Nintendo Treehouse is bas-

>Nintendo Treehouse is bas-

Attached: 8CF4F2D0-A056-4CEE-B5F9-C19813E8C746.jpg (1888x1536, 392K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xN1Zm5bY2go?t=1025
youtu.be/WFO3diqEj50?t=1638
youtu.be/n5QRgpjfarY?t=24
translate.yandex.com/ocr
imagetranslate.com/
www26.atwiki.jp/gcmatome/pages/3748.html
youtu.be/EnDbWxyWu5o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

-ed

Only an NPC would consider personality bad.

-ically gonna kill your mom if you don’t reply to this post

remove

Attached: _completion_combi_translated.png (724x700, 101K)

They should go back and rewrite the jap dialogue to match the English version.

Based.

imagine being this fixated on a fucking mario game of all things

I don't speak Japanese, and am too lazy to use google translate, so I don't know if your translation is correct.
What I know is that OP will post that pic in the upcoming months at least 80 times.

Unironically impressed.

Reminder

Attached: Screenshot_20190703-103731__01.jpg (1080x1313, 229K)

Some people just need things to be angry about. He's probably been waiting for this moment since there hasn't been anything to complain about since fire emblem really

It's not about the translation being correct. The english and japanese dialog in OP don't come from the same moment.
JP is text after completing the last task.
jp youtu.be/xN1Zm5bY2go?t=1025
en youtu.be/WFO3diqEj50?t=1638
I don't know where the EN in OP comes from and I wish someone told me.

Reminder that phoneposting is a sin.

These have to be the most retardes fucking threads I have ever seen

>I don't know where the EN in OP comes from and I wish someone told me.
It's from when you talk to him again after you complete his jobs.

-ed

>soul vs soulless

Now, check my 5

Attached: 5.jpg (555x555, 66K)

Reminder that OP is a Snoy shill trying to divert attention from Snoy censorship
Sage and ignore, folks

Attached: 1556858036332.jpg (1024x849, 121K)

ahahahahahaha
Enjoy your next Fire Emblem game faggots

>""""""""""""Le quirky"""""""""""
>Mean while, in both games it has a disco dancing frog
Can phoneposters please fucking die already.

Attached: 1562162221334.png (640x480, 169K)

>there hasn't been anything to complain about since fire emblem really
What about that they still haven't told us fucking anything about bayo 3.

>Personality
Spouting random pseudo-intellectual bullshit out of nowhere isn't personality.

It's a joke about the eraser being a murderer because he erases things in your levels.

When did people stop being able to recognize trolling on this website?

90% of Yea Forums is using a phone to post these days. Do people really hunch over a monitor all day still?

>It's from when you talk to him again after you complete his jobs.
Welp, off to look at hours of footage to see if any japanese player randomly talks to him a second time after completing everything... not.

just turn the system language to japanese, and use google translated on his quote

Source on that elaborate claim?

Yes it unironically is. The original dialog is soulless as shit.

>implying any of these shitposters even have the game to begin with

>90% of Yea Forums is using a phone to post these days

No wonder Yea Forums is so fucking shit now.

Japanese writing is trash 99% of the time anyways, which is why completely changing it is almost always better in every situation

Defend treehouse replacing any attempts to translate or localize the original dialogue with Twitter memes, please.

Attached: file.png (1200x897, 1.4M)

I'll do it.

I got your defense right here, Pitty Pat.

Attached: 1341278998522.jpg (792x825, 322K)

I don't know any Twitter memes, but that just seems like a funny and quirky line.

>just turn the system language to japanese, and use google translated on his quote
If you can figure out how the fuck to type those moon runes on an English keyboard when you don't even know how to read Japanese.

youtu.be/n5QRgpjfarY?t=24

What am I supposed to do, download a Japanese keyboard on my phone and try to match all the shapes?

That's an insane improvement.

You know you can take a picture of something and have it translate that, right?

Nigga we're living in the future.

You....

Attached: 2FF708A4-B3D3-4E9E-96CF-E1D6F7882C37.jpg (1116x612, 413K)

No one can look me in the eyes and convince me they actually feel strongly about the integrity of the writing in fucking Mario Maker. Stop posting this shit over and over.

