First time playing re2

HOLY FUCK can Leon and Claire run ANY FUCKING SLOWER? they can't even dodge fast enough from G and the Tyrant!

Attached: re2sprint.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

You sound bad

Attached: ADB099A1-56A7-4896-997E-027E5E97BCB5.jpg (640x626, 142K)

REmake 2 is pretty mediocre gameplay-wise. It pretty much just gets by on nostalgia. If it was a brand new IP with this gameplay nobody would even give it the time of day for being so basic.

Use the quick turn button faggot.

Attached: 2019.07.05-23.00.png (1920x1080, 3.34M)

>takes 10 shots in the head to kill a basic zombie
>they're just pretending, you have to spend 5 more bullets to kill them
>J-JUST RUN AWAY THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DO
It's fucking boring.

Did you PCfags turn off the borked screen space reflections or leave them on? The reflections in that flooded east hallway were gorgeous, but I turned it off early on because of the nasty pixelly smears it causes in other spots.

Bullshit. Trash horror games like Outlast are lauded by people, if this came out as an original title, it would've bee noticed

God bless the men and women of the Raccoon City Police Department who lost their lives battle the T-Virus menace.

Attached: leon_murders_marvin.webm (1280x720, 2.34M)

All I ever did was shoot them once in the head to stagger them and run by. By the time I left the police station most of them were already dead from random head explosions anyway. I never bothered to fight a single licker or dog after the first try. A licker took a swing at me so I unloaded on it with the shotgun, it totally just no-sells all 3 hits and continued it's attack animation. After that I said fuck it and ran by everything. Even though dogs and lickers are both fast enough to hit you from behind when you're running the game gives you so many herbs it's never a problem.

it's not a fucking action game you retard

Attached: 1557939040614.png (930x894, 398K)

I kept it on
>nasty pixelly smears
not entirely sure what you mean by this. I did get some weird shadows on the surface of the brownish marble in the main hall but idk which setting was responsible for that. Didn't bother me much though.

Yeah, I figured that out pretty quickly. It's also not a fun one.

If I wanted to jog from room to room just dodging enemy attacks I'd speed run Dark Souls.

>Mediocre third-person shooter controls
>Health and ammo literally everywhere
>Braindead easy puzzles
>Tyrant is a totally ineffectual retard

It's basically just RE4 with a RE2 skin and worse shooting.

And yet Outlast is just a shitty run from le spooky man game and is worse than RE2 yet people eat that shit up. People are starved for even average horror games

>casually blows Marvin's head off when Mr.X is chasing him

Attached: laughing valle.png (281x326, 224K)

Wrong. Cod kiddies might not but why would RE fans give a fuck that 5-6 million action fags vacate the fanbase and things return to normal?

Outlast is also a cheapo indie game with no DLC or special pre-order editions to milk nostalgiafags with.

modern gamers everyone

>treats game like action game
>loses hard.
I mean you sound boring.

>things return to normal?

I wish.

Welcome to resident evil, enjoy your stay/

So its not for you, but its held in high regard by people that do.

>It's basically just RE4 with a RE2 skin

This is how you know we are posting with people that didn't even bother to play the game

ahhh yes the special 70$ edition with extra music and the free DLC you use to milk people. I forgot about those.

>its held in high regard by people that do.

Is it? It seems pretty lukewarm now that the hype is gone.

People are STILL bad at this game?

Go ahead and tell me how I'm wrong.

>well hurr i certainly didn't notice

Cool head canon i guess.

I was looking up a bunch of opinions on it the other day after playing it for the first time. The general consensus was "It's okay but doesn't replace the original RE2 in the same way that REmake replaced RE1"

Does walking past lickers still work? I'm trying it on gamepad and they still detect me even walking as slowly as possible.

>I was looking up a bunch of opinions on it the other day
>REmake replaced RE1
Lemme guess, you found these opinions on reddit.

It worked for me when I played

All over the place, included archived Yea Forums threads.

REmake did completely replaced RE1 anyway. If someone only played REmake I would say they could play the original if they really wanted to experience it, but it's not mandatory. If you only play REmake 2 you're missing out on story and actual A/B scenarios.

RE4 is a horror themed action game where the player is encouraged to eliminate enemies swiftly in large groups for reward, these rewards come in the form of ammo surplus to the scripted ammo found in locations throughout the game, this ammo increase allows you to continue removing every enemy from each room to continue earning rewards such as gold which can be used to incrementally upgrade all weapons via RPG like stats to improve effective stopping power and increase ammo count. However, the game although providing you with lots of ammo encourages you to dispatch LARGE crowds of enemies via the use of QTE prompts in which one carefully stunned enemy staggered can cause devestation to the enemies around it with a well timed QTE martial art attack. Puzzles have been left as unimportant part of gameplay and usually involves getting a simple key whilst managing hordes as you try to gain access to them, it feels like puzzles are an afterthought simply to break up the pace fonsimply executing groups of villagers from room to room. RE4 is also more linear than previous entries and although the Village section in the beggining has some forced backtracking on a neat little path you cannot mess up, most of the game is aimply moving foward in one direction, dispatching mostly all enemies in the room, picking up rewards left by the dispatched enemies and then moving foward again. The game is even broken up into particular chapters rather than being a long continious run of one game.

