With a SP Quake reboot inevitable, what are you expecting/wanting to see

With a SP Quake reboot inevitable, what are you expecting/wanting to see

Attached: 636707801522226562.png (1000x799, 446K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ECHLYTeq5Rs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's one of the games that doesn't need a reboot. Even from a technical standpoint.

Except it's already been rebooted, it's called DooM 2016.

>inevitable

Attached: file.png (277x271, 7K)

no thinkerror or sponge
forget qc ever existed

I just want a straight sequel to Quake 1.

A bunch of faggy unnecessary lore like the new doom.

It's pretty obvious it's coming. id shooters are the hot "new" thing and MachineGames is likely going to be put on Quake duty after finishing Wolfenstein.

Todd Howard as final boss, maybe Pete Haynes.

>Ranger kills nazi ogres and death knights with his lesbian daughter

just legit sequel to 1 we never got

Tell me RIGHT FUCKING NOW why you think a Quake Reboot is inevitable. I've had similar thoughts for the following reasons.

-several enemy designs in Doom Eternal are very Quake 1-esque, even mentioning slipgates at one point
-Bethesda just funded a brand new pro Quake Tournament with a new duel mode despite Quake Champions clearly not doing well. The only reason I would think they would do this is to drive up hype for Quake.

Attached: 1494154167381.png (480x640, 372K)

They also had MachineGames do a level to celebrate Quake's anniversary.

Don't give me hope man

Attached: C O O L L E R.webm (1280x720, 2.89M)

Attached: file.png (800x650, 651K)

imagine a non-shitty reboot of heretic/hexen and blood 3d... is this the new era of FPS?

Attached: GOAT.jpg (1920x1417, 1024K)

But what if user

Attached: thinkin bout quake.jpg (403x604, 53K)

A Quake reboot would play identically like DooM 2016 and DooM Eternal except with a texture pack slapped on, why the fuck would they do that? Besides, there's no point in making a Quake reboot since DooM is the more recognizable franchise. I just want a Quake 3 remaster or some shit like that without all the retarded QL/QC shit.

stop talking about things you don't understand

Attached: easier than replying.jpg (1008x850, 278K)

no, fuck you
i want a proper q1 sequel as a cherry on top so the series can die in peace, same with duke
latest entries in those franchises are fucking disgraceful
doom 2016 almost made it, eternal looks like it's adopting a "going all out" approach as a definitive finisher

Attached: 1533522120958.jpg (960x960, 74K)

Keep dreaming, retarded falseflagging zoomer. To Bethesda Quake is just multiplayer only and that's how it should be. Matter of fact, I don't even want a reboot just to spite stupid fucks like you who don't feel like just playing Quakespasm with the base game and expansions but instead whine about a reboot.

Just play custom levels, it's not like an actual developer will ever do it right.

Listen you fucking retard there are 200 fucking Quake 3 clones that have all failed because no one wants it. Why arent you playing

>reflex
>warsow
>cpma
>quake live

And I know 2 others off the top of my head I can't remember the names of just because they looked exactly the same. I'm not whining about shit retard but a Quake 1 reboot would be fucking awesome. We never got a sequel and a proper one would be great.

Quake Champions was the only way to make a successful multiplayer quake conceptually, they just fucked up every aspect of it.

Attached: dont ever talk to me or my son again.png (465x745, 445K)

>reflex
meme movement
>warsow
meme movement
>cpma
meme movement
>quake live
I do play it sometimes but it's 20 years old something new would be nice :)

You are the reason Quake 4 existed, because people like you complained and moaned about Doom getting a sequel but not Quake. And guess what happened, you got Doom 3 with a fucking texture pack. Stop. A reboot is going to be Doom 2016 with a texture pack, it would be fucking worthless.

To all QUAKENIGGERS in this thread: play Quakespasm with the base game, expansions, and Arcane Dimensions. Now fuck off.

Imagine the level of shitstorm that a Q1 sequel or soft reboot would have regarding movement.

>meme movement
Its fucking great what is your problem?
>something new would be nice
Thats what we're asking for? What are you even arguing about.

Quake 4 was fucking great so I don't really see your point. For competitive Quake, it had my favorite movement and not to mention my favorite weapon design.
youtube.com/watch?v=ECHLYTeq5Rs

You know? I've been meaning to do that for a while I will you fuck

Attached: 1507410904392.jpg (640x1920, 192K)

i did, you cockmunching zoomzoom
i want something fresh
cpma is babbymode shit, quake 4 was shit

>cpma shit
>quake 4 shit

You talk like a fag, and your shits all retarded

Attached: cpm420.jpg (1920x1080, 293K)

Why would you be hopeful to see Quake dragged through the mud called Doom 4/Eternal? Fuck off, really. idthesda shat out a log, you sucked it down, and now you want to regurgitate it onto my own Quake shaped burger. Fuck off.

Arcane Dimensions is overrated and largely the codebase of Quoth and enemiea from Hexen mixed with a bunch of maps that had already existed for years.

expected nothing else from a drooling retard
>OLD GAME GOOD
>NEW GAME BAD
wanna know how i know you werent even in your local mailmans nutsack when doom was released

Where is your argument, user?

Look out guys he's dropping his hot opinions everywhere

Attached: 1391357949423.gif (280x289, 1.32M)

B.A.S.E.D. anti-NuDoom gamer
RETARDED zoomer doomer boomer quadnigger
Yeah, now fuck off
>Quake 4
>good
Yeah, if you like SHIT (Quake 2)

quake 2 sucks
Quake 4 Great

Heres a game you'd love

Attached: rtRaRjz.jpg (1024x598, 63K)

let me spell it out for you then you goddamn turd
you were born post 2000 and can shove your fake boomer experience where the sun dont shine
absolutely assblasted

t. can't handle real movement

Attached: trying to get the ra on cpm22.gif (450x240, 1.99M)

You don't need to be 40 years old to see that nuDoom sucks horse dick, and to realize that anything Beth shat out would just be that game with new paint.

>real movement
>literally needs training wheels
$5 says your dumb ass cant do backwards b2r
can it zoomer, you dont know shit

>heres quake 3 movement
>also have some quake 1 movement on top of it
>also have some entirely new things only in CPM
>training wheels

It's been fun calling you a faggot but its no fun beating up a retard. This will be your last (you), don't spend it all in one place

Attached: 1357139509862.jpg (400x300, 111K)

How can you argue in favor of Q3A and yet not shit on the bastardized corridor shooter that is D44m? Are you just fishing for replies?

ok, you never played doom 2016, last reply
not gonna bother with that cpma fag either, because i know who he is
always talks shit but gets stomped hard by anyone competent LMAO
keep jacking off to lizards you scalie fuck

BETTER FUCKING SHOTGUN
LIKE IN QUAKE II

that's what I want. What I expect to see is running after monsters circlestrafing with grenade launcher and nail gun
but god I want the shotguns to be good
oh they might also completely fuck up the perfect weapon balance of Quake, that would be a shame since it's so particularly perfect in the original.

Quake would be more fun if the rocket launcher didn't exist or was severely castrated desu.

What's wrong with Q1 super shotty? It does its job well