Attached: 1456543146626.jpg (475x351, 14K)

>The most talented studio in the history of video games pours their hearts and souls into a project
>Some shitkicking dairy farmers in america completely change it

There's being patriotic and then there's just being an asshole.

Attached: American Tourists.jpg (2172x1474, 529K)

Saved for later usage, fuck OP and fuck his mother.

They have been doing this FOREVER. In fact, most of you fucks praise the personality in the Paper Mario/Mario and Luigi games, which is 100% added by the localizers.

>having this much of a multi-day autistic shitfit over a joke about an sentient eraser

Holy fuck OP, you're gayer then I'd previously ever imagined.

Attached: t t t.gif (500x444, 980K)

And it failed spectacularly in every game except two.

Also, praise? Making a lot of assumptions here.

Attached: seven_samurai_movie_image_04.jpg (929x697, 238K)

>You know you can take a picture of something and have it translate that, right?
Seriously? No, I did not know that. What's the app called?

"Google Translate"

if the japanese nintendo doesn't like it translation, why don't they tell them no? you really think the translators translate stuff without nintendo looking into it?
iirc, mario rpgs are basically made in english to begin with

>pours their hearts and souls into a project
I guarantee you no one on the Japanese team thought much about the lines they wrote for the characters after they were done. This isn't a fucking JRPG, they just needed these cartoon characters to say shit when you talk to them. The heart and soul went into creating content for the level creation.

It’s referencing the “Luigi mean stare MeMe”

Your guarantee means nothing.

Attached: secretmessage.png (320x240, 16K)

that message is in english

this is fine on harmless shit like this. it becomes too much when shit like pic related starts to happen.

Attached: HYQME3P.png (748x1284, 678K)

o no

Don’t get fooled the app fucking sucks, it can’t translate hentai for shit.

>Luigi being part of the main story in a paper mario

Jesus Wept

The character is a fucking talking eraser, and you're complaining about "quirkiness"?

Unironically added soul and I was one of the ones so mad about FE Fates that I skipped it.

This, pretty much if it changes things for the worst I fucking hate it. Who cares if I miss out on “good job well done bye”

>MACFRYYYYYY

Also GC Animal Crossing.
The only reason why everyone pines for the strong personalities of that game is because Treehouse added everything themselves.

Thankfully hentai plot isn't worth shit to begin with, so you get some key words that you can make your own story out of.

>posts an example of a game with almost no dialogue
They poured their hearts and souls into everything but the dialogue.

Shit, I literally had no idea. Thanks, user.
Well that's disappointing.

Based hitman eraser

i sure do love fake shitposty outrage

>good things are good
only if you're not a retarded turboweeb who loves talking erasers

Just neck yourself already you piss ant.
Back to with you.

So what? It's something that you either get and find amusing or you don't get it and still find it amusing. I mean, perhaps one doesn't find it amusing, but there's certainly no obvious cringy aged meme in there.

I say that, but it still bugs me how Guacamelee had dumb memes in it like "Trololo" and "Derp". I don't know if they did it differently or if I'm just being a hypocrite.

Not true. I watched this intro so many times it unironically taught me English.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 24K)

>This fag couldn't handle the dankness.
Just sad.

Alternatively
translate.yandex.com/ocr
imagetranslate.com/

RPGs (role playing games" are about immersion and pop culture references take you out of it. This isn't like rawk hawk "oh this bird is a lot like hulk hogan" but more "hey did you see that meme on reddit where luigi has a creepy stare?"

That was my first post in the thread, and you're already sick of me and resorting to website boogeymen?

>Reminder that OP is a Snoy shill
I wish, but the guy does the same thing with Sony games too.
He's just a weeb in every sense of the word.

>Dubbed Yu-Gi-Oh!
>Kino, Soulful, Iconic
>Japanese Yu-Gi-Oh!
>Generic, Soulless, Forgettable

How?

Well the site is full of actual pedos.

Worst outcome they pull a Metroid Prime 4.

Still more upset about Atlus putting a spin-off of a game that was never on the system rather than focusing on a mainline game

>rather than focusing on a mainline game
Atlus works in teams user, Q doesn't affect smtv.

