Why we cant make games, bros???

why we cant make games, bros???

Attached: tyrfghnxfgh.jpg (1215x1564, 281K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sC0cvwnG0Ik
gamefragger.com/multiplatform/suda51-thinks-pato-box-is-the-best-independent-game-of-2018-a10857
destructoid.com/pato-box-gets-a-physical-release-on-ps-vita-and-nintendo-switch-545217.phtml
store.steampowered.com/curator/6873594-Latin-American-Games-Juegos-hechos-en-Am/?appid=263980
youtube.com/watch?v=G69jUWW7etM
youtube.com/watch?v=hNN1Zk_ss4g
youtube.com/watch?v=lwc0I7F7PS8
youtube.com/watch?v=LwVCRTKnIMo
youtube.com/watch?v=cGxFuZFiIeM
youtube.com/watch?v=GE5IzoNnDCU
youtube.com/watch?v=6XpatO5lafQ
levelup.com/noticias/490061/Mulaka-el-videojuego-mexicano-sera-distribuido-en-Asia
twitter.com/TheMexicanRuner/status/905763949127327745?s=19
youtube.com/watch?v=QNJL6nfu__Q
youtu.be/xqPQz57npfg
youtu.be/rmsgYhD1w04
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who cares, I'd just end up playing only the japanese ones anyway, just like I do now

what's with these fucking /int/ lite threads? this seems to be the only board that frequently gets them.

Too busy quenching the gringos' drug thirst.

Already a thread, and a better one.

Apparently Brazil can, Horizon Turbo Chase is fantastic.

It's on PS+? Gonna try it

Me too

it must be one sperg trying his hardest

Based Brazil

Chrome squad is also a Brazilian game. BRs love their tokusatsu shit anons. In fact there's a promising one being made called Adore.

There's actually quite a few good BR games. Never heard of other "Latin" games that are good though.

We just don't have money and our government is like Trump 2 but worse.

brazil is a shithole country

>Never heard of other "Latin" games that are good though.

There are several

>469411264
Colombia is making a pretty cool looking indie game called Cris Tales

found the left wing cuck

Because you're a subhuman shit stain. Kill yourself.

i am brazillian and can confirm this

I'm the only Ecuadorian here in the whole Yea Forums
Ask me anything

what does your country do?

Being a shithole ,what else?

Are Mexicans welcome in this thread?

i guess latin america is just a weeb shithole after all

youtu.be/sC0cvwnG0Ik

I think I'm the only black South African :(

Attached: aQ8qDvq_700b.jpg (378x377, 33K)

everything from brazil sucks

Tfw no South American bf

Sony is reducing PS+ Price in Mexico

Instead of $60 a year, it's now $40

Attached: IMG_20190702_100957.png (480x335, 145K)

Friendly reminder that:

Mexico has the cheapest vidya prices in Latin America and the most affordable ones

Mexico is also the Latin American country that had contributed the most to videogames

Just last year, we had the best indie game according to Suda51, it was so popular in Japan that it's getting a physical release via Play-Asia

gamefragger.com/multiplatform/suda51-thinks-pato-box-is-the-best-independent-game-of-2018-a10857

destructoid.com/pato-box-gets-a-physical-release-on-ps-vita-and-nintendo-switch-545217.phtml

Guacamelee main creator and programmer is Mexican and it's a very successful indie games, it's getting a physical release

We have Kerbal Space Program, the best selling Latin American game on Steam and the most successful one, it has sold over 3 or 4 million copies

store.steampowered.com/curator/6873594-Latin-American-Games-Juegos-hechos-en-Am/?appid=263980

The first videogame Latin American company is Mexican and it's called EVOGA, they worked with SNK

We had AAA Lucha Libre which is arguably the Latin American game with the biggest budget ever

Also we have created some games for PC and PS4 too

youtube.com/watch?v=G69jUWW7etM

youtube.com/watch?v=hNN1Zk_ss4g

youtube.com/watch?v=lwc0I7F7PS8

youtube.com/watch?v=LwVCRTKnIMo

youtube.com/watch?v=cGxFuZFiIeM

youtube.com/watch?v=GE5IzoNnDCU

This one came to Switch/Xbone/PS4 and PC and got good reception, it's the best selling Latin American game on Nintendo e-shop and it's being published in Asia too

youtube.com/watch?v=6XpatO5lafQ

levelup.com/noticias/490061/Mulaka-el-videojuego-mexicano-sera-distribuido-en-Asia

