Are they right Yea Forums?

Are they right Yea Forums?

Attached: BOTW is shit.png (808x737, 932K)

Attached: 1534618959270.jpg (1000x381, 41K)

>63 votes
from where?

Absolutely.

/trash/

Being overrated doesn't mean it's not a good game

Skyrim is more overrated

So here?

Yes. It's not even a great Zelda game. Just felt like open world ubishit

its overrated but its a great game. Its a flawed gem that got recognition. If it didnt become popular it would be considered a hidden gem but because it became big (due to zelda name) it will just be seen as overrated.

No, because Journalists are the same people who rated it high in the first place. Which means this is literally contrarianism

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-05 0j2F18P jpg (JPEG Image, 1500 × 1500 pixels) - Scaled (52%).jpg (987x863, 429K)

Can't you read? I did not say Yea Forums, I said /trash/.

It's another subjective opinions as objective facts thread.

it's a real board newfag

It's a 60 dollar tech demo that everyone praised because it was Nintendo. If it was any other game it would've gotten 7/10s like it deserves.

Cope more snoy

Breath of the wild's hype was 99% propaganda to sell consoles. If Nintendo couldn't sell consoles they were in deep, deep shit after the Wii U fuck up. Unfortunately it was just a Ubisoft/Skyrim clone, but if it meant saving Nintendo, you fucking bet their fans were going to love it to death no matter what.

Maybe it is overrated, it certainly has flaws, but BOTW is still a masterpiece.

Replace Half-Life 2 with Portal 2 and this would be a great list

I think Souls as a genre is hideously overrated. This opinion has nothing to do with Nintendo or Sony or what box the games happen to be on.

look at this newfig with no sense of sarcasm

GTA3, Alan Wake, Silent Hill 2, Majora's Mask, Shadow of the Colossus, NieR Automata and Chrono Trigger are all vastly more overrated than BotW

BotW is a legit fantastic game

Attached: _Excuse me princess.jpg (250x186, 14K)

It's the perfect troll. A mixture of good games and pure plebian normie bait games.

Anyone who isn't a newfag would've been here before /trash/ existed.
Newfags also have shitty sarcasm detection.

no

they literally just took the most popular game and put it at number 1 because it would make idiots click and post comments which is the same thing you're doing right now except with less work required but you also get nothing out of it except this (you) so basically you're even stupider than the person who made this article because at least they made like $50 or something

> The highest rated game of the century is a Sony exclusive
What went so fucking right Sonychads?

im sorry

The last console I owned was a Wii U and I bought BotW for full price. I sold it along with the console after 3 or 4 hours. It may as well be an indie physics game.

Rent Free

not even the most overrated zelda game in the last decade, skyward sword got a 90 something average when it deserves a 75 at most

>Alan Wake
how? I don't think the fanbase of that game reaches anywhere near the deafening magnitude of the others

Imagine caring about ratings over your personal appraisal of games. Why do people have a need for their appraisal to match public perception so much, do they doubt themselves so?

>NieR Automata

Does anyone actually really rate the core gameplay that highly? Everyone who talks it up invariably goes into either Yoko Taro's "epic trolling creator" shtick or faps to 2B's ass.

Bloodborn is just a Gayass Souls Game

>Bloodborne good game

> BTFO's Soulsfags, Boomers, Zoomers, Contrarians & Westcucks in the same picture
Based

>Posting an edit
Why would OP do this?

Attached: Untitled.png (655x653, 540K)

Most over rated game is easily Fortnite. you see while its truw BOTW is over rated its still at least half way decent while Fortnite is complete and total trash beyond redemption. BOTW could be saved had they wanted but the only way to save Fortnite is to burn it off the face of the earth.

Christ yes. That game is everything wrong with modern gaming.

>when the OP article is better than the original

Attached: apuf.png (720x644, 39K)

Overrated is an absolutely useless term. All it means is "a lot of people like this thing that I don't really care for, so I will use this word so I don't just feel like I'm left out"

what game?

I'm inclined to say yes because the critical praise for BotW was fucking insane. Extremely overblown. People are so desperate to get "the next Ocarina of Time" that they whip themselves up into a frenzy.

BOTW is actually underrated due to the mountains of bad faith contrarian arguments people pile on it now. Change my mind.

Attached: 1517920335469.png (653x533, 253K)

Where are you nigga’s getting these lists from

You mean sissy Dark souls Right ?

Maybe if Yea Forums was the center of the universe. Otherwise absolutely not.

Shadow of the Colossus

You mean Dark souls for sissys Right ?

Alan Wake is often cited as one of the best games in the horror genre, but the game itself is an achingly dull ordeal of killing the same enemies via the same retarded method for hours on end with few diversions.

i'd say it's more than a tech demo. i would've liked more to fill in the empty space with either stuff to look at or stuff to collect, but there was actual content where they wanted content to be.

based

Attached: 1561490599596.png (600x600, 347K)

but how is it highest rated of the century?
other games have higher scores though?

