Hourly BOTW thread. Lets discuss the shit we've been talking about for the past two years

Hourly BOTW thread. Lets discuss the shit we've been talking about for the past two years.

Attached: GokuGameFace.jpg (310x163, 11K)

Just defeated Vah Naboris, AMA

BotW unironically has too much story.
All the memory cutscenes and divine beast dialogue should have been cut.

I've legitimately never seen gameplay or discussion of what actually happens in this game.

Forgettable piece of shit.

aight, lets discus

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2’ Is Inspiring The ‘Breath Of The Wild 2’ Team.png (640x155, 23K)

And yet you're still here, making threads about it.

Yea Forums was retarded, the game doesn't actually suck. I'm around 100~ hours in nearing FC.
t. didn't play it

I like Zora women

I didn't make the thread about this forgettable trainwreck though.

Who else got chills watching botw 2 at E3?
My hands starting shaking and was skipping breaths

This can only be a bad thing.

in BoTW2 i hope the time gap is big enough that Link was able to improve his home and make it more lived in/cozier for maybe himself and Zelda.

Its a certifiable fact that everyone on Yea Forums has made at least 2 BOTW threads over the course of their lifetime.

>only cutscene left is old man telling you to kill ganon

Yeah that sounds great.

it means the japs need to get actually

Attached: 1561734746774.jpg (1024x576, 27K)

Less story is better than bad story.

>You'll never be completely lost again.
>You'll never have to improvise a situation that you don't have the proper tools for again.
>You won't have to make do with crummy weapons because you don't know where the good ones are yet.
>You've already been on that mountain.
>There are no more incomplete shrines.
>You have too much money.
>That Gerudo cutie will never love you.

>Gerudo cutie
>not Jules
shit taste mate

would you riju

The way the helmet falls off her face is cute but Urbosa is better

>wake up to some chick screaming your name
>you're in your undies
>put some pants on and the game teaches you that you can climb most anything
>old man tells you to climb tower to unlock parts of the map
>old man has sick pariglider that you need to get off the starting plateau
>old man won't give it to you untill you unlock 4 shrines
>4 shrines require you to climb, fight enemies, and bundle up in warm clothes to reach
>4 shrines tech you about runes that let you freeze shit, lift stuff with a giant magnet, and stop time on objects
>old man then explains beating 4 shrines let's you get more health and stamina
>old man reveals himself as the dead king of hyrupe and tells you you're a fallen hero who must save the princess
>tells you to seek out a girl named impa

Finally got all the shrines. But I think there are a couple more I haven't found because I'm missing a heart and I've got 0 spirit balls left.

Except they're optional so you don't have to get it.

I wish I had a PS4 but I'd never get around to play it. I've barely even touched Dark Souls on Switch and I was really excited about playing that one.

I realized it was Zelda from the second screenshot of the machine. I was all like, NO WAY!

I just popped in Master Quest and turned off the HUD

Attached: FB017BF7-AB05-4D43-ABB8-4B702B739558.gif (338x208, 917K)

One is a little girl. I'd feel like I'd break her.
Urbosa is more fun to romp around with and you don't have to be so gentle.

Same bro. I legit screamed. Didn't even imagine we'd hear anything about botw so soon I figured it was dlc but when they said it was a sequel I lost my shit

>impa is old and useless but tells you about 4 giant stone animals that you must gain control of to beat calamity ganon
>ganon is being "sealed" by zelda, the princes
>also there's some stuff about recuperating memories by visiting old areas
>you go te beat each stone animal and meet different races of people
>each stone animal makes use of the runes you were given in the shrines
>the stone animals are all controlled by a similar boss that has one or two gimmicks requiring the use of runes
>each boss you defeat gives you a power based off of the original "champion" who controlled the stone animal before ganon attacked
>after that you go to face ganon
>he has all the gimmicks in one
>kill ganon
>zelda dosent hug you

I just really like games of this nature. BOTW and MGS V PP are both good examples of how to do open worlds properly. They are quite big but have stuff to do in most locations and ontop of the richness of the world itself your character has a lot of special abilities that you upgrade and those abilities give ways to go about things that you can get better and better with and then do more challenging things with the environments and your abilities like this webm or like things with the cardboard box or blow up dolls in Phantom Pains

Attached: 81293821932135.webm (960x540, 2.86M)

>Just defeated Vah Naboris, AMA
Is it normal to get fucked up by Naboris' lightning because Riju keeps making stupidly sharp corners with her sand seal that you can't keep up with?

But you can look forward to all of that again in BotW2 :D

How do you get lost? Just press minus and load the map.

*Yea Forums was contrarian

I had difficulty staying in her area. She's supposed to follow you.

