Why did Yea Forums pretend Telltale was good?

Yes, not all of Yea Forums thought this (#NotAll), but there was quite a lot of lot of Yea Forums who did think these games were good. In fact even when the Final Season of Walking Dead was canceled, there were quite a few threads still discussing the last episode.

>BUT WALKING DEAD!!!1

Honestly not very good once you realise none of your choices mattered, yet even when Yea Forums knew, they still tried to pretend it was good because of the tears they cried. Plus three black protagonists? Are you serious?

>OMG DA WOLF AMONG US!!!1

A detective game without any detective work. Great. I'd rather watch episodes of Hercule Poirot.

>TALES FROM BORDERLANDS IS GREAT!!!1

First of all, I don't give a fuck about Borderlands.

>B-B-BUT YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO HAVE PLAYED OR LIKE THOSE GAMES TO LIKE THIS ONE!!!1

Well I don't have to play Tales from the Borderlands to continue enjoying life. The game looks awful and unappealing (and I'm not talking graphically or engine wise), and the Borderlands IP doesn't do anything but drag it down. So if I don't care about the brand or visual novels, why do you think a game without gameplay is "good enough" for the average person to want to play it?

>DON'T YOU LOVE BATMAN!?!?!?!!1

I do, but because these games have stopped being puzzle/adventure games a long time ago, I have 0 interest. A Batman themed point and click 90's style adventure game would be amazing. This however looks like a pile of shit.

Attached: 1537569552024 2.jpg (1510x604, 126K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KL0BuKoLDYk
youtube.com/watch?v=YJrYs6pPYtw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Tales from the borderlands is good though and that wasnt a rebuttal

Telltale was never good you are right. They got lucky that TWD was so popular when the "game" came out and people weren't exhausted yet with their VNs. I remember listening to an interview with a guy who worked at Telltale and he basically said they were told they couldn't ever improve the engine they used for the TWD and to just pump out as much shit as humanely possible. They licensed as much as they could and hoped they'd be profitable by sheer virtue of shitting out so many titles.

>Game that was suppose to be the worse is one of the best ones
How did they do it?

Attached: 1553896483666.jpg (674x674, 79K)

>using the subject field
>reddit spacing
just kill yourself

I liked Tales from the Borderlands until they got extremely lazy and changed Jack's character completely.

Iron from ice :-D :-DDDD

Nobody cares about Borderlands and I'm glad it's never getting a sequel, shit suckers

>5 games
>n-nobody cares!
lol

literally seething

Because the first Season of TWD was extremely good. It's only after they made that exact same game over and over and over and over and over and over and

They made fun little little QTE stories.
It was going pretty well until they shit out one every 2 months and everyone got tired of "playing" the same game over and over again

>but there was quite a lot of lot of Yea Forums who did think these games were good
I don't care.

There's nothing wrong with sticking to an engine, especially if you don't have to pay for middleware

What would improving it do? Make a slightly prettier talking sim? Who cares.

Sam & Max 1, 2, 3
Puzzle Agent
Wallace & Gromit
Back to the Future

Telltale started to fail when they took on flavor of the month IPs like Borderlands and Game of Thrones.

They also failed because episodic content is a scam.

Poker Night was okay
I've never played any of their other games

In most scenes, there are two parties having a heated argument where both parties are willing to die on their hill and you have to choose one side. The side you don't choose will throw a fit because you didn't agree with them and you will be given a negative score with those people. The party you side with will become your best friend until the next time you disagree with them.

>Madden
>Hundreds of games

That means I should be playing them, right?

The first season was novel at the time when it came out and TWD was at the height of its popularity, and despite the whole choices not mattering thing it was still a better than the actual tv show.

It means tons of people care about them, since they keep doing well enough to make more releases for a company notorious for killing off devs that fail to meet expectations

no, but clearly people care

Sam and Max was their only good series.

