Why yes, I love playing video games at the highest difficulty right away to test my skills. What gave it away?

>Why yes, I love playing video games at the highest difficulty right away to test my skills. What gave it away?

Attached: chad.jpg (1080x1331, 97K)

Honestly if you don't play a game at the highest difficulty, then what's even the point?

>why yes, I only play single player games so as not to associate with losers on the internet, how did you know?

Attached: 834.png (680x760, 191K)

>so as not to associate with losers on the internet
Kind of failed at that by coming here.

Your extremely muscular, ripped body, Mr. Chad. Everyone knows only the manliest men play on the hardest difficulty.

Having fun___

It's not the 80s anymore, grandpa.

And the most fun you can have in a game is overcoming a challenge.

>Why yes, I piss my pant and pull my shirt up when I lose a Smash match. How do you know that?

Attached: 2F141C38-B8DF-4A23-BF2D-7632019A3411.png (530x579, 148K)

Only if you're a faggot with no life and think beating hard games somehow makes you desireable. Lmao

>games makes you play through normal first to unlock hard

Attached: [screaming internally].png (553x548, 358K)

I try the hardest difficulty by default but it depends on the game whether I stay on it or lower it down to the second hardest. Some games end up being more tedious than actually more difficult so it just makes it less fun.

>game is praised for being "comfy", i.e. safe, piss easy garbage

Attached: 1528163586798.jpg (379x374, 18K)

>Highest difficulty level? That just means the enemies do more damage while becoming damage sponges. I play games for enjoyable, balanced experiences, so I am not interested in the most artificially difficult level unless it truly offers something innovative

Attached: 1553408422931.jpg (1080x1331, 216K)

>why yes i did use cheats to beat sekiro and the souls games how did you know?

Attached: 1560513834397.jpg (751x1024, 90K)

>I'm bad at video games
Good to know, you can shut the fuck up now [-]

>game is incredible comfy but still too difficult for Yea Forums to enjoy
guess the game

have sex you permavirgin

That's right I do self imposed challenge runs in addition to playing on the hardest difficulty setting because modern hard modes are balanced around very low skill players and lack challenge. How could you tell?

Attached: 1561318220668.jpg (1571x1089, 194K)

GigabrainiacChad would never play games where hard mode just makes enemies into bullet sponges.

Name literally 1 (uno) game

Prototype

A little game we like to call "having sex"?

>I'm good at videogames
Kek, nerd

Name one hard mode that isn't just "enemies are OP". There are very few

This is the equivalent of calling someone a no-life over xbox live after they kill you

Max Payne

I haven't played it, but don't most people agree Hard difficulty is insane in Prototype?

Motherfucking critical mode in pic related. It's perfect.

Attached: MV5BMTkzMTQwMTM2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzk3NzAwMTE@._V1_UY268_CR3,0,182,268_AL_.jpg (182x268, 19K)

Doom UV and Nightmare, Quake nightmare, Douk, Blood, SW on hardest, Thief, any arcade game, Streets of Rage series, Shinobi, God Hand hard mode, Ninja Gaiden MN, Vanquish God Hard, etc. etc. there's thousands of examples it was practically the norm until recently kid

I know but that's why I'm not a Chad

Anything that isn't an RPG or have RPG elements.

>What gave it away?

What normally gives it away is the anger and frustration people express when trying to beat games on the hardest difficulty. Lets just sign up for something hard and aggravating after work, said no one ever.

Attached: 1546444612597.png (450x468, 230K)

What the fuck?

Attached: 1549350339479.gif (190x200, 2.56M)

>he finds hard modes aggravating
Holy yikes, stick to VNs

>player takes double damage
Same thing
None of those are different except thief and thats because its a stealth game which doesnt count here
Like?

The only reason to play on hard is if normal is too easy for you. Which it usually isn't and you're just being autistic

Reminder that not being competitive is a sign of low testosterone.

