BallisticN/v/ Race Day

What's poppin my anti-grav nerds. I said I'd put up a thread when the time comes to race, so here it is.
I'll post info in a sec about getting the custom racetracks and wipeout soundtracks in the game, and then we'll post lobby info. Of course, if we end up with more than 8 racers, we can create multiple lobbies. Hoping for a good night of single races + tournies, be sure to get the .webms made to show off your rice skills.
For those not aware, the game we're playing is BallisticNG, which is a near-perfect clone of WipEout, with a track editor, fully fledged official campaign (+ custom campaign support) and full workshop integration.

store.steampowered.com/app/473770/BallisticNG/

It's £4 at the moment so you've got no real excuse not to join us if you're at all interested in anti-grav racing games.

Attached: 1st annualraceforlife.png (1278x710, 981K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/22sgvvf76dk4m/Tracks
mega.nz/#!iihSGILK!DTzNSfY8LZdJRiCMgXQr0IT0uJhsmrxOr9ijmitBqZI
wetransfer.com/downloads/6cbd0d5ffc9997cd44e71d277ba0a42220190706020329/0208c2
youtube.com/watch?v=fZMe_CP0Jl0
youtube.com/watch?v=MRI5ukXyEqY
youtube.com/watch?v=lzdjXkz5B3c
youtube.com/watch?v=1hQ58AHbf8w
pastebin.com/dXQ5j3kb
youtube.com/watch?v=fNgj0-wIyQQ&lc=
youtube.com/watch?v=lVD79Jlo47o
youtube.com/watch?v=xnFGlHC8yic
soundcloud.com/shiftdelete/tranceblaster
soundcloud.com/shiftdelete/dissolver
soundcloud.com/shiftdelete/slowdown
soundcloud.com/vonsnake/vega-bay
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

GET THE FUCK IN HERE

Attached: FINLAND FAST.png (640x400, 161K)

There's a free DLC releasing at the end of the month (Neon Nights), so no need to worry about the READ THIS part just yet, however we're hoping that these race events become semi-regular as fans of the game, so this is just a pastebin another kind user has created and that part will be more relevant when the DLC drops.

READ THIS:
When the neon nights update hits quite a few of the tracks will not work, the mediafire link below is from the official discord and they will be updating it, so if there are issues PLEASE only post bug issues from the OFFICIAL trackpack

In terms of map packs, the devs have the Official Pack which is linked below, however this does contain some WIP courses. A collection of the very best tracks has been created (the Yea Forums pack). Feel free to download whichever one you want, but at least one pack will be required to play online with us.

Official Pack link:
mediafire.com/folder/22sgvvf76dk4m/Tracks
Yea Forums pack link:
mega.nz/#!iihSGILK!DTzNSfY8LZdJRiCMgXQr0IT0uJhsmrxOr9ijmitBqZI

Installation guide:
-Close game
-Uninstall workshop tracks
-Download
-Unzip
-Go to \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\BallisticNG\UserData\MyTracks
-Place each folder into the my tracks folder

Updating guide:
-Close game
-Uninstall workshop tracks
-Download
-Unzip
-Go to \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\BallisticNG\UserData\MyTracks
-Delete all
-Add new files
-Go to \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\BallisticNG\UserData\Custom Track Caches
-Delete all
-load game

Another very kind fella has compiled all the Wipeout series OSTs to grab from the below link.

Wipeout soundtrack:
wetransfer.com/downloads/6cbd0d5ffc9997cd44e71d277ba0a42220190706020329/0208c2

Installation Guide:
-Download
-Go to \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\BallisticNG\UserData\Custom Music
-Place MP3's into the folder
-Enable custom music in game

Attached: chute.png (900x506, 742K)

youtube.com/watch?v=fZMe_CP0Jl0 some footage of a corkin downhill race that happened last night.

Attached: Hype.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

youtube.com/watch?v=MRI5ukXyEqY just a bit of footage from the zen mode, survival.

Attached: zen my ass.jpg (1920x963, 573K)

Is this game gud on VR?

Phew I thought I'd miss it
Played a bunch today and extremely keen to race with the crew

Don't have VR myself so can't say. It looks like a great game to play in VR as your character isn't moving (same as Elite Dangerous).

youtube.com/watch?v=lzdjXkz5B3c

Nice user. How are you finding the campaign? It's so much more than I was expecting for such a cheap game. I just managed to platinum the aciknovae trial today

Attached: hyperlad.jpg (1920x1080, 430K)

Also for anyone who's worried that they'll be no good - I am terrible, as can be confirmed by anyone I've raced with before. We've always had a really nice range of skills so that everyone has a competitive race.

Attached: low ri da.jpg (1920x1080, 383K)

I've only platinum'd the first two parts of the campaign and then some odd races here and there throughout the rest, it's absolutely nails man. Such an unforgiving game. Great fun though, starting to slowly memorise the tracks and realise where I'm going wrong is a reaaaal good feeling

Yeah for sure. When the muscle memory takes over the general turn control so you can focus on the pitching/afterburning is really great.
It's also super fun just to go back and shave multiple seconds off of your original times that you set way back when you just started.
For those wanting to race, we're just waiting on an alternative host (I have food but will be around to host in about 30 mins), but he's restarting his router so shouldn't be too long.

Attached: SPEED.jpg (680x382, 32K)

Ready to go!

youtube.com/watch?v=1hQ58AHbf8w

Attached: PLAY.png (640x400, 127K)

All the info's available user, we're just enjoying a game with a small community and trying to help it grow.
Do you enjoy any racing games?

What are people's thoughts on the "modern" Wipeout physics mode? 2280 or whatever it's called

Attached: 20190706175048_1.jpg (1600x900, 125K)

GET THE FUCK IN HERE BROS

Attached: bnv.png (640x400, 53K)

So I actually got into the series with HD Fury, so initially the controls seemed super floaty to me in BNG until I got used to them. Now 2280 controls feel hyper responsive, and with the tracks being built around OG wipeout physics it plays really weirdly.
I've not played any of the 2280 custom tracks, but it seems really intense.

