Idea Factory/Compil Heart

Thoughts on Dragon Star Varnir? Are you looking forward to Death End re;Quest 2?

Where's the next mainline Neptunia?

Attached: Dragon Star VARNIR_20190629041207.jpg (1920x1080, 520K)

>Death End re;Quest 2?
flopped?

>Compile Heart has announced (via Famitsu) Death end re;Quest 2.

>The new sequel was announced for PlayStation 4, in the latest Famitsu.

>While details are scant, the game features a new heroine designed by Kei Nanameda, and a story penned by Makoto Kedouin, which players who haven’t experienced the original can even enjoy.

3 days ago. It's confirmed.

Attached: Death end re;Quest_20190222035215.jpg (1920x1080, 390K)

Recommend me some Compile Heart games.

The 4 mainline Nept games, Fairy Fencer F, Death End, Varnir and Mary Skelter.

Attached: Dragon Star VARNIR_20190629041118.jpg (1920x1080, 310K)

Neptunia re-birth games
Fairy fencer f
Death and Re:Quest

Forgot to mention, when it comes to Nep games you should always play the remakes. Rebirth 1, 2, and 3, and VIIR. In this order.

The original Nep games on the PS3 are garbage, as are all the spin-offs except 4GO.

Attached: 1549891068004.jpg (960x540, 97K)

>The girls’ names are Mai Touyama (voiced by Chiwa Saitou), Rotten Dollheart (voiced by Madoka Asahina), and Liliana Piata (voiced by Manaka Iwami).
>ROTTEN DOLLHEART
Glorious.

>Occult horror-related developments will occur there, with the occult concentration for the sequel being a 200 percent increase over the first game.
I hope so. The world needs more horror RPGs.

All of them are shovelware. They are quite literally the most generic JRPGs you will ever find. The stories are garbage, the characters are bland tropes and the gameplay is easy and generic. Don't bother.

I like the new direction they games are going. Each one has more suffering than the previous.

Attached: Dragon Star VARNIR_20190617145408.jpg (1920x1080, 208K)

Had no idea Varnir was out, how is it?

Just play Death end Re:Quest. Better game.

The 2D Neptunia RPG was really shit. Goddamn canadians.

What did you expect? It was hated in Japan and had like a 90% discount on the first month. Don't understand why they bothered localizing it.

Fights are not position based, you select skills and targets like a traditional turn-based RPG. Battles are fought in the air so you need to worry about layers.

You get skills by devouring enemies. Most of the time you will not win by reducing HP to 0 but rather by eating enemies up.

The ending depends on whether you can keep picture related alive and how much insanity you accumulate.

I'd say they're both good. Varnir is actually a fucking hard game too, unlike DErQ.

Attached: Dragon Star VARNIR_20190602134920.jpg (1920x1080, 431K)

Eh, I'm having no problems. Hell I stopped playing it out of boredom and went back to Crash.

Castle Panzer if you understand enough moon.

Trash. No.

Not anytime soon, it seems.

Did you turn up the difficulty to maximum? It keeps the game interesting.

I'll be the first to admit that it's exactly what you'd expect from CH, it's JRPG fast food basically. But if you've liked any of their previous games I don't see why you'd dislike Varnir.

Attached: Dragon Star VARNIR_20190627050410.jpg (1920x1080, 167K)

>the best CH game will never be translated
Poor EOPs

Is the ration of VN to game the same throughout Death End? I'm on chapter 2, sometimes I just want to play a game, you know?

Because I'd rather be playing better games. I still haven't finished that one squad based game either. Forgot the name, everybody looks wooden though. Dark something? Meh.

Galapagos based RPGs. I usually go for them as they don't completely rely on fanservice.

>turn on auto-read
>pick up guitar or drumsticks
>practice while VN plays out
It's not perfect but it's manageable so far. I'm only in chapter 2 as well though so I can't answer if it changes at all.

Fellistella team when they're doing a proper game and not a port. Castle Panzer is amazing and Azur Lane looks pretty damn good so far and Seven Pirates while not amazing is very nice for those with a BE fetish.

It does have more conversations and scenes than the average IF/CH game but it all has a purpose. It needs to deliver just how horrible their fates are.

Attached: Dragon Star VARNIR_20190608164732.jpg (1920x1080, 564K)

It's about that ratio but does lighten up a little when you get deeper into the game.
CH were pretty clear about this game being a fusion of JRPG and ADV so the amount of reading was to be expected. I imported it so I don't know how IFI went about talking about it but if they didn't mention there'd be far more reading than normal that's a problem on their end.
So no, that's about how long you'll be reading as standard.

Since you didn't import DERQ did IFI explain clearly that the game was meant to have more reading because of the genre fusion?

I barely ever used gender changes on my playthrough.

No, genre fusion as in how the game is both a standard JRPG(Shina's side) and an Adventure game(VN)(Arata's side) because that's why there's so much more reading this time around.

Da fuq is gender fusion?

GENRE not gender
and I just explained it in that same post.

Was it really that bad? I was thinking of getting it as a basic introduction to Neptunia.

Get the mainline games for Neptunia

Yes. Didn't play it, but going by Japanese user reviews, it's shit.
Play rebirth 1 if you want to get into Neptunia.