Name 10 story-focused games where your choices matter.

they knew their formula was just a fad, they didnt give a shit about pushing the game media forward, all they wanted was more money, and when it closed, well at least they moved a lot of cash

>Sam & Max 1, 2, 3

Don't forget Strongbad

But were any of these games cheaper to do than the others? I prefer adventure games to talking sims, but would sticking to point and clicks have actually saved them?

>implying her scene wasn't kino as fuck

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

I don't care about football or Borderlands, doesn't matter if it's """good"""

Shadow of Destiny
Unironically Heavy Rain

Yes. Licensing for shit like walking dead, got, and batman is expensive. Licensing DC super heroes is what literally bankrupt Midway Games and caused Warner Bros. to ironically buy them out.

The simple point and click games were doing good money and all of that was wasted when they started hiring useless SJW writers and feminists to fill quotas. At the end TTG had too many "writers" making bullshit fanfic scenarios. And any real programmers or game designers were over burdened with how slow everything was going.

It also didn't help that the formula never evolved.

Telltale was passable until they got tunnel-visioned on Walking Dead and copy-pasted that formula onto every fucking game they released from there on out while doing absolutely nothing to make improvements.

no one on Yea Forums ever liked tt after twd

There were plenty of Telltale that wanted to do new shit, it was the CEO forcing them to stick to the same formula. By the time they ousted him it was too late.

>license hot property of the time
>opt to implement one of the most iconic visual parts of the series
>this is the amount of effort you put into it
youtube.com/watch?v=KL0BuKoLDYk

>they didnt give a shit about pushing the game media forward

Other than making their choices actually matter and actually releasing finished games instead of episodes, what could they do different?

Walking Dead Season 1-4
Batman 1-2
Game of Thrones
Back To The Future
Borderlands

That's only a few of their titles. They more because people obviously liked them. Why the fuck do you think Activision keeps spitting out CoD games? A lot of people dislike them but the majority don't. Also "I don't give a fuck about Borderlands" just shows that you have no arguments, you retard. Piss off with your shit opinions

>Sam&Max
Mah nigga
youtube.com/watch?v=YJrYs6pPYtw

Puzzle Agent was also pretty good all things considered

>But were any of these games cheaper to do than the others?
Most likely. Sam & Max Season 1 and 2 are extremely simplistic and really don't look all that good, especially now but these were made when TT was still tiny.
>but would sticking to point and clicks have actually saved them?
If they kept things small, maybe. Their ultimate downfall was taking on too much expensive shit, hiring too many people and just constantly repeating what TWD did over and over again. Add to this that people who played TT RECOGNIZABLE IP GAME (Bamham/Memelands) played said game only because it had RECOGNIZABLE IP on it and probably didn't really care what else TT made, while on the other end people who DID play most of what TT made in the later years quickly recognized the same pattern in everything they shat out and ultimately lost interest.

The only good Telltale games are as follows

-Sam and Max
-Wolf Among us
-Poker Night
-Tales from the Borderlands
-Monkey Island.

The rest is crap to me.

>Walking Dead
Diminishing returns embodied.
>Batman
Something nobody was really clamoring for, performed accordingly.
>Game of Thrones
TT wasn't willing to go to the lengths required for the source material, also it looking like shit held back any chance it had.
>Back to the Future
Actually good, ended with a sequel tease that TT decided to fuck off about when they decided to only do TWD and licenses to inject the formula into from then on.
>Borderlands
Not much demand for this one either, turned out actually pretty well but apathetic levels of interest held it back from day one.

Sam & Max and poker night were the only ones I've played. Really funny and cozy games. Introduced me to Sam & Max in general which is a great franchise overall.
>The Office
Absolute taste.

Life is Strange didn't improve anything on the formula either, talking sim fans just enjoy dogshit.

You lie - I've read Yea Forums, unlike you.

What a retarded image. Are you retarded, OP?

>he hasn't played Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People
fag

Borderlands being a bad property is good enough reason to not play it, shit sucker. I wouldn't expect someone who didn't go to Homestar Runner to play the Strongbad game, but unlike Borderlands, Homestar Runner is actually a quality brand

I don't like black people

Why would I mention that in an OP describing the bad Telltale games?