Attached: lanebird.jpg (1920x1080, 968K)

I will once I've finished caching all these tracks

Oh also make sure you have the Yea Forumspack, it's different than the previous mega

Attached: hyperion.png (640x400, 12K)

Have a bump

Would this game be fun for someone who's never played wipeout before and has only heard of ballisticNG because of the soundtrack?

Cute picture
I'll join once I've had some food

oh shit we startin

pastebin.com/dXQ5j3kb

I'm good with just the Yea Forums pack for now, right?

Do you like racers with a steep but satisfying learning curve and a sense of weight? If yes then absolutely

If the videos look fun to you then yeah. I haven't played wipeout before and I love the game.

yeah, make sure it's the one updated within the last 12 hours or so

Yeah, go for it. I'm just making some food and I'll come join, and I'm completely new. All skill levels are good.

alright Yea Forums, i just bought this game and its installing now
what should i expect?

fast
pingponging into walls
way too much fun

Slamming into walls a lot, then something like this once you git gud except with missiles flying everywhere

Attached: bng - singadome.webm (480x360, 2.86M)

Constant ricocheting off walls at high speed to good music

for me, it's g-tek

Attached: 1200px-Render_Gtek_Default.png (1200x900, 131K)

just tried my first practice run
first impression is that this game feels like a floatier xtreme g3

Are there any custom vehicles or anything I need to download, or are they in the packs?

Downloading the Yea Forums pack right now, gonna be about 20 minutes.

nah just tracks

Based

OK guys I'm back and in lobby, we have 2 more spaces but if we fill up I'll split off and host a 2nd. At the moment the lobbies are limited to 8 racers, however the end of July DLC is going to expand that out to 16.

Attached: skill.jpg (704x396, 31K)

>You have to purchase this game
>you already own this game

Attached: 1562232590763.jpg (1249x1080, 399K)

someone post that steam dl link from yesterday?

If you played it while it was free, you should have it available either in your library or doing that weird way to remind steam that you own the game as said.

PSA, IF YOU GET KICKED ITS BECAUSE THE LOOBY WAS FULL
THERE WILL BE TWO LOBBIES

For me, it's crushing speed laps in my Gtek so every time someone ranks almost as high as me they have to see they were slower than a Gtek.

Great races ongoing at the moment guys with a full lobby, keep on coming and we'll get a 2nd lobby going.

Is it just me or do other players seem really laggy in MP?

ABSOLUTELY INSANE

Attached: Snipe.webm (800x450, 2.86M)

Host is US so if youre EU they might be, though I am EU also and I'm not seeing any lag.

unbased and bluepilled

seething

FIRST LOBBY FULL

JOIN THIS ONE NOW

the b in model b stands for brown because I am shitting myself the entire time

>double damage zen tournament with 5 maps ending in nova split of all places
haha fuck my life

I'm not good at this game, nor have I played wipeout in over a decade. May I still join?

Absolutely. Join lobby 2, more than happy to have you.

GET IN HERE

Attached: Tofu delivery.webm (800x450, 2.84M)

Yes, join

Aight, thanks. Gonna download all the map packs first. Shouldn't take too long.

where are you hosting from?

I'm trash and I'm still having fun

UK here. Have hosted with US players without much of a problem.

Carpenter Brut and racing against Yea Forumsros sounds pretty fucking comfy.

The great thing about racing games is that you're not trying to be #1, you're just trying to beat the closest player to you.

Get the fuck in then brother

bump

How many people are in the second lobby?

AHEM...
FUCK OMNICOM

Attached: 799px-Render_Hyperion_Default.png (799x599, 95K)

Attached: 1562170589539.webm (800x450, 2.86M)

5 at the moment.

Oh fuck nice things are getting lively

nice one

Attached: 1283333860232.jpg (700x525, 29K)

Attached: Barracuda S.webm (800x450, 2.89M)

Anyone know where to get the wipeout 3 tracks? I've seen people playing them but the only information I can find is "no i'm too scared to share tracks, it's illegal and i'm a fag"

Check the paste bin up top

Check here

Oh thanks I didn't know those were in the Yea Forums pack

>shitty wipeout clone
>with no skill and bouncy walls
>boosts fucking EVERYWHERE
Yikes

get in here 5/8

better than the f-zero clone redout and the other shitty wipeout cones

>almost 1:1 wipeout clone, you can tell by actually importing the wipeout ships and seeing how they handle
>complains about no skill despite the fact that the last two speed classes are faster than anything in wipeout and then complains that hitting walls is more punishing
>literally what are you talking about, Wipeout 3, the game this is based on, also has boosts fucking everywhere, literally the whole point is to constantly be boosting

Thanks guys. I haven't played a racing game since Split/second but this is pretty good. Seems like a difficult learn, though.

ah the old "controversial shitpost to provoke responses" bump strategy

Play the first speed class until you figure out how airbrakes work.

Hyberiön on paras :DDD

t. winland

fags

>1:1 wipeout clone
>of the shittest wipeout
>claims that hitting the wall is punishing yet fags just bounce off them instead of coming to a complete stop
I'll make my own, far superior wipeout game and steal this shitty games playerbase, having straight lines everywhere and little actual track design aint that good either, especially for muh fast

Attached: Fast.webm (1280x722, 2.92M)

>the wipeout with the best physics, most technical tracks, best ships and best music is the worst
2097 fags truly are insufferable

Please do

I'm downloading the Mega pack. Are both lobbies full now? I'll be in game in two minutes.

Lobby 2 still has slots!

Just downloaded it, it's missing two wipeout tracks and it seems to be someone who remade the other six despite the fact that you can just add them from the disc and put collision on them and I know someone did that. I doubt anyone here knows where to get them though.

Wipeout 3* tracks

5 in the first

Both lobbies have space

Good to see what seems like a comfy little community. Getting the wipeout games on my ps1 gon be good!

You lose about half a second from a bounce, whereas in 2097/3 you'd lose 800ms, it's extremely similar

We'll be glad to see you online!