In short, RE4 is about clearing each linear room of enemies and items, trying to maximise kills with placed QTEs and moving on to the next room and doing the same thing again in hopes of more reward drops.

Please play REmake 2 just like this.

REmake 1 doesn't replace RE1 either though. Its an aside, just like REmake 2 is to RE2. Stop being a fucking newfag as you just outed yourself to be, the actual fans are talking here.

>Played almost every game in the series since the first one came out
>Don't like this one
>lel not a real fan

Fanboys are such pathetic fucking cock suckers, it makes me sick.

The game is tricking you. NEVER walk slow. Walk at full pace. They WILL be "script" alerted as in, they will wake up and slowly follow your footseps so get walking and DONT bump into them physically. They are only ATTACK alerted when you finally run or fire. The game is trying to spook you into running. Dont panic just because they clearly heard your walking, you can get close as fuck too btw, dont coward out if they are on a wall just DONT actually touch them, walk at full pace and you will pass.

>waaaaah why wont fan boys let me join the fan club

fuck off not every game you dont like that others do invalidate them either, for example: fuck RE5. Maybe you like it, but i dont. But i certainly did play it and dont tell new anons to fucking skip it because im not the biggest fan, maybe they will like it. Only retards think RE1 has nothing to offer players.

It's perfectly fine to skip RE1.

>just found out RE is not an action series
>long time fan

Attached: 1529442154506.jpg (529x462, 36K)

>>waaaaah why wont fan boys let me join the fan club

What a fucking retarded thing to say. Why would I want to be a fanboy? I'm able to admit that things I like have problems.

B scenario is so lazy

I'm not OP. There's more than two people in this thread, user.

>He thinks RE2 is a tough completion
Once you S+ standard and get the RL, that shit is piss easy. Now REmake -- there's a challenge.

Attached: 1534677415428.png (817x97, 20K)

In the same way that it's perfectly fine to have 6 as your first RE game, I guess.

Try getting 100% completion in Outbreak 2 if you want a real challenge.

Attached: Bookletus.jpg (1357x2139, 559K)

Have you played RE1

Are the Outbreak games even worth playing without multiplayer? I've passed on them all these years because I figured that multiplayer was the only point to them.

So am i, for example RE5 and RE6 (both games in a series i am a fan of) were shit fucking games. There look, i can also admit things i like have problems. Maybe dont assume me a fanboy.

Yeah, I played it when it first came out.

>He thinks RE2 is a tough completion

No...? Hence why i called OP bad? That was the point? Nice projection though.

I'm sorry, I'm just trying to provoke an argument.

why haven't they remastered outbreak

right so you experienced it and now tell other anons from a supposed place of authority to not experience it themselves. Why would you do this? Do you follow your own advice with games? I bet you do not.

They can still be fun, and you can play on private servers if you really want to experience the multiplayer. I've heard that the people that run the servers are supreme autists though, so I dunno if it's worth it. Definitely worth it to at least try single player though.

Because Cacpcom are a bunch of assholes.

>Now REmake -- there's a challenge

lmao no

Attached: CAC2280C-88AF-4C99-B59E-9EBA3A7CCD0B.jpg (640x959, 158K)

You probably played on easy with alternate controls for the tougher achivements while looking up a speedrun walkthrough.

Attached: 1549780973258.jpg (500x500, 60K)

I never told anyone not to experience it. Just that it's not necessary. If someone plays REmake and likes it and wants to see where the series really started, then go for it. If you tell someone who's never played RE to start with RE1 they're going to think it's fucking garbage and not want to try the series any further. You and I might both have nostalgia for the original, but you can't let that cloud your judgement.

AHAHAHAHA STAY BTFO FAGGOT, REmake is RE2 tier difficulty you pleb. Stop outing yourself.

>Handicapping yourself when you won't get acknowledged for doing it

Attached: 1537713670615.jpg (800x450, 33K)

It's part of the gameplay to determine which zombies are worth killing and which you should just shoot to stagger and run past. You can also save ammo by shooting off legs and stabbing them on the ground. You sound like a zoomer who never played a classic RE in your life.

Attached: 1557178977529.gif (480x270, 528K)

You dont NEED to make REmake easier though, hes being a faggot for actually thinking you need a speed run guide its one of the easier RE games.

>r-reeeeeee stop dunking on me

You tried to do the same thing about REmake 2 cheevos, except you outed yourself at the same time. Get fucked. Drink your own medicine.

Just walked past one as licker. Shame, I wanted to see that Hinca-P animation in-game haha
had my dick out and all haha

explain.
I'm doing Claire B

This entire opinion reeks of faggotry

it's poorly executed. You don't determine shit, you just realize they're all on godmode so instead of headshotting you shoot their fucking limbs off.
>zombie game
>literally 3 same zombies the entire game.