Switch thread

How are you enjoying your Switch Yea Forums

I'm so excited for ASTRAL CHAIN

Attached: QqfFzh2yp2a5dgMz6NDg29-768-80.jpg (768x432, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/nintendoeurope/status/1146694683709644800
amazon.com/dp/B078WGT97X
pastebin.com/3F6LRcZM
github.com/suchmememanyskill/Payload_Launcher
github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm playing Mario Maker 2 Versus Online.
The lag bro...

Attached: 20190701_145914.jpg (3024x4032, 3.17M)

>DXM orbital edition is eu only
ITS NOT FAIR

twitter.com/nintendoeurope/status/1146694683709644800

I want to collect Switch steelbooks but fuck there are so many coming out around the same time!

dxm is the first and only game id be willing to buy a collectors edition on because im such an /m/ fag and now i have to import one of them from europe?
fucking sucks.

Just passed 60 hours in Hyrule Warriors, on the final 3x3 grid of wind waker maps. Gonna put it down and play something else for a while after that though, maybe take a break until Fire Emblem

>Smash, CTR, Mario Kart, SMM2
I don't have enough time for all this shit. Being an adultfag sucks.

Are there any comfort grips like this that will still fit in the dock?
I’m too lazy to take it in and out every time I play on TV.

Actually playing a PC game right now while I wait for MUA3.

Can you guys recommend a game that you can put a lot of hours into and thats good?

Like Stardew Valley, so no "play through it once and never touch again"

Finally finished with Super one more jump. Fuck that game can be hard. Second last map kicked my balls.
Now it's time for Umihara Kawase fresh and Super mario maker.

Also can't wait for Astral Chain. Got my collectors edition preordered on amazon. Probably gonna get Daemon x machina and Fire Emblem when they come out as well. So many games coming out the next months that I'm excited for.

I'm really looking forward to DBQ2

Bought one just last week specifically for Splatoon 2.
What a breath of fresh air. I've never had so much fun playing a shooter.
I'm also interested in other Nintendo's first parties such as BoTW and Mario Kart.

Attached: DSC_0219.jpg (3840x2160, 2.23M)

I enjoy it thus far. Just wish the controls were a little more comfy in handheld

I don't play switch much anymore, i'm too busy begging devs on twitter to port all their 5 year old games to the switch

MHGU if you don't have it already, it is perfect if you want a lot of content.

I put tons of hours into Darkest Dungeon and I still go back to it on occasion. I own it on like every platform it's available on too, I liked it that much.

Mine fits in the dock.
It's a little tight. But the edges protrude on the case so it protects the screen in the dock.

It's this one:
amazon.com/dp/B078WGT97X

Attached: 20190704_161248.jpg (3024x4032, 3.31M)

Not him but the pic related you replied to is designed to fit in the dock but depending on the dock you have which could or could not be I'll suited for such a case because some manufacturing errors
Even then, if you want comfort grips, I honestly recommend satisfye, don't have it but a friend does and it really does look comfortable as hell

Does this have one of those little holes to attach wrist straps?

Nope

Can confirm. They're very ergonomic.

DO YOU HAVE MARIO MAKER 2 DIGITALLY OR PHYSICALLY? I CAN'T DECIDE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Pretty optimisitic actually. Got a few of those vouchers on the cheap so I can buy games I definitely want like LM3 and LA Remake and get games I'm not sure about like DxM for like $20. Can't wait for portable RE5, the shield version was shit, and next year is already shaping up nicely with NMHIII. Honestly, that E3 direct made me realize I still do like video games.

>do i want some extra useless plastic with my data?

I only bought some indie games for mine.
Currently playing Dandy Dungeon. It's weird but I'm liking it.

The only physical switch game I have is the collector's for TSA. Wasn't exactly worth it.
What else is coming out? I know LA is getting one

>hate Daemon X Machina for the stupid anime trash artstyle and the waifus being pushed
>hate Astral Chain for the exact same thing
>will never EVER touch a game if it's story heavy or filled with sex fanservice
>hoping that the Link's Awakening remake will be okay at least
>hoping to hear news on Metroid Prime 4
>hate smash bros for what it did to Metroid (pushing disgusting sex fanservice via the ZSS)
>just play indie games like Hollow Knight and look into the hacking scene as I feel disappointment with Nintendo's major IPs

Nintendo really shouldn't be getting soundly destroyed by third parties, and yet here we are.

Attached: the hell is this.png (208x304, 158K)

The switch is pretty good for emulation

Attached: IMG_20190704_1626229.jpg (4056x2704, 1.96M)

Been gathering dust for a little over a year now.

anyone hype for siralim 3 tomorrow?