Solid races yet again lads. Did server 2 get more people?

Attached: bng - pr002.webm (480x360, 2.48M)

aye, full house

>200 fucking tracks
Am I reading this shit right? What mod pack is this exactly?

It doesn't even work because there is no one to get provoked

A few questions

-Is 2088 recommended or vanilla?

-How do you regain health? In Wipeout you could absorb weapons for health.

-Why are the time trials so hard? Am I fucking up going into pit-in every time and burning my health on boost?

>we should be fine

Did second lobby crash?

You sure are, it's just community tracks + old tracks that the devs made but didn't include in the final game

WELP there was 9.
Restarting this server now, maybe time for server 1 to come back up too?

SOMEONE START A NEW LOBBY BEFORE I PISS MYSELF

>finally full lobby
>game crash

fug

dont worry I will

kikeout 3 is trash dawg

>its extremely similar
no it isnt, you arent supposed to bounce, your supposed to make a THUD noise and lose all speed

Vanilla, 2028 is an extra mode for fun that's why it's in the cheats menu, the multiplayer is mostly vanilla physics too.

Use the pitlanes, that's it. Besides that you do get a health item if you're really low on health (

Vanilla. 2088 is just a bonus mode.

You regain health by switching to the pit lane at the starting line like a fucking man. HD was a great game but you may as well not even have shields since they casualized it so badly by letting you absorb pickups. Worst feature in the whole series.

Time trials are hard because they're supposed to be a challenge, not just a lap you check off and then move onto the next thing. They actually want you to get good at the game. Every challenge in HD you could get gold on and still be complete shit at the game, in this you need to be good to get a good time. Make sure every lap is a perfect lap and don't hit any walls. Never let go of accelerate, airbrakes can get you out of almost every situation without hitting anything. Also the old wipeouts are more forgiving than HD when it comes to wall grinds, your lines can go up against most walls and you won't get penalized. It depends on the track whether you want to go into the pit for more boost or not, generally if the pit has you turning sharply it's a no but if it's just a lane change there's no reason not to.

That's exactly what happens in BNG. What bounce are you even talking about? Point it out in a webm because you've probs got no clue how the mechanics work

But like go do that now, away from here.

LOBBY BACK UP DONT PISS YOURSELF

Attached: diavolt.png (640x400, 188K)

no it doesnt, you literally bounce off the walls like its nothing in beamNG
>webm
literally any webm ITTshows some fag at max speed bouncing off a wall with no slowdown, not scraping the wall, not being near it, but actually bouncing off it
>muh mechanics
shit mechanics bro

ill start tomorrow

JOIN THIS, LOBBY 2 IS FULL

Not a single webm itt shows that, what you're seeing is the rapid acceleration coming off an air brake induced drift, there's no actual wall hit happening. Actually play the game retard

for colored names
Your name here

>he wants a colored name
yikes

ahem
FUCK mines

gang

Attached: 250px-Logo_Hyperion.png (250x250, 5K)

>mfw when laying down mines on the only viable line through a long tight series of chicanes

Attached: EEF9jcl.gif (425x481, 1.51M)

If I have every map on workshop downloaded will i be able to play in these lobbies?

G-gang

Attached: Team-gtek.png (1024x1024, 81K)

>mfw cannoning all of them

Attached: b7d.jpg (680x680, 32K)

IT WAS YOU

At the top theres links to the track packs

hold up you can shoot mines?

i don't want to uninstall every workshop track and then have to go install them again when i'm done

>Fire a Tremor
>Get the minesweeper cheevo
Noice

yeah, you can also plasma walls

my devilish brother

Some of the tracks arent on the workshop, but you can still play on the ones you do have and sit out while others play the tracks you dont

the pack contains most of the workshop tracks, having duplicates will make you recache them after every loading screen and it takes forever

is the user here from yesterday who said he'd upload a mega of the big ass soundpack?

check the pastebin

This better have all of Enai Saizon's tracks, all of them are god tier. Honestly wished the dev would hire him so they could be put in officially or something.

of course it does

How does Enai create so many consistently good mods? I know him from all of his Skyrim work.

Dudes a machine, seems like every week theres something new and hes constantly getting better. His track got me back into the game multiple times after I felt burnt out

The madman must just be super skilled with modding and have a lot of free time.
I will be upset if the game ever gets a switch port and his stuff isn't included in it, he deserves more attention along with the game itself.

Is there a way to delete tracks ingame? Some of the tracks included in the track pack are utter shit but their filenames aren't the same as their ingame names.

nitia descent 2 when?

I think we can all agree that Tenrai are fags

you guys would know this hopefully...
is OnRush still coming to PC?

You cant, just make a new folder and drop your favorites there thats what I did

Is that the point to point race? Honestly it's a cool idea, but it turns out it's also a bad idea. Easily his worst track.

SHIT taste

I think we can all agree Wyvern is for learned intellectuals

The idea is good, it just needs to be 5 or 6 times longer to feel like an actual touge track

It's just a boring layout, absolutely no danger of hitting anything, no technical precision required, and it's over in like 35 seconds.

>slow top speed
>weak damage
>fuck all shield
Nah if you lost to a tenrai you got out fucking skilled big time and thats a fact

you're not going fast enough then
or not using the protonic

>He isn't in the Tenrai lobby

lobbies still up boys? me and a friend would join

Second fastest speed class, Zen makes it take even less time. Don't know what the protonic is, I use wipeout ships.

Based orangebro

To who just left lobby 2, we can play official maps until it's downloaded if you rejoin us!

Lobby 2 has 3 spots left, idk about lobby 1

Bullshit, play it on zen. Good lines through the endless hairpins are really tight too

two spaces free in lobby 2

4 spots left in lobby 1

I wouldn't really call them tight enough to be hairpins in the first place honestly.

the map is specifically designed for that ship

I'll try it out. But if the map is designed for that ship, it sounds to me like that's just a badly handling ship.

