An thread about actual videogames

can we take a minute to talk about this game please?
I got it the other day on sale and cant stop playing it
Im having alot of fun
should I get the DLCs too? how are those?
also demolitionist best class soldier incels and occultist virgins need not apply

Attached: 59e068b5ae653af2ea466435.jpg (323x433, 27K)

I would personally. I love the game to death though so I may be biased, but if you like it, a bit more of it in a slightly different way tends to be welcome. The devs actually give a shit about it too, however I do question their choices at times.

Get all the dlcs, it's a great game and the devs are actually good.

First DLC is very much worth it, second is great but doesn't add as much content, I'd get both.

Only played Ashes of Malmouth but that addon was top tier.

it's pretty fun until you start grinding for ultimate. it's not the sort of arpg you can max out a character immediately, last i checked only kreigs set can be farmed deterministically so most people recommend rolling a death knight to farm legendaries in the crucible since apparently the latest expacs endless mode doesn't give shit. so get ashes of malmouth atleast.

inb4 nightblade autists shit up the thread

what is ultimate?

>no online competitive features
whats even the point?

I like it but I wish the game had more genuinely good caster builds. Almost all the caster builds are more about spamming spells in melee than standing back and bringing hellish death down on everything like a proper caster.

the highest difficulty. this game is like other arpgs in that you beat it, then just beat it on the higher difficulty, and so on. a tip is focus on your resistances when you're looking at gear over like everything else, each difficulty increase deletes a certain percent of all resistance, and that resistance is what actually saves your ass a lot of damage vs just defensive stat. the bitch is farming 80% resistance(which is the cap) on ultimate while also juggling the set bonuses and stats you need to kill anything, which can be hard to do when the odds of getting a piece that works for you is extremely low. crafting can fill a lot of these gaps, but really it;s a game for making alts.

there's an inquis arcanist meteor build i believe

I dont really care for that endgame shit
Im gonna beat it just once completely and then be done with it
I play it just for the setting and the immersion

If you like the base game, then the DLC is certainly worth it.

then you made a good purchase. the setting is interesting and it feels suitably cool when it ends. i kinda spaced out on the last quarter of it story wise but it's a good game

It's a pretty good game. I only have the base game right now as of a year ago but I'm gonna be getting the two expansions so I can play as a necromancer and run through the new content too.

Played as a Pyromancer (Demolitionist+Occultist, I believe?) where my strategy more or less involved just spamming as many explosives as I possibly could hoping the enemy wouldn't kill me. It was super fun but I was incredibly squishy and some of the later dungeon areas were pretty gnarly.

Try Path of Exile now. It's free.

fuck off with that autistic cancer trash with forced multiplayer garbage filled with third world literal human waste

grim dawn is the only game ever I played for a long ass time (250+ hours) and ultimately feel extremely dissatisfied with, making me feel like I wasted all that time

it's weird, since I played even more of diablo 2 and other recent games like nioh, but never had that feeling

guess it's just something in the way the make gd, that makes it feel like a pointless and hollow experience

Literally just play alone. It's a game where you can chose to play however you want. There's even a mode where you can't party nor trade, like a single player game.

i keep trying to get into PoE i just hate the camera and the six billion currencies and shit. I much prefer GD's dynamic camera and gold systems.

its when you realize that everyone that showcases a maxed build is either a no lifer and using cheat engine because the gear grind is so stacked against you

op here
I killed the bandit leader went through Old Arkadia ruins and now I found the waypoint on the other side of the cave and have to go toward the farmlands
what does Offensive Capability and Defensive Capability stats even mean?

OA=DPS
DA= doesn't matter, only max resistances

I see
is there any way to respec the three stats points you see in the character window?
constitution spirit and cunning?
because I think I have dumped a little too much into cunning
I found the priestess in the prison but it seems like she only lets me respec actual class skill points and devotion points not stats

Yeah there are respec potiond for stats.

whats it called?
do you know where to get it?

the level max is 120 so don't stress a couple misplaced points. one problem this game has is physique controls damage and health so every build mostly invests in it, and split between spirit and cunning. spirit is energy and magic damage cunning is crit chance and shit, just dump most all into physique and you'll be fine

Quests. You can also get it as a drop in the crucible I think. Just keep playing.

Since when is it 120? I called at 100

shidd and piss it's 100 you right

o-okay thanks!
Im going for a melee two handed demolitionist and maxed the molotov bottle + the skill that reserves mana to give me fire damage and as primary attack the fire attack thing which I think does the same
devotion I went bat and rat for now
should I even bother dumping any points in cunning?
for what I have understood constitution is for melee cunning is for ranged and guns and spirit is for magic and pets

>online competitive features in a pve game about grinding random loots
what's even the point

you know you can choose two masteries right

Just make your own build, the reason caster builds stand in melee is because they can, make a pure glass cannon caster and you'll wish you could tank like they do.

>playing grimarillion
>realize the zenith masteries are hilariously broken, necrotic especially
>feel bored of them and want to make a vampire-esque build
>can't figure out what vitality/chaos combination would be cool
FUCK

but I like demolitionist
is there another class that can give me on hit bonuses on attacks but that doesnt force me to replace my primaty attack skill?
like I wanna keep the fire attack as primary and the molotov as secondary because I already maxed them

is grimarillion worth a try

go pyromancer, demolitionist+occultist. chaos+fire damage. it's fucking dumbass strong, lots of fun.

