What happened to Classic Game Room?

What happened to Classic Game Room?

Attached: Mark_(Westinghouse).jpg (640x654, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EeCiJEwGAho
twitter.com/ClassicGameRoom/status/785474362971398144
twitter.com/ClassicGameRoom/status/784581686726098944
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you didn't shill it hard enough on Yea Forums so it died
it's your fault
you should have spammed more

you didn't donate enough money and games

Zoomers wanted loud autistic twitch streamers instead.

The market no longer existed

Whats that hairstyle called

youtube.com/watch?v=EeCiJEwGAho

didn't he leave youtube after the adpocalypse

the dave barry

switched video platforms too many times and the hillary tweet pretty much sealed his fate

If he'd held on a little longer he could've started livestreaming, in my head that's what would've kept him sane. All those machines and an older viewerbase he could have been raking it in just streaming himself playing games and talking about the 80's forever.

The Truxton

It was no longer profitable and he couldn't afford to run it as a business anymore. Last time I checked he was on amazon. Is he still there?

He left then came back.
Then went on patreon, earning 10k per month on it.
Went full retard on his videos, fans slammed him for that.
Then left youtube entirely and is doing some amazon prime shit right now.

His running gags about TRUXTON and some muscle car he owned got very tiring. I gave up when he started heavily shilling his comic project

>Went full retard
What did he say?

its like if truxton went back to the past in a delorean to assassinate jar-jar

lando

vectrex

Hilary Tweet? This I have to see.

>earning 10k per month on it.
What was his fucking problem then? That's $120,000 a year just from patreon. Is he fucking retarded?

Attached: matsumoto.gif (500x452, 987K)

He seems like a nice guy but past a certain point he just wasn't making interesting content and it was just Truxton memes.

Patreon is where shitty game ecelebs go to die

Attached: 1659362cbb74b7e9b.gif (380x213, 953K)

i dunno i checked out when he was jerking himself off over his stupid cyborg ninja comic

absolutely this

>the hillary tweet pretty much sealed his fate
Ok, this I have to see. Someone link it.

Attached: rich shaq meat evans.png (843x469, 271K)

>Hillary tweet
OK, now THIS I have to see.

>What did he say?
Fans wanted him just to keep up his normal upload schedule, but the motherfucker insisted that he needs to honor patreon rewards.
Which in the long run hurt his "reviews" on games.

*sigh* if only.

I must've dropped him long before Truxton because I don't even know what that's referring to.

LGR was better

Attached: boomer lgr.jpg (816x564, 115K)

Do you guys not have Ask Jeeves?

well, it was true for his case.

Attached: 1554663470861.png (618x207, 24K)

>LGR was better
>the best way to enjoy a game is in its original release state with all the bugs and issues
>also of course on the original pc hardware that it was released for
Yikes

Attached: 1426461869266.jpg (3282x1598, 1.16M)

Christ I can't wait for 11/3/20, more accurately 11/4/20 it's gonna be so much fucking fun.

not him, but maybe this is the one?
twitter.com/ClassicGameRoom/status/785474362971398144

Attached: 1537401383561.jpg (586x4014, 490K)

Racism is just the body's self defense mechanism. It's baked into humans on the genetic level. You can be against it, but that's like saying "I'm against people punching people square in the face". We all want to punch people all the time, but it's ignorant to say that's not part of the human condition.
- blogposter

Attached: NO CONTEST.gif (512x384, 1.92M)

oh nonononnono
twitter.com/ClassicGameRoom/status/784581686726098944

I'm getting worried for Dale to be honest, he's being even weirder than normal recently. The graphic violent fantasizing in particular seems to be coming up more and more.

TRUXTON!

VECTREX!

E
L

C
A
M
I
N
O
!

Trump curse
another one bites the dust

fuck mark, and double fuck him now lmao

Attached: 1527211996941.jpg (1462x1678, 527K)

>I watched part of the debate. Trump wants to be emperor, not president. I don't care for Hillary much either, but Trump cannot be elected.
If he had said "I hate them both", nobody would complain. When you have a public face you have to be neutral these days, either that or double down.

Imagine being such a cockroach electionfag you take the time to compile this and post it whenever the person is talked about.

I stopped watching after he left youtube, I don’t buy into streaming crap, all his channel is now is t shirt advertisements.

CGR's video style was faggot shit anyways
>DUDE BEER LMAO
>lol i played this modern game on my vectrex!!! so whacky!!!
>Intentionally talking slow in his PSP video to get the video to 10 mins
CGRUndertow is the true kino anyways

HE WAS SUPPOSE TO BE OUR GUY. Where the fuck else am I suppose to go to watch someone ramble endlessly about Laserdiscs & Mega Drive games? Is it just me, or has youtube gotten a LOT worse lately?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 206K)

>CGRUndertow
Isn't that guy a tranny now?

>Referencing Star Wars when talking about politics
Confirmed onions

I don't understand why people feel the need to do this on their brand accounts. I feel like it was common knowledge just a decade ago that it was smart to keep politics and religion private, at the very least out of your business.

I wouldn't be surprised, I always thought of him as a ninten drone and those usually end up as a tranny.

Still any source on that?

His content went sour AGES ago when he cut the length of his from 15 minutes to 10. I already had jumped the ship before it turned in an inside meme channel but even then, his reviews of modern games were quite disappointing and honestly felt he didnt played of them more than one or two hours.