__________have sex__________

Damn even BNG threads have these retards now.

nepgear

Attached: 20181214175126_1.jpg (2560x1440, 583K)

Holy shit this game is amazing.

how the fuck do i git gud at this game?
even if i try the same track over and over and over its still 50/50 if i do it cleanly

Attached: 1560514849238.jpg (384x334, 19K)

You online with us laddy?

T pose to assert dominance

im here

game is fucking amazing

lets play

but make it easy to begin with, you're making new player download all this shit manually

start with normal tracks to begin with

It's just one quick download. Takes like two minutes.

Bind pitch to something that doesnt interfere with your steering like shoulder buttons and start holding pitch up more when turning or flying in parts with elevation changes. Besides that spam air brakes as soon as you start losing control until you learn how to calmly and deliberately correct your mistakes

you gotta figure out what you're doing wrong and fix it

Poor little G-tek

Attached: 20190706145638_1.jpg (1920x1080, 209K)

its weird, i can do a perfect and really good lap, and i understand how i did it, and then next ones are complete shit, then a decent one comes up
like at those moments its entirely different person playing

Attached: 1561411864600.jpg (1201x800, 127K)

v pack link is all the offical pack links? official pack has like 8 links

sometimes that just happens man, it's part of learning

Yup

consistency comes with practice
if you can do perfect laps sometimes, that's a great start

You probably suck at recognizing and correcting mistakes then and just rely on anticipating everything. Learn how to fix that, if you dont know you can use the air brakes to slide yourself away from a wall. Like if youre about to hit a left wall you can press the left air brake while letting go of steering and it will slide you away from danger and let you correct your line. Theres a lot of little things like that which you can do, learn them

g-gang-g-gang-g-gang-g-gang

Also a more direct but difficult way to slide is called opposite braking which is steering and air braking in opposite directions at the same time (for example steering left while holding the right air brake). You can even use it on straights, but it slows you down a bit

official pack links minus one spergs tracks
took out the shit and duplicates
added new tracks

>Playing on the Discord
youtube.com/watch?v=fNgj0-wIyQQ&lc=

thanks lads, maybe there's some hope for a shitter like me

Attached: file.png (820x711, 393K)

Godspeed thanos

why thanos?

>that feeling when you dump a ton of mines and hear "contender eliminated" a few seconds later

Attached: 209e5b1648b487726049475110e97b69aab85611.jpg (700x551, 56K)

chad ship coming through

Attached: tenrai.png (250x188, 12K)

because its the only fitting reaction faces i had in my folder after the death of my old hdd

Attached: 1561547005013.jpg (409x393, 21K)

Just for the record - love the idea. Can't join today though. Are you planning on Saturdays mostly?

one of the tracks yesterday was a bloodbath with like 6 eliminations

>use quake
>hear 2 contender eliminated in a row

Attached: 1482143457206.png (972x767, 1.16M)

Two stable servers staying up for the time being guys, don't be shy, top tier racing going on across the board here.

To keep it more general, what is everyone's #1 racing game? Mine is probably Fury cos I'm a casual, but don't restrict your options to just anti-grav racers.

yep. doesn't matter where in the world you are, we have a US and UK server up atm but latency is fine wherever

more like tengay

terveisin hyperion

Great. Hopefully see you next week.

That nigger sperging out
EW

Attached: DelightfulSecretIrukandjijellyfish-size_restricted.gif (500x338, 1.9M)

it's decent except for the fact that it would explode if you sneezed on it

that's the fun part, easy 1st place til you spontaneously combust

This is about 8 levels of cringe deep

Attached: 1560390526989.png (600x448, 159K)

don't you lose way more speed from doing it than the person who is on the receiving end?

Go to the steam page and press play game. They gave the game out free on release so steams file handling is a bit wonky with it.

If you had it you still have it but it operates like a free game that was uninstalled, it disappears from your library

Attached: 1548013748410.jpg (1024x768, 84K)

Where's my Diavolt boys at

Attached: 1484734880079.jpg (929x640, 91K)

Tenrai and Nexus players are the only wisemen of this world

kicked for racing games crimes

I actually got told off there for using a reverse missile once, so I imagine being insane enough to turn the car around in the middle of a race would net you 5x that amount.

>told off there for using a reverse missile
are you serious?
Why are they such fucking spergs?
and when I say them i mean radracer

>reverse missile
isn't this normally doable anyway using the rear cam?

Wait wut? You mean just locking onto the ship behind you?

>I actually got told off there for using a reverse missile once
lol

that's what I did, which is why I was so baffled

then again someone was in front of me, and for some reason people get really fucking mad at whacky racing games

If you want to create content then yeah also I could use some fellow time trial autists because the records channel is a ghost town

Attached: bng - arrivon peak.webm (480x360, 2.74M)

how many of you play with keyboard?

*clips out of bounds through a wall*

This game released in December of last year. Why is everyone gushing over it now? What's going on?

Fill me in bros. Why is this game the hot ticket all of a sudden? I've seen multiple huge threads about it recently.

Plenty, me included. It's completely viable and even has many strengths that a gamepad does not

Attached: bng - nova split.webm (480x360, 1.58M)

I feel bad for pirating this game.
I'd pay 100$ for the game if only it was on GOG.

Sale and someone finally decided to make a Yea Forums lobby instead of just posting fav teams and letting threads die

the game is already drm-free on steam, you can launch and play it without having steam active

Why would you pirate a free game?

I've been working hard to shill it, and I've had one other guy helping

That and there's some new content coming on the 30th of july.

I don't want to install Steam at all, been boycotting them hardcore since 2003.

what are your keybinds?

Yea Forums lobbies

Tenrai CHADS where we at?

Shillbros unite.

In all seriousness, PC antigrav racers aren't hugely marketed or known about, so when a decent, available one comes along it's great to keep a community alive to play it with.

