What is the quintessential soulless game?

What is the quintessential soulless game?

Attached: photo_b68c83e3-fda4-4843-81cc-1cf8ad0b7046.jpg (600x750, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b5dsOn06w1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dark Souls 2

any Ubisoft game after AC2

You posted it.

>not Dark Souls 3

Kys. Dark Souls 2 is soulful as fuck. Majula is the best hub.

Attached: 1476387087961.jpg (1920x1080, 1.06M)

Came here to post the Watch Dogs games but I agree with this.

No.

BOTW
All the colour and personality was sucked out of the game and what you end up with is an empty sandbox with trees that will only load if you're 2 feet away from them.

I could see why you'd think Days Gone is soulless but there's far more soulless games out there. Remember the Army of Two games? The gears of war rip off with gritty modern day mercenaries who's defining feature was they had tribal tattoos on their masks? Way more soulless.

Attached: ao2.jpg (983x550, 125K)

I'll piggy back off this and say many recent Nintendo games. Smash Ultimate, recent Kirby games, recent Yoshi games, recent Pokemon games, and recent Donkey Kong Country games come to mind.

Smash Ultimate looks so flat and desaturated for some reason.

Attached: Dhs_gbUUwAAZsi1.jpg (1200x600, 134K)

I wouldn't exactly say Days gone had 'Soul', but it was far from soulless

army of two was sick with a bro, u confirmed not having friends
days gone is literally just a tlou rip off minus any sort of storytelling and "open world" game features slapped on lazily

>Black Flag and Rogue
>Soulless
Now Watch Dogs 1, that was soulless. Not to mention the multiple colored sets of the same outfit.

This

Days Gone was actually pretty good and not soulless at all.

AC Odyssey is probably the most soulless game I have ever played.

BotW

WHAT THE FUCK GUYS
REALLY
WE TALK ABOUT THIS SHIT IN THE PAST
A LOT
IT IS FUCKING CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE 3 HOLY SHIT GUYS
youtube.com/watch?v=b5dsOn06w1s

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x300, 17K)

Have you tried playing AC1? Holy shit it feels like a robot made that game

A broken POS that relies on broken hit boxes and ctrl c ctrl v enemy placement to be a challenge.
>clap because I saw it tier reused bosses

What makes it good?

>posts about soul
>replies about stuff that isn't soul

why are you even here

Attached: 1282946594498.png (638x582, 26K)

Jurassic world evolution at launch it as so barren and rushed it was worse then a decade old JP game. Now it’s just a lacking shit heap chocked under dumb DLC
>one of the few times everyone one was wrong and IGN was right

Attached: 091F27AB-02EF-4E86-BEBA-F205F7D53E45.jpg (1280x720, 210K)

No mod tools was the biggest mistake

>da hub looks nice 10/10
They clearly didn’t give a shit about anything and completely misunderstood what souls games are.
Demon and dark souls where designed around tough but fair (although they doubtlessly stumbled from time to time). On the other hand darksouls 2 says fuck it look how hard this is, isn’t hard you guys, it’s so hard you guys, look how fucking hard it is. Darksouls 2 has lazy, difficulty, areas, enemies, bosses, and characters
If not understand and throwing away the very identity of the previous game isn’t a lack of soul I don’t know what is

FFXIV

Aesthetically and dialogue-wise, sure, but design wise there's a bunch of stuff that breathes life into it.
>beggars who just badger the shit out of you
>Crusaders who aggro on sight, forever

Not much, mind. This is the same studio that made that Prince of Persia trilogy that managed to take a sick concept and make it ridiculously fucking repetitive and boring.

Attached: assassins creed iconic outfit not another game.png (900x500, 791K)

I feel like the fact there are only like 7 truly unique dinos while the rest are basically interchangeable palette and model swaps did it for me
>this cunt was $10

Attached: 65215657-86D7-4781-88BF-0DDE51D416E9.jpg (1920x1080, 694K)

Dark Souls 2 isn't hard, it just punishes lock-on spamming and turtling.

Ever played Demon's or Dark Souls 1 without ever blocking or using lock-on? It's ridiculously easy, enemies can't deal with it. Dark Souls 2 just makes that the default playstyle.