>What would harry potter do in this situation?
>this is just like that time in game of thrones when...
>Luke skywalker would never do that
I'm entirely convinced people have been mass brainwashed through movies. It's fucking Scary.

Attached: nothing to chuckle about.gif (245x246, 1.93M)

>Still any source on that?
Stop being such an easy mark.

>From the land of the intergalactic spaceship windsquid comes the almighty Lord Karnage once again to review AIR SHOOTAN 04. The 4th AIR SHOOTAN in the series, this game is much like the classic thriller movie: Top Gun. (I really should watch that again). That movie was spectacular, starring Tom Cruise and Val Kilmer. And they landed on a battleship in that movie. In this game you fire bullets at other planes, much like in Top Gun. Here are some other movies with planes: Snakes on a Plane, Con Air, Airplane, and the recent classic, Flight 91.
>AIR SHOOTAN 04, for the PlayStation 2.

Attached: 1446588274891.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

I'm also convinced people have been mass brainwashed through the internet. See /pol/ and reddit for examples of this.

You're probably thinking of Krimble Justice

The Lord Karnage gag was ultra cringy.

Attached: 60758cec9a8aee2c24cbd58fe02dead0_original.jpg (1552x873, 217K)

He was going already downhill with demonetization and then he caught TDS in 2016 and everything that was not going downhill went downhill.

His older console reviews were much better than the game reviews anyway.

Don't blame me, he looked like a twink when he was making videos. Dunno how he looks right now.

Attached: 1473755747621.jpg (1200x900, 190K)

He's been doing this for over 20 years now. Burned out, should have just quit the first time around.

Why do you type like a zoomer who's never heard of CGR?
Unironically get cancer

It's such a good thing Trump won. The data showing how self-hating white liberals are while every other demographic very much likes themselves is ridiculous. How can anyone have faith in a party that's so riddled with confusion and self-loathing?

Derrick is a raging libtard but that doesn't really affect his content besides a few cringy jokes
I feel bad for the guy, his life is totally inshambles after Mark took away undertow

Are you going to, Yea Forums? It's at a discount right now and you're craving for that new CGR content.

Attached: vivaldi_2019-07-04_21-22-59.png (777x428, 143K)

Nah he's right, I like CGR but there was clearly 2 or 3 people shilling it hard on Yea Forums on a regular basis for years and enough of his viewers were here to keep the threads alive
I remember it got to the point where cgr became Yea Forums's offical eceleb for a short time, like fantano for Yea Forums

Shut the fuck up Mark

Attached: chrome_AD2xoeEyi7.png (277x280, 145K)

>25 dollars for a USB stick
>not even a DVD/bluray

Imagine being one of the dumbasses who sent him one of your rare and expensive games just so he would say your name in the shoutouts.

Attached: 1559166505455.jpg (480x360, 18K)

He wouldn't stop pushing the patreon constantly to the point of being obnoxious and the quality of his reviews declined rather than improved. I stopped watching because it just started getting irritating.

I used to pledge the dude's Patreon. Stopped when he started trying to move platforms, he pitched the idea of making the reviews Patreon only, and it was as fucking retarded then as it is now.
He hit a point years ago where he gave up on outreach to new audiences, and wanted to stick to a formula that was running dry years ago. The problem isn't even that he was a bad content creator. He could make a series that exuded a comfortable place, disconnected, that looked over video games and hardware that got people interested. But he didn't ever update things. He didn't keep up with audiences, or try and make himself stand out. To use a metaphor, he cut with the same knife until it went dull, but refused to bust out a sharpener.
If I were him, I would've played more into the idea of the setting. Not making storylines or any shit like that, but portraying it like some Bear in the Big Blue House shit could've worked. You go to a place that's separated from the world to relax and hear some stories of video games, past or present.
Another thing I want to add based off of that. I think his brand was strongest when he kept that separation up, like how AVGN manages to set the character and his review videos as a disconnected space from normal life. Around election time, he broke the separation, and that can kill a brand fast.

The 80's infomercial

Why is Etika twice on that list?

god i fucking hate politcal faggots on twitter

haven't watch CGR in years but what exactly does this mean? Like a patron paid for a specific thing for him to do in a video and he did it or something?

MUHAMMAD IN QATAR

>tfw CGR was actually part of my daily routine through college and work life
Yeah, it's obvious that after the Patreon started he kinda took a nose dip. I think what didn't help was he constantly did Kickstarters for shit after that. Still, the sweet spot will always be 2013 for me, and how much he shat on Knack.

Attached: 1548946046975.png (175x175, 17K)

this honestly. after enough videos in succession you get really fucking sick of that soundboard he uses to make things seem WOOOOOOOAAAAAAAHHHHHH

look at this waaaacky and zaaaany spaceship, you get to obliterate your ENEEEEMIIIIIIIIIIESSSS

i can hear this in my head and its making me angry

gamesack was better

CGR had been going for a long time, it wasn't going to last forever. They put out a lot of good shit, but it's time to move on.
And stop having these little hate circlejerks, you fucking bunch of women.

Attached: 1511631503294.jpg (400x300, 35K)

The video platform thing is what I think kinda killed him for a bit, remember for a while when he was just hosting them on his website for like a year? Weird times.

he never recovered after the automatic content ID strikes and the adpocalypse
I didn't pay much attention to CGR Mk 3 and beyond, it was like watching a show on life support
then he gave up on the game reviewing thing and started doing whatever shit he wants, good for him I guess