It's fun to larp isn't it user

>the highest difficulty is locked behind playing the game all the way through
This will unironically make me drop a game

Attached: 98D61FE6-77F1-4ACF-9ED3-623169CC259B.jpg (815x1006, 167K)

>None of those are different
You're a retard
Doom Nightmare makes the monsters move much faster along with making them respawn completely changing how you progress through levels
Blood and the others increase enemy aggression, add new enemies into levels, enhance their attacks in different ways
Arcade games make AI more aggressive, make things like bullets faster, add new spawns, in shmups patterns get more dense
God Hand, MN, Vanquish God Hard and others are the same, vastly increase enemy aggression, add new spawns, make attacks faster and so on

Danmaku are one of the few games where higher difficulty can scale with player skill better. FPS/Action games/etc just increase enemy damage and some other bullshit that doesn't really make it more challenging, just more tedious.

Everyone does user. Literally. Everyone. The act of doing something challenging isn't inherently fun it's the feeling of accomplishment afterwords and the reward that comes from it that is the desired. It's the reason people get mad because they fall short of completing that challenge and in turn fall short of actually having "fun" in a sense.

I don't get it either. All these normalfags play competitive mobas/CSGO/etc and they hate nearly every moment of it. The only times they have fun are the few and far between games where they absolutely stomped the enemy, because even games where they win they feel like some bullshit just made it more difficult than it needed to be.

I'm gonna have to say Resident Evil 7. The game goes all out for it's hard mode. It remixes the enemy spawn points, it remixes the ammo and weapon locations. It is a really cool mode to get good at.

No they aren't, that kind of approach to difficulty is the rule rather than the exception when it comes to arcade/old console jap action games.

Why play to win if it's just going to be easy? Obviously you want the challenges to be surmountable but how easy is too easy?

Attached: 1345036402135.gif (300x166, 2.76M)

Fire Emblem

Just because they get heated when competing doesn't mean they're not having fun, your female brain is just incapable of understanding competition

God Hand.

>increase enemy aggression
Keyword for does more damage with the same attacks

No you numbskull, they actually do that too in addition to increased aggression. What it means is that enemies have less cooldowns in between attacks/actions meaning they'll always be on your ass instead of taking lengthy breaks after a single punch or standing around. God Hand is the perfect example because enemies will go from just standing still when off camera to aggressively attacking you when you switch from normal to hard.

The fact they need to take breaks every now and then to settle down their pathetic normalfag nerves is proof enough of that.
It's honestly pathetic when friends talk to me about how much they hate playing competitive games. They're real betas

When the only difference in difficulty levels is how much health the enemies have, what's the point

In that person's specific examples, those are all team games, and honestly I see so much rage when it comes to people playing team games with random matchmaking. I honestly can't understand why people put themselves through that shit.

t. Fightan player

metroid prime

I like competitive games, but I hate competitive team games. So my options are limited.
>inb4 hurr durr teamwork
Teamwork is impossible when you're just playing with a bunch of randoms that you'll only interact with for 20 minutes.

The new hitman games.

God Hand is easily the best game I've ever played

Attached: 1451968491838.webm (640x360, 2.99M)

>doesn't mean they're not having fun

I have 3,412 hours on CSGO with a highest rank of GE and near 4k rank matches played in LoL with a highest rank of D1. Shit is only fun when you win. The journey getting there isn't even close to fun. I would say half the time I spent in game I wasn't enjoying it and at least 20% of the time I was actively upset at the game. Not just me either. All my buddies and damn near every person I came across in game felt the same way.

Attached: 1555239114530.jpg (970x582, 138K)

I usually play on the difficulty level the game defaults to.

>game just inflates enemy HP to sponge levels
Thats not challenging and fun.

I usually start at hard and go up or down depending on if I need it. Legendary usually feels.like they threw it in for autists that like banging their head against the wall, hard is typically where I get in flow state unless its a particularly difficult or easy hard mode.

>Mount and Blade

Attached: 4fe3twrg ty65yh5t.jpg (580x548, 34K)

>why yes, i hate video games, how did you know?