Etrian on the other hand.

I don't like translators injecting memes or changing some serious piece of dialog, but it's some side character in a romhack tool, it doesn't matter.

That'd be nice actually.

how do you know it’s the same poster?

He asks

私からの仕事は以上だが・何か困っているのか?
If you reply yes he just erases himself again and falls over.

Imagine being so angry at criticism that you completely ignore four sets of dialogue to respond to critics

Attached: E77CEE84-87C5-4921-8A4B-FD4BC488A605.png (1194x721, 2.07M)

To be fair, why would to assassin's who do the nasty kind of wet works for their respective countries be willing to talk to each other and divulge so much information in their first encounter?

And magic doesn't exists.
So why have that in a game too?

>私からの仕事は以上だが・何か困っているのか?
>My job is over, but are you in trouble?
Thanks. My curiosity is sated.

So this is the equivalent of the text in the OP I guess.

>Q
You're right but I was referring to Strikers.

iirc they said Treehouse were the ones who came up with calling the tutorial section yamamura's dojo, and the director loved it. Changes like this are normal and probably encouraged, give it a break.

GODDAMN WHY DOES THIS WORK?

Is this accurate at all?

Attached: Nintendo Translations.png (1378x532, 36K)

MUH LITERAL TRANSLATIONS

Attached: 4654.png (1019x751, 1.62M)

So having professionals not like act like professionals and out of character is justified?
What sort of fallacy do you think we'd fall for?

... Because it's the actual in-game translation?

except it literally isn't retard, the edited english one adds flavor meanwhile the japanese one is just polite

Attached: DkmvxebUwAEp8wO.jpg (620x600, 48K)

Not really anymore

Eraser is a good guy though, he would never.

>humor is bad
But 99% of this site is people laughing at each other getting angry

exactly, still true today, it seems

Top is better. Gives Mr. Eraser some personality. All his dialogue makes him sound like a shifty hitman or something.

It's good.
Get fucked OP. Just bought another copy to defy you.

Only for fire emblem

Faggot

I still don't get why autists like OP don't just learn Japanese.
一応時間があれば誰でも出来ることですから
ネット上の掲示板で泣いたり愚痴ったりよりマシでしょ?

Attached: 69508076_p0.png (601x670, 278K)

actual bait

This is just sad.

Make it more pseudo-philosophical, and must some sort of reference to weeb culture.

Interesting. On my copy he asks
なんだ? まだ人生にまよいがあるのか?
You can reply with えーと・・・ or なんでもない
You must have the super special dev build or something.

This seems to be an improvement.

Attached: Nintendo Translations.png (1378x532, 36K)

Mada jinsei ni mayoi ga aru no ka? ~Are there still things you haven't figured out in life?
Or something. I guess that fits his "cool philosophical older guy that likes to says Adios" character he has in JP.

Oh shit

adds personality without bullshit
nice

Fuck you

>Caring about dialogue in a children's/all age game
Based

Wait until this guy finds out about Super Paper Mario

>mfw localization gives characters more enjoyable dialogue and magnetic charisma
>mfw people getting upset it isn't a boring transliteration

Attached: gregor full.jpg (330x434, 128K)

If you're not translating you're just writing fan fiction.

Fanfiction that is objectively superior to the original product

Translation is literally just taking general concepts and rewriting them into the output language. For all intents and purposes, it's fanfiction.
If you don't like it then just learn the language said products get translated from. If you're too retarded to even understand languages work differently then you should probably just kill yourself.

This is an extreme amount of seething and cringe, how yikes!

It is, OP got it wrong. The english text in OP is the second post-completion dialog. The same in japanese is here:
The JP text in OP is dialog at completing the last task. The english equivalent is the one there:

desu gregor's localization bothered me at first but it was so perfect that I didn't care after his first support. Then they did Effie and I got pissed because her actual character was pretty good before and they just completely changed it.

>Boring old man mercenary
>turned into a russian mercenary who is still an old man
Cool.

>clumsy girl who is a lot stronger than she looks and has trouble controlling her strength, often breaks things
>turned into DO YOU EVEN LIFT BRO? WANT SOME MORE TRAINING STONES TO PUT IN YOUR ARMOR? I DRINK LIKE FIVE PROTEIN SHAKES FOR BREAKFAST AHAHAHA
Not cool.

