Why aren't fighting games cool anymore?

Why aren't fighting games cool anymore?

Attached: fighting games.jpg (1000x999, 373K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MSc2ZFXhQu0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because Capcom vomited out two massive piles of garbage:
1. Street Fighter 5
2. Marvel vs. Capcom: Infitite. The most soulless, depressing, sad, ugly, uninspiring video game I have ever played. A complete disaster.

Tekken 7 and Soul Calibur 6 are very neat, though. But, Capcom had the fighting game genre locked down with all their entries. Now that their grasp on it has weakened, all fighting vidya takes a hit.

Attached: Dudley-stance.gif (106x116, 106K)

Because what was once cheap to make now takes tons of money and in order to bring in noobs they have to keep making the games easier. Which doesn't work because most normies aren't into fighting games in the first place.

The new SamSho is great though. Maybe if you actually played the genre instead of browsing r/kappa for opinions on things you would know that.

Attached: YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg (740x764, 168K)

input lag

Because they want to be these ultra pro super serious competitive games and have lost the style and camp that made them fun.

youtube.com/watch?v=MSc2ZFXhQu0

>turd strike gif
>"mvci is the worst game ever!!"
>sucking off tekken

yep, it's an /r/kappa fag using his mom's cc to be aris' paypig

fuck off nigger.

Attached: reddit.gif (700x478, 925K)

Greed

This is about standard for Yea Forums, they're completely retarded about fighting games

>The new SamSho is great though

LOL no it's not

Where can you discuss fighting games? /vg/ and Yea Forums are shit and /vr/ thinks fighting games are all about single player

Please, explain why in detail.

People you actually play against you fucking mongoloid

Why the fuck are you triggered?
I talk to them as well, but I like to talk online about them

People like you just like being a contrarian hipster LOL

You knew coming in you'd get shit on and somehow you're still surprised

Not even joking but most of the normalfag sites are better. Obviously the people may be a bit annoying but they generally know what they're talking about and can at least actually support their point. Most people on Yea Forums will go to war over why 3S is the most perfect game ever made but they couldn't tell what a oki or cross up is.

I've noticed that as well. Usually they just go off about the sprites being good, but that's far from what makes a good game
Pretty clear Yea Forums gets their fighting game knowledge from "EPIC SALT POPOFF" compilations and youtube comments

While Yea Forums isn't as big as normalfag sites in what games they enjoy the average person here is honestly not any more skilled then other places. Like a lot of other places people here can't take the challenge of fighting games. They pick a waifu, play training mode for an hour, go online and get their ass handed to them, and then can't take it. People just can't stand the idea of playing a game and not being at least competent in it after a day or two of playing it.

>Capcom and SF sucks
>Tekken is great by the way

Attached: 352325125135.png (1034x1073, 423K)

Discord

Miss us yet?

Attached: capcomfighting.png (584x566, 335K)

they're too hard to play well

Practice

Let's be honest, no one even touched Cyberbots, Star Gladiator, or Red Earth. A new Darkstalkers, Rival Schools, or Power Stone would be greta though.

I mean your always going to have the classics assuming you didn't throw em away m8

Attached: rsz_virtua_fighter.png (1024x537, 857K)

why? its not worth the time when they feel shallow on every level

Ah, the "I only play games that aren't played anymore so I feel special" pack

>Somehow knows they're shallow because you don't practice
I see

>/r/kappa
Who?

>Miss us
No I was just playing Vampire Savior and Cyberbots online earlier on fightcade.

That's exactly what OP was, though.

I wish they brought these candycab arcade set ups to Canada. Every time an arcade sets up here it shuts down a year later.

they feel shallow to new players when they suck at them, wheres the genuine desire to keep going.

you literallly can spam random moves or the same move over and over again to win. theres no accomplishment gratification

>You can literally spam random moves or the same moves over and over again to win
Oh why didn't you save us all some time and just say "I'm a colossal scrub"

Obviously the online was so bad he tried for 8.4 hours and couldn't get a match user geez

I'm surprised Red Earth didn't take off more. The concept of a single player RPG fighting game is interesting, but I guess not as lucrative as catering to the competitive market.

I get random cvs2 videos come up in my youtube so I'll give that a pass but that capcom list is an absolute dick sucking try hard list

Ah the old "im butthurt because people aren't playing my flavor of the month throw away game"

Show me where anyone is playing any of those games to any sort of degree where they'd have enough presence to justify any sort of competitive presentation

that's partly because it was never released in english m8

Darkstalkers had more entrants at the latest Combo breaker than MvC2 and CvS2.

Im still mad about cyberbots/powered gear being dead and buried i mean what the hell is wrong with capcom they could have ride the mech bandwagon in the early 00's but they drop the ball so much lost potential

I dont think those are candy cabs, They look like some noir cabinet type of set up.
tfw dont own a head to head candy cab set up

Attached: 1366540153584.jpg (300x300, 36K)

1 out of 7. Ya got me.

These are Prime 90s capcom fighting games have more respect you fucking redditor

I read about those games before they came out in gaming magazines and I played them when they did come out but please, tell me more.

A game, like people, doesn't deserve respect just because of reputation. The only way to respect a game is to play it

Only Darkstalkers. The rest are complete filler.

>dissing on Rival Schools and Power Stone
nigga don't do that