Not to mention that we have one of the best KOF AND SMASH players in the world

The guy who beat all licensed NES game is Mexican:

twitter.com/TheMexicanRuner/status/905763949127327745?s=19

Also, Mexico is the biggest vidya market in Latin America

Attached: 1509580677579.png (342x564, 293K)

90% of the countries in the world are literal shitholes

South Logic made a game called Deer Hunter a long time ago on PC which was a huge success in US. Got bought by Ubisoft, them got closed. We have many successful indie studios and artists/devs, Joymasher and Miniboss comes to mind, Glauber Kotaki made sprite art for Rogue Legacy and other games, and 2 br artists made work for Celeste.

There are several Latinos working in the videogame industry

God of War main animator programmer is Mexican

Attached: 14-15.jpg (2133x1523, 2.59M)

Bunda

because they are low iq monkeys.

>>our government is like Trump 2 but worse
>trump 2 has only been on power for less than 6 months
>says that after over a decade of being governed by nigger loving criminals who would give asylum to other criminals
>implies that pixelshit is any good

Attached: cesare-battisti.jpg (3000x2000, 798K)

youtube.com/watch?v=QNJL6nfu__Q

Thread theme

1. ur black
2. ur whack
3. u smoke crack

Kek

Nah

Attached: 156242116595.jpg (1334x1310, 426K)

It's not that, just the lack of resources and support overall

Here comes the enlightened monkey. How about you wait your country deal with the extreme income inequality and rampaging corruption before stating your politic views? It baffles me how a literal african tier country tries to play politics.

>poor countries with little educational infrastructure have low IQ, which is a racist test based on formal education
Hmm.

based & Mexipilled

Cambodia is such an advanced and rich country !!!

too poor hehe
they made this here tho. It was a strange game

Attached: images (2).jpg (189x267, 10K)

ahem

Attached: basd.png (1059x760, 1.01M)

True

mexico is smelly, brown and dirty that is the most friendly reminder

>How about you wait your country deal with the extreme income inequality (and rampaging corruption

>reddit line breaks
>MUH TRUMP #2!!!!
cope

Attached: killurself.jpg (600x600, 37K)

Don't forget that it's the most weeab one

Attached: rin_tohsaka___cosplay_by_maysakaali_dc5oq71-pre.jpg (870x919, 74K)

what happened with the game that has the tribal jungle girl character? that shit is going to be the new franchise to knock DMC off the top

Is it really?

Attached: 5b5ecf71f6c980b0ea610eda152e8d61.jpg (1007x1280, 260K)

I'm Brazillian and I have graduated in game design. Ask me anything.
Just a protip: Game design is a fucking meme everywhere, even in America. Brazil manages to be an even bigger joke. Don't fall for this shit.

No true middle class to produce devs or consumers.

wait, there are countries that have lower IQ than fucking haiti?

Does she sells bath water? I bet it tastes like fried beans

Attached: ppm.jpg (1024x684, 30K)

Yes, Brasil, Peru, Colombia, Penezuela.
Every single person of those shitholes are more retarded than an average haitian

Brazil is very based
Mexicans are ugly as fuck and smelly
Also terrible ass country.

this, unironically

Mexicans=Peruvians

Chilean here, I've lived all my life here and I can tell you the average person is beyond retarded.

