Dragon quest IV

dragon quest IV

Attached: DQIV.jpg (1200x1081, 233K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1dmHeJSBnyl
vocaroo.com/i/s0BsPYIJM3XD
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Heard it was great but never played it. Currently playing 5 on my DS Lite.

Good game.

Attached: D8IPl5GUwAAgJZt.jpg orig.jpg (2110x1534, 227K)

I hope some DQ titles make their way to the Switch once XIS drops. Playing VIII would be great.

>DS has no party chat
>Phone has shitty controls
Why isn't there a DS patch with party chat fuck. I already played V and VI I want to play this one too.

I played it on mobile. I honestly didn't feel it added much. It was all very basic observations about the story point or location.

I would honestly buy collections of DQ on the Switch desu. “Roto Trilogy Collection” (I, II, III), “Zenithian Trilogy Collection” (IV, V, VI). Shit just put the whole main series on the damn thing, I’ll get it. Easier, and probably way cheaper, than trying to chase them down now lol.

help

Attached: why2.jpg (384x287, 71K)

I want to replay V, but I'm not sure if I'l finish it by the time XIS releases and I don't want to feel burned out

i have recently gotten very into DQ and the weird accents are the only thing i don't like

Attached: tumblr_p4h39kFM0T1qlh9h7o1_500.gif (500x500, 269K)

every other country is mostly comprehensible so just power through chapter 1.

vocaroo.com/i/s1dmHeJSBnyl

I would like someone on Yea Forums who can do way better scottish impressions read off dialogue from Ragnar's chapter

Never played a DQ game. Whats the best one to pay first?

Played 1,3,4, and 5 so far and 4 was my 2nd favorite. 6 isn’t so bad so far.

Either 1 to play 3 or 4 to play 5, 8 is also acceptable. Don’t start with 7

Played through 1-3 and found them all really good, 3 almost lost me on the open world part but I got through it. That merchant/yellow orb quest must've been ground breaking for the time in some ways.

Playing 4 right now, it's fucking great.
Can't wait to get to 5. Music is so good in the mobile version. I'm planning to skip 6 and go right to 7. They look so nice emulated.

Attached: MEmu_2019-07-04_20-42-55.png (566x422, 361K)

I, III, IV, V, VIII, and XI are all good to start with, but I'd wait on XI until the switch version comes out with extra content.

Don’t skip 6 it’s not bad, if you actually played 2 you can play 6

Great game. I started playing VI, died on Murdaw after having a lot of trouble, turned off my ds after forgetting to save, and now I feel a bit jaded because I lost some progress. I'm trying to decide whether to pick it up again in hopes of it redeeming itself to me and no longer having a bad taste left in my mouth, or to just quit and play something else. Anybody know any good easy strategies for beating Murdaw, both phases? This is the fight after just getting Nevan.

Attached: 1540168282173.jpg (630x627, 102K)

The game isn't that long, especially if you have already played it. If you are focusing on playing it there is no way you wouldn't finish by the end of the month.

DQ is one of those series were you can almost jump in anywhere and have a good time. But usually people start with either the first three games or 4-5 or 8. I'd probably start with 8

"I'm wondering if that tower to the west has something to do with it all, but I don't have the first clue how to get inside." There you go. No need tae thank me.

Damn there's a part of me that wants to but I keep hearing it's the weakest. I'm sure that it's fine enough but I'm really excited to get to 7, 8 and 11 especially.

I really want to skip some to get to those faster but maybe I will try 6 again.

it's honest to god just the 'tur' that threw this off completely for me too lol. Once I figured out it was Tower it made sense.

How are you supposed to understand what he's saying

6 is the weakest from 3 to 8, it’s still good and way way better than 2. It’s not a bad game or anything

Try and say it out loud, or at least try thinking it. It's all phonetic.

I'm currently playing the NES version, it may be my favorite Dragon Quest game so far. I'd recommend trying it.

Attached: 1562189890370.jpg (819x1024, 133K)

Play XI

Attached: 8ca1707b7aead9e33d874d6cb05dee36.png (848x1200, 1.05M)

Attached: __martina_dragon_quest_and_dragon_quest_xi_drawn_by_koyorin__9decaa8eced112114b6ff80645f5a155.png (711x900, 441K)

Once it's out of beta

Can anyone explain to me why Square ports every FF to game to every console in existence but DQ games aren't?

Redpill me on DQ side games, which ones are the most worthwhile?

Off the top of my head I know Torneko has some dungeon crawler game, Terry has a Pokemon style game and there's some kinda Slime game too.

Rocket Knight is the crown series for DQ spin offs.

If you like games such as Minecraft you might enjoy Builders.

