Reminder that Rainbow 6 Siege went from a counter-terrorist vs terrorist shooter to a "training exercise" between...

Reminder that Rainbow 6 Siege went from a counter-terrorist vs terrorist shooter to a "training exercise" between operators to appease an ethics team who thought that playing as terrorist was immoral

Attached: R6SJW.png (854x480, 196K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KwthNEN0KGI
youtube.com/watch?v=ce5WpM-JMYg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tom Clancy didn't want people playing as terrorists retard.

>Source: Dude trust me
I bet you think there was an outrage about Doom too

Wouldn't it be worse for people to be pit against one another to fight, get shot, and die for literally no reason - versus fighting for their deepest held convictions?

Reminder that literally nobody cares about siege or anything ubisoft shits out of their butts

That makes sense to me.
I mean, what would be next, multiplayer games that let you play as the nazis?

yes we get it, you wanted to make the same thread again, why didn't you just do that in the first place?

TOM CLANCY'S FUCKING DEAD

they've been making tom clancy games for over twenty years you moron.

Attached: 1.jpg (640x628, 40K)

It sickens me that World War II games could allow us to play the Nazis! Don't game devs know that they were bad!

Nazis are bad!

Next thing you know it they make us play terrorists in games!

Attached: 1024px-Flag_of_Germany_(1935–1945).svg.png (1024x614, 18K)

Based retard
The main mode was always a training exercise, how do you explain a fbi/gign/navy seals agent shooting another fbi/gign agent
The situations are "real life"

heres ur "ethics team" bro

Attached: MV5BMTg1NjM0OTQ0OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODQwMTgxOA@@._V1_.jpg (1370x2048, 1.01M)

He must be rolling in his grave now seeing what Ubishit has done with his IPs: Ghost recon is now a Far Cry clone with shitty gear, Rainbow Six is a hero shooter with stupid skins and gadgets

Attached: 123094871204.png (854x954, 604K)

Multiplayer in the original Rainbow Six games has always been Rainbow vs Rainbow. Fucking kekolds

Attached: mp.webm (720x480, 1.26M)

He was alive for End War, Hawx, and Future Soldier. He let ghost writers use his name for a cut of the profits. He literally never cared as long as he got money

I miss playing this with force first person.

Don't forget the Vegas series games

Yeah but in Siege it's obvious it was gonna be terrorists
Defenders throw away c4 bombs and detonate them with their phones and one dude's gadget is a fucking car battery

Why EC think we are so extra retarded that we need a CONTINUOS reminder that Nazis are bad?

Attached: Patchy_Unamused_.jpg (354x367, 26K)

>it's obvious to me so that means it's true

>it's obvious to me so that means it's true
>In the E3 demo the defenders were literally terrorists
Don't know dude he must be Sherlock

I think the only game ever based off anything Tom Clancy actually wrote was the first Rainbow Six were the villains were left wing eco terrorists lmao

Pretty sure one of the clauses of the Tom Clancy partnership was that terrorists can't be playable.

Attached: Gt4VSbY_d.jpg (640x568, 21K)

Uh, no sweetie, the creative director literally said the operator system was already planned but kept secret when Siege was first revealed at E3 in 2014
youtube.com/watch?v=KwthNEN0KGI

I dunno, it seems more likely it was done to justify the fact that you can play as any character regardless of team

I (somewhat) enjoy Siege in its current state but I'll never not be mad about it changing drastically from the original E3 presentation
Tom Clancy had a ghost writer for years

It was always like that you brainlet
T hunt and the tutorials are the canon events

Why do you always gotta try and be sneaky with threads like this, just outright state what you want to talk about in the OP you fucking pussy

Probably because mods are killing threads about it on sight by now

maybe making multiple threads about the same fucking irrelevant video about muh nazis at the same time isn't the best idea then

What makes playing as the nazis so bad when plenty of the allies were involved in awful shit as well, both pre and post-ww2? Maybe a japanese person wouldn't want to play as the side responsible for dropping 2 atomic bombs on his country? For fuck's sake it's been nearly a century since WW2 and people are still pearl-clutching about nazis?

excuse me that's not related to this thread about rainbow six siege at all, you might want to make a new thread for a topic like that

People are more butturt about crusty old wars now than the people who actually fought in them

Compare these guys to any thread about the Civil War on the internet
youtube.com/watch?v=ce5WpM-JMYg

Yeah I'm sure Tom Clancy cared about the fucking games. He didn't even write most of his own books.

Not true. There were multiple changes during the development.
Disregarding claims, I assume it has much more to do with characters becoming heroes and not just classes.
Things like "On the Plane level I main Sa'id the Bomber" are considered a bit over the line.

Tom Clancy was dead

Well then his estate gave them that clause

AND I KILLED HIM

Attached: 1562053000816m.jpg (768x1024, 122K)

Lockdown came out when Clancy was alive. His name was already disgraced.

Nah, it's just because in this shithole only clickbait threads get more than 5 replies and start actual discussion... ussually not about vidya, of course.

Tom Clancy also didn't want a bunch of coons and fat dykes in special forces yet here we are.

I don't have any problems playing as terrorists or other bad guys but who would you even design and market that kind of game? CT and T characters wouldn't be interchangeable between teams or it'd be weird and as such you'd need mirror options (characters with essentially the same skills and roles). Then there's fleshing out the characters' backstories. How would you do that without glorifying terrorists? How would you explain famous terrorists from different organizations coming together and facing off against a similarly elite who's who of counter-terrorist operatives?

>inb4 video games

If you don't even care at all about maintaining even a facade of realism and immersion then I guess the changes made in Battlefield V are okay with you

No user! You disagree with me so that means you're a Nazi! Clearly these video games have warped your mind to believe Nazis are okay!