A/D - steering, W/S - pitching, left/right arrows - air brakes, lshift - afterburner, space - thrust, arrow up - shoot weapon, arrow down - look behind, g - get rid of weapon

dead

right here senpai

Attached: chad.jpg (1080x1331, 91K)

IM FUCKING JOINING BROS I DIDNT PLAY ANTI GRAV RACING GAMES SINCE YEARS BUT TODAY I WILL LEARN AND BE THE GREATEST WHAT AM I IN FOR

Attached: 1530957535016.png (500x315, 230K)

yeah, it would seem the game is designed around keyboard/dpad, you want to get the maximum turning right away, so using the analog stick makes wasted time that adds up. i still use a dualshock out of habit though.

there's a space for you in lobby 2

3 spots left

Can anyone tell me what the fuck is up with the drag races? It's uncontrollable?

Yeah Wipeout didn't have analog controls unless you owned a negcon after all and keyboard is just all around better than dpad. That said there's good players for both gamepad and keyboard so it's just a matter of preference

Yeah you sorta need to manipulate the airtime you get off of pitching backwards on turns to keep the proper speed up.

no sweetie

Attached: Drag.webm (800x450, 2.91M)

analog airbrakes?

analog steering/brakes aren't any past like apex so yeah no reason not to play with keyboard, although you could probably set up steering on the controller bumpers instead and go from there somehow I dunno

>although you could probably set up steering on the controller bumpers instead and go from there
Or use a dpad like a normal human being wtf user

Attached: 1561690480196.png (319x272, 133K)

that seems extremely uncomfortable and not much faster than analog compared to using the bumpers

>Gas Gas Gas intensifies

I actually find stick pretty useful because of the pitching you need to do, along with analogue brakes.

i also like the controller rumble

kino

Attached: BallisticNG.webm (1280x740, 2.81M)

Lobby 2 down for a few mins just to redownload and reinstall map pack Yea Forums, had some issues with compatibility.

Join lobby 1 or (better idea cos better lobby) wait for 10 mins and I'll be back up.

Pitch up and use air brakes, it's controllable enough even with hyper speed and on non drag tracks

Attached: hs drag.webm (480x360, 1.97M)

Attached: disengaging.webm (711x400, 2.91M)

this has been fun, hope it becomes a regular thing

Attached: 1560190685240.jpg (682x682, 65K)

if you downloaded the mega pack, also get radracer and slipstream archives from the mediafire link.

Hard F

I hope you don't have pitching mapped to the same stick you use to steer

>stick
>steer
what is wrong with you people

I downloaded the pirated version to see whether or not I'd like it. I like it so far and plan to buy it but I have no idea how to properly steer my vehicle. I keep hitting walls.

Is there any kind of beginner's guide to help me through?

Also, is playing on keyboard okay? I don't have a steering wheel controller.

Reminder that even if you aren't joining online to download the damn OSTs I spent fuckin ages organizing that shit and it sounds so good

youtube.com/watch?v=lVD79Jlo47o
Old but applicable

I'm tempted to do an indepth up to date tutorial video but it's a lot of work

the best player in the world uses keyboard, it's perfectly viable

you're a real hero if you play with a wheel

It's definitely viable, just do what feels best.
In terms of steering, get used to the pull of the airbrakes, try and anticipate a turn (but not too early) and learn when to pitch up if the track changes angle quickly.

joystick

A quick writeup to stick in the OP would be great. We need to add the tracks/music to it too for next week.

RIP

flight stick would actually be pretty fun.

Fuck, now you're making me wanna try that out.

may I suggest "ctrl - look behind" with "arrow down - drop weapon" so you can shoot while looking behind and it's not like you'll use afterburner while looking behind you

Thanks. The only other racing games I play are Kart games like Mario Kart and Crash Team Racing, and BNG feels completely different from those games.
Good to know. As much as I am getting into these anti-gravity games (like Redout as well), I don't know if it's worth buying a steering wheel just for these two games.

OK LOBBY 2 LOYALISTS WE'RE BACK UP
UK server, not that it really matters.

>Flightstick + VR
God I almost want to sped all that money

Attached: high_skill_ballistic_ng_gameplay.webm (711x400, 2.5M)

I used to play star wars episode 1 racer with a stick back in 99, it was hype. Can't imagine it causing any issues in BNG

I played it with wheel for a while, it's hard but holy shit it's satisfying. Feels absolutely seamless when you nail a turn

Attached: bng harpstone wheel.webm (480x360, 2.67M)

OP worthy webm

based finnish technology

magnet wall

Kinda mad my plasma didn't connect desu.

I like how I manage to sneak into all these webms

Fuck pitlane cucks

actually pretty good, but the WO64 tracks are kinda quiet

How differently does BallisticNG and Redout play and why do you think BallisticNG is better?

Attached: NXGOFAST.webm (640x360, 2.86M)

for me, it's controller, keyboard is too uncomfy

Still got space for 2 more in lobby 2, probably a similar amount of space in lobby 1.

I've never played Redout but as someone who has played probably a thousand hours of Wipeout over the series I can say that BNG plays exactly like an improved version of Wipeout 3, which was my favourite of the series. It also has a ton of mods and a very active modding community who make a lot of high quality shit. I never knew until now that my ideal game was just Wipeout 3 with a hundred tracks and custom music, but here we are. If you're fine with Redout and none of this appeals to you maybe it's not for you, but I have no idea how good Redout is.

Can't speak for Redout as I've never played it, but BNG is the closest you can get to a WipEout game on PC (from what I've heard)

this looks almost as smooth as AI

i swear i didn't touch her officer

THREE TREMOR DODGES IN ONE MATCH

Wipeout 1 and 2 are both on PC but even as someone who's been a fan of the series since the first game on PS1 I don't think 1 or 2097 really hold up

How do you dodge tremor?

Very differently. BNG is better because there's just more to the mechanics and tracks, the game has more grip by default but also stronger more immediate slides (which are more of a side effect of air braking than a main mechanic), air brakes are very versatile, pitching is important and constantly in use not just at key parts of the track, everything feels more dynamic and interactive. And the tracks are tight, very varied both in terms of turns and elevation and technical. Redout's very flat.

redout has a completely different appeal, both mechanically and aesthetically, some of the later space tracks have cool long jumps where you have to 3d maneuver with no track. i'd say bng is more consistently interesting, but obviously it's just a refinement of decades old ideas, whereas redout occasional has a spark of something new

1 really doesn't but I still think 2097 is a lot of fun once you get past the shitty framerate and crushing difficulty.

