Silent Hill

>muh wife and daughter and muh resolve to go on living and defend an innocent child despite the circumstances
>muh wife and my inability to cope with myself let alone an ailing loved one
>muh three lifetimes worth of trauma in one body, muh dad and muh best friend who murdered him
Fucking losers. None of them can even come close to knowing true pain. Being born in a 10/10 Chad body, while also being an autistic NEET degenerate. The waste of it all. The tragedy. It's almost Shakespearian. Worse, he's a modern day Tantalus. Henry is truly the saddest SH protagonist. If not the saddest character in all of fiction. Also, SH thread I guess.

Attached: henry.jpg (1118x862, 96K)

Attached: heather_phone6.jpg (1048x800, 113K)

He's way better at combat than others too

I really like SH4 but I haven't managed to get past the part with the escalators and the hands that pop out of them without Eileen getting hurt so much that she has marks all over her body ugh

Just heal her with candles right before the final boss. Also, if I remember right, an ax works really well on the wall fags, you just have to time it right.

Is Henry autistic? i think he is

best thing about SH

anyone that disagrees needs glasses

Eileen can't die, save 2 candles and use them before you enter SuperIntendent's Room in the final area.

Thanks

Or really schizoid.
>missing for a week
>no one noticed
;_;

Also unequip her weapon if you want her to follow you more closely. The bitch is bloodthirsty and will hunt down any monster if you give her a handbag.

Is this _literally_ me?

Possessed Eileen is pretty kino though.
>suddenly levitates and speaks in tongues

Attached: heather_jokestab.webm (1920x1080, 1.67M)

Possessed Henry chanting gibberish behind your door was way more kino, and creepy as fuck.

Heather has a fucked up sense of humor.

Well to be fair that detective also thought about killing her

but It's too fun

True. Best haunting in the game. The titular room was generally underutilized. Apart from the few hauntings, they never really committed to sweeping the rug from under your safe and familiar space. It's a shame.
And no survival instinct. The man had a gun. Good ting Douglas is such a softie.

>Good ting Douglas is such a softie.
>tfw no Douglas bf

Attached: doug.png (1280x725, 841K)

underrated SH game

I almost wish the Silent Hill games were longer for the sole reason we could have more time to interact with the characters. They're all really good but they have like a handful of cutscenes each.

Aren't the effects of the candle temporary on Eileen? was it 10 secs max or something.

I think that whatever state she's in before her final cutscene is the one she stays in during the boss fight, but I'm not positive.

I've not played SH3 yet, was that Shakespeare puzzle really as hard as some people make it out to be?

Only on hard. And mostly because it operates on really tortured logic.

For one thing, know that it only shows up on the hard puzzle difficulty - otherwise it's a piss easy thing where you rearrange books to see the numbers on the spine
The actual puzzle is pretty hard, yeah. The five books are Romeo and Juliet, King Lear, Macbeth, Hamlet, and Othello, and you have to know what happens in some of them to beat the puzzle. The game gives you the one for Macbeth for free essentially since it tells you the relevant quote if you inspect it in your inventory, but that's all. I've read Hamlet, Macbeth, and Romeo and Juliet in full, with some idea what King Lear is about, but I still didn't get it. And I considered myself a "literature person" once. So, yeah, it's hard. Moreso than the piano key puzzle from SH1 I'd say.

>SH2 had 9 endings
>SH3 has three, both of which are shit and a joke ending
What went wrong?

Doesn't help that the verses describing Macbeth and Othello are extremely vague and easy to apply to either one of them. But it's the math shit that made me scratch my head.

I didn't even know there was math. I was just annoyed how one part was about "madness" when it's central to both Hamlet and King Lear. Even with a semi-decent memory of Hamlet, those hints are so vague that I couldn't be sure I was right. But if there is math that takes it to another level.

Yeah, the numbers aren't enough. Once you get the books in order, you have to transform some of the numbers according to the penultimate verse. It's easy if you know what you're supposed to be doing. But like I said in a previous post, it's not very intuitive.
>One vengeful man spilled blood for two;
Hamlet, you have to multiply the number on his book by two
>Two youths shed tears for three;
Romeo and Juliet, multiply by three
>Three witches disappeared thusly;
Macbeth's number isn't a part of the code, scrap it

Huh, that's bizarre. I thought the game had the easiest puzzles in the series otherwise, at least on normal. Like most of them were first-try solves.

I don't know, I remember Stanely's creepy face eating poem giving me trouble as well.
>imagine that the number pad is a face
>but a really weird one

Was that what happens if you try to enter Stanley Coleman's room? I honestly just skipped past it. The other puzzles in the hospital weren't bad, there was one with numbers but I somehow got it first try.