Please no.

i wouldnt mind treehouses freeform translating if they were good writers. theyre not.

fire emblem awakening is the only game i stopped playing because the writing was so unbearable.

No u

Attached: A891EADD-D0B6-4096-961B-8D2593714F8B.jpg (700x1000, 389K)

Attached: danger dog.jpg (1414x1270, 629K)

>Dialogue after completing all the tasks and returning to chat
>Dialogue right after completing a task
LMAO THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF Yea Forums

Attached: 1547333365430.jpg (1024x1006, 54K)

no one:

not a single soul:

Yea Forums: HOW DARE THEY GIVING THE ERASER A PERSONALITY? I WANT MY THAUSAND TIMES FOLDED NIP ERASER WITH NO PERSONALITY!!!

This is just based

Based

Fuck off back to facebook and youtube comments fag

make me

this makes absolutely no fucking sense
if nobody is saying anything for the last person to reply to then why is there literally "no one:"?
do people not know what starting a conversation is?

If I reply to this post will I get free bugspray to ward off the Treehouse lentillads?

this meme infuriates me. it reads very obnoxiously

What

>still pretending this is a shot at the critics not a joke about thr many people like this in every field and fandom
I'm one of those people, and even I recognize a joke when I see one. Get perspective.

Kill yourself

If you guys stopped spreading misinformation like this you might be taken more seriously when real shit happens

>5 paper mario games
>5 mario and luigi games
>5+ animal crossing games
>several zelda games
That's just a few of the games they have translated for.

Fuck you

based rotty

>pseudo-intellectual
you're incorrectly using this term retard

>Effie went from stock anime wai-shit to whey-fu Amazon
Sounds based to me.

It's not because the character is still tiny as fuck but wearing massive armor, and her displayed personality through animations is still that of a dainty girl. The only thing that changed was the dialogue.

Nothing wrong this, whoever has a problem is a filthy kike, faggot and/or nigger

This isn't anything like TTYD you fucking faggots. The original japanese script was hilarious too, and is quite famous for its black comedy.

www26.atwiki.jp/gcmatome/pages/3748.html

>And it failed spectacularly in every game except two.
What are those two exactly?

You people deserve to have a brick jettisoned into your brains.

KIU faggots defend these localizations every time.

What?

Are these LONG SERIES OF THREADS just the result of flinging shit at the wall until one thing turns out to be a successful (you) generator then you just milk that and move onto the next one?

Do you know why?

Well no, this guy is legitimately mad about it not being a 1:1 translation even if it isn't possible for some lines.
He'd rather a game not come to the west if it has to be changed even though he doesn't know Japanese.

I genuinely don't see a problem here. There's no agenda being pushed her, no shoe-horned memes, or censorship. Quirky flavor text differing between regions is nothing new.

I understand the lingering rage against the treehouse, their fuck ups during the Wii U/3DS era were significant and with shit like this and pic related happening every other game.
However, complaining about literally everything the treehouse does, you're doing nothing but hurting your own cause and the tree house won't get any better.
There's literally nothing wrong with giving a gag character quirky dialogue. The problems like when important details of events or characters are dropped in favor of shitty memes.

Attached: TMS-Tsubasa-Comparison-696x328.jpg (696x328, 45K)

Reminder that the English dialogue for the Octavio fight in Splatoon 1 is LEAGUES better than the original Japanese.

Cheeky nigger

because you think joke dubs are funny, probably a symptom of being a dubfag in general.
i played it, it's not like i haven't experienced it firsthand, i'd just always rather get the closest translation possible.

Isn't this literally two different dialogue boxes too?

>because you think joke dubs are funny
BZZT WRONG

Yeah but he doesn't know that.

kill yourself, reddit.

>stockholm syndrome
o no

Go back to Gaia.

KIU's dub was saturday morning cartoon kino.
You can have your opinions, as I have mine, but I much prefer the dub dialogue and voices.