Just bought Naruto Ninja Storm Trilogy on sale, looks nice. I have 5 unplayed games (8 now) and I'm in the middle of Xeno2, yet I'm still looking forward to buying more, namely Astrail Chain, DQ11 and River City Girls this year. I love portable systems

its already on pc.
its an okay game but there are better monster collecting games

>liking Hollow Knight
>being disgusted by ZSS

Attached: inside-you-there-are-two-wolves-one-is-gay-e-45825674.png (500x575, 143K)

Is that Lakka or an app based emulator?

Been holding out for Grandia 1+2
I keep buying things and not finishing them, maybe I'll go back to Setsuna in the meantime.

>hate fanservice that killed a series
>like a game that's the apex of a genre without selling on gimmicks like titties

Yes.

Fuck, I forgot RPG Maker comes out this year. Did they give a release date? Please not september...

Been playing Monster Hunter while sweating away on my exercise bike, it's fucking sweet. My legs have never looked better

Attached: heh.png (701x618, 326K)

>rpg maker

? that thing has been out for as long as i can remember

>like a game that's the apex of a genre
That's like getting gold at the special olympics. It's just a metroidvania

to add, the battle system and how monster attacks and abilities synergize in siralim is amazing
but the designs are pretty lame.

In the monster collecting genre you have to pick one and only one:
>Good monster designs
>Good battle mechanics
>monsters that are balanced so you can use your favorites instead of having to replace them for endgame ones

if youre interested, theres this:
pastebin.com/3F6LRcZM

it's retroarch
ive mostly been fucking around with ps1 games and havent gotten any frame drops that ive noticed.

I bought it, played it for 5 hours and never touched it again. Am I losing something?

I haven't played Touhou and I want to start playing it
Is there a Touhou collection for switch or something?

Attached: 1562267583920.png (214x284, 94K)

touhou games would be hell if you had to play them with sticks

I have a Skull&Co. as well, recently swapped it out for a more minimal look that will also fit my cases.

Attached: IMG_0476.jpg (1280x960, 800K)

And it's one of the best genres, at least compared to cinematic experiences like JRPGs or action games like Bayonetta.

Oh, nice. I've been using Lakka and it works well but I really wish it had a reboot to payload option instead of only reboot to RCM. Makes switching between modes annoying.
The performance on Lakka is really good though. I haven't tried the dev builds yet because I'm too lazy to clone and build the git but people are reporting being able to play Dreamcast and PSP games already.

On Switch? It got delayed from feb 2019 to "2019"

I cant stop playing CTR

my switch won't charge, i'm scared fellas

But there's the button dpad

Whos getting Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3?

How is Frozen Dong? Is there anything fun to do postgame? I wanna buy it to play through with a buddy but I'm worried we're gonna crush it in one sitting and never touch it again.

which cores work best on switch? which are the current supported ones (by the devs aka m4xw)?

I assume beetle hw doesn't work well, right?

I'm not too versed on lakka, but this might help:
github.com/suchmememanyskill/Payload_Launcher
I can vouch for this, it makes switching modes super fucking easy
i havent tried any psp games through retroarch yet, but if you give me like 10 minutes ill try one

How's the skull & co grip?

Tropical dong has a hidden world if you collect all the letters, and also a one hit kill hard mode with no checkpoints to take your file up to 200%. You'll be busy for a while.

have sex

what about amazon europe/uk?

Going to buy Panzer Dragoon in hopes that they’ll remaster Zwei and Saga

Finally got mine, for the people who hacked theirs, what sized sd card did you get?

Reminder that this is the best switch stand

Attached: 71ku+oZYKJL._AC_.jpg (2000x1567, 153K)

You mean is it coming to amazon? Astral Chain CE came one day long after the announcement and was sold out the next day. Keep your eyes peeled and keep refreshing that page.

I have a way to reboot to payload already while in the switch OS. Lakka is a linux distro that boots separately from the switch OS.
It's built for tegra chips and utilizes the hardware much better right now than the app based Retroarch.

maybe it's the AC adapter

Perfect for me.

Attached: 20190303_002942.jpg (3024x4032, 1.66M)

what about the "if it shuts down you won't get it" meme

That sounds cool. Thanks

what's your ssbg tag

256gb, wish I got a 500gb. After installing all the good stuff I only have like 60gb left and there are a handful of games I want coming out within the next couple months that will eat at least another 40gb.

Third party or official? I never seen it before

Made by Hori, licensed by Nintendo

Maybe just play some games and delete them if you finished them?

I like having the library available in one place in case I ever decide I want to replay a game. I never uninstalled a single game on my 3DS or Vita unless I really didn't like it. Don't plan on changing anything now.

