Ok anons, try to come up with the worst mishmash of genres you can...

Ok anons, try to come up with the worst mishmash of genres you can. Bonus points if you can actually describe such a game.
>roguelike city builder

Attached: Graphic Design.jpg (680x427, 23K)

You got some shit taste in vidya if you don't think Azure Dreams is the tightest shit on the planet, OP.

Attached: Azure_Dreams_Coverart.png (256x256, 138K)

stealth grand-strategy

FPS 2D Fighter

It's first person but you're stuck on a 2D plane.

RTS metroidvania.

Puzzle sports game

Open world rhythm flight simulator

soulslike first-person gacha

Sounds cool. I'd play a Flatland game

Attached: flatland500.jpg (400x500, 82K)

Not a terrible idea. There could be a game about basketball/soccer trick shots

combine a 1st person shooter with a 3rd person shooter
2nd person shooter

MMORPG Rail Shooter

Open world Metroivania

Horror sports game

Gacha with permadeath

First person third person shooter
It's first and third person at the same time

>get lost exploring the corners of the world
>endless jumps I can't reach and purple door I can't open
Yeesh. Also
>go through a tough dungeon with skill alone
>reward chest is on a ledge you can't reach til later.

Oh damn, I'll need to find a copy/ROM, then.

>starcraft 1 when using ghosts with nukes

that is watching a streamer play a shooter

MMO permadeath rhythm RTS

It'd be like that first boss in Battletoads.

Turn based fps

rhythm painting app. You may only draw in rhytm or it deletes whatever you were trying to draw.

All 3rd person shooters are 2nd person shooters if it has a character creation at the start and you self insert.

First person shooter rhythm arena.

Actions are only actually performed if done with the beat. Holding any key doesn't work ever. BPM goes up with the music as people are killed.

This already exists and it's pretty fun.

You don't know what 2nd person means. That's even more 3rd person than usual.

Psychedelic horror farming simulator

Attached: super.jpg (616x353, 24K)

Retro Gacha.
Basically it's Gacha but all the waifus are 8-bit.

there's that graveyard simulator that's parodying stardew valley

Tower defense light gun visual novel

First Person Turn Based MMORPG.

I'm curious, names? If you meant things like wolf rpg I don't think it's count it's more turn based rpg with guns rather than fps

Attached: 1114893-wolfrpg.png (480x320, 192K)

What’s it’s name?

Graceyard Keeper

Ah right, so it's actually pretty neat.
Partially count imo, it's rpg with guns not really fps (aiming is not an important part of it)

All the waifus are from strip mahjong games on the PC 88/98... actually, that's probably be popular.

Rhythm Shooter
Shooting and reloading have to be done to the beat

Attached: 1522507706929.jpg (322x234, 35K)

VR open world RPG MMO Metroidvania stealth city builder

3D collectathon fighting game

Attached: dark.jpg (189x267, 14K)

>gatcha battle royale
Everyone still has to pay for jpgs of their waifus, but only the winner gets to keep them.

Visual Novel Sports game.
Not a sports-themed VN but a sport game controlled through VN gameplay.

Pure roguelike, meaning you lose everything when you die and have to start from the beginning.

MMO CLICKER Gacha game

Everything is RNG. The clicking minigame doesn't actually do anything but increase your points next to your name. People gift you equipment that enables you to Win Fights. 100% of stuff you get is from people gifting you stuff. all the fights look really epic and the point farming section is just a black screen that pops up. "Well Done!" everytime you click.

having more points makes it more likely for your name to be mentioned to friends and to other players if they have low friends.

The home page has a Leaderboard and it's a gigantic button that's impossible to miss and it's based on the number of wins you have in fights.

is anyone else seeing lots of posts disappear then reappear?

Here you go user, flip to page 96 if you passed to Pedro, flip to page 111 if you decided to do your extra special shot.

Page 96: Pedro shoots a goal and you win the cup!
Page 111: You fuck up and you lose the game

Attached: 191091._UY630_SR1200,630_.jpg (1200x630, 47K)

That...sounds like it has potential. Let's see if we can shape it. How would it play? I was think that the combat could be like Absolver. Maybe you could collect belts from the as you whoop in an attempt to be #1

Some of theses are actually interesting

VR, Third Person, Fighting Game

It has city building

MMO train simulator

I just read Flatland the other week as well. Odd coincidence!

turn-based rhythm game

metroidvania gokart lifesim

it's a racing game, except your gokart is also your house that holds your family, and your speed depends on their happiness and health, but there are aliens that keep trying to knock your house off the track so you have to kill them, but you can only kill them by driving your house backwards because they have terrible depth perception

Second Person Shooter Zato
Do you know what first and third person means?

