Why are the weapon designs in gta v so abhorrent?

Why are the weapon designs in gta v so abhorrent?

Attached: gtav_guns.jpg (1024x768, 118K)

What's so abhorrent about them? They seem fairly well-rounded.

skirting having to pay licenses for the real life counterparts.

Yup. Be thankful that they aren’t fallout 4 tier, OP

They all have the same color scheme.

Soulless.

Soul

Soulless

Attached: B3372EC8-4C09-42A8-A635-AD5484F8A7EC.png (896x642, 92K)

They wanted the modern mall tacticool design and . They dropped that concept as the game got more DLCs

because they're purposefully offbeat versions of real recognizable guns so that they don't have to pay licensing fees

they all look ugly and not quite right

In the re-release of GTA V the pistol's grip is changed from black (as seen here) to brown.
Similar to Vice City when the Ruger (then called "Kruger") was changed from wood to metal.

You can avoid licensing stuff but also not make your guns look so disproportionate

>Play TboGT
>Grab AA12 with explosive rounds
>Demolish police
Can't believe they nerfed the sniper and parachute glitch.

Attached: ash.png (373x466, 194K)

I think the "Carbine Rifle" looks alright.
Even though, the name is incorrect.
It's too big to be called a carbine.

Off-topic, but I think the shooting (as well as the driving) is better in GTA IV.

I highly disagree towards the driving being better in IV.

Attached: GTA IV Bullshit driving.webm (800x450, 2.88M)

The physics were, debatably, over-the-top in GTA IV which made cars rock like boats (this was to be expected since this was Rockstar's first major title with a complex physics engine), but at least the driving isn't mindless like in GTA V.
They could've tweaked with it rather than remove it almost entirely.
But they changed their game philosophy of GTA between IV and V, going for arcade-like in their core gameplay rather than simulation-like.

all of the rifles in gtav excluding snipers and the musket are carbine length

It appears I stand corrected.
I hope everyone can forgive me.

>going for arcade-like in their core gameplay
Kind of like literally every other GTA. Of course you'd know that if IV wasn't your first GTA game.

literally have over 10 camos/colors each but okay

My first was the original.
All I'm saying is the physics of GTA IV made its core gameplay more entertaining.

V had too many weapons it felt bloated and many of them felt the same.

When was GTA ever simulation-like? The fuck are you on

Attached: 1549305994512.png (250x250, 92K)

Because they're fictional frankenstein abominations trying and failing to imitate the real weapons.

It's made by a bunch of people in a noguns country

Badly done driving model in GTA IV wasn't fault of physics engine, but lazy developers. All it took to fix driving was to adjust vehicle configs in handling.dat, which is like 30KB of data.

They looked at unrealistic and buggy cars behavior and said "it is fine, no one will notice" and left it like that.

All games can be place on a scale between arcade and simulation (closer to reality).
GTA IV is the most simulation-like of the GTA games.