Baldur's Gate III

Can Laurian pull it off?

Attached: baldurs_gate_3_trailer_header.jpg (3000x1500, 213K)

Isn't it Epic Store exclusive? Who gives a shit?

>Isn't it Epic Store exclusive?
No. They explicitly said that it won't be an Epic exclusive and will in fact come to Steam and GOG first, unless something has changed recently.

Absolutely.

Confirmed for literally everything but Epic

i'm not a fan of 5e ruleset

Didn't they say that they were going to retool the rules for better gaming?

Baste bullshit poster.

How about the lore though, since they're changing the ruleset for compatibility with vidya anyways.

Attached: 1562382317021.jpg (1080x720, 455K)

If they have 300 employees for this I assume they hired some good writers too

What the fuck is the context here.

Anyways if they can avoid the meme level humor, no co-op youtuber bait gameplay and bare minimum SJW pandering, then it will be golden. Then again I still need to finish Kingmaker, Divinity 1 and Pillars 2.

Looks like a Jewish gnome forcing some racemixing with magic or hypnosis.

Yes. I just thank Gorion that it didn't fall in the hands of Obsidian, makers of the dullest RPG of all time.. Each attempt Obsidian makes to create their own universe rather than simply deconstruct a setting made by others, has been more disastrous than the last. Aside from the outdated gameplay and lifeless cities, Pillars of Eternity's only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of combat mechanics, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Sawyer vetoed the idea of making anything at all innovative or original; he made sure the game would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable nostalgia pandering to ageing Baldur's Gate fans. Pillars of Eternity might be anti-casual(or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Divinity series in its refusal of spontaneity, fun and excitement.

>a-at least the writing was good though

"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the narrative was terrible. As I played, I noticed that every time I engaged in dialogue with an NPC the game presented me with a Wiki-page style infodump instead of anything resembling actual human conversation.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time this was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Sawyer's mind is so governed by obsession with pointless minutiae of the lore that he has no other style of writing.

Later I read a lavish, loving review of Pillars of Eternity by the same David Gaider. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kiddies are playing Obsidian games at 17 or 18, then when they get older they will go on to enjoy Dragon Age II." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "Pillars of Eternity" you are, in fact, trained to shill for Bioware.

Attached: 1536155212687.jpg (750x1000, 159K)

No, they don't know how to write without hiding behind 30 levels of irony and meta jokes.

Beamdog is a guilty of a number of different crimes. Here are the major ones.

1. The Enhanced Editions are essentially a collection of free mods that had existed for nearly twenty years. Beamdog gathered them all up, slapped "Enhanced Edition" on it and resold it as a new product. There's very very little in the Enhanced Editions that wasn't already out there, and most of it is stuff you don't want (like obnoxious character outlines).

2. The games didn't sell so well and the originals were still far outselling them, even twenty years after their release, so Beamdog had EVERY digital distributor stop selling the originals and ONLY sell the Enhanced Edition. If you want to buy a digital copy of the originals now, they're "bundled" into the Enhanced Edition. Now these scumbags can claim sales from people just wanting to buy the originals as their own.

3. The infamous 600+ bugs on launch. The game is still riddled with bugs (as even a perfunctory glance over their forums show) but the fact that it took nearly two years for them to get a game that had been working fine for 20 years to reach playability after launch is telling of their wild incompetence.

4. This is where we get to the ones that really piss people off. Beamdog couldn't just remaster the game, they had to fuck with the content too. New dialogue for existing NPCs like Jaheira, Viconia, Safana, Kivan, et cetera was written in to make the characters more progressive and leftist friendly. Beamdog shills will argue that "adding content isn't changing content XDDD" but it is when the new content changes the core personalities of the existing characters. This is in addition to adding a slew of their own LGBT (hitherto there were none in Baldur's Gate) NPCs, all flooded with OP attributes and magic items to encourage people to play them despite their cancer.

5. Siege of motherfucking Dragonspear.

Attached: 1541310223778[1].png (661x245, 39K)

If the game doesn't start with a quote from Alaundo it's instantly shit.

Attached: 1561315575667.jpg (641x700, 89K)

I want to play as an illithid even though I know it wouldn't probably work as a playable character

Main character most likely not but a companion is possible

You're probably going to turn into an Illithid mid/endgame and "somehow" find a way to turn back while your companions freak out and dont recognize you

screencap this my dad is swen

What are the chances of a drow partymember though?

Attached: 1562379256507.jpg (2999x3940, 990K)

Is there a single party based d&d game that doesn't have a drow party member at this point

Planescape?
Icewind Dale?
Neverwinter Nights?
Shadows over Mystara?
Tower of Doom?
Temple of Elemental Evil?

Attached: koikatsu drow.png (837x879, 1.04M)

It will be shit, Larian can't make games that aren't shallow as a puddle.

NWN does have one

They're the only people who could possibly pull it off. I just hope they don't do rtwp because "baldurs gate did it."
The reason D:OS is so popular is because of how fun the combat is, so they'd be retarded to fuck that up.

RTWP is the only actually immersive way to make a game like this.

>They're the only people who could possibly pull it off.
They'll make it shit. It should've been Owlcat

Really, the thing that'll trip them up on Baldur's Gate isn't the gameplay, but writing.

Attached: Drow Barmaid.png (1920x1080, 2.04M)

>obsidian deconstructs everything
>larian can't take anything seriously
>all the AAA studios make lowest common denominator committee built garbage

Why can't someone just make SINCERE art anymore, I don't care if it's cheesy, I don't care if it's got some flaws give me some fucking passion again.

Attached: YvZz1nv.jpg (1917x1077, 191K)

>Can Laurian pull it off?
Maybe. Maybe not. Depends how much they can reign in their Belgian autism/non-humour.

Sure as fuck is that Bioware can't pull it off, though.

>What the fuck is the context here.

A pair of Jews conspire to force race-mixing because half-elves are rootless and deracinated making them easier to control.

I'm sure this is an edit of something I don't know.

>rather than simply deconstruct a setting made by others

Even in their own settings they do that. PoE was nothing but "oh oops it turns out the thing you were sent on the quest to kill was actually super complicated and morally grey" repeated throughout the entire game. Now every character I meet is an asshole I don't want to help.

Attached: purge.jpg (160x216, 7K)

Based "No!" poster

I have no idea whether or not this is a pasta but I'll openly admit Pillars is probably one of the most boring games I've ever played like holy fuck the plot was boring, the characters where boring, the visuals where boring everything was boring

Attached: daddd676c7b4f466f2e0b87f4fb5f61faba8352cr1-540-540v2_hq.jpg (540x540, 36K)

>since they're changing the ruleset for compatibility with vidya anyways.
That was 4e.

Never played baldurs gate but I picked them up on the summer sale. Anyone red pill me on it so I can jump it to the front of my backlog?

Nwn has drow in one of ecpansions and iwd 2 can have drow party memer as well.

>Hypnosis to force enemies to fuck

That's my fetish.

Out of the current actors on the market, only Larian and Owlcat has shown how to have a clue how to adapt a proper crpg

So if they are going to make a 5e dnd game, Larian is a fine choice

Looks like she's about to get bleached.

No. There is way too much hype at this point and Larian are just not that capable. It will be a disappointment.