No BotW is easily in top three but Bioshock Infinite is still number 1.

Attached: 1561296856658.jpg (640x501, 49K)

I have to agreed its so overated that bethesda thought they were king.

>kitchen sink game
>innovation

lmao no. Innovation comes from working within constraints, like 2016 doom.

bloodborne wasn't even best 2015

This and also any FO game.

Probably because Review scores weren’t taken into consideration since those are influenced solely by marketing & brand recognition

Attached: 1515210571089.png (700x913, 365K)

BotW's reception wasn't surprising to me at all. it was the exact game people wanted: Skyrim in Zelda clothing with gay studio ghibli meme graphics, sold as the flagship title for a new console. what I do find surprising, even sickening, is that actually fans of the series could call iy a better game than Ocarina of Time, or even a great game in general. despite coming out in 1998, the level of detail, quality of design and overall fun factor of OoT so vastly outweighs this steaming pile of putrid trash that I have a hard time believing anyone, even young children, could derive more enjoyment from it. OoT was tight, incredibly well-paced, had a great balance of combat/exploration/puzzle solving, anf would rarely repeat itself. BotW is a meandering jizz wad that prides itself on 120 near-identical mini dungeons snd gameplay that largely focuses on eithet climbing up rocks or running along a grass field picking up herbs and mushrooms. it is not Zelda, it isn't even a good game. it's every bad idea, mechanic and trope from the last decade mixed into one semi presentable experience and served on a silver platter to shit eating retards.

but what gives that game the title of highest rated game of the century if reviewer scores aren't taken into consideration?
because if we use reviewer scores, Ocarina of Time is still the top, and technically
this gen, Breath of the Wild and/or Mario Odyssey have the better scores
so im still confused

witcher 3 and fallout 4 fucking sucked in comparison though.

Probably whatever games are listed on “Top game lists” from journalists the most times

>kitchen sink game
>THE DOOR IS LOCKED KILL THE ENEMY WAVES 2016 was innovative
holy fuck

Attached: 1562297228397.jpg (880x800, 124K)

mgsv was kino tho

Nope. BotW is still one of the best games ever made.

It ain't just Yea Forums

Attached: trannyera.jpg (1757x391, 88K)

MGSV was absolutely shit though

yes, it's innovation lies in the fact that it makes locked door enemy waves fun to do. It's not reinventing anything.

Just like how BOTW is somehow entertaining on the other side of endless open world filler shit that has been done to death since GTA 3.

Attached: 1561278113116.png (756x636, 96K)

>Does anyone actually really rate the core gameplay that highly?
I would like to hear what you consider as its "core gameplay", and what you think is so bad about it.
Not to mention if you let a game like SH2 slide, you're one huge hypocrite.

>it's innovation lies in the fact that it makes locked door enemy waves fun to do
No, it does not. It not only butchered the style and feel of THE biggest FPS game series ever made, by turning it into yet another wave-survival "arena" shooter, all while not having the guts, tech and skill to go all out with the new design and actually make them big, varied and epic, like in PK and SS games.

nuDuum is unironically one of the most boring and overhyped shit I have ever played during my 25 years of sentient life.

Nintendo exclusives: are ridiculously overrated
Sony exclusives are: ridiculously overrated
Microsoft and PC games: HA HA HA!

Attached: Cryptkeeper.jpg (1200x800, 159K)

>but there was actual content where they wanted content to be
This is can describe literally any piece of shit open world game. This is an incredibly stupid point.

Attached: 1438135564873.jpg (250x182, 5K)

The core gameplay is repetitive generic crap games were doing a decade prior, the world is shit that barely makes sense and also has hardly anything to do, and the characters are uninteresting except for A2, and you don't even get to see or play her for 80% of each playthrough.

it's an extremely overrated game that's average at best but Yea Forums is going to hyper-praise it every chance they get because "MUH JRPG!!!" when in reality they just think they love it because they enjoy the hentai on R34.

no that award goes to undertale in which people were claiming it's the best game ever created

Literally who.

>BOTW is actually underrated due to the mountains of bad faith contrarian arguments people pile on it now. Change my mind.
>t. Glockfag

Attached: varied disgust.png (726x187, 302K)

This.

>Super Mario World is a good game, but it's still a game. It doesn't have any subtle themes or phylosophy [sic].
>While Undertale is a game for people who FEEL games.

A memorable quote from a GameFAQs user helping vote Undertale into victory in that one Game of the Year poll.

That's what you took away from my post you /k/mart tard? I hate glocks too

who cares

Considering BotW tried desperately to be a Souls game with the combat I'd say this is accurate

Is that why combat is one of the most brainless things about BOTW? If it didn't have physics fuckery it would be dire

>sony exclusive won in Yea Forumsnintendogaf
that say a lot

This but unironically.

I loved BoTW and I loved Bloodborne, now what?

No, that would be TLOU.