Wandered into an area without activating the tower first

120 shrines. You have to choose between a 3 stamina rings or full hearts

Why would you wander into an area without first activating its' tower? Make a beeline for the tower and mark any shrines you see on the way so you can come back to them later. At least, that's what I did.

Reminder that your first playthrough must be played without a guide, I'm having a blast right now

MGSV's open world was shit. There was nothing to do.

>that one shrine that wants you to keep five torches lit at once by rotating a cube in 3D space
help

You can freeze the water spouts with stasis

>don't have the stamina to climb far enough
>tower is surrounded by Guardians you can't kill
>tower is too cold, but surrounding area is warm enough to explore

I mean you can problem-solve each of those things pretty easily, but a new player is going to experience a shortage of materials or knowledge of how to get around some of those obstacles. If you're advanced enough to know how to solve these right off the bat, then you probably won't be getting lost in the first place.

HOLODRUM, LINK, HOLODRUM.

ONE LAST JOB. ONE LAST DUNGEON CRAWL.
ALL WE NEED TO DO IS GO BENEATH THE CASTLE AND FIND A CORPSE. THE SHIEKAH WILL PAY A FORTUNE.
WE TAKE THE RUPEES AND REBUILD SOMEWHERE NEW.
HYRULE IS A MESS.
WE NEED TO START AGAIN.
WE’LL BE FREE OF POLITICS.
FREE TO CHASE OUR OWN DESTINY.
IT HURTS ME LINK. IT HURTS ME TO SEE YOU WITH SUCH SILENCE AND DOUBT CLOUDING YOUR VISION.
BENEATH THE CASTLE, LINK.
THAT’S WHERE FREEDOM LIES.
ALL I ASK IS A LITTLE FAITH.

Attached: 939B30F3-CD7E-4176-A3C6-B028B23FBDD1.jpg (1068x601, 49K)

No! Fuck off are you serious? I already have maxed out stamina. So I can't get that last heart?

Trial and error or bitch out like me and look it up.

I had to cheat a little to figure out how the constellation puzzle worked.

Eventide Island was fun. I haven’t bought the DLC yet. Don’t know if I want to get it until I get through all the side quests and shrines.

I'm honestly wondering whether I should play Master Quest without activating the towers.

Problem is that I'd have one less goal to do in the game.

You need the stamina more than you need that last heart.

Last three (or two with DLC)

All the gyroscope puzzles were so shit. Especially if you're playing in Handheld mode.

Were you guys able to gather up all 900 korok seeds? Thinking of doing that just to kill some time while I wait on Luigi's Mansion 3..

Attached: 1561807167505.png (2450x1472, 3.38M)

You know, as a kid I thought these were different countries. But it's pretty obvious that they are just regions of Hyrule.

I love Kass!

Attached: My Husband.jpg (2978x2978, 3.54M)

But it activates my autism to see that last heart slot not filled in. Sucks. I would like more Stamina though, it's more useful.

I feel like MGSV was a good example of emergent gameplay but a really poor open world game. You could've used the mechanics of MGSV in a more linear environment to the likes of the previous games and it would benefit the gameplay and pacing immensely.

But a bunch of these are just ports.

Also, getting all seeds is just futile. You can do it but it won't fill you up inside. Also, theres no good way to track them either.

I never thought the gyro puzzles were that bad. The only ones that were a bit hard were the ones where you had to use gyro to wave hammers around and hit things at precise angles. I think people have trouble with them because they try and do it all with flicks of their wrists, and they don't realize how much easier it becomes if you rely on bigger motions from your arms.

ehhh I don't know bout dis princess

Attached: link.png (500x256, 155K)

What's your answer?

Attached: D-vRojcU0AIy0-H.jpg (1280x720, 163K)

Nope, I've got some sweet Gerudo and Princess pussy to slay.

aand here comes the fucking furfag, guess its time to wait for next thread

They wouldn't be so bad if they had a re-center option, unless they do and I forgot about it

>needs 10,000 rupees to open
bitch fuck no, I'll just go kill ganon without max upgrades, it's not like they're that important

Yes!

I just had to do one while I was taking a shit. It became impossible because I had to turn the whole tablet around and I couldn't actually see what was going on.

They're stupid and braindead and require motion controls which are never perfect.

Not if they reuse the map.

I don't do gold diggers.

I just love Kass!

This is very close to mine, except move everything down one tier, TWEWY up to top-tier (unless it was a bad port, I didn't play switch version), cadence of hyrule to top-tier, ultimate down to low-tier, and keep splatoon 2, botw, and xenoblade chronicles 2, and dkctf in the same tier,

>gather up all 900 korok seeds
literally why?

theres a pretty easy glitch to get max both if it bothers you

Please tell me more

>thread posted over an hour ago
new thread where