I would fucking love Builders but it's not on PC ffs.
I wonder if it's playable at all on RPCS3

I hope your playing on an emulator with Game Genie, otherwise you're gonna hate half the game.

Filthy secondaries.

>imagine gatekeeping videogames
>imagine feeling superior because you played a videogame earlier than someone else

Attached: smug hinata.jpg (298x307, 59K)

>equipped sofia with fishnet stockings
Now we're talking

Attached: 1546586536452.jpg (780x1129, 679K)

>It is led and it is a person.
What did she mean be this?

Enjoy lad
vocaroo.com/i/s0BsPYIJM3XD

That's fantastic, are you scottish yourself m8?

I'd rather not play on my phone but are the mobile versions good ports? I would rather play horizontally if that's an option as well. Want to play 1 & 3 after I finish 8(3DS)

No mate just an actor.

actually mobile version of 4 is better than the ds version because it has party interactions.

Are there any characters in the DQ series as beefcakey as Goku?

Attached: Ultra_Instinct_Goku.png (1280x1115, 1.73M)

Voice actor or plays?

Attached: xzfige2cp8k11.png (1024x576, 716K)

Eh, pass.

Whatever pays. Mostly voiceover these days. Musicals and the like are fun but they are so time intensive that it is hard to justify the commitment for what you could financially earn in a week or two at a day job.

Attached: 1540376325341.jpg (422x680, 225K)

Attached: Kon.png (250x227, 74K)

Carver from DQ6 may actually be the only one which is pretty weird when I think about it.

Attached: file.png (700x1080, 807K)

That aren't animals?

He'll do. Pretty hot guy.

Attached: 1445712365106.jpg (1253x685, 660K)

Not be retarded or ESL, I guess. I'm an Americlap and had no problem understanding the accents in DQ4, there's no excuse for anyone else.

I am emulating, no game genie though. What part am I going to hate? I'm already on chapter 4.

Good shit user. I hope you get some more work.

Just play on emulator with joystick, bruh.

Chapter 5.
Everyone but the hero controlled by AI in battles. You cannot turn this off without Game Genie or cheats.

Thank you friend. I would really love to be in more games. I'm not in LA so AAA is a pipe dream but there's hope for Indies and the like. Also as a word of advice for any would-be actors out there, be wary of any "voice actor" cliques online. It's an ugly, competitive business full of fake smiles and empty praise no matter how much you want to change it. Trust your gut and don't buy into false flattery.

Any tips to getting into voice work? I would like to do it as a side thing when I get my life together.

Yeah. Treat it professionally and always deliver your best quality. There are thousands of people out here doing it so you have to be competitive. Also, practice using your voice. Read out loud. Etc.

If you want to legitimately make any money regularly, pursue commercial VO rather than cartoons and games.

what games are you in?

Unfortunately the best version is for smart phones.

Sorry, I don't believe answering that would be appropriate. Shilling is shilling no matter how you slice it and I'd rather not be a part of that problem. Sorry for derailing the thread, I just wanted to do the requested line.

Thanks. I do read out loud a bit here and there. Last time I did it for an extended period of time was when I played Muv Luv, great VN btw.

Do the mobile versions allow you to play horizontally or not?

Nope.

I hate rpgs being ported to phones. It just feels so filthy playing them

Attached: 5566664_p0.jpg (700x994, 396K)

Good luck buddy. Something many actors do I've noticed is give bullshit advice and all that, or non answers. I'm cynical from experience. Just do your best and don't be afraid to take classes.

chapter 4 is my favorite chapter :^)
also enjoy the ability control your party members while u still can.

>on Torneko's chapter
>no party talk, big step down from the charm of Alena's chapter
>Oh, appraisal, I remember that from DQ3 but I barely had a merchant
>every single item has unique dialogue from Torneko infused with his opinions on it
KINO AS FUCK

Attached: file.png (156x185, 52K)

That continues on in chapter 5. I love reading what he has to say on everything. Giving him a cowpat or horse poo, whichever 4 has, was hilarious. He gets mad that you essentially just shoved shit in his face.

Yeah I plan on looking for classes later this year. I really do want to do this, even if it isn't going to be my main money making job.

Doing it as a side gig is the best way to stay in good spirits. It gets rough when you can't pay the bills with it. Inconsistent opportunities.

Attached: 1539121508941.jpg (620x400, 258K)

BUMP appears!

THESE AREN'T STEEL BROADSWORDS FOR 10 GOLD

MOTHER FUCKER SOLD ME 20 CYPRESS STICKS

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK

You get what you pay for

Attached: 1552351366922.png (700x679, 295K)

Attached: 1552723117688.jpg (724x1023, 130K)