So yes, you are retarded

>nobody cares
>I don't care

fucking retard

Why do you spend the most time talking about Tales from the Borderlands only to say nothing more than "it's bad because I don't want to play it"? Funny how opinionated you are yet you refuse to try Telltale's only good game.

It's getting a sequel in Borderlands 3, you retard. The characters came back and their story continues.

improve the engine dosn't mean replace it.It means that had a maddening misconception of why TWD sold well.

t. guy too retarded to solve puzzles in an adventure game and uses YouTube guides every five seconds which is why he loves Bordershits

>Why do you spend the most time talking about Tales from the Borderlands only to say nothing more than "it's bad because I don't want to play it"? Funny how opinionated you are yet you refuse to try Telltale's only good game.

The point, retard, is that Telltale started scraping the bottom of the barrel for IPs, things like Fables and Borderlands.

>It's getting a sequel in Borderlands 3

And it's Epic Store exclusive

OH NO NO NO NO

> A lot of people dislike them but the majority don't
Sales paint a different story

And if you played the most recent DLC of Borderlands 2, you'll know that Gearbox has already pissed all over Telltale's work.

AHAHAHAHAHHA YES FUCK YOU BORDERNIGGERS

If I don't get real point and clicks, you shit suckers don't get anything.

Wow, what a retard

I'll keep living for a long time, unlike Telltale :) (And I know that makes you seethe)

Extremist suicide rates are worse than trannies.

those all got green lit and sent into production in a year's time together. This wasn't some slow burn where everyone cry more and they kept chugging out. Walking Dead Season 2, Batman, the unnamed Marvel title (GotG), Borderlands and GoT were all announced in the same year.

like a poker game TTGs shoved all their chips to the center and said "all in" and got busted for dealing with a such a poor had so badly.

Extremist of who? What?

That's such a good way to put it considering their love of poker

Don't forget there Lego games are kino. I hope we get more of them

LEGO is made by Traveller's Tales, not Telltale.

That's Traveller's Tales
different company

Attached: 1560572408988.jpg (750x543, 34K)

>That's such a good way to put it considering their love of poker
it's what it feels like happen. Before the success of TWD they were very touch and go. To give examples Sam and Max had 2 years between "seasons" TWD had a year between seasons, same with Batman and Batman was rolling out the same year as Season 3. They just churned out everything with no breaks and no evidence any of it would sell.

>considering their love of poker
they gambled a whole studio and it's people.

I enjoyed their games as interactive cinematic experiences with quick time events and I like the art style, that's enough.

The Walking Dead 2012
The Wolf Among Us 2013
The Walking Dead: Season Two 2013
Tales from the Borderlands 2014
Game of Thrones 2014
Minecraft: Story Mode 2015
The Walking Dead: Michonne 2016
Batman: The Telltale Series 2016
The Walking Dead: A New Frontier 2016
Guardians of the Galaxy 2017
Minecraft: Story Mode – Season Two 2017
Batman: The Enemy Within 2017

considering most of these were released on 5+ systems it's a wonder they didn't dive sooner.

>Every decision you made is wrong
>Everytime something goes wrong you‘re the one to blame
>Every character will at one point hates you to death
>Some side character will do dumb shit and eventually you‘ll be the one to blame
>Never happy end and thats your fault

Telltale in nutshell

Every waifu VN imaginable

>do something bad
>"this character will remember this"
>said character dies in the very next scene

Nice writing Talescuck

Attached: b61.jpg (2037x1131, 259K)

>it's bad and everything they made is bad cause I say so and nothing you can say will convince me otherwise
cool thread

Attached: 1537733794955.png (571x644, 71K)

Only thing I ever cared about was Batman, and that was good shit

>these people want to unionize

Attached: 1558059632683.png (861x792, 725K)

Except, ya know, those Borderniggers are getting a new game.

the fact that company is bankrupt kinda prove his points

>What would improving it do? Make a slightly prettier talking sim? Who cares.
How about actually adding some game mechanics you retard?