8 (EIGHT) nips created the most beautiful and well animated 2d game in history in 1996

>8 (EIGHT) nips created the most beautiful and well animated 2d game in history in 1996
How is this possible and how come no one has come even close to making something as good as Metal Slug's 2d art/animation after all this time and technology advancement?

Attached: 2IBbvYv.gif (320x320, 152K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EOI-UL2V3t0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Metal Slug is simply Legendary.

METAL SLUG IS GAY POOP!

Metal Slug 8 is being made right now
it's going to look like shit

THEY MADE IT IN A CAVE... WITH A BUNCH OF SCRAPS

Because it wasn't made with technology, it was made with soul.

There is no passion for games anymore, is about profit now.

Except for Hollow Knight of course.

It's true for most of games but not only HK is made with passion faggot

People try, and even claim their pixel art/animation is "good" but virtually none of them understand what makes Metal Slug so fucking good

Attached: tumblr_ng4v3eaCuX1s5xm7ro5_1280.gif (817x537, 2.23M)

Because the games are short and reuse enemies. It also had technical issues like large amounts of slowdown and being 30 fps in an age where most 2d games were 60 fps.

Attached: 1562337936891.jpg (1280x720, 66K)

None of these are even close to be on the same level as Metal Slug

Attached: OddUnsteadyBunting-size_restricted.gif (503x250, 3.95M)

>It also had technical issues
Actually it was used as a gameplay element, same way that many bullet hell games still do even if the hardware can run it perfectly. Slow down makes it cool and more playable.

Funny how this was my favorite game at the arcade when i was 7 years old. And then I come on Yea Forums 18 years later and everyone else liked it too.

They will more likely use 3D models than sprites I'm sorry no but I can't imagine a Metal Slug using 3D models.

user please, the slowdown was fixed in further releases of the game, framerate drops are not intentional.

But my PS4 version does it?

When I played this always felt like I was playing some high def futuristic shit. This was at the time of tekken 3 and contra btw.

This place is zoomer central no one will remember these games.

What were they arguing about?

Attached: HrS9.gif (456x336, 77K)

there was a ps2 game.
It was awful.

Because traditional hand-drawn animation is time consuming (time is money) and resource intensive (the manpower needed to tween all those frames). 2D art is also a RAM hog, even today, esp. when you're doing HD art.

Which one is the best?

>companies back then only hired the most talented to create cool shit
>companies today will hire literal lazy faggots to make mediocre vicarious parodies of themselves
it is a mystery why we get something like cuphead only after the devs remortgage their homes

Attached: C678E991-49A5-46DC-BEAD-2E6D159F332B.jpg (640x804, 131K)

>Because traditional hand-drawn animation is time consuming (time is money) and resource intensive (the manpower needed to tween all those frames).
Here are the credits for the first Metal Slug:
>youtube.com/watch?v=EOI-UL2V3t0
LITERALLY 8 people. How is that expansive?

3 is my favorite but most people will say 2. Honestly 1-3 are all excellent.

X was what I had growing up. 1 2 and 3 are amazing. 5 really stood out despite being all over the place. Don't remember the rest

its a jew haggling with the durka over his camel insurance rate