I'm trying to main Yashamaru. I like his design and theme but his playstyle is strange, interesting but feels a bit lacking.

Attached: 5884834d-2ed7-49cb-a1b6-2202ffcc6e20.jpg (1137x640, 114K)

Haven't played against a good Yashamaru yet, but he seems preety good.
My worst matchup so far is Earthquake...

Barely played it since release, but I've never actually played one before and I'm looking forward to learning this one.

Earthquake is pretty solid, surprisingly mobile for his size. You want to try to get him with jump in punishes, he has no anti air options and instead has to do an air to air to challenge jump ins.

Anyone else having trouble finding matches on ps4 in EU? UK specifically.
When I do find people I've isually already seen them before, I can't tell if the online just needs a patch or if the game is already dead.
I've been playing Darli and Hanzo but there's a few other characters I would like to try.

I've been getting matches super quick. Don't set your region to same, as it only search UK

Attached: 1554148769547.jpg (1137x640, 112K)

Waiting for PC. Although It already seems like it's half-dead already so I'm probably just going to skip it

I wanted Nakoruru to work for me but she just doesn't. Playing her doesn't seem worth the trade off. In a game where even weak characters have some great tools I really don't get why she has bad damage, takes more damage, short reach and lacks stuff like an invincible move. Seems she is nerfed just cause of tradition. The input reader seems way too eager to favour her backwards DP over 214. Being able to walk back and throw the bird out would be pretty good. But having to delay it sucks.

Attached: 1554971611775.jpg (2048x2048, 304K)

Sadly Nako has a history of being low tier, her basic design just makes her difficult to use. Right now though I would say Shiki is the worst character in the game, she seems to require too effort for what little she does well.

>Nako has a history of being low tier

So why was she suddenly so busted in KOF XIV?

I have region set to any and connection set to 2 bar minium, anything less is unplayable since 2 bars are often bad.
Again it's not that the online is completely dead there just seems to be a very small playerbase since I see the same people constantly.

Nakoruru is always busted in crossover, a lot of her flaws her less in other games

I'm UK as well and get different people all the time so I dunno

I'm from Brazil and get people from different regions with minor lag.

Jubei main here. Fuck Ukyo and his Tsubame Gaeshi, Jubei's DP is the shit

I wish i didnt drop so many backdash TGs

Kyoshiro though
It's sadly no clown world in Samsho

Attached: D-oaZTqU0AY44p9.jpg large.jpg (1422x658, 127K)

Him being nerfed so hard is weird, not exactly sure what they were so worried about. Even with characters like Nakoruru being weak she is still better than she was in VSP. But he really got hit with the nerf stick

I've been surprised how popular Yoshitora has been, he seems like such a weird character with his seven specials gimmick. I felt like he would appeal to a minority of players but he seems to be one of the more popular characters.

Also interesting to see the newcomers aren't too popular. I felt like Darli was made for new players specifically, weird to see her not being so popular.

Genjuro & Yoshitora are the peanut brain picks
Yashamaru is the high IQ pick
Shiki is the waifu pick

This is use rate among the top100 ranked players, so not representative of what chars beginners pick.

>Also interesting to see the newcomers aren't too popular.
I think that makes sense. The old characters are pretty in line with how they always played, and there is a lot more info in general about them. While we're still figuring out a lot about the newer characters, it is a simple enough game but there are a lot of little things that make a huge difference in a match

>Yashamaru is the high IQ pick
You just abuse double jump and hope to punish your opponent trying to punish or anti air your jump.

At least, that's how my pea sized brain uses him.

I think its because the newcomers feel sort incomplete. Darli's design is a mess and doesn't fit the game I feel, Yasha and Wu have good designs but both play in unusual ways. I've seen a lot of Yasha people joke that they're trying to figure out the point of him being added, they're all quite weird.

>. Darli's design is a mess and doesn't fit the game I feel
Japanese players seem to be rating her pretty highly. She has a risky play style but it works pretty well, you simply don't let up on your gameplay and always attempt to control the pace of a match. Wu has to work harder than a lot of characters, but that isn't unusual for zoners in the series. Any more specials and she'd be a bit ridiculous. Yashamaru is the only one who i think would benefit from an extra move, but he is very solid as a character focused on baiting and whiff punishing

Attached: 1534185392766.jpg (984x488, 54K)

Attached: virginukyovschadtam.png (1306x556, 182K)

Jubei's better than people think, but Genjuro is just the best at doing basically anything Samsho related.

I have been maining him and I think he is solid, but buffs I would ask for if I could would be make rage empowered wintry gust safe and let me use ebony tengu feathers when disarmed since you can't combo into it and other characters can just disarm you for free because bursting means no more ex moves. I mean he puts the sword away when he uses the fucken move so haha wtf.

Attached: sami-rytkonen-yashamaru-kurama-www.jpg (1400x990, 377K)

Love the game. Just wish casual lobbies weren't broken and netcode was a little tighter. Playing Charlotte like always.

What's up with Shiki? She doesn't seem that bad. Nothing else really surprises me.

Snk apprently said they are planning to fix lobbies. They seem really set on making the game popular, they actually are fixing complaints people have. Before the game even released they fix the input lag after people complained.
Very awkward character, her moveset doesn't really meld well together. She has teleports that do no damage, the weirdest fucking command grab, and mostly just okay normals. Her only real pro is having probably the best super in the game.

Did they release sales numbers yet?

over 40k sales in Japan, which is pretty good for a fighting game.

She has an amazing super and great throw damage but you can crouch block everything she does meanwhile genjuro has an overhead that knocks down and she doesn't. He doesn't even need it. Maybe there's some tech with her teleport but yeah just block low.

Attached: Ss2card111.gif (112x152, 3K)

They haven't, though tbey did say that that multiple Japanese chains had sold out and that they received a lot of orders for more copies so it sounds like its doing good.

>Yashamaru is the high IQ pick
>spam punch

Even if Yoshitora has his gimmick, he's also pretty all purpose because of the amounts of special moves he has, and he has pretty good damage output too. The seventh sword is just a bonus on top of an already good character.

The real low IQ picks are Haohmaru, Charlotte, and Tam.
The real high IQ pick is Hanzo.
Charlotte main here.

Attached: ukyodaman.png (696x405, 445K)