Attached: 1551206283603.jpg (950x800, 137K)

>i'd just always rather get the closest translation possible.
The original version was absolute trash but still as jokey only said jokes fell flat and weren't very funny.
That's why Sakurai and the writers gave the localizers permission to rewrite so heavily.

go ahead, explain how not liking that shit makes me gaia.

Fag

I GOT DIDDLED AGAIN

>ironic weeb
>calling anyone else reddit

Adding character to any NPC is always better than a flat generic response. If it were reversed you'd bitch about the Jap version having more character and "waaahhh why is the localization team so lazy"

Fuck

i think you're having reading comprehension problems if you think i'm an ironic weeb for not liking nintendo of america's splatoon rewrite.

This. KI:U was garbage and it’s dub was shit

Do you even know what an ironic weeb is?

if the original was absolute trash, give me absolute trash. if i want to read what some faggot american writers think is funny i'll play some western movie game like uncharted.

Stop replying yourself.

>give me absolute trash.
So what you're saying is that you have no standards whatsoever and don't care about the wishes of the creator.

normalfags that only play popular japanese games but boast about being weebs, little to no interest or understanding of japanese culture, often dubfags.

This, it’s not up to the localizer to change the author’s intent, he just has to make the original text understandable in another language. All changes should be in the name of easier comprehension, I don’t want to see his idea of ‘funny’ cause he isn’t a developer.

That’s what people say about the Kid Icarus 3DS game and it isn’t true, so why should I believe what you dumb fucks say about Paper Mario?

my standards are that i play japanese games to see what japanese artists make and not burgers' loose adaptations of them, and that i'd like a product closest to what the creator intended, but if the creator wishes for the english version to be a memey rewrite because they aren't confident in their original work, i might pass on the english version of that game. still play ghm games though.

Because the Paper Mario games are good and Kid Icarus is for massive faggots.

You didn’t like the Ghost Stories dub did you?

>normalfags that only play popular japanese games but boast about being weebs, little to no interest or understanding of japanese culture, often dubfags
Oh to were so close too.
One, they don't boast about being weebs, they don't even identify as such.
Two, they always go with subs regardless of the VA quality of either version.

>it’s not up to the localizer to change the author’s intent
Stop replying to yourself and actually pay attention to the thread.

so you're one of those niggers, spare us replying to you and just keep posting the pasta that anyone who doesn't learn japanese is an ironic weeb.

it has some good jokes from clips i've seen of it, but i wouldn't actually watch full episodes that way because it wouldn't entertain me. i don't want to watch an abridged series that's the length of the original.

I think it's fine in cases like this, where they're taking an extremely minor character who only spouts stock text and making him a bit more memorable. I don't think even the original author would care that much if he found out this talking eraser had his dialog punched him.

>my standards are that i play japanese games to see what japanese artists make
You don't even understand Japanese, if you cared that much you would have learned the language.

When the average IQ of this board dropped to such low extends that it became impossible to distinguish trolling from stupidity.

No one on the fucking planet thinks that dub is a good localization or translation.

That is not what an ironic weeb is at all. An ironic weeb is someone who labels themselves a weeaboo because it's le quirky.

God I hate the likes of you so much

There is nothing I find funnier than when people who don’t know Japanese claim that the original Japanese version of a game was boring and dry and that the English localization is 100% responsible for any sense of personality. Because it’s almost never true.

fafaf

>us
You do know you're all alone here, right?

It is absolutely a potshot on Treehouse's part when it's about localization and people who criticize them.

>An ironic weeb is someone who labels themselves a weeaboo because it's le quirky.
That's a fake weeb not an ironic weeb.

>Posters: 112

Sakurai let them rewrite the jokes to be more appealing to Americans, not because he thought the jokes in the original Japanese version weren’t funny you retard.

Heh

No, that's what doing something "ironically" means.

i wonder how much inexperienced translators also factor here. there are a shit ton of ways to write things in japanese, and changing one symbol can change the entire mood of a line even if it expresses two very similar things when translated to english. one famous trope here being the kanji that can mean "enemy" or "friend" depending on the context.

like someone who doesnt know japanese that well can go "oh hes just saying a simple thing" while its a bit more potent, but the nuance is missed.

i hope it doesnt happen often.

>Op's mother was obviously killed by a Hitman
>Every time he sees the eraser he sees his mom getting erased by an HD 22, point blank range.

