Comfy Roguelike thread

How go your runs, Yea Forums?

Pic related just got updated with hard mode and workshop support after half a year and it's pretty fun.

Btw Spelunky is only $3 in the Steam sale and definitely a must grab

Attached: vagante.png (803x599, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spelunky.fandom.com/wiki/YASD
youtube.com/watch?v=QnZV38-QOF8
zenorogue.blogspot.com/2019/06/hyperrogue-version-11.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Caves of Qud is the best roguelike.

A man of taste
Live and drink, friend

Attached: the turret clicks.jpg (1366x715, 136K)

>oh it's finally out of early access
>still over $9 in sale
ehhh

It's very worth it imo, it's my favorite after Nuclear Throne and Spelunky and playing around with builds is very fun.
also they added a new class called Hound Master in November? Hot dog I didn't know

Finally beat the first pyramid in Immortal Redneck.
Gimme some sugar.

>vagante
Is that spanish for big vagina?

Every time I play I end up getting stuck deep underground and never bother to go back up to explore the rest of the world

Thanks for bringing this up to me, seems extremely solid.
I'll buy it once it inevitably comes out on the Switch.

I hate these Steam/indie "roguelikes". Wish there were more hardcore mystery dungeon games.

"Vagante", in spanish and italian means something along the lines of "Vagabond".
A person that travels around, essentially.
It can also be used to describe an object that is moving, like a projectile.

I don't like Spelunky-esc games because I'm fucking terrible at them. I wish I was good and I wish I liked them but they just make me mad. I have to be honest with myself.

I'm pretty bad at platformers myself.
Maybe that's why I like gungeon so much.

Vagante allows for a slower pace. You can sit there and consider what build and items to buy since there's no ghost putting time pressure on you, but you can still die to a single spike trap, unless you boots that can crush spikes, or a ring of reviving, but I get where you're coming from. I was bad for so long at them until it kinda clicked. If you ever feel like giving them another go I'd say go watch some videos on basic and advanced tips.

Either way, reading this article is cathartic spelunky.fandom.com/wiki/YASD

ToMe is best roguelike

do some quests first and get a recoiler

Mystery dungeon games are a fucking disgrace, it's got the cheapest laziest level generation algorithm the genre has ever seen and they don't exactly make up for it elsewhere. What's worse is that they're looked at as references of what a good roguelike should look like by consolefags because it's the only one they've ever experienced.

Attached: 1560361741905.jpg (1156x1080, 353K)

Play Shigatari, it's awesome, you get to cut heads in one hit and fulfill your samurai duty a lot.

youtube.com/watch?v=QnZV38-QOF8

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as a Roguelike, is in fact a Roguelite.

DCSS is the best Rougelike imo

Spelunky isn't a Rougelike by the way

yikes, more like shitgatari

playing izuna on my phone when im taking a shit

stone soup is bland

I'm just waiting for Stone Shard to release. Played the demo a few months ago and this is the exact sort of Roguelike I've been wanting for years.

Attached: ss_41272c2d4daa1162817a362571d80e7d05295a32.1920x1080.jpg (800x461, 63K)

all rougue games are trash. An excuse for devs who cant make a coherent game.

screw you I thought I was going to get Katana Zero: Procgen Edition, but you shit on me with some Ren'Py shovelware

I am only able to progress in this game by building a cheeser stealth rogue with heavy usage of axes.
How the F do you get good at it? Especially with the beastfighter? Any tips?

>turn based

>no caveblazers
Dude. It has the best soundtarck I've listened to in years, and is pretty dynamic if your PC is good enough not to have microfreezes.
Reaper best starter perk, red beads best accessory.

Become the potion god
>mage
>immediately get the Luck skill that makes more items drop
>then run all the way up the Alchemy tree
>once you get max Alchemy, chug all the stat ups potions and transmute the worthless ones
Then you get super good stats. Then invest in Rod or something for your damage.

Thanks. Was never comfortable using rods that much, but they did seem powerful.

You'll probably get more consistent results if you just play a normal rod and spell mage. Or an archer.
But the most fun is wilding and going full BERSERKER with the ora ora punching

Been waiting so long for this to be playable to the public

>zenorogue.blogspot.com/2019/06/hyperrogue-version-11.html
So, how about those FPS roguelikes.

Was Chasm good?

Try Unexplored.

Darkest Dungeon is the best roguelike. Change my mind.