That exists. It's called Dorf Fort.

Survival stealth RPG visual novel

A cultist/shadow government/revolutionary simulator?

Wouldn't this be like Kane and Lynch 2 or Mario 64 where you are looking through someone holding a camera?

Crypt of the Necrodancer

f2p mmolite gacha racing stealth survival brawler royale

no, explain it to me

Maybe a Banjo style overworld, you collect hand tape as the general unlock for worlds, but bosses and mooks send you into a Tekken perspective and either sets a boundary in the area to make a fighting ground, or you go into an instanced arena themed around the level or boss, which then plays like a 3D fighter? And the enemies drop the equivalent of special collectables that upgrade your moveset?

yeah, like one of those CK2 satanist sects trying to stay underground and secretly take over

VATS was created so Fallout 3/NV/4 could emulate the original games' turn based combat in a real time game

puzzle stealth battle royale racing game

ok I knew I was missing something to make it gayer.
instead of the screen being black it has a Hot Girl/guy that does Dances for you on the clicker screen but people can decide to get you and make it a black screen instead for 30 minutes while you're playing
it slightly decreases the amount of points you get by .1% per a click as well. each additional guy that decides to troll you adds 30 minutes and stacks the .1% per a click. the Troll has a 24 hour cooldown...

oh yeah the game has a Friend Finder and the number of points is your likelihood for getting new friends!

puzzle mmo brawler

GW2? I think it's got some platforming puzzles strewn about.

Some day, I hope to make a game about pirates. It's a blend of micro-focused RTS, naval combat, and music game. You have to manage each crew member on your ship and have them see to their respective duties, while also commanding the ship itself and outmanoeuvring enemy ships, and then when you board them (or are boarding) you have to command your crew in RTS combat. On top of all that, you need to sing along with the sea shanty your men are singing - the better your singing, the better your units' performance is, so don't go singing out of tune.

>shadow government
Orwell kinda counts

Clicker fighting game.

You have to build up money to enter fights and when you're in fights the clicking turns into combo buttons. Money can also go towards gym training and milkshakes. Also has a mana bar you need to keep up to pull of the good moves. Fights can become automated as long as you keep everything steady.

that baseball game that had all the horrifying texture bugs
MLB: The Show I think?

open world competitive team shooter

Would a game where your have to get yourself shot count as a second person shooter?

Not too much of a city builder but, Stardew Valley’s mine/dungeons have a degree of randomness.
On a more roguelike note, Elona has slight settlement building elements.
>nobody on Yea Forums knows about Elona

puzzle racing game
wait that sounds fun

turn-based battle royale

>handtape as general unlock
>you go into an instanced arena themed around the level or boss, which then plays like a 3D fighter? And the enemies drop the equivalent of special collectables that upgrade your moveset?
You, I like you.

Attached: you....gif (244x300, 1.01M)

But that sounds fun
You’d be a good idea guy

>100 people in the server
>have to wait for every single person's turn

barely anything in this thread is a bad idea aside openworld metroidvania
Almost everything would be an interesting experiment or has already been done with some degree of success

I take from your post that you never played civ multiplayer.

First person MOBA hero shooter.

Attached: social-share.jpg (1200x628, 203K)

that sounds dope tho

open world fighting game

Sports game/visual novel/action RPG

JK Pyre was great

It really was like an attempted mishmash of every popular genre at the time, wasn't it? If it had come out a year later they'd have tossed battle royale in.

Attached: pyre.jpg (800x800, 88K)

trust me, at the very least people know about it from hey hey people

you forgot hobby-grade

Lack of content killed this game

Attached: absolver.jpg (1200x675, 75K)

>puzzle pirates will be forever dead

first legitimately terrible idea posted in this thread. imagine having to take a long, long break from the exploration each time you encounter a foe

i think this one is elegantly shitty

This already kinda happened. “Anarchy Reigns.”

That's just retail WoW

>be the first to reach the objective at the center of the map
>you're vulnerable to one-hit kills when your back is turned, so you better learn to balance stealth and speed
>you have to figure out your way past traps and obstacles on your way there

Gacha Platforner

An indie soulslike metroidvania beatemup.

man I was just coming up with the worst game possible.

This really shouldn't have to be explained to you.