Nice. I'm really not starting shit or anything. I just wanted to know why each fanbase preferred their particular game. I'm gonna wait to see what the Redout fans have to say about their game if a Redout thread pops up, because I want one anti-gravity racing game to play and get good at. Never played any Wipeout games before, so I don't have any experience with those games sadly. Thanks for the input.

What the fuck is pitching?

be in mid air

I don't mind 2097 and I definitely think it's fun but I don't really get why it's the fan favourite when 3 has better and more refined physics, more technical tracks, more visually interesting tracks, and in my opinion it's where they finally really nailed the Designer's Republic / Warp Records aesthetic.

pitching the nose of the ship either up or down
you move fastest by being parallel to the track, so if you're coming up on a hill, pitch your nose up before it so you'll go up faster

Whenever you crash into the track itself it's because you should have been holding back on the stick, it controls your up / down axis

Pitching up is used for jumping higher and making soft landings, pitching down is used to land quicker from a jump (staying in the air too long slows you down) and preventing undesirable jumps. Both have an affect on how wall collision works, pitching up is particularly useful because it makes you more likely to grind along a wall rather than bump it.

Attached: Yaw_Axis_Corrected.svg.png (1280x962, 76K)

Any advice to get good at classic Wipeout?

Attached: img6f73fb05zik4zj.jpg (374x224, 16K)

>which is a near-perfect clone of WipEout
Fucking trash
F zero>wipeout trash

Pretty much anything that applies to BNG will also apply to classic wipeout. What are you having trouble with specifically? My best advice is to play each speed class until you can perfect lap every track without letting go of the accelerator, and then move up to the next one.

F zero is nice because it gives the illusion of being able to race very fast even though the tracks themselves are braindead simple. I much prefer Wipeout because it's very momentum based and the tracks are... actually race tracks.

Play Wipeout XL because the progression and specific ordering of tracks will train you, and the physics are pristine

tremor is for homosexuals

mines are for heterosexuals

>spend all my shield to boost and catch up to someone just so I can tremor them
:)

Also I can't remember if it was in 1 or 2 because I haven't played them in so long but that blue shell shit BNG added is absolute cancer.

I agree that 3 is better, I do wish that we'd gotten the Special Edition in the US though.

Tremor would be fine if you could only get it while in the back few places in the pack, that way when you get hit you at least know everyone behind you is just as fucked as you are.

can the host manually toggle weapons?

all this fucking caching

It's the saddest thing about the series, the biggest fuck you is that you can emulate the SE but it will still be in 24 fps or whatever godawful framerate those crazy Euros used to play at.

I can't believe this game is only £4

I'm playing with a DS3 and steering + pitching is hell
But I just found out how to fix this. I'll try this, thanks

gottem

Attached: 12923665614532_400x400.jpg (400x400, 26K)

iktf
My fucking 2s lead

Attached: 1532273182335.jpg (749x537, 40K)

Was the game dev here advertising this in the Steam sale threads?

>What are you having trouble with specifically?
Mostly just clearing a turn without clipping the wall.

I shill 4 free & out of love but a deposit from the dev would be nice

It'd be cool if we could play zones online, last survivor wins

What speed class? You should be able to hit every turn on the first class without even touching the airbrakes.

I was just curious if the dev was actually here taking feedback.

youtube.com/watch?v=xnFGlHC8yic

Even if he was I don't even mind. I last played this when it was still shit and completely forgot about it until someone posted a thread and now it's my GOTY.

Tell me about it, the amount of content is mad and (from tonight at least) the community is based.

Current lobby?

We got so close to that in HD but they fucked it up so badly by only letting it go up to zone 30, whoever reaches it first just wins and then get fucked you're not allowed to play after that.

Lobby 2, 81.106.142.97 port 25565

Attached: mario_kart.webm (711x400, 2.71M)

Actually now that I think about it the multiplayer in HD was complete shit anyway, you can't even race against AI.

that's not in multiplayer

this cracks me up no matter how many times i watch it
Just that swooce right in at the end
holy fuck

Attached: RVm1KmLe_400x400.jpg (317x317, 15K)

AI can't use it in single player either

I haven't actually looked at the default ships in so long but they actually did a pretty good job of nailing the shapes even if the textures (especially cockpits) look a little cheesy and off-brand.

Attached: 1551917868683.png (265x325, 162K)

Which ship is closest to AG Systems?

you thought

The uuuuuuh one after wyvern I think? It's got the v body design.

superior finnish engineering

LOBBY IS STILL UP, JOIN UP WHILE IT'S HERE

Never mind I think it actually IS the wyvern.

RIP Vagrant. Couldn't even finish lap 3 in peace.

wyvern is close to WO3 pirhana, I'd say tenrai is closest to AG sys

If any devs are in this thread can you PLEASE add the ability to choose laps in tournaments, even HD has this.

>Shem - In Saturns Rings (BnG Edit)

Give me everything you think a new player should know
So far I have
>Start boost
>Pitching
>Weapons
>Airbraking
>Ship stats

As a Wipe fan and played a loved Redout overall, objectively, Redout has issues.
BNG win by default because it's perfected Wipeout. Redout is it's own thing but isn't executed well:
>AI racers practically don't matter
>The "weapons" are shit and don't matter, the turbo is what you'll want anyway
>The passive techs don't matter, the grip one is mandatory
>Good handling but the grip is too low
>hitting walls isn't punished hard enough

It plays like a rally game, but it's faster than most Wipeout games so you spend most of the time sliding sideways anticipating every turns, this is completely antifun, especially when going through the trouble of playing clean is barely rewarded since hitting walls barely makes you lose speed.
I still loved the game but only because if you use the ship with the most grip + the grip upgrade, the handling actually make sense, you still need to anticipate, drift and transfer thrust except not annoyingly long for every single little corners

At least it's still way better than FZero/10. You get incredible looking tracks and good music, and it's fast without being Wipeout tier hard, but I still wouldn't call it a good game when there's imo only one way to play it and there's otherwise no depth, while BNG will last you 30 years with it's 2 gameplay models and 200+ tracks as of today.