Attached: FkL3b.jpg (600x654, 110K)

I thought ironic weebs were the ones who are interested in things like Neptunia and Kurosuba, and act obnoxious about how much they like anime ironically.

America isn't infested with leftcu-

Attached: 15538373088245.jpg (1209x441, 223K)

fuck you faggot

it happens all of the time

Nigger

I think it happens all the time, unfortunately. You’re right that Japanese has a lot of small nuances that people who have only been learning it for a short while don’t know how to pick up, the problem is that most people who aren’t that great at Japanese don’t realize that they aren’t that great.

well, yeah, I might've phrased it wrong. They're liking anime because it's le wacky and look how wacky those weeaboos are. They don't like them, but look how WACKY they are.

your post sucks but now i finally get the joke.
>eraser

Reminder that this is an eraser

And according to my 5 years in Uni, erasers can't assassinate people.

Attached: 9739346-main-530Wx530H.jpg (530x530, 130K)

the first two?

It's a pun on an American idiom "rub someone out", which means to assassinate them.

How to tell how good the dub for kiu is
>nobody in Japan likes hades and was never considered for smash
>in the US everyone loved hades and wanted him in smash

why the fuck would you black out ths fag's username? some of us might want to find his account and make fun of him, you know. think beyond yourself

haven't once seen anyone suggest him for smash.

it's not a real post, shmuck.
>Please do not directly quote this post for I will be changing my username and requesting the mods to delete this post in a few day.

>translator having an existential crisis and typing it out
KEK these “people” are pathetic as hell and laughing at their despair is a good time.

learn Japanese.

It's not my picture, I wish I could crush the balls of the coward who blacked out the name because he was afraid of being banned.

> In the English version Pit has a unique death scream in smash ultimate that’s not in the Japanese version.
youtu.be/EnDbWxyWu5o

based
OP BTFO

You weren’t in Yea Forums before ultimate came out. People wanted bandana dee, Marx, hades and a couple more

i just don't read most smash threads.

Erasers aren't people

[Citation needed]

Can you fuck it and reproduce? I think not.

Attached: 59F759E5-F37F-452B-87A0-F549DBFF490A.jpg (512x512, 19K)

>Please do not directly quote this post for I will be changing my username and requesting the mods to delete this post in a few day.

It was pointless too since that user apparently changed his username.

Honestly, what I hate the most about this is that the writing in Awakening and Fates probably isn't as bad as it seemed, and I might not hate the dumb forced romance bullshit if every support conversation didn't feel like it was written by a retard that watches too much anime and wanted to be quirky.

The old tone of the games writing used to be so much better, it added a lot to the atmosphere of the games. Obviously the gameplay is the biggest issue with Awakening, but shit like this really drags down the experience too in my opinion.
The Japanese translation of that scene actually has the characters talking to each other like adults, about the current political conflict, as if they live in that world. Everything in the NA versions makes the characters feel like awkward stupid teenagers hanging out after highschool or something and they almost never actually talk about or acknowledge the world or take the setting seriously to any real extent. I really hope they replace the current localization team for the games at some point, but what has me worried is that since Awakening was such a smash hit even though it fucking sucked they probably don't want to rock the boat too hard and won't fix what isn't broken as long as people keep buying for the dumb waifu shit.

Attached: Fire Emblem supports.jpg (2610x1422, 1.15M)

Because he's a people errasor

They actually did change the localization team.

Awakening was by 8-4, Fates by Treehouse, Echoes back to 8-4 and then the upcoming Three Houses by Treehouse.

That's pretty fuckin neato

a handful of instances with good comedic timing doesn't excuse it's overall shittiness

fpbp

Is there any bigger form of human garbage than people who go somewhere to enjoy the benefits it fostered then try to change it to their own irredeemably shit taste in everything.

I get it, he's talking like a hit man and how he can "Rub someone out for you" like an assassin would say. I don't see the problem here.

Are you mad because they added personality to the Gamecube Animal Crossing's localization too? I wish they did this more often, honestly.

Common sense? It's a pretty simple deduction.

SOUL STATUS: ACQUIRED

But he IS in smash... in spirit.