Daily reminder to buy CTR

When is Bloodstained gonna be fixed? I was really looking forward to it

>Activision

Attached: 1562160789648.gif (500x209, 1.73M)

I just want to play Luigi's Mansion 3 already.

Attached: 1561807167505.png (2450x1472, 3.38M)

I’m disappointed desu, it’s library has been lacklustre minus a few titles

Damn this game is fun, i never give a damn to musou games, anons keep saying that is a braindead genre and i just skipped them completely

I've been playing this shit for two weeks nonstop, and I need to find a new game to play before it burn't out

taking a look at the recent releases on eshop what should I give a try to?
is Red Faction any good?

Attached: H2x1_NSwitch_HyruleWarriorsDefinitiveEdition_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 375K)

>Ultimate Alliance 3 July 19
>Fire Emblem July 26
>Omega Labyrinth Life Aug 1
>Astral Chain Aug 30
>Daemon X Machina Sept 13
Holy shit bros my summer is so busy wtf. And I may stop pick up Luigi's Mansion and Links Awakening still too.

>doesn't work with any cases
Who do they expect to sell this shit to? People who don't have TV?

>Collection of Mana physical edition
>BOTW
>Xenoblade Chronicles 2
>Astral Chain
>Daemon X Machina
>Dragon Quest XI
Seriously don't know what to buy first next month.

anyone have a chart with the upcoming releases and dates?

Attached: 1516921279632.jpg (791x626, 295K)

MM2 is pretty much worthless without online anyway.

Any stand that supports cases?

>which cores work best
I honestly couldn't tell you.
I've only played gbc and ps1 games.
at the highest cpu value, the only place ps1 games suffer is not being able to fast forward as fast as other versions

havent checked
doubt they have preorders out, i figured that was just an announcement tweet

i'll have to check it out then.
and to your question about psp games earlier you can play them,but you'll need to:
> go to github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp
>download the master
>extract the assets folder into retroarch/system/PPSSPP
my switch is crashing when i launch ppsspp though, but i dont know if i fucked up settings when fiddling with retroarch, but i tested the above on the pc version.

400gb

Anyone with a 4.1 ipatched switched that managed to hack it?

There's a dock that support them, but you need to do some surgery on the dock that came with the Switch. And if you screw up that's $80 down the drain.

Skipping Mario Maker 2 for now; since, it is very expensive for what it is and I can just pick it up later after seeing how much quality stuff actually gets made. Playing Hitman 2016 right now which is $15 compared to $90 for Mario Maker.
Will definitely get Fire Emblem, Astral Chain, Link's Awakening, and the Switch version of Sakuna though. Luigi's Mansion looks very good; but, I might skip due to time/money constraints.

So physical? I thought that because of how often you'll go back to it, digital would be better

Found this on NoA twitter, maybe it's good enough

Attached: upcoming switch games.png (1020x2047, 3.28M)

Should I get new super Mario Bros switch version or super Mario maker 2? I really don't feel like creating shit but I heard there's a lot of content

get the latter
you can always emulate smb

There's some good sales on a 2DS XL, do you guys think these can be hacked or did Nintendo patched it?

all 3ds/2ds models can be hacked
there's 0 reason not to get one

I think I'm gonna wait for BBFFRIDAY $99 for refurb is still kinda a rip off. Also I can try to hack it, and if I fail I will just return it.

I dont know if I should wait for new model or what for the switch console. I plan to use it as a comfy rpg device. I know zelda botw is a big title and smash however I feel those are the only decent games.

what good rpgs are there?
and does it have alot of retro stuff on it?

2ds/3ds hacking is retard proof, user
you literally cant fuck up as long as you read before pressing shit
and even then there is only like one spot (downgrading) where you can fuck up

>I dont know if I should wait for new model or what for the switch console
Nothing was announced, it's all rumors. Get one if you want one.

You sound like a virgin desperately trying to impress someone.

>replying to acfag

ACfag is still alive?

I'm not enjoying my Switch.

>Super Neptunia RPG
>Well, maybe it'll be fun for a bit, even though the only Nep game I've really enjoyed was Re;Birth 1
>End up buying it
>It's fucking trash, both from a gameplay perspective to port performance
What gets me even more is that I had to pay twice as much to play it on Switch rather than on PC.

But I'm probably picking up Astral Chain, can't be THAT awful if it's a Switch exclusive. Right? Right?

Attached: 1497180263253.png (914x898, 592K)

>He doesn't like anime tiddies

Attached: 1487074801122.jpg (400x462, 32K)

DQXI is September user, but yeah I'm broke already and there are at least 3 things coming out I want to play

eh I always go physical for big releases