Never said it was hard just that it uses bullshit for difficulty and the jerks itself off over how hard it is. Also the idea of punishing lock on spam is dumb given how many weapons need it to work properly and I never even noticed being punished for it.

probably just plain ol' fun, something Yea Forums wouldn't understand these days.

chrono trigger

fun is completely subjective
people have been saying it's good, but never give any real reasons

seriously awful bait
apply yourself dude

yeah I'm not even the guy who said it was good, I just imagine that's the main factor.
I still haven't played it, but it actually does look bretty cool.

It's like the devs themselves had no soul.

Attached: 4221fa767125ab6c6f892065579bb76121809d65.jpg (616x353, 24K)

>50 fucking ankylosaur flavors and they are all antisocial retards unless you buy Dr. chinks mysterious adventures dlc

Apex Legends

>dude it's like everything those other popular games are

no it applys overrated game only loved by people with no taste so its soulless

except its not

It may legitimately be Fallout 76. If Fallout 4 is a slice of soulless, 76 is the whole fucking cake.

Fallout fans (me) on suicide watch. It's hard to be forced to move on from your favorite game series :(

anyone who uses the term overrated in any capacity should be shot

At least it tried with shoving rejected overwatch concept art into the battle royal game formula. Plenty of games that don’t even do that much and just scream about how they are totally unique and you have never seen a battle royal game like this.
What ever the fuck the game with dropping oxygen and a volcano is the most recent example of that.

CT is overrated trash

It's a 7/10 game that doesn't do much amazing but I played it to the end and had a good time with it. The stealth/shooting/melee mechanics are all standard fare but work fine. The world is pretty interesting to explore and the bike handles well. Hordes are the most interesting thing about the game I guess, being caught out with no fuel in your bike and suddenly hundreds of zombies out of nowhere can be tense and thrilling. The story and characters are actually way more compelling than you might expect.

Just a shame the framerate is so fucking terrible, even now after a bunch of patches.

equally soulless you moron.

overrated doesn't mean bad, dumbfuck

Origins and Black Flag have way more soul. God, I fucking hate Ezioshitters so much.

Using the term "should be shot" in any capacity is overrated

hence why i said trash because it is

DG is actually pretty great and far from soulless. First open world game in quite some time I actually enjoyed.

yeah I know you're a fucking retard

Storywise it's a decent western with zombies. Writing isn't all that solid, but dialogue is fun and characters feel like real people most of the time.
Gameplat-wise it's an okay open-world survival with enough things to do, but not too much shit to get bored (like in AC, for example).
I felt like even though it's a derivative title, guys who made it really cared about it, it wasn't another product for them. There are lots of little details and ideas, that would be praised if people actually played it and gave a damn about it. Sadly, "zombie survival cinematic action game" gives off the wrong vibe so people think it's another Order 1886. But it isn't. Order was boring plain shit and devs clearly didn't want to make a game, they wanted to make an interactive movie with interesting setting and story (and fucked up either way). Days Gone guys wanted to make a good game with good story. It's far from perfect, and it's mostly just decent/alright, but it is likable enough.
I'd say it has soul. As much soul as Syphon Filter devs can give, at least.

>Order 1886
Fuck me we went the whole thread without mentioning that nothing of a game

At least it's pretty.

Attached: days_gone.jpg (1920x1080, 205K)

X-blades was the first that came to mind. I like action games and women in skimpy outfits but holy shit. It's like someone on their team made the main girl model then they just built a dumpster game around that.

Army of Two was alright. I played it once 10 years ago and I still remember Salem and Rios' names because they actually had personality and chemistry. You can probably dig up way shittier Gears clones than that.

Attached: X-Blades_Cover.jpg (220x279, 17K)

Ubisoft games

>child of light
>rayman(s)
nah

>origins
>witcher knock off having any soul

no

>Always post only Majula

Crackdown 3. What the hell was that all about?

there's lots of good places in DS2. it's just the stat changes in that one that usually turn me off.

Comfy as fuck, played solo as champion covenant 1/3 of the game, cauz best design.

it really isn't

boozer. or some say boozeMAN.

Attached: index.jpg (300x168, 6K)

fpbp