I did play it(Nip version, the CE goods were worth it)
It's got a number of issues with jank far more so than any normal Nep game, the menus don't remember where you were previously making stat and attack changes tedious as fuck, the battle system is ok but questionably implemented at times. The bugs are obnoxious when they happen and there's an issue of lack of responsiveness with finishing battles.
Those are the issues I had with it. Story and art was fine though. The actual game... not so much.

why aren't they porting this straight to steam?

fuck consoles

>Story and art was fine though
So the not-Canadian parts. No surprise here.

The console version literally has to exist for a port to happen. If you mean why aren't they developing it on PC first. CH don't do the PC ports, that's IFI's doing. That's why the PC version doesn't exist until the game comes west.

Tsunako was on point with her regional character designs. The different clothing the NPCs wore specific to each of the 4 nations was amazingly executed. Story had some call backs to RB1's true end which was nice to see.

Trying to play Nep RPG and I'm not having any fun.
I just got Vert so I'm not very far. Does it get any better? From the thread I'm guessing no.
Combat is literally nothing more than mashing attack, the main story is an endless game of find the next random cutscenes trigger, every other NPC has some boring as fuck fetch quest, and just moving around in general feels bad.

No. Like I said(guy who imported from Moonland), the only things that are actually good are the art since Tsunako did an amazing job with her designs and the story for its call backs to RB1's true end. Otherwise it's not getting any better.

>a new heroine designed by Kei Nanameda

isnt the new heroine that programmer girl from the real world? looks a lot like her

If you mean Shina, then no, she's just a recurring cast member, if you mean Rin, then again no, they look nothing alike.
Also the game takes place predominantly in Europe this time not Japan.

anyone noticed that CH games with male characters are better than the rest

i wonder why

Since you know its not gonna fully pander on yuri at least.

Suprisingly derq2 takes after the true end, or at least seems so, what with the girls staying in real life forms for combat, makes sense with the fuckery that happened

Worthless leaf studio.
Can you give me a tl:dr of the RB1 references and basic plot so I don't waste more of my time?

i meant the girl on the right, dont remember her name, looks just like her with longer hair, blue haired megane also looks like another character from 1

Attached: Death-end-reQuest_20190216154515.jpg (3840x2160, 1.01M)

Thats a maybe, the guy voiced by Sugita is somehiw back after all

RB1 references are mainly centered around Arfoire with the character Croire(Purified Arfoire). She retains her memories of Nep and co and guides them to a degree. The baddies are a group who think all games should be 2D and 3D games are evil and they plan to destroy any that exist. I don't remember some bits near the end but there's a piece of music that's really important(Came as sheet music with the CE in Japan) to the leader of the organization. There's some shit I don't 100% remember but they eventually all make nice and hang out in the hotspring before Nep and co head home.
It's not a bad story and the RB1 call backs with Croire/Arfoire are nice but it's not a super memorable story.

first time I heard of Castle Panzer, what's so good about it?

Peak of the ecchi genre

A few things. First it takes the system that Seven Pirates attempted to do where growing the breasts would adjust stat distribution entirely. Instead they went with how the stats distribute so growing boobs or butt increased Atk stats, Firmness increased Def stats, etc. 7Pirates used a triangular stat reference where growing tits increased ATK but dropped SPD, Firmness increased DEF but dropped ATK, etc. because the balance was absolutely terrible and favored ATK builds almost exclusively.
So it took a mechanic idea then expanded and refined it and made it feel good to use.
Gameplay is fun and has some decent strategic elements since it isn't a standard JRPG but a Strategy RPG. The castle tank and growing it makes for nice progression.
In terms of story all the characters play off each other really well, Alex is a great MC with amazing voice work, Sugita is on point as Otton, he's able to play off of the female characters far better than 7P where he was severely lacking, then again personalities in 7P were really flat. The party members are well written and have their charms but play off each other well and the side cast are all very fun with their interactions. All the male characters are well done and the VAs are clearly having a great time(first bad guy you hear talking especially is having a great time). The OST is solid.
It's just a really great game in the ecchi genre like said. It's the best fanservice game where both the fanservice AND the game are solid.
It's a game that stands on it's own merits outside of fanservice and the fanservice only adds to the game's quality.

I'm dying inside because we'll never get a localized version because ecchi is the anti-Christ according to the west.

Time to learn Japanese then, the language in this game in particular was very basic. Shouldn't take too long.
And yeah this game is a never-ever in English, you power up party members by fondling their tits and asses.

The girl on the right looks cute

This is why more English language Asia releases need to happen.

Otton, the penis seal from Moero?

He's a recurring character in all Genkai Tokki games.

He's the mascot of Genkai Tokki. Sugita does an amazing job since it's basically him as a penis seal. Right down the pervy nature and being a total bro to the male characters.

Why was Moeru Chronicles the only one in the series to get English subs?

Because the sequels are about breast expansion, how do you think the west will handle that?

>Dragon Star Varnir

Attached: Annotation 2019-06-20 204252.jpg (776x629, 63K)

Crystal was meant to get an A-E but that got cancelled. Rumors say it was that IFI was looking to release Crystal officially and this fucked with the relationship between CH and the A-E localizers as they were promised Crystal first and since they have a proper division for localization now they technically don't need to do this extra localizing for Asian regions as 90% of their games get through. The exclusion of course being Genkai Tokki and for some reason Tokyo Clanpool.
Of course these aren't proven rumors so take them with a grain of salt.

Big Nep!