Tfw rollercoaster tycoon and its legacy will forever stay dead

>tfw rollercoaster tycoon and its legacy will forever stay dead
why is noone making a spiritual successor to these games, brehs?
>inb4 Planet Coaster
that game doesn't have any management or park progression aspects and once you have built 1 coaster the performance will dip so hard that you will never be able to build an actual park.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1280x720, 209K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qAZh_FR4lGY
youtube.com/watch?v=QwGDag7V3ZE&t=20s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

OpenRCT2

Planet Coaster.
OP can't inb4
Get an actual PC, don't try to run in on a laptop you mongoloid.

Planet Coaster.
OP can't inb4
Get an actual PC, don't try to run in on a laptop you mongoloid.

RCT ran on anything. To be a proper successor a game should run on more than just high end rigs.

never played any of them but i love old games. is the best one?

Parkitect, no idea if it's any good

Parkitecht is alright. It's no RCT but it's closer to it than Planet Coaster is.

>and once you have built 1 coaster the performance will dip so hard that you will never be able to build an actual park.
maybe you can ask your parents for a higher allowance

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 47K)

you're literally retarded. if you do extensive theming planet coaster will fuck any PC, even high end ones.

literally get Parkitect. It's the RCT3 we never got.

Apparently, Chris Sawyer, the guy who made the originals, actually still fully owns the IP, not the publisher, which was not at all a common back when the games came out. But instead of making a game he just licenses the IP out to other people to make shovelware.

No point "playing" planet coaster its fucking boring, I get more gameplay value from messing around in Unity

get Parkitect you dunce

I lost the original CD

Planet Coaster runs on medium specs PCs
t. it runs fine on my lower medium specs PC

It doesn't matter what I say anyway. You're just going to come up with more and more criteria that whatever doesn't count and move the goalposts over and over.
What you want is RCT. It still exists. Go play it and shut the fuck up.

Definitely

It's been a while since I played, but I feel like I remember enjoying RCT1 better than RCT2.

Parkitect looks soulless

That's because RCT has better scenarios, and RCT2's expacks' scenery is unbelievably terrible.

RCT2

RCT1 had better scenarios, 2 more content

This. game is goat. It even forces you to hide maintenance ways from guests and gauges decoration rating more sensible.
Fuck vandals though. They're even worse than in rct2.

>OP says that Planet Coaster doesn't interest him because it lacks park management/progression features
>Yea Forumsirgin-incels flood the thread shiling Planet Coaster because >lul op i bet ur pc is bad
>doesn't change the fact that Planet Coaster has no management gameplay

I fucking hate /virgin-incels

Attached: 1538636368182.jpg (251x242, 14K)

playing openRCT with Yea Forums was fun as fuck anyway planet coaster is boring as hell to be honest, the graphics look like it was slapped right out if unity/unreal assets

Man, that game would be great if it had the 1st person on-ride coaster view.
That's the one addition that RCT3 did that was really cool.

dumb incels.
also, no idea why anyone would get Planet Coaster instead of NoLimits which is used by actual rollercoaster engineering companies.

>That game doesnt have any management or park progression aspects
But it does? I don't understand this argument, Rollercoaster Tycoon's management system has literally not changed with Planet Coaster. If you think it has, i'd love to hear why because I literally can't see a difference in management and thats literally all I hear from rollercoaster tycoon autists despite the fact that both games have not changed in their management systems.

>No limits
youtube.com/watch?v=qAZh_FR4lGY
Get with the times grandpa
this was legitimately the thing shown to investors

Is it supreme autism to want a park management game where you don't just design the rides and scenery but also the backstage and underground maintenance areas?
would love to have some disney land style hidden city under the park

>That's the one addition that RCT3 did that was really cool.
I really loved the water park expansion as well, in retrospect it's such an obvious thing missing from most park-management games

>this was legitimately the thing shown to investors
no it wasn't.
some guy built this based off of what was shown in a short teaser for the actual ride.

That's because Chris Sawyer is the Alam Moore of video games, he thinks his game was god tier and that nothing can surpass it so he just licenses it out because according to him, he's made a masterpiece so any game thats made after it is a disgrace to the industry.
in reality it's cause he can't code in anything thats not assembly and though timeless, his games were phased out pretty quickly in this industry

Yes, and said promo actually used planet coaster and was shown to investors
youtube.com/watch?v=QwGDag7V3ZE&t=20s

Which is funny as fuck anyways

>No WILD expansion
>No SOAKED expansion
>People still say Parkitect and Planet Coaster are great games despite being featureless compared to a 2004 game

Well, in Parkitect you have to make supply lines for all your shit, and you have to hide them from the park guests as much as possible for extra points by using scenery, decorations, tunnels and such.

RCT1 has FAR better scenarios

That sounds like needless bloat that makes no sense if we're talking about actual parks. The ONLY parks that hide shit from the guest is disney to "keep the magic", Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks don't really give a shit, only thing that's hidden is parade start routes for obvious reasons, otherwise everything except for like the employee lounge is up front and center, you just wouldn't notice any maintenance area's because they're restricted to you.

what are the chances there'll be a cross-play option between planet coaster and planet zoo allowing hybrid parks?
that said I really wish it had a soaked equivalent, would have been fantastic on a modern engine

ok but
>one single isolated case of someone using Planet Coaster instead of NoLimits2
>"get with the times dude this is the new standard"
Pretty much everyone is mocking them for using Planet Coaster instead of NoLimits since Planet Coasters simulation is lacking in comparison. Of course all of this coaster has been planned already but still.

Well, we are talking about Theme Parks here, which only exist in Europe. Look at shit like Phantasialand etc. In Europe theming and keeping the illusion is taken very seriously. In america they kind of just build the coasters and that's it.

it was a joke

Every single park in the world has a bunch of hidden supply routes m8, even the ones that don't give that much of a shit
besides it could be a gameplay mechanic, if you don't give a shit you can place it upfront but the customers will get more negative thoughts from it (depending on what customers, thrill-seakers would be bothered least, families most)

Frontier said they wanted to do at least a SOAKED expansion for Planet Coaster somewhere down the line, but no fucking idea when that's gonna happen considering their working on Zoo Tycoon. Most likely it's just gonna be Planet Coaster with Animals because Copy pasting your previous game is a lot easier then making a new one.

they're been saying that so long I'm assuming any water parks are going to be a feature of planet coaster II
which admittedly would be a fantastic sales pitch

>implying you need a successor when OpenRCT2 is alive and well

ur mum is alive and well so why do u exist!?!??!??

You could always play Roller Coaster Tycoon Adventures on Nintendo Switch.

Attached: 1561807167505.png (2450x1472, 3.38M)

>cadence of hyrule
>low tier
bait image?

People didn't like Star Allies?

I disagree with the management but 100% correct on the performance. I can run any game at ultra perfectly but can only build maybe 1/5 of a park before the lag & fps is too shitty to carry on & I don't exactly feel like paying £2k to upgrade everything just for 1 game that is badly optimised & runs poorly.

Maybe one day I'll be able to run it

Felt like a cutcopypaste of RCT with a few extra mechanics thrown in. Its pretty good imo.