Attached: vidya.png (1080x1331, 891K)

Are you a masochist? All those hours you could be spending on an actual hobby, gone forever.

>Go into a "hardest games you've played" Thread
>Ask for advice on Daioujou
>Literally no one has heard of it
>Fucking Kingdom Hearts discussion
This site is a joke

>imaginary challenge you made up in your head
i could tell by your blatant need to get laid

I have about 2k ranked matches in HoN and I felt the same way at first. Then I stopped caring if I win and just started trying to have fun with it, game was still frustrating at times but at least I started having fun even during losses.
>build tanky as a support, build support as a roamer
>climb in MMR consistently
>still get multiple accounts banned because people are autistic about metas and consider not following them akin to throwing
Did the same thing in Overwatch and got my account banned even though I climbed to grandmaster doing it.

Attached: 1530993726139.gif (245x325, 1.52M)

>google game
>weeb game with moeshit on cover from 2002
Yeah hard pass

Yeah you absolutely play KH and think it's a tough game and has a deep emotional story.
Is there anyway to actually discuss difficult games?

>because people are autistic about metas
This is why I don't play team games. If you aren't following a cookie cutter meta to a T you get booted. No experimenting or having fun allowed.

I like this meme

Agreed. I also hate team games because I hate the feeling of sharing my wins, it doesn't even feel like I was needed, where in 1v1 or single player games it's entirely on me.
I don't mind 2v2, because it's you and a bro vs a bro and a bro but more than that is horrible

>my hideo kojima thread got deleted in less than 2 minutes but repetative gigachad threads can stay up

Attached: hideo kojima.jpg (1080x600, 77K)

Based mods, fuck kojimbo

>My thread about a hack who only wrote one kind of decent game got deleted
Good, anyone who praises Kojima or his fucking bullshit knows nothing about games and even less about reality

Now if only mods could do the same for every other ecelebrity thread

it was a thread shitting on him you fags, jannies suck that asian dick

Sure thing

Pokemon Black 2

"what are some video games about an asian hack videogame """developer""" who sells his shit by allure alone thats created and spouted by his autistic fanbase instead of actual having good gameplay or a sensical story and noone complains about it because he made some good games 10 years ago"
thats what my thread said i wouldve gotten lots of (yous)s if jannies didnt take it down now smd fags

>Games
>Plural
No. His only decent game was bits of MGS 2

OP here. I couldn't give any less of a fuck about you, your threads, or your opinions.

Thats wrong though, there are many different layers of reward to it beyond just the win, figuring out a challenge is fun, working on your consistency feels good, seeing incremental improvements over time is very enjoyable and theres always a rush when you come close to your goal, whether you win or lose. I had many times where I was so excited from the tension of a failed run in an arcade game I had to work out to get it out of my system.

This is a Chad who plays shmups

This but unironically, since the games requires your full attention and is generally more fun. Take witcher 3 for example. Unless you play on highest difficulty, all the potions, oils, bombs, crafting, upgrading, is useless because it's not required. Whereas on hard you always need that extra edge

I played W3 on the hardest difficulty and I never bothered with oils or bombs unless I happened to get them for free. Same with upgrading and potions. The game really was not that hard

Zelda

>that extra edge comes purely through resource grinding and the time spent crafting them
It makes more sense to consider those things a crutch for shitters, and a necessity in hard because the alternative was the remove them entirely and rebalance hard around the lack of those items.

COPE COPE COPE. Just because you suck at videogames doesnt mean others lifes are shitty when they like a proper challenge. You are an entitled little zoomer who whines about toxic people in rank cause they flame your shitty skills

Still, they have a purpose on hard. The gameplay is expanded.and you have more options, as opposed to normal where you don't even have to think since everything dies from 2 swings

But I do have sex, and it didnt change a thing. Im still gud at videogames, while you cant beat genichiro

>The gameplay is expanded
Grinding resource nodes doesn't expand the gameplay, it creates repetition.

Literally dropped DMCV becasue of this.
It was too easy and boring.
Stopped when I got to the bossfight as V because his shitty gameplay did not help either.