Attached: 1544910938676.png (283x486, 64K)

Isn't tenrai fast as fuck with no shields? I remember AG systems being very middle of the road.

>This song comes on
>Suddenly start driving faster

Attached: so_good.png (659x609, 66K)

>devs
>s

Apart from wallriding you pretty much have all the fundamentals. From here it's just practice.

I always put it on when it's time to get real

Reposting because it was in the thread earlier

Attached: bnv2.png (634x396, 105K)

why do people hate gtek

Because it's just Feisar which means it's for casuals, except the difference is Feisar is still a good ship once you're a pro.

because there is nothing worse than losing to the slowest ship in the game

>tesla_autopilot.webm

>£4
>Absolutely BTFO the original games
Fuck SNOY.

You can hit ships behind you with missiles if you look back and let them lock on. Cannon shoots down mines. If youre near a pitlane and have autopilot, steering in the pitlanes direction will let you take it instead of following the main path. Spending all your health on boosting is a waste because it stops speeding you up after you use about 40% of your hp. That's more or less it, the rest is just applying all of this knowledge correctly and combining it

It should be lightning fast

i mean let's be fair this game wouldn't exist at all if not for wipeout

It wouldn't exist if not for the originals, I wouldn't even say it has them BTFO, it's a refinement for sure. Plus Wipeout 3 still has a better aesthetic, it's not like it's not worth going back to.

some guy keeps posting gigachad saying for me its gtek

>£4
>free online
>over 200 tracks
>new modes via free updates
>uncapped framerate
>options for both classic and modern physics

Attached: 1552180648026.jpg (200x253, 8K)

>Spending all your health on boosting is a waste because it stops speeding you up after you use about 40% of your hp
Is my whole life a lie? Is every time trial covert easy mode and I just didn't notice?
Why would it be like that?

It's still a little "lightweight toy"-ish in physics where you just zoom and bounce off of walls. It's way faster than the originals for sure, but don't discount them for slower speed and heavier physics.

even on first startup? i just reinstalled today. everything got set up, im just waiting for the race to be over.

Also plasma can shoot down force walls, which is pretty much worthless since it takes so long to fire anyway.

Is the campaign as hard as the omega collection?
Some of those time trials are real bitches.

I still love the PS1/PSP/Vita games and I in fact still play them regularly yeah, but I can't go back to HD and Omega, the FOV is too damn low and BNG's modern controls are somehow even better than both.

it ramps up more quickly. I didn't find any of the omega campaigns difficult until over halfway through

Haven't tried omega, but I can say that the platinum time trials on BNG are ridiculous.

STILL GOT 2 SLOTS IN BRITBONG LOBBY
JOIN UP BEFORE I RUN OUT OF BEER.

Can't relate, I think HD does what it's trying to do far better than BNG does HD. I definitely think that aside from the art BNG is an overall better product than the PS1 games, and Wipeout 3 only narrowly beats it aesthetically.

>perfect lap time trial making full use of overboost
>still not enough for Plat
AAAAAAAH

is this game OK for me even if i'm a disgusting casual?
i like trackmania and i got good at like, one track in f-zero gx.
i am attracted by the involved custom content community scene

I could imagine playing with a HOTAS setup

I got gold on every Omega challenge first try, thought it was so easy as to be a waste of my time. BNG is rawdogging me on time trials.

It wont automatically make you win but yeah, the game wants you to boost in bursts instead of all at once.

Oh yeah another thing thats not very relevant for racing but is vital for getting good times - antiskip is affected by your speed. The faster youre going the more lenient it is, so boosting at key points lets you skip parts that youd otherwise get penalized for. Its very risky though, you really need to know your shit to do it during a race.

I've never played one of these games before and I got the hang of it quick, but maybe that's just my finnish blood

get in
the only experience i have with anti grav was playing wipeout for ten minutes and im still having fun online
you will learn the maps and the driving quickly

crutch ship with bad speed and decent handling

it used to have good acceleration too but they kneecapped it when they nerfed all the ships in 1.0

now it's used as a flex that they beat someone with a bad ship, hence, G-TEK FLEX GANG.

It's really nothing like F-Zero. But yeah the first speed class is easy enough that even if you don't end up wanting to get good at the game you'll have a fun time.

post em

Attached: 20190323195554_1.jpg (1920x1080, 188K)

I use it because these custom maps in lobbies are fucking crazy so at least I can somewhat keep on the track with my g-gang

>the game wants you to boost in bursts instead of all at once.
Oh that's what you meant. Guess my life is not a lie. I thought you meant boost just completely stopped working after 60% health which made me question if I had been the subject of the greatest placebo effect of all time.

Yeah it has a lot of speed classes and modes that anyone can have fun. Its not that much harder than a kart racer on the lowest speed class + agile ship

Most of the tracks we play are unpracticed/first time since there are so many to choose from, and you can still have fun playing casually. You don't need to memorise every corner perfectly to have a good time, a lot of us tonight were new.

Attached: ballisticNG.png (982x602, 394K)

Probably the pervitin.

you really got in early with the neon nights dlc huh

I dunno, it just appeared there without any input from my side. I don't actually have it yet.

im stuck in place

based

Everyone has it, you just can't install it until it's released. It's because it's free.

Which servers are still up?

Oh you were joking about the unix time.
Me am dumb dumb.

~16 hours in, my first AG
skipped over the bullshit survivals for now and currently stuck on the double damage tournament, scared to even look what's next

Attached: g-gang.png (673x624, 42K)

what's the optimal way to take ramps? how do you do the special technique to exchange armor for speed?