You haven't been on Peru, Colombia, Brasil or Penezuela. They are Olimpical retarded because they got nigger blood

fuck off retard

too busy dealing with politics to care about games

You know what? No one will ask, so I will vent how my "Game design" course at one of the supposedly most respectable colleges in Brazil was;

>First year - technical english. Half of the class had 0 english knowledge. Classes were middle school english with words like software and hardware throw around.
>Semestral exam was about putting the " ' " on "it's". I wish I was fucking joking. Imagine a bunch of phrases with "it" and all you had to do was to chose if it was "it" or "it's". Some people failed at the exam
>We had c++ in the first year to learn computer logic. Had some java classes at the second year. That was it about programming.
>We never learned to use ANY engine. We had half a semester of graphic processing and from nowhere the guy picked up a dog awful engine called jmonkey and """""taught""""" us
>He showed us a demo he made with the engine, but oh wait, it was actually just a demo he download on the developer's website. He tought we wouldn't find out.
>Everyone in the class had no idea how to create a game with that engine, so everyone just downloaded the demo and presented at class. Teacher gave A to everyone
>We had two years of basic math classes, one of physics, one semester of geometry. Teacher said "you can crate a game using those formulas", but had no idea how to create a game and was just a math teacher. We were never taught how to program that shit anyway
>No one in the entire college managed to get an internship at any game design company, because those companies would never hire a college student
>Guy responsible for the game design course actually disliked games and never created a game in his life
>We never had classes about ANYTHING related to visual, art or design. Dude tought that they were unnecessary

So far, I've managed to make more than 10 kids give up on having game design at that place, and instead chose to do something that may give them a chance at the job market. It always makes me smile.

Both have God tier food and Aztec/Inca stuff?

Miscegenation

>Objective: Run

Attached: Chiabe.jpg (540x960, 45K)

Mexicans are creating a Metroidvania inspired by Hollow Knight

Looks dope

youtu.be/xqPQz57npfg

Attached: IMG_20190629_211519.png (480x361, 187K)

which college? also, what are you going to do now, computer science?

VA-11 HALL-A dudes are from Venezuela
Oniken girl is from Brazil

Mainly due to the culture of economic protectionism in the 80s and early 90s, which made it very dificult to import a computer (and even consoles, although Sega and Nintendo had partnership with local toy companies ). Therefore we missed the golden age of games and could not come with a solid videogame company like Capcom or Blizzard. Nowadays there are many indie developers and franchises with moderated success (I'm thinking of the Momodora series), but overall we are far behind the first world.

>what are you going to do now, computer science?
lol, I'm a fucking NEET with cronic depression.

Don't even waste your time with this shit. If you want to become an artist for games, do something related to art. If you want to program, take serious classes of the language of your choice.
Learn unity with tutorials the developers website, most colleges universities or whatever will do nothing but "teach" by using unity's tutorials masked up as classes. As matter of fact, you might have more luck at being employed if you know some shitty program like RPG Maker. Most of game design shit can be learned freely on the internet, colleges will do nothing but teach you some base level knowledge in the spam of years.
Most game creators that I know in Brazil come from the era when Rpg Maker was at it's peak and started to create games with it before moving to something better.

>No one in the entire college managed to get an internship at any game design company, because those companies would never hire a college student

That's the problem with these type of catch-all courses, they end up teaching you nothing. If a game company needs someone to write their engine, they will hire a programer, not someone with a degree in game desingn. If they need someone to work with the art, they will hire a designer, and so on.

You're too busy selling drugs and carjacking.

Uruguay has Ironhide Studios (Kingdom Rush).

I think that's the only thing we have,

I can't believe Peru memed themselves to the finals of Copa America

>Latin America has gorgeous landscape, amazing food, gorgeous women but we can't produce good games or movies and we are seen as poor people

Feels bad man

Attached: tikalpeten-eb62fb6901f50e602fca9201f98a7d97-1200x800.jpg (1200x800, 176K)

>Semestral exam was about putting the " ' " on "it's". I wish I was fucking joking. Imagine a bunch of phrases with "it" and all you had to do was to chose if it was "it" or "it's". Some people failed at the exam
KEK
english in this country is so fucking poor that people even create problems where they don't exist. i once saw retards making distinctions between ' and ’, and they implied that you needed to install the "english keyboard" on windows to be able to type that LOL
not once they thought the obvious like: "but wait a minute doesn't english already use the latin alphabet?"

