Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

No one here actually picked Riolu, right?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 10.10.26 PM.png (903x577, 299K)

what fuckin clown put skitty in D tier
You can inflict statuses like nothing else with her.
I fought and beat articuno only from the blizzard damage alone, nothing from the big bird himself.
Attract, paralyze, the list goes on. You can steam roll with skitty

Skitty in RB rescue team was a casual steamroller, attract was broken as shit

>her

Piplup is god-tier.
Pair him up with Torchic for the ultimate OTP.

Attached: empbla.png (1190x850, 728K)

its a gender locked pokemon in those games you clown
its always a her

Skitty is always a girl dumbass

I got Cubone in Blue, Bulbasaur in Time, and Chikorita in Sky.
Chikorita was based, the IQ skill where with certain items you'd use, your whole party would get the benefits, that was fucking great. My partner in Sky was Torchic.

Attached: 1458294575875.png (800x800, 232K)

I did.

I was an underage when it came out and I already did my usual combo (That gen's grass starter/another starter from that gen). cut me some slack, force palm is busted.

Attached: 1449409697293.png (500x500, 151K)

Wasn't Psyduck a partner too in one of the games?

I always picked Treecko in Explorers of Sky, felt like the canon choice given the context of the story and the connection you have with Grovyle

How was I supposed to know who I was - oh these are partners

In the original game, yeah

Rescue Team only along with Machop and Cubone.

Me too

>Go Treecko/Torchic in Rescue Team
>See Grovyle and think it was direct sequel where you evolve some time later

Attached: Hypernova dong.jpg (560x560, 246K)

I wanna replay Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team soon since I never actually beat it, got stuck in Groudon dungeon when I was a Kid and never picked it back up again.
What's the best team to make sure this doesn't happen to me again? I've heard Totodile and maybe Treecko?
Is it possible to have Vulpix as the partner?

I was so mad when the latest mystery dungeon had only the starters and Riolu/Pikachu. No randoms like Cubone, Munchlax, Skitty, etc.
I still remember playing the older ones and restarting over and over again to get munchlax in Darkness and cubone in Red.

Wait, was Vulpix available in the first games even?

Last Mystery Dungeon I played was Explorers of Sky.
Are the newer installments any good?

>picked pikachu as player cause I like pikachu
(Choose munchlax as partner)

>pikachu is easy mode
>make it to dark crater
>get hyper-filtered
>mfw

Attached: 38BD02F9-A17F-4E96-814C-281AB2CA9198.jpg (750x748, 71K)

Agreeing with this list just because Riolu is at the bottom. All the others but Riolu should've continued to be starters.

Attached: Proud of its power.jpg (400x240, 103K)

There...a step down to say the least.
Gates and super ain’t nothing like DMC2 levels of step down but hoo boy.

I still love em cause I fucking love mystery dungeon gameplay.

been thinking about replaying explorers, what's the most broken/fun player-partner combo, and what moves should I use?

Super is good, unironically the best in terms of gameplay of all of them. Never played Gates but apparently the story was good enough for some anons to say it was worth a playthrough.

Attached: 172789357896.jpg (699x430, 323K)

I've only played the first game. Do the later ones actually let you evolve your mons before endgame? That really disappointed me when it came out and never tried the later games because of it.

nope

Go to combo is Charmander + Skitty.
Do think we'll get another MD game or is the series dead? Super would be a proper send off if it was, redemption from the low point that was gates and was basically everything you could want out of a MD game. My only gripe is with the recruitment system and the loss of IQ skills.

Attached: unknown.png (623x484, 394K)

The story is great but whoever decided that text can’t be fast forwarded needs to be fuckin shot in the head

What's wrong with Riolu?

Only instance is as a temporary Super Mode in Super. In Explorers you have to wait even longer since the credits roll isn't the complete end of the plot

In mystery dungeon evolution is worthless post game reward as you can evolve AFTER finishing the post game.

GG spike chunsoft

>pick treecko as my partner
>thought grovyle was him from the future

Attached: 1562271490840.png (480x360, 298K)

he evolves into the Pokemon-who-shall-not-be-named

I played my first time through when I was around 10, I didn't realize that Normalize was a thing until the Spiritomb boss fight. In retrospect it really does break the game if you have a grass type partner

bump

I think that's it for the series if it isn't going mobile, otherwise we wouldn't have gotten all those callbacks.

Attached: 1475023277146.png (232x216, 2K)

Is this thread about the gba game ?

But Pikachu is so cute how is mid tier

Phanpy was already one of my favorite Pokemon; Explorers of the Sky cemented it as my favorite. I also have a special connection to Mystery Dungeon 2 in general since Explorers of Darkness got me through a rough stay in the hospital.

Attached: 231Phanpy_Pokemon_Mystery_Dungeon_Explorers_of_Sky.png (1410x1370, 1022K)

I was Cyndaquil and Cubone...I wasn't going for the most optimal run

It really killed my soul when that happened. What a brickwall.

i always read it as phanphy
im so upset that it is not pronounced that way, phanpy sounds dumb
>he fell for the electric type meme

But Rioulu was cool, (can we meme a new mystery dungeon? We Just need to spam that a New game is coming)

Skitty and whoever. Now you get to watch a cute pink cat shit all over legendaries