OA is hit chance and crit chance
DA is chances of not being hit and crit

Both are pretty much meaningless early on and absolutely critical in the endgame.

Every one I see uses melee range spells. They dont have a choice.

It's good for the class combos actually synching together somewhat, since it's made for all 30 masteries to work together with items and shit, but Zenith and Grimmest are awful. The fact that Grimmest is no longer an optional download and you have to disable the hero spawns is so fucking dumb and annoying, not to mention the item to enable the settings seems to dupe itself ever now and then, clogging more inventory space than it should.

okay!
is there some kind of guide for it?
I really want back the points I put into cunning tho since Im not using ranged weapons anymore
what is the respec potion called so I can look it up and try to get it as soon as possible?

goddamn dude use fucking google holy shit lmao

Soldier would give you all the passive defense your need and the blitz which is a charge you can put just 1 point into for mobility

DLCs haven't dropped in price a whole lot. My understanding is that Forgotten Gods is the last DLC of the title (maybe to ramp up work on... Grim Dawn 2?).

I'm real streaky with ARPGs; They're great to play for 2-3 weeks but then I won't touch them for months. They're also a bit loot-grindy for my tastes.

this, insisting on maintaining fucking slow ass gameplay for so long before finally caving on autoloot and movement abilities with FG just really has me scratching my head. I know they didn't want it to be PoE but I just feel like it wouldn't have been a hard thing to implement in a balanced way from the beginning, and slow gameplay was one of the big things that turned people off to the game

Ran a blood pop build before the dlcs, but then a patch fucked the damage. I should jump back into it since I had just started.

I went to this site called grimtools.com clicked on the build calculator and all that appe

Attached: Annotation 2019-07-05 101157.jpg (1326x636, 170K)

Hit the book icon, that'll let you see the skills.

Addons are still super expensive...

Attached: 1406837448853.jpg (400x266, 37K)

>game is called action RPG
>it's boring as fuck
What did the devs mean by this?

>Demo is best class
Only if you do Inquisitor demo. Make sure you get the dlc op while you can. Inquistor and necro are fun. I haven't tried the new class in the forgotten gods dlc.

OA determines hitting and critting. DA chance of getting hit and crit. Far from unimportant unless you're fine with not doing damage or dying.

The new class is boring and the most generic piece of shit ever.

Everything is called ARPG nowadays, I prefer when these were called hack&slash, it's more fitting for a genre where you slash your way through hordes of weak enemies

Forgotten Gods at least in the early time of it being released was dominated by a soldier/oathkeeper set. Don't know if it ever got nerfed but it had something to do with Forcewave iirc

For the OP it wont matter, those stats hardly mean dick until mid Elite, if that. This game is a massive face roll, until it suddenly isnt. Then its all build quality and luck

They somehow made an even more boring class than soldier? How is that possible?

It's just a shield dude with a shield throw that is already in every game ever made and an attack that sucks enemies in that is on a cool down.

Nah, OK is what Soldier wish it was. A shield class with actually fun actives.

I have little hope for crates next game with how boring their additions have been, almost feels like they got lucky with vanilla gd but I want them to do better because even with its massive flaws it's my favorite current arpg

poe is great but there is value in enjoying GD

>no constant connession problems caused by GGG shitty netcode
>can actually play hardcore-mode without regretting being born
>game isn't built around trade bullshit and currency bullshit
>more frequent good drops because of the above point
>large personal inventory makes SSD not a necessity. it's not fun to go to town every 2 minutes on POE.
>slower and more reasonable "dodge the ultimate attack" gameplay. you can actually see your health drop and react instead of being oneshot by everything
>gameplay based around a rotation of multiple skills with cooldown rather than 6 linking one skill and spam just that
>better target farming linked to bosses
>can cheat.you played your HC character while drunk and he 'unfairly' died? resurrect.it's your 5th playthrough and you don't enjoy early levelling? cheat up on level,shrines or quests to skip ahead.want more stashes?test a build? cheat an item? sure.
>hand made map with randomized mobs feels incredibly better than schizophrenic randomly generated maps, for at least the first 3-4 characters.
>you can passively enjoy the story and atmosphere a little bit. on poe you get nothing unless you stop and read through garbage.
> costs only 5-10$ more than poe including the good DLCs.PoE is not free: it costs a fair 20-25$ in stashes to enjoy it at the base level and not go insane

>every build I see
>doesn't make his own when he can literally have what he wants in the game
Are you trying to establish a meta in a non online game and shitting on your fun because of if how fucking stupid can you be user?

There is and always has been a meta in GD though. Its always been a game that heavily favors face tanking physique builds, because the developers decided to make the game be about dodging big attacks and positioning while somehow also forgetting to put movement skills in the game

For the OP sure since he's only playing it once. Others who maybe interested in going further may take it out of context and think they're not worth anything.

Well I was clearly talking to the OP you big dumb retard

OP is not the only one reading thread. I'm trying avoid creating more retards that think OA and DA are worthless.

You still have to dodge big boss attacks like Log's poison vomit, most attacks from AoM and FG final bosses as well as most nemeses attacks that aren't their auto attack.
Sure you can still find builds that ignore those but in most cases you have to actively reposition yourself many times during some fights, the named open world bosses in FG are also pretty tough in ultimate.
I don't think giving everyone evasion skills was a good idea in a game that's more about numbers than mechanical skill, I hate quasi-one-shot skills like Alexander's meteor for the same reason. This genre should be smarter than that.