i've always been curious about game development (but mind you it is just gamer curiosity, i don't intend to ship a game) and since forever i realized it would be a waste of time and money to attend an university just for that
i learned all my game developing skills from youtube/googling, and i am pretty sure i have better skills than all of those graduates. i used zbrush, maya, 3dsmax, unreal engine, and etc... i covered literally all the steps involved in game creation in a matter of months
not sure if i would be hired by a company but i think that if you want to learn how to make games that's the way to go

>he fell for the vidya course meme
>he fell for the vidya course meme in a country with zero tradition on game creation
Please don't tell me you actually graduated there and your post wasn't just your report of the first two semesters after you dropped it.
Also: look at brazilian vidya and make a list of games that have actual good design. If you put a

Attached: 0.jpg (450x450, 48K)

If you ask me the only thing holding back Latam is the majority of people being uncultured pigs that can't add to the growth of their respective countries.

Attached: 1543037827564.jpg (462x500, 46K)

idk, maybe is the only decent choice we can do to gain money and make a game

br sou foda uma delicia

White Mexicans are developing this racing game, it was announced at e3

youtu.be/rmsgYhD1w04

Looks comfy

Real talk, people usually think of Brazilians as some sort of carefree people with great hospitality, but that's simply because we love foreigners. Being a Brazilian and having to interact with other Brazilians on a day to day basis makes me want to kill myself. To sum it all up, we're like a less extreme version of the average Chinese. Not even gonna touch on politics which is currently a fucking miracle but still not enough to halt brazilianisms in congress.
Anyone that goes against the norm usually leaves the country when able.

i am from Costa Rica, can i participate in this thread?

Godspeed, user. You are absolutely right, if you have a somewhat decent skill with zbrush , 3D, maya ec, you have a better chance of being hired than any graduate. Create some basic shit with unity, and you are at level of being hired as a teacher.
Nope. Like I said, I've graduated and this is the biggest regret of my life, I was lead by my parents who believed 100% that this college was one of the greatest places to learn in Brazil, everytime I talked of dropping this shit they acted like I was retarded. I've been graduated for years now and never got a decent job, but they always say "at least you got a diploma!!!"
I'm also not hired at IT companies because they are not interested on anyone graduated at game design.

user, if you're a full blown NEET like you claim you are, you could always use part of your free, idle time with making games as a hobby. Try to figure out a game that plays up your strengths and hides your deficiencies (don't do a game that will require god tier art design if you can't at art, for example) and choose a platform that has a viable engine for it (PC or mobile?).
With a somewhat decent game you might be able to finally have a breakthrough in the tiny games market in your country. If anything goes wrong at least you're still a NEET wasting time on your computer so nothing is lost. Good luck.

>literally have the potential to be a super power if united
>Abundance of resources
>have the same culture and language so all the hard work is done for them unlike niggers in Africa
>still too stupid to do it

What a waste. You deserve poverty desu

Nah, we're too different

Probably went to a private college. Every university in Brazil is pretty shit, and private ones are even worse.

It's the rampant corruption that fucks Latin America over. If we get rid of that, Brazil alone could be a superpower.

user, I could write a lengthy post about how absolutely fucked I am and my wrong choices in life, but to sum it up, I'm fucking 33 now and have been on Yea Forums since 2003. I'm a depressive fuck that only managed to get a couple jobs in my entire life, and every single one of those jobs had absolutely nothing to do with games, art or design. I lost my only choice to get an internship while I was at college because my mother forced me to take a job at a call center 3 hours away from home for one year and a half, saying that I had to learn how to wage and be a normal person. It put a huge stress on me that broke my physical health for one entire year. By the time I got better, I was graduated and unemployed.
I was led by parents with absolutely 0 knowledge about IT, games and design because I was an unassertive fuck. I may be a complete loser, but one of my sole purposes in life now is to convince any kid that I know to NEVER, EVER try game design at a college and to tell their parents to shut the fuck up and be an assertive person.

One of my friends that graduate with me suicided a couple months ago for being in a similar situation and being unable to provide for his family. Recently I went back to learn art on my own, but I was forced to take another shitty job delivering stuff. I. I. I just have no idea of what I can do anymore and even my fucking therapist is tired of me. My only dream at life was to leave my parent's home and live in a small apartment by myself creating art and related content, but even that is impossible now.

spics are goblins

Rude