This is what pisses me off the most about Ace Combat games. I've been playing them for years so I've learned the mechanics inside out. It's just not the same if I'm not pushing myself to the limit.

Attached: 1448725794521.jpg (736x960, 616K)

Yeah, but actually no

I don't remember having to do that, at least in the PS2 games.
I know for 0 as well you can choose to make the game easier or harder

you can tell this shitty meme was made by some facebook zoomer

Is R-Type considered a hard game or just casualshit to Yea Forums contrarians?

>Yea Forums
>R-Type
I don't like it but Yea Forums knows nothing about shmups

In most games after AC3 you have to beat it on Expert or Very Hard to get Ace difficulty.

Yea Forums is full of zoomers who never played shmups. Clearing both loops is tough but it's still not that bad by shmups standards. Even the first loop is harder than the vast majority of nes/snes/genesis games people always jerk off to because they're le nintendo hard though.

Hard actually has an unlock associated with it, so it's annoying.

It's a year old /fit/ meme you fucking tourist

What loop?

A loop in a shmup is going through all the stages once, in some games like Cave games once you complete this loop, the game starts again but with different enemy spawns and more aggressive enemies

Once you beat the game it repeats and becomes much more difficult, that's called a loop and is a common feature in arcade games. Most games from the time period had infinite loops so they got more and more difficult the more you played but R-Type just has the 2 loops. Think of it as a hidden hard mode added to keep good players coming back after they master the main game.

Hardest difficulty in most games nowadays are absolute shitfests and completely untuned. It's just an annoying number shift to make enemy damage higher and your damage lower. Shit sucks.

Guacamelee

>Why yes, I love Sony. How did you know?

Attached: 1549668500409.png (859x960, 216K)

>Because you have all of the playstations in your room?

>A regretful choice of words

Some games are more fun when the enemies aren’t damage sponges that take 5 minutes to kill instead of 5 seconds

kirby string for the wii, but maybe no ficulty is a challenge in and of itself, i couldn't beat it cause it was too easy and was making me suffer

fuck classic Doom on Nightmare though. UV or bust.

I play i8n hard because other wise it ends to quickly.

Attached: 1562183120757.jpg (720x562, 43K)

I put every game on easiest mode and I sleep well at night, having a secure job and family.

Imagine dedicating yourself to mastering a useless skill like speedrunning on ultra hard.

Some games are straight up not fun on the highest difficulty. Halo 2 and Devil May Cry 3 come to mind.

Attached: Legendary.jpg (750x411, 41K)

You cheated not only the game, but yourself. You didn't grow. You didn't improve. You took a shortcut and gained nothing. You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained. It's sad that you don't know the difference.

>halo 2 on legendary difficulty
>he never got to play through halo 2 on legendary with his cool big brother while growing up
>he probably never even went hunting for all the skulls in halo 3 for the hayabusa armor

I don't have a big brother and my Halo 2 disc wouldn't play past mission 05.

Indeed

When did they start allowing casuals on Yea Forums? I know when I came here it was considered a character flaw, but I couldn't tell you when that changed.

You kids need to fuck off to gamefaqs or something, but even they would tell you to stop sucking.

>Why yes, I do post this shitty meme everyday until I get banned for it, How could you tell?

Attached: 89769.png (1396x940, 152K)

Attached: NEVER.png (1278x402, 691K)

>usually played on normal
>got really into DOOM .wads one year
>get absolutely BTFO by infamous .wads but slowly overcome them
>the most literal heart pounding fun I've felt in so long
>can no longer enjoy games unless it feels like I'm barely scraping it out alive the whole time
>even totally ok with difficulty that just pumps numbers up because it usually means you die almost instantly

Attached: 640A8879-8C86-4EE8-9476-14F11837D740.jpg (883x828, 154K)

Starfox 64

>doing private things for the purpose of becoming more desirable
shit user what are you even doing

>to test my skills
Lol what a fucking faggot

wonderful 101