1st person:
>me/I

2nd person:
>you

3rd person:
>He/she/him/her/they

gacha sports rpg

Just taking the idea of collectathon games and putting in standard fighting game ideas has some potential, I think. Gather enough enemy headbands to unlock new attacks that both do good damage and act as exploration tools, like an uppercut that can be used to reach high ledges, or a jumping grapple attack that can be used as a long jump. Racing minigames get replaced with a rival character who fights you in each map. There's some potential in this idea.

>Thread about posting great game ideas
>Yea Forums posts terrible ideas that need a novel to justify them
>Thread about posting bad game ideas
>Yea Forums somehow comes up with some cool sounding shit
What is wrong with you people

Is Undertale a second person game, then? It refers to "you" a lot, but in the end the main character is a different person?

Gacha Roguelike

I'm thinking about an Action-Adventure-Casual-Strategy-Simulation-RPG-Early Access-Free to Play-Singleplayer-Violent-Sports-Massively-Multiplayer-Gore-Racing-Nudity-Great Soundtrack-Atmospheric-Multiplayer-2D-Sexual Content-Puzzle-Story Rich-Difficult-VR-Anime-Fantasy-Horror-Funny-Sci-fi-Open World-Shooter-Pixel Graphics-Female Protagonist-Co-op-Utilities-First-Person-Platformer-Family Friendly-FPS-Survival-Design & Illustration-Turn-Based-Retro-Arcade-Comedy-Movie-Sandbox-Online Co-Op-Exploration-Visual Novel-Cute-Replay Value-Classic-Point & Click-Masterpiece-Controller-Psychological Horror-Relaxing-Third Person-Space-Colorful-Zombies-Education-Animation & Modeling-Audio Production-Fast-Paced-Memes-Tactical-LocalMultiplayer-Dark-Mystery-Physics-Short-Realistic-Software-Web Publishing-Building-Shoot 'Em Up-Rogue-like-Survival Horror-Mature-Management-Local Co-Op--Rogue-lite-Minimalist-Post-apocalyptic-Third-Person Shooter-Procedural Generation-Tower Defense game

Basically, if you see a mountain in the distance, you can go there and climb it.

Attached: 80000 thousand years from now the child reading this comic will smile and that smile will transcend (691x644, 884K)

>Free form movement ala Quake or Doom
>Shooting is automatic and follows the beat
>Constantly flicking to targets in-time with the music
That sounds cool and is highly feasible to develop

Salt and Sanctuary/Hollow Knight?

Better hope there's no big name execs in this board because that shit would print money. Imagine normalfag whales wasting their salaries to try and get Messi from a random drop.

What breath of the wild could have been

>Pyre
Excellent taste, user.
Tho you could say that's it's a traditional RPG that replaces the combat with a sports minigame.

Rhythm/Fighting game
SRPG/Fighting game
Sounds fun as fuck actually

>using your troops to scout out different areas to get different upgrades to scout different areas while considering "boss" fights along the way
doesn't actually sound that bad

>perspective of the guy you're trying to shoot

(((World of Warcraft)))

Are there any turn based action rpg games?

Roguelike MOBA
every time a player dies they leave the game and are replaced by a new player

Kinda cheating, but Secret of Mana is basically RTWP due to the magic system.

Planetside 2

Open world autochess-like

>headbands unlock new attacks that double as transversal tools for the environment, already making more than a standard collectathon since the collectibles have purpose.
>rival characters in various areas can act as random encounters
I like it. Sounds like a combo of Jak and Daxter and River City Ransom

Attached: Kuwbara dancing.gif (500x370, 436K)

Match 3 rts
It's like starcraft, but attacking each enemy unit with yours opens up a 8×8 board where you have to complete a certain task - collect more red gems in 10 turns, destroy a square lock with a blue match, only certain colors damage enemy's hp etcetera
The same works for conquering mines and producibg units, even movement to a certain place (thru preset roads) requires it
Alternatively, the match screen is separate from the main screen and changes constantly according to what objects the units are approaching, number of units and orders given
But there is no pause button, at all, and if you are playing against a real human you have to wait for him to make a turn
Fortunately, the game punishes those inactive for 4 seconds with increasing damage
Certain areas and creatures affect the spread of gems of certain types
It would probably be about wizards warring via summoned elementals and nature spirits

>Racing minigames get replaced with a rival character who fights you in each map.
Or both! Remember the first Ape Escape?

I played a flash game like that years ago and it was fucking awkward