Attached: 1551917929009.jpg (800x552, 85K)

Pitch up as you land and do it early since its slow. Its something you have to feel more than understand logically though. Use the afterburner button that you should have set up

>the bullshit survivals

Mother fucker those are the best way to get good at the game. You should be blessed to even have that feature, the originals didn't.

thanks for the answers, i'll pull the trigger

We'll be playing on saturday evenings GMT, so feel free to drop by whenever. Check out the Yea Forums track pack and the wipeout OSTs here too

Exactly this. Even the Yea Forums pack has almost 300 tracks so there's no way that we can know them all. Just join up and have fun!

Have fun! If you're not playing online I wouldn't recommend the Yea Forums pack because there's some serious garbage in there but I can recommend all of shroom's and Enai's tracks.

I was doing terribly to begin with but did the host suddenly drop?

>how do you do the special technique to exchange armor for speed?
Hold the afterburner button.

Attached: ballisticNG_cockpit1.webm (889x500, 2.74M)

>Use the afterburner button that you should have set up
explain

rainbow road is top tier, watchu talkin bout

I think he just means that you should have bound to a key? Maybe it's not bound by default? I just use a PS4 controller and it defaults to R1 like the old games.

Britbong is still up, come join if you wanna race.

WHICH LOBBY NIGGERS?

>70 zones
"No."

Literally just go into the control options menu and set your afterburner button up, then press it mid race to trade hp for boost

Space for a few more

If you can get to 50 in HD, which you should be able to with a reasonable amount of skill, you can EASILY get to 70 in this since you take way less damage in this one.

>tfw doing all the time trials without afterburner

I too can install GameShark for PC.

Timing out when attempting to join.

I said it's my first AG

get in nerd

And I'm saying the survivals are the best way to get better, they're not bullshit at all. Keep trying.

thanks very much, i'll take a look for sure and maybe pop round for the Yea Forums-meetups sometime to stroke all your egos by driving terribly

Hmm, weird one. Lemme restart the server and see if that helps.

the 70 zone one is on an easy track and is only on expert mode, which is more of an NG plus because you really should play it on normal first if you're going in blind

You just need to get in the zone
youtube.com/watch?v=MRI5ukXyEqY

"network error: wrong operation" and then I just time out while attempting to connect.

Any solutions? Pretty annoying.

host took the lobby down for a minute, thats why you're getting that error.

Yeah lobby is up now with people connecting so try and join again. If you can't get in now, I can't help really.

Must be something wrong with our connection to each other - it had worked fine with a USA based host when I first played a few days ago.

Dunno.

that track seems much easier though

Ah, lame. Maybe next time when the US host is around.

Best and only good song.

What's airbraking?

soundcloud.com/shiftdelete/tranceblaster

no

we need to collect some custom songs at some point for a new playlist. I've heard all the official wipeout OSTs so many times by now

Ok I know anons are saying jump right into mp but I think you should check the tutorial at least

just look for liquid dnb

jesus kickflipping christ, i just realized that if you dont finish the race in time, you risk not being able to participate in the next one. the lobby moves on without you, and your stuck in the next map's starting point.

Oh so that's why I got dropped a while ago, except it just dropped me to the menu

Is that true? That's fucked. Surely a bug, will tell it to the devs.

make a bug report

That's weird it should have dnf'd you

see, the thing is that i qualified before the timer was up, but i still got stuck

I'll make sure to tell the devs about it

sounds like extreme lag to me

>It's the saddest thing about the series
I don't know about that considering Sony fucking killed Psygnosis and we will never ever get a new game

Might actually hit bump limit soon. Will anyone be around midweek for some more multi? I don't want to wait another full week.

Yeah I'm up for it around the usual time maybe a bit earlier

Probably wont have next Saturday off, but I'll try to catch the opportunity again during the coming week.

What's a custom ship pack that's allowed in the campaign?
I just want reskins really

None are, if you want to use custom ships you have to play custom campaigns, or custom races

Yeah I'm sure I'll have time to play/host some time during the week, after work GMT time.

OG lobbies are shut down now guys cos I'm tired as heck, but thanks to all who came along. Had some great races, hope we can keep this thing going. See you next week/weekend!

Attached: noot noot.jpg (1080x1080, 339K)

Man, it's been a while since I played BNG. Glad to see these threads that've been popping up for it lately.

Attached: 1560023610304.gif (480x360, 266K)

no problem, thanks for setting it up

Anything I should add or change? This is all about ship control

Attached: BnGuide.png (720x1200, 218K)

if you plan on making more please do one that gives a rundown on stats and the different ships

Looks good, should add that pitching's used to make landings softer, and maybe add that it's only very steep slopes that they should be worrying about so they don't get the idea that you manually have to adjust your angle all the time like I did when I was new

I mean, the game basically lays it out for a few of the ships if you bother to read. Acceleration = how long it takes to reach top speed, Top Speed = how fast it can ultimately go, Handling = turning capability, Shielding = how much damage it can take and Firepower = how much damage it deals with weapons. This isn't really complicated stuff, and just because one ship has worse handling doesn't mean it may not suit your fancy.

yup, there will be one for the non-custom ships and one for weapons/pickups

Was fun, hopefully there's more little events like this.

the best way to pad up a game with more songs without changing the feel is to nab more songs from the same artists who have their music already in.

soundcloud.com/shiftdelete/dissolver
soundcloud.com/shiftdelete/slowdown
soundcloud.com/vonsnake/vega-bay

Here's an updated version of the guide posted above
Subject to change

Attached: BnGuide.png (720x1500, 295K)

Covers all the basics well

Attached: 1494876361269.png (478x512, 212K)

modding is good

Attached: duck en gee.jpg (1920x1014, 256K)

change ship to superior finnish technology

The model B expert platinum and the King Of Snake achievement were big road blocks but I did it and it was fun.

Attached: all of em.png (306x204, 53K)

sorta

Both are Japanese lightweight ships with more acceleration than speed and with good handling

ag-sys isn't as squishy as tenrai but still doesn't have the best shielding

Attached: for comparison.png (600x572, 87K)

The thread actually boosted the playercount a lot (more than usual).

Attached: big spike.png (